Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't think he can release the warrant from his end, I don't think he gets to keep a copy. Judicial Watch is suing for it now and apparently just got a Judge to grant their FOIA request - though with redactions.

But would you believe a list of things he says were taken? I wouldn't.
    I believe he actually can, there are tons of people in the media saying he can that are lawyers. Even Hugh Hewitt, a professor of constitutional law says he would be able to and should.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...t-make-public/

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I believe he actually can, there are tons of people in the media saying he can that are lawyers. Even Hugh Hewitt, a professor of constitutional law says he would be able to and should.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...t-make-public/
    what would this do for Trump? "I bragged about taking classified documents, someone ratted me out that I indeed had classified documents I shouldn't have and the FBI was completely justified in taking those documents in the raid".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    what would this do for Trump? "I bragged about taking classified documents, someone ratted me out that I indeed had classified documents I shouldn't have and the FBI was completely justified in taking those documents in the raid".
    It would show why he got raided and cool off the Civil War rhetoric, but he wants to keep that going so he can make 10s of millions in small donations to keep his billionaire status going.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, after Fox News and the pundits there have accused the FBI of planting evidence, which they didn't need to, Trump is now saying it, which the FBI should absolutely go after him for.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy73...einhart-doxxed

Multiple members of these toxic online communities are even posting what appears to be Judge Bruce Reinhart’s home address, phone numbers, and names of his family members alongside threats of extreme violence.

“This is the piece of shit judge who approved FBI’s raid on Mar-a-Lago,” a user wrote on the pro-Trump message board formerly known as TheDonald. “I see a rope around his neck.”

Responding, another user wrote: “Idgaf [I don’t give a fuck] anymore. Name? Address? Put that shit all up on here.” Moments later, a different member replied with what appears to be Reinhart’s current address, phone numbers, previous addresses, and names of possible relatives.

In another post on the same message board, one user commented, “Let's find out if he has children....where they go to school, where they live...EVERYTHING.”
    I eagerly await for the Republicans, in a unified voice, to condemn these threats and the attempts to dox this judge with all the anger and vigor they did so when SCOTUS Justices were *checks notes* being peacefully protested. Except that one loser that called himself into the cops, which still fuck that guy.

They want to go after his kids, too. So much for the #SaveTheKids crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    what would this do for Trump?
    Well, if Trump is telling the truth, it would give him some real credibility and hand the GOP ammunition.

But...he's not, so the correct answer is "decimate his credibility and demonstrate his guilt".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Anyway, after Fox News and the pundits there have accused the FBI of planting evidence, which they didn't need to, Trump is now saying it
    I suspect this is backwards. Also, it looks like they learned their lesson from Alex Jones, they're mostly saying "we can't prove they didn't plant evidence". I mean, they also can't prove I didn't fuck Sen. Graham's secret wife in the shower last night. But what they're really doing is floundering and panicking. Since it's now pretty much a given the FBI left Trump's house with evidence of Trump's crimes, "he's not guilty" isn't going to work without some kind of deflection.

Calling it now: Trump might bring this up in trial, but he doesn't make any actual legal moves about planting evidence. He is trying the case in the court of public opinion, but that's not going to save him.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy73...einhart-doxxed

I eagerly await for the Republicans, in a unified voice, to condemn these threats and the attempts to dox this judge with all the anger and vigor they did so when SCOTUS Justices were *checks notes* being peacefully protested. Except that one loser that called himself into the cops, which still fuck that guy.

They want to go after his kids, too. So much for the #SaveTheKids crowd.
    Threatening a judge and the FBI?

Not a great plan.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Threatening a judge and the FBI?

Not a great plan.
    No one ever accused them of being the brightest.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    They're not sending their best, their brightest. Some of them, I assume, are good people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Hopefully these morons will out themselves enough that the FBI can give them a little talking to before they're able to harm anyone.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allegedly Trump pleaded the 5th over 440 times during his deposition today.

Looking real innocent there. /s
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post

I swear, sometimes I think that anyone who pleads the 5th should just be considered guilty and arrested/or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tale he spun was "I didn't take the Fifth because I was guilty, I took the Fifth becasue bigly yuge WITCH HUNT!" No really, he took it every single question just so he wouldn't have to pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I swear, sometimes I think that anyone who pleads the 5th should just be considered guilty and arrested/or whatever.
    Thing is that pleading the 5th doesn't automatically equal guilt. Pleading the 5th can't be used against someone in a criminal case, for example.

It CAN, however, be used against them in a civil case, which apparently New Yorks investigation into Trump is.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Feels like that would entirely defeat the purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, here's the thing: this was a civil case. Trump told the judge and jury he was a potential criminal 440 times. Now, he gets PR out of this, but again, PR doesn't change the judge or jury much.

EDIT: He was going to take the Fifth on some questions anyhow. This way, he can do that while letting his base pretend Trump isn't a criminal.

That's what they do. Pretend. They know Trump is a criminal, they just don't want to admit it.

You're not alone in that:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is that pleading the 5th doesn't automatically equal guilt. Pleading the 5th can't be used against someone in a criminal case, for example.

It CAN, however, be used against them in a civil case, which apparently New Yorks investigation into Trump is.
    I mean, is it not essentially saying "The plaintiff says X, Y and Z. I will neither confirm nor deny that statement."
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean, is it not essentially saying "The plaintiff says X, Y and Z. I will neither confirm nor deny that statement."
    That's basically the difference. A criminal court needs to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, so there's a hill to climb, and a defendant refusing to testify against themselves can make that hill unclimbable.

But civil cases are held to the standard of the preponderance of the evidence, basically "is it more likely they did it than that they didn't", and there, pleading the 5th is really weak, because you provide no counterargument, and then the weight of the evidence on the plaintiff's part meets the preponderance standard, and you lose. Not so much because you pled the 5th, but because they made claims and you didn't have an explanation or defense or contradiction.

AND THERE'S MORE - https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1556782165689507841

"This is absolutely going to enrage the country..."
    Learning math and history enrages that part of the country.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Attorney: "Sir, is your name Donald J. Trump?"
    Trump: "I plead the fifth."
    Attorney: "Sir, all I am doing is..."
    Trump: "FIFTH!"
    Attorney: "Sir.."
    Trump: "FIFTH!!!!"
    Attorney: "If this guy says fifth one more time, I am going to drink a fifth."
    Trump: "FIFTH!!!!!!!!"

I can imagine this being the exchanges between Trump and lawyers. He did read that statement numerous times he put out too during his time there.