Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's especially fun given the source of the quote she's reading from.
    The Bible saw Chinese food coming. Prophetic.

I think it's pretty understated (if it was ever mentioned), but Zelenksy seems pretty self-assured Trump isn't coming back to office. He's made a number of recent slandering statements shitting on him as a Putin croney and piece of shit, things that would make for terrible foreign relations if Trump is re-elected.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    The Bible saw Chinese food coming. Prophetic.
    It's especially fun given the source of the quote she's reading from.

Rep. Lauren Boebert Mocked For Wanton Abuse Of The English Language

the thing about wonton killings is that you have to be careful where you dumpling the bodies
    Pfft. Everyone knows the Wantans were killed by General Tso.
    We all teach our kids, “When you don’t know a word - look it up or ask.”

Is this her first night with the Bible??
    remember when Dan Quayle misspelled 'potato' and because the American people held politicians to such high standards his career never recovered?
    And of course

The best wontons don't have MSG
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I think it's pretty understated--
    Hey, have you noticed how you never respond to people when they call you out on questionable or even outright false statements?

https://apnews.com/article/health-ga...2ac3a7aeb50e55

Republicans, the party of "law and order" are choosing to ignore the ruling of the Minesotta court which rejected their attempt to prevent people from changing the gender on their birth certificate. Wherever you stand on this issue, I think we can agree that Republicans simply ignoring judicial rulings isn't a good thing.

https://apnews.com/article/health-ga...2ac3a7aeb50e55

Republicans, the party of "law and order" are choosing to ignore the ruling of the Minesotta court which rejected their attempt to prevent people from changing the gender on their birth certificate. Wherever you stand on this issue, I think we can agree that Republicans simply ignoring judicial rulings isn't a good thing.
    And yet they would bitch and complain if a Democrat were to do that. Being the party of law and order after all.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    And yet they would bitch and complain if a Democrat were to do that. Being the party of law and order after all.
    Does anyone still buy that law and order line? After 1/6 they are now calling for killing and defunding the FBI for daring to search the property of the fuhrer.

https://www.advocate.com/breaking-ne...ital-bomb-hoax

Good news! All the Q fucks in the Republican party harassing the Boston Childrens Hospital? Well, one has been arrested for making a bomb threat.

Rollins said that investigators obtained warrants and tracked the call to a T-Mobile phone owned by the suspect. Officials said her arrest was “without incident” at her Westfield home.
    Protip: Don't make bomb threats from your personal phone.

I mean, don't make bomb threats at all. But if you do, please use your phone so it's easier for law enforcement to track you down and arrest you.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...icizing-trump/

House Minority Leader Andrew McCarthy believes he knows who the sneaky Republican who recorded him shit talking Trump behind Trump's back, and then gave the audio to the NYT, is.

Reminder: McCarthy denied the authenticity of the leaked audio at first. But this didn't permanently damage his relationship with Trump, who did end up endorsing his reelection bid this year. Apparently...Republicans actually like McCarthy? Weird, but alright I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/15/polit...ter/index.html

A Brooklyn-based federal judge was selected on Thursday to serve as an independent arbiter to review the materials seized in the FBI's search of former President Donald Trump's Florida home.

The special master will be Senior Judge Raymond Dearie, who was put forward as a possible candidate for the special master role by Trump, who had sued in court to obtain the review. The Justice Department also endorsed Dearie's appointment.

US District Judge Aileen Cannon also rejected the Justice Department's bid to revive its criminal investigation into classified documents seized at Mar-a-Lago last month. The denial sets the stage for the department's dispute with Trump over the search to move quickly to an appeals court and potentially the US Supreme Court.
    Special master appointed, DoJ will likely be appealing to allow them to continue their investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I find it interesting how much the news media doesn't just vilify Trump, but the entire Republican party.

It's one of the two major political entities in the US but the media will teach kids it's like some cabal of villains.
    If they are still supporting the fucking traitor, then they fucking deserve it.

Special master appointed, DoJ will likely be appealing to allow them to continue their investigation.
    I'd love to hear that justification for that denial. Trump himself made mishandling classified documents a felony.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do kinda get the judge's reasoning "If I were willing to take the FBI at their word about a partial redaction, I wouldn't have appointed a special master at all"

I've posted on Dearie before. I don't think he'll do Trump any favors, just for being Trump. And I don't think the FBI took Trump's personal documents and plans to keep them -- Trump's medical bills, credit card builds and black book of friends' wives he wants to bang aren't national security issues.

What the fucking shit is this? Are they both fucking clinically stupid?

https://twitter.com/lavern_spicer/st...00019222904832

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    What the fucking shit is this? Are they both fucking clinically stupid?
    No, it's a long-running joke often targeted at Bill Clinton. It's because he's arrested, so he must be black. Har har, America.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    @tehdang that even if he did declassify the documents it would still be illegal to remove them from secure federal locations/store them improperly for some if not all of them.
    0 for 2
    Never made or commented on the claim that Trump could've declassified them
    Never made or commented on claims that Trump properly stored them

Also important for people slow on the draw
    Surely, you're proving I have company.

We're making it a party here on taking up arguments nobody made in this thread.

Why? Because his lawyers, in their filings, to do not state that Trump has asserted privilege over these documents. Again because he doesn't have the authority to do so.
    He can't assert privilege to prevent seizure. But the FBI can't ignore privilege when they hand them off to investigative teams. And a judge agreed and cited court precedent in the ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Someone had to
    I'm glad somebody found it helpful when he answered unasked questions. I'll wait around for him, since the poster referenced wanted to return with some of his own.

Reminder: Trump has not actually asserted anything. He's hinted at it, but not actually asserted executive privilege.
    This is at the early stage of process, so we'll see if Trump is eventually indicted. The only harm the FBI could do in this case would be to ignore privilege claims during its criminal investigation. Trump's lawyer brought a successful lawsuit on that point and related ones.

We still talking about the judge whose ruling has been nearly universally panned by liberal, conservative, and non-partisan lawyers and legal scholars? Including Trump's former AG Bill Bar?
    I'm well aware that lefties lash out at judges when they don't win rulings. It's very important to attack judges in order to help voters understand they're the party of preserving norms and defending Democracy. Especially when this is just a ruling about process, not something big like a criminal trial. Argumentum ad populum.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    We're making it--
    Continued posting completely irrelevant information. Until Trump claims under oath he asserted privilege, your attempts to defend him are as useless as they are pointless. You might as well be asking how Trump likes his unicorn steaks cooked.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You answered questions I never asked, and now you're moving on to the assumption and assertion phase of this thing. Reminder from last post:
    You have the post before it.

I'm certainly not going to stop you from assuming whatever you like is true about me. That's about your volition and your character. If you want to hear it from my own words, well I'll definitely do my best to answer your questions if you answer mine. I'd stick to things that are likely to be publicly confirmed, not hypotheticals about the identity of classified documents that may never be actually confirmable. I've already answered others about what I think of speculation only on selective leaks by people at the DoJ and FBI to friendly media outlets.

You should admit that the FBI ought to screen for potentially executive privileged documents and potentially attorney-client privileged documents before investigating them as part of a criminal investigation. Maybe NARA ultimately has a right of possession, but the FBI doesn't have the power to ignore Trump's assertion of rights as it investigates a criminal case. The FBI and NARA are different. Before you want to say this is all trolling, a district judge just confirmed that, based on Supreme Court precedent, FBI errors, and public trust. You're essentially calling the FBI dummies for not telling the judge that some NARA procedure gives them the right to ignore possible assertion of executive privilege when they have investigative teams pore over the seized documents. They wouldn't be as unwise as you. They might have to win a case in court once abuse of process claims are over.
    Only responding to the Bold bit. Because this is where you seem extremely confused.
    Things that are covered by Executive Privilige and are documents?

Those aren't Trumps. They belong to the government. If they are documents and covered by executive privilige they should be in NARAs hands. Not Trumps. That's where the fucking issue starts.
    - Lars

@tehdang

Typically don't respond but will put it like this.

1) If it is Executive Privileged documents, then it isn't Trump's as he isn't the president and shouldn't have it. Just like if you were the manager of a company and then quit or got fired, you aren't allowed to take company information with you.

2) If it's classified documents, its not covered under Attorney Client privilege as the lawyers weren't legally allowed to be viewing it anyways and even if Trump showed it to them, that doesn't make it Trumps, just like when you managed the company in #1, if you showed your lawyer trade secrets or stuff covered by security clearance, those documents still belonged to the company and not you.

3) The claim of Executive Privilege lies completely within the hands of the sitting president, when they are gone, so does the power to claim it. Obama could have revoked it on anything Bush Jr. claimed it on, Trump could have revoked anything Obama claimed it on, Biden can revoke anything Trump claimed it on, and so on. Because those documents didn't belong to any of them but the office itself.

There is no legal defense Trump can realistically give that would hold up in any reputable court on this. Any court that rules in his favor on this legal point are the same kind of people that would acquit a murdering rapist a century ago just because the victim was black.

Edit:

4) If he declassified anything while in office, there would be required to have a record of it, no record of it means it didn't ever OFFICIALLY happen.

5) Even if he did, their standards still require them to treat any documents still labeled as classified as though they were still classified. And those still had the markings.

6) Not even the president has the authority to declassify information about our nuclear technology, so even if he tried to when he was president, he wouldn't have had the authority to do so.

Lets face it, the only defense Trump has is the same one the Afluenza teen had.

Edit again:

7) Even if he declassified the information with a record of it and even if much of it was never classified to begin with, he still would not be allowed to carry the originals of this stuff, he would have been required to turn them over to the archives and at best kept copies of it. He is legally required to turn all that stuff over to keep records and has been a federal law ever since Nixon tried to take his own recordings with him to keep them from being turned over and kept.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-09-16 at 06:07 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    @tehdang

Typically don't respond but will put it like this.

1) If it is Executive Privileged documents, then it isn't Trump's as he isn't the president and shouldn't have it. Just like if you were the manager of a company and then quit or got fired, you aren't allowed to take company information with you.

2) If it's classified documents, its not covered under Attorney Client privilege as the lawyers weren't legally allowed to be viewing it anyways and even if Trump showed it to them, that doesn't make it Trumps, just like when you managed the company in #1, if you showed your lawyer trade secrets or stuff covered by security clearance, those documents still belonged to the company and not you.

3) The claim of Executive Privilege lies completely within the hands of the sitting president, when they are gone, so does the power to claim it. Obama could have revoked it on anything Bush Jr. claimed it on, Trump could have revoked anything Obama claimed it on, Biden can revoke anything Trump claimed it on, and so on. Because those documents didn't belong to any of them but the office itself.

There is no legal defense Trump can realistically give that would hold up in any reputable court on this. Any court that rules in his favor on this legal point are the same kind of people that would acquit a murdering rapist a century ago just because the victim was black.

Edit:

4) If he declassified anything while in office, there would be required to have a record of it, no record of it means it didn't ever OFFICIALLY happen.

5) Even if he did, their standards still require them to treat any documents still labeled as classified as though they were still classified. And those still had the markings.

6) Not even the president has the authority to declassify information about our nuclear technology, so even if he tried to when he was president, he wouldn't have had the authority to do so.

Lets face it, the only defense Trump has is the same one the Afluenza teen had.

Edit again:

7) Even if he declassified the information with a record of it and even if much of it was never classified to begin with, he still would not be allowed to carry the originals of this stuff, he would have been required to turn them over to the archives and at best kept copies of it. He is legally required to turn all that stuff over to keep records and has been a federal law ever since Nixon tried to take his own recordings with him to keep them from being turned over and kept.
    Yep, Andrew Napolitano, I don't care for his politics and who he works/worked for in Fox News, but he has a similar view, and he has explained this on Tiktok that Trump has fucked up and has no legal basis for any of this. He has also stated that the judge has fucked up as well, as there is no precedent for this special master shit.

https://www.tiktok.com/@judgenap/vid...82817216628229
    https://www.tiktok.com/@judgenap/vid...82817216628229

The 2nd link explains everything about declassification and the procedure he has to follow.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think @tehdang is huffing the copium really hard that what Trump did was perfectly legal.

Spoilers: It wasn't.

Regardless of any executive privilege, they found secret documents on nuclear tech in Trump's possession. Even if tehdang's assertions about executive privilege for other documents were true (which they're hilariously not), Trump is still fucked vis a vis the nuclear tech documents.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I think @tehdang is huffing the copium really hard that what Trump did was perfectly legal.

Spoilers: It wasn't.

Regardless of any executive privilege, they found secret documents on nuclear tech in Trump's possession. Even if tehdang's assertions about executive privilege for other documents were true (which they're hilariously not), Trump is still fucked vis a vis the nuclear tech documents.
    I think the fact that we are even debating the legality of it is just nuts. Who actually thinks an ex-president having such documents is ever a good idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

0 for 2
    Never made or commented on the claim that Trump could've declassified them
    Never made or commented on claims that Trump properly stored them
    Nothing I actually said made comment or actually cares whether you specifically commented on those things. You've made multiple comments defending the legality of Trump's actions/dishonestly painting the FBI's attempts to retrieve classified American property as illegal/improper. And you seemed profoundly confused by the very basic concept of Executive privilege so I'm just trying to use the crayon and paper to draw a map to get you to understanding.

And because of that it's almost 100% guaranteed those very very basic and key points undermining your rampant defense of your orange God it needed to be explained to you that regardless of any shitty defenses you've made of Trump this far, or if you specifically commented on them yet, there are numerous issues you're choosing to ignore, obfuscate, or deliberately misunderstand and misrepresent facts.

So new score 2 points for me and at this point with various penalties your score has to be negative.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2022-09-16 at 12:27 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.