Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, I still don't really understand how the fuck he became the president. Everyone thought he was a joke. This whole notion of how the chaos he creates might actually bring some good out of it as also baffling to me. Especially when the one creating it is a moron and an opportunist, only ever looking for himself. He's a businessman, and that's what businessmen do. If anyone thought that a wealthy businessman would make a good president, because he'd use his skills to make the country rich, is as stupid as Trump is. No sweetheart, they don't do it to make others rich. Just themselves.
    2016 showed the world that America is a bigger shithole then we all suspected after 8 years of Obama optimism.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Trump stated in CPAC the Democrats are bringing fascsim.

I love the performance artistry and projection of the Republican party. They definitely are NOT the fascist people.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump on his rant talks about how Manchin and Sinema "betrayed" them. Hmmmm? Wonder why they single those two out. I sure hope Arizona get rid of Sinema and we can pick up another seat.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Trump stated in CPAC the Democrats are bringing fascsim.
    I'd almost want to hear what Team Trump thinks "fascism" is. Even if they said something about their right to free speech, that's the free market, not the government.

Look, we all know they're lying. Even the people there, know Trump is lying about the Democrats being fascist. They just don't want to admit it because they actually want fascism. They want to be the heavily-armed white men patrolling their border from Mexican rapists. They want to be the ones shutting down others' rights to, say, be biracial. No, really, remember who CPAC invited. They want to be the ones outlawing all religions except theirs. And I don't need to back that up, because everyone reading this thread for years already has all the evidence they need.

There is a mock jail cell on the CPAC floor. That's all I need to say.

Nothing states "America FIRST!!!" or "Make America Great Again!!" then by buying made in China products and putting a Made in USA label on it. I thought, according to them, that China was the one stealing from the USA and selling it as their own.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...c52a5743379843

MAGA ‘Lions Not Sheep’ bro busted for putting bogus ‘Made in USA’ tags on Chinese-made apparel

The far-right "Lions Not Sheep" apparel company was ordered to pay a hefty fine after being caught replacing "Made in China" tags on its appear with "Made in USA."

Lions Not Sheep Products, LLC, and its owner Sean Whalen, were ordered to pay a $211,335 fine by the Federal Trade Commission. Additionally, the company was ordered to 'stop making bogus Made in USA claims' and "come clean about foreign production."

The Deseret News described the "Lions Not Sheep" as a "Utah-based apparel company known for its inflammatory T-shirts that often espouse pro-Second Amendment and pro-Trump messages."

"A reference to the saying “a lion doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep,” the company made waves during the pandemic in response to mask mandates and COVID-19 restrictions, with shirts that read “give violence a chance,” depict Donald Trump as the Terminator and frequently feature military-style rifles," the newspaper reported. "The company also has a celebrity roster that includes mixed martial arts fighter Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone, Robert J. O’Neill, who claims to be the sole Navy SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden, and motorcycle racer Davi Millsaps."

The FTC voted 5-0 to approve the final order.

The FTC complaint says Whalen posted a video online saying he could “conceal the fact that his shirts are made in China by ripping out the origin tags and replacing them with tags stating that the merchandise was made in the United States.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Nothing states "America FIRST!!!" or "Make America Great Again!!" then by buying made in China products and putting a Made in USA label on it. I thought, according to them, that China was the one stealing from the USA and selling it as their own.

Hey, Daddy Trump has all his stuff made in China, so you think conservatives are gonna care?

Isn't this like, at least the fourth time a fairly explicitly pro-Trump organization got caught misrepresenting the actual origins of their products? I don't think others have gone as far as replacing tags, much less bragging about that on social media, but this seems like a feature of Trumpism.

Something that will make you throw up in your mouth, Trump claims Dr. Ronny Jackson "Loved looking at his body."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...a5de2c77ef54e2

Trump Says White House Doctor Ronny Jackson 'Loved Looking at My Body'

Former President Donald Trump headlined the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Saturday night in Dallas. As he does with most of his weekend rallies, he spoke in-depth about a wide array of topics, including himself.

After introducing former White House doctor Ronny Jackson to the crowd, Trump talked about the physical exams he received while in office.

"He loved looking at my body. It was so strong," Trump said. "But he said I'm the healthiest president that's ever lived. I was the healthiest. I said, I like this guy."

Aside from being a physician, Jackson is a former rear admiral in the U.S. Navy, and he now represents the 13th Congressional District in Texas, which is in West Texas around Levelland.

Jackson is clearly a Trump ally, and the Texas representative took a swipe at President Joe Biden's administration via Twitter. Jackson even took a jab at "mask mandates."

"This administration is hellbent on DESTROYING our military. CRT, vaccine mandates - they're doing everything EXCEPT keeping us safe. If we're going to save the military, we need a RED WAVE in November!"

Trump hit all of his usual talking points while rallying the conservative base. These included the economy, America becoming energy independent again, "fake news," strengthening the southern border, taking guns "away from criminals," the war in Ukraine, a looming conflict between China and Taiwan, men playing women's sports, and, as always, taking shots at Biden and Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"Crazy Nancy Pelosi. What was she doing in Taiwan?" Trump said. "That woman brings chaos."

Though the former president hasn't said he will run again in 2024, he's floated the idea out there several times this year, including Saturday night.

"I ran twice, I won twice. I did much better the second time," Trump said. "And now, we may have to do it again! We are going to make America great again. But we have to make America safe again first."

Trump said America should "leave the police alone" to do their job.

"Instead of taking the guns from law abiding Americans let's take them away from criminals," Trump said.

Newsweek reached out to the White House for comment.

Trump brought female swimmer Riley Gaines on stage to talk about keeping men out of women's sports. Trump called Gaines, who's one of the most-decorated women's swimmers in the history at the University of Kentucky, "brave."

Then Gaines spoke to the crowd for a brief moment.

"Basically, all I want to say is that it takes a brain and common sense and fifth grade biology level understanding to realize this is blatantly unfair. It's completely obvious," Gaines told the crowd. "And so I spoke earlier today and I said a lot so I'll keep it short, and I'm just gonna say keep female sports female."

Hosted by the American Conservative Union, the annual CPAC is one of the largest gathering of conservatives in the world. This year, it was a way for conservatives to springboard momentum heading into the 2022 midterm elections.
    I didn't realize that having the body of the Pillsbury Dough Boy is considered healthy and strong. I mean, there are professional strongmen that are fat but even they know it isn't healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump tried to boost his own ego, had a transphobe speak on his behalf, and attacked Nancy Pelosi. Sounds like the MAGA Trifecta. Inflate self-worth, insult minorities, and attack Democrats.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Something that will make you throw up in your mouth, Trump claims Dr. Ronny Jackson "Loved looking at his body."

I didn't realize that having the body of the Pillsbury Dough Boy is considered healthy and strong. I mean, there are professional strongmen that are fat but even they know it isn't healthy.
    The narcissistic toddler needs to hear praises, no matter how ridiculous they are. He NEEDS it, and the people around him know it.

Btw this same quack once said orange fatfuck is so healthy he could live up to 200 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump claims Dr. Ronny Jackson "Loved looking at his body."
    Remember, anything other than saying Trump is perfection, is treason. Even by Trump. His ego does not allow him to say that he's even a little bit flawed.

Whaah! People I have to actually work.

If you bitch about doing you job, then quit. I like Rubio crying more that Grassley that little wimp. Entitled little punk.

Plus you have to love how they bitch about people who went to work during pandemic for likely not a living wage or in general where of course the pleb Americans just need to shut up and work.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Grassley (and most Republicans for that matter) amuse me when they scream about "Tax and Spend" which translates to, raise the money and then spend it. While they have a Cult following of morons who yell at poor people for buying things on credit they don't have the cash for.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Of fucking course the fucking Republicans screwed Diabetics again, by blocking the Insulin price caps.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...a5de2c77ef54e2

i wonder if he owes that doctor $130,000?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Of fucking course the fucking Republicans screwed Diabetics again, by blocking the Insulin price caps.
    It was off an objection from Graham, and I'm looking around to see if Republicans are even bothering to say why they objected to it beyond, "It might disproportionately help folks on the lower end of the economic scale."

Edit: Best I can find - https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-gop-votes-no/

Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-S.D) told reporters on Sunday morning that Democrats knew well before the vote that the parliamentarian ruled a cap on insulin prices in the private market a violation of Senate rules.

“She knocked it out. They added it back in and basically, you know, wanted to tempt us to, I guess, vote against it,” Thune said, while taking aim at Democrats for “overruling the parliamentarian.”

He said the effort to overturn the parliamentarian undermined the integrity of Senate procedure and Senate rules.

“It undermines the whole reconciliation process if you if you start doing that,” he said. “So, I mean, I think there’s a right way and wrong way to do it. They want to get that vote, there’s a lot of ways they can get that vote, but doing it this way, was the wrong way to do it.”
    So no actual objection to the amendment itself, just that they didn't like that Democrats tried to get it put back in there? I don't even pretend to understand this.

At least there is a bit of good news though -

Democrats won a partial victory, however, because the parliamentarian allowed Warnock’s $35 insulin cap to apply to Medicare beneficiaries, which could influence prices in the private market.
    Now whether or not it impacts the private market prices...I'm skeptical (if anything, they'd go up to offset the inability to gouge Medicare, sadly). But this is good for folks on Medicare who are also likely on fixed income.

My search for a substantive reason to vote against this amendment beyond, "Because Democrats wanted it." continues...
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-08-08 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    California is looking towards producing its own insulin more at-cost for diabetics. If they can produce more than California demands, I imagine they'll begin selling it to other states as well. Which means that pharmaceutical companies will be competing against an entity that can sell their exact same product for a vastly lower price.

Once again, California might be the driving force that addresses a problem where republican lawmakers failed, just like with car emission standards.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    California is looking towards producing its own insulin more at-cost for diabetics. If they can produce more than California demands, I imagine they'll begin selling it to other states as well. Which means that pharmaceutical companies will be competing against an entity that can sell their exact same product for a vastly lower price.

Once again, California might be the driving force that addresses a problem where republican lawmakers failed, just like with car emission standards.
    Right up until they claim Commiefornia Insulin has microchips for 5G, say it's made from aborted black fetuses pissed on by Pelosi herself, jack up the price, or some other for of ratfuckery. Then claim it was CA that did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Right up until they claim Commiefornia Insulin has microchips for 5G
    CAN SOMETHING FINALLY?! Seriously, I'd love to have a signal boost and I'm still sad that the covid vaccine didn't seem to do shit to improve my cell phone reception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    CAN SOMETHING FINALLY?! Seriously, I'd love to have a signal boost and I'm still sad that the covid vaccine didn't seem to do shit to improve my cell phone reception.
    Inorite? I'm still waiting to become Magneto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Right up until they claim Commiefornia Insulin has microchips for 5G, say it's made from aborted black fetuses pissed on by Pelosi herself, jack up the price, or some other for of ratfuckery. Then claim it was CA that did it.
    ...I mean, they can claim that bullshit all they want, but unless something legally prevents it from being sold in other states, I don't think GOP complaints will amount to a whole hill of beans. And I think the number of people that believe that affordable California insulin is made by the devil will be smaller than the number people that don't want to pay obscene amounts of money for insulin from big pharma.

Plus, were California to succeed at producing at-or-near-cost insulin suitable to meet the needs of a large part of California's insulin requirements, then pharmaceutical companies would basically have to lower their prices to remain competitive in California. And a quick google search reveals that there are about 3 million diabetics in California, and 30 million diabetics in the United States overall. So unless Insulin producers want to lose effectively 10% of their sales base, they'd need to shape up and become competitive. And even if the GOP passes some sort of law on a federal or state-by-state level that prevents California from selling its own cheaper insulin, people are going to get pissed mighty quick if they start to learn that they're effectively being price gouged in their own state. "I'm going to make sure insulin costs more in X conservative state than it does in (supposedly) tax-burdened, eveything-is-more-expensive, Commiefornia" is not a sentiment that will be politically popular for any hopeful GOP candidate.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.