Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This thread is about Trump. If you're asking people to talk about someone that isn't Trump, or is in no way related to this case, you're asking people to be off topic.
    We were talking about lawsuits that directly concerned Trump, and his presidential opponent speaking specifically on his electoral legitimacy fall under that banner. I won't needle people on talking about Cannon's partisanship or nonpartisanship is inappropriate in a Trump thread. I won't and wouldn't start some sideline of Hillary after you had answered, even if your only opinion on illegitimate elections was normalizing those comments by comparison to Trump. Take care.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    illegitimate elections
    We didn't have one. Please post constructively.

When was there an illegitimate election?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We didn't have one. Please post constructively.
    He's conflating Hillary's comments about Trump being an "illegitimate president" with making her as bad as Trump making false claims about why the FBI raided his home to recover top secret and otherwise classified documents Trump stole.

Which, as I've said before, he can't pick an example of Hillary "doing something wrong" that Trump didn't do 10,000 times worse, seeing as Trump actually attempted to act on his claims that the election were "illegitimate" by coercing rioters to storm the capitol building in addition to engaging in scads of attempts at orchestrating election fraud.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's conflating Hillary's comments
    Ah, so he's both deflecting, and also posting off-topic? It's like he's not being a genuine poster, or something.

Hey, we haven't checked up on Trump's Chinese knockoff Twitter today.

Oh dearie me, someone backed out of the deal and took $100 million with them. That doesn't sound good. And another 2.5% drop in the stock price today.

"Blank-check" company Digital World Acquisition said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing on Friday that some backers were pulling a total of $139 million they had planned to put into the deal. Digital World had previously announced funding commitments of $1 billion.

The investors who signed up for the deal about a year ago were able to back out if it was not completed by September 20.

The investors who walked away were not disclosed in the filings, but Reuters reported that Sabby Management, which planned to put in $100 million, is one that had bowed out.

Sources told the news agency that more investors may also withdraw their commitments now that the deadline has passed and were awaiting more favorable terms to be put to them by Digital World.

Digital World has faced difficulty in getting sufficient shareholder approval for the merger and could be forced to liquidate and return investors' cash if the deal is not completed. It said earlier this month it had extended the deadline for completion by three months.
    Everyone remembers the scene from Sneakers where--

"Dude, that movie's old enough to run for President."

Shush, you. The scene where

People think a bank might be financially shaky.
    Consequence: People start to withdraw their money.
    Result: Pretty soon it is financially shaky.
    What happens when a deal based on removable investments looks like it's going to fail? People start to remove their investment. Pretty soon, it's going to fail.

I have been looking for some time and, yes I'm biased against Trump and other traitorous felons, but I have honestly yet to see any promising news. The best I've seen are some investors adding more money to keep the chance the deal goes through alive. That's it.

Someone is still going to benefit here. Trump might view the world with the view that, in order for him to win, everyone else must lose. Normally, that's false. But in the case of an investment like this one with a forced payout per share, it actually kinda works. A lot of people have lost money buying DWAC stock, watch it do nothing but decline, and eventually sell off out of frustration or the growing realization it would only drop more. And some people who managed to buy early at $10 will get their $10 back and only break even.

Where is the money going? Who's winning?

My take is, Trump Social is tired of winning. Everyone who is going to make money already has. The winners have already left, having eaten their steak dinner and left everyone else with the check. I think the people who are going to walk out with money are those who got in early ($10 shares at launch) and sold them when the price spiked. In other words, an economic situation that no longer seems possible to repeat. Everyone left in the deal is now fighting for who can lose the least amount of money. And that's assuming the SEC doesn't do something drastic and take what turns out to be illegal money from an illegal deal.

But I'm not a financial expert. Perhaps someone with more practical knowledge can help? Let me know what your take is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    2000? Where a recount showed it should've gone to Gore, but the judge declared it for George W. Bush anyway?

2000 when the SC ruled to stop counting votes in Florida and Gore lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay! Gotcha.
    Like I said, Tehdang was talking about Hillary Clinton's comments on Trump's presidency being "illegitimate" in a not-so-cunning attempt to pull some sort of "gotcha" by comparing those statements to Trump saying that the FBI was probably actually raiding Mar-a-Lago for Hillary's emails,. Tehdang apparently thinks that Hillary using a figure of speech is equivocal to Trump straight up lying about why a government law enforcement agency raided his home to cart away secret intel he stole, and if the former doesn't bother you then you're a hypocrite by being bugged by the latter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are still talking about Hillary? It's been years since she was relevant.

Like the Trumplodytes like to remind us; she lost, get over it. Leave the buttery males alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Guess who just said this on Sean Hannity?

Also, guess who doesn't know that a declassification process even exists?
    I mean, Republicans treat the (Republican) president like they're a king. They want them to have king-like powers. Conservatives especially those like @tehdang seem to think the President's power is absolute, when there's numerous checks and balances against unilateral presidential action. In fact, one of the bigger problems of the issue of the presidency is that it clearly has more power than it did at founding. The deification of past presidents, and the worship of current presidents and granting them more power has overall been detrimental for the nation imo.

Trump is not a politician, and that is precisely why he sucked as a president. He didn't know any of the laws, restrictions, and other legalities when it comes to being president. And he never wanted to learn, because it meant he couldn't be king.

Message to Republicans: The president is not above the law. And as much as you think no laws were broken, you just simply believe Trump is immune to all consequences and above the law. This is not a debate about whether or not Trump broke the law. He broke the law. It's whether or not people think he should not answer for his crimes.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

Like the Trumplodytes like to remind us; she lost, get over it. Leave the buttery males alone.
    Trump is still talking about Hillary. She's their go-to boogeyman.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is still talking about Hillary. She's their go-to boogeyman.
    It must eat at Trump every day that he didn't win the popular vote the first time, either. You hear it when he says he won with more votes than any incumbent ever (because that's how population growth works) but refuses to say that someone else's number was higher.

But enough about Trump. Let's talk about Trump.

Trump declares war on DeSantis.

Sources familiar with the pair's interactions told The Washington Post the two haven't spoken in months, despite Trump once saying DeSantis would make a good Vice President if he changed up his ticket in 2024.

Privately, Trump now lambasts the man he once referred to as his "great friend," calling the Florida governor "ungrateful" for his earlier endorsement, The Washington Post reported.

"I made him," The Washington Post reported Trump told his aides while monitoring DeSantis' public appearances and polling numbers.
    Seems to be a theme this evening. Trump refusing to believe anyone else can get more votes than him. This is privately/behind closed doors, so I don't think it's an act. He must really be that insane.

Though neither has officially announced a 2024 presidential run, the two politicians are widely regarded as expected frontrunners in the upcoming race, which Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell predicted would feature a "crowded" primary.

"I don't understand what happened here," The Washington Post reported Trump said of DeSantis' diminishing support. "I don't understand why he doesn't appreciate me more."

Trump has made similar comments before, criticizing DeSantis for his "dull personality."
    "I mean, bigly, he's never even cheated on his wife once."

In response, DeSantis has taken steps to distinguish himself from the former president on the campaign trail, though he hasn't explicitly criticized Trump. His recent decision to fly asylum seekers to Martha's Vineyard sent the former president into a rage, according to a report from Rolling Stone, spurring political analysts to argue that DeSantis was taking the spotlight off of Trump and furthering their rivalry.

The strategy appears to be working: DeSantis has out-fundraised the former president this year to the tune of $43 million, according to data collected by OpenSecrets. Polling also suggests the governor has an advantage over the former president in a hypothetical primary match-up in 2024.
    I said earlier DeSantis wouldn't run if Trump did. I...might need to qualify that. I think DeSantis will recognize a Trump "run to avoid being arrested" candidacy announcement and will treat it with the lack of respect it deserves. Other than that, I'm sticking with my choice, but I'm not as sure as I was two DOJ investigations and a NYState lawsuit ago.

Speaking of Republicans who can fuck Trump over, Cheney says Trump will only be allowed to interact with the Jan 6th panel under oath.

She also went on to say she would not vote for anyone claiming Trump won in 2020, and would leave the party itself if Trump was nominated. Which would guarantee her a win, of course, as she'd retain the classic Republican vote for her overall policies and service while Democrats would vote for her out of Trump spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Which would guarantee her a win, of course, as she'd retain the classic Republican vote for her overall policies and service while Democrats would vote for her out of Trump spite.
    What? I'm not sure what you're talking about. For her house position? She lost her primary, badly. Unless WY gets ranked choice, that doesn't seem like a likely scenario. She running for some other office in 2024? She'd have to move states. Again, I don't know what you're talking about, so I'm just confused by what you're saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    2000? Where a recount showed it should've gone to Gore, but the judge declared it for George W. Bush anyway?
    Recount was stopped before it was finished. There was nothing akin to it showing it should've gone to gore. @fwc577's post #86022 is what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Recount was stopped before it was finished. There was nothing akin to it showing it should've gone to gore. @fwc577's post #86022 is what happened.
    Which is why Democrats quickly moved the fuck on with their lives. But it's the closest to a potentially illegitimate election the USA's had in over a century. Yes, it's a bad claim, but it's still better than the nonsense pushed by Republicans about the 2000 election, or 2008.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    For her house position? She lost her primary, badly.
    This would have to be 2024 since it's dependant on Trump running.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    even if your only opinion on illegitimate elections was normalizing those comments by comparison to Trump. Take care.
    It's shit like this that prove you not only don't have legitimate criticisms, but that you're basically just here to T. There was no illegitimate election, and you need to go read a book to help you understand why everything you say is a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

She's always relevant to the red hats.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

So, how many people do you think would show up at a Pro-Trump J6 "Truth Rally" in order to protest the jailing of insurrectionists in front of the Capitol? Thousands? Tens of thousands? How about more like a few dozen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...c7f679781a9263

Pro-Trump Jan. 6 'Truth Rally' Sees Only Dozens Attend

Only small crowds gathered in front of the Capitol on Saturday for a pro-Trump Jan. 6 rally which the far-right blog The Gateway Pundit had said would be be "the biggest J6 to date."

According to reports, only a few dozen Trump supporters showed up for the "Truth Rally."

The rally, whose declared goal was "to stand united against the political persecution of the January 6th political prisoners" and against "conservative political persecution in the heart of the American Capital," was meant to attract the crowds with a series of far-right commentators, professors and conspiracy theorists.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, founder of Cowboys for Trump Couy Griffin and two journalists at The Gateway Pundit were listed as speakers.

Lindell, who was scheduled to make his intervention via a Zoom call, is currently under federal investigation for an alleged breach of election equipment in Colorado.

With videos showing sparse crowds, reporters at the scene said there were nearly as many counter-protesters in attendance.

"Counterprotesters just arrived and there's probably half as many of them as there are 1/6 Truthers. Was supposed to start at 1 and nothing yet," wrote NBC News reporter Ben Collins on Twitter.

A video shared by the journalist shows how relatively empty the Capitol grounds were on Saturday, with two small groups of counter-protesters and rally-goers facing each other at opposite ends of a street. Counter-protesters were chanting and beating buckets as drums to cover the voice of speakers attending the rally.

The Daily Beast' Zachary Petrizzo, also at the scene, shared a picture of a rally speaker talking in front of an apparently broken electronic backdrop, commenting that the event was "off to a rough start." Petrizzo wrote about the rally as failing "spectacularly."

Most of the rally-goers were reportedly members of the 1776 Restoration Movement, who flew upside down American and "Let's Go Brandon" flags.

The rally was framed in support of those who have been arrested following the Capitol riots on Jan. 6, 2021, whom organizers referred to as "patriots" and "heroes." But Collins reported that the stance of the rally-goers and organizers regarding the Jan. 6 riots was overall confusing.

"Nobody at this January 6th Truth Rally has really settled on if the rioters are proud of it, if they didn't do it, or if they did it and it was a setup," Collins wrote on Twitter. "The theme is basically: There was no insurrection on January 6th, and we'd do it again."

Collins also reported that the "loudest applause line today at this 1/6 Truth Rally was for a woman giving the URL for a site where you can buy "Abolish the FBI" tee shirts."

The sparsely attended rally comes at the end of a difficult week for Trump, after New York attorney general Letitia James filed a lawsuit against the former president accusing him and his company to purposefully inflate the value of his properties, including his estates in Manhattan, Chicago and Washington, D.C.

The lawsuit could see Trump and his three eldest children barred from ever running a business in the state of New York again.

Trump has referred to the lawsuit as a "witch hunt."

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    2000 when the SC ruled to stop counting votes in Florida and Gore lost.
    Always worth remembering that a riot broke out over the recount.

Guess who was at that riot? A one Mr. Roger Stone, The Penguin Cosplayer.