Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Again, you don't get free speech with ANYONE or ANYTHING, but with the government. So if you are bitching about being banned from Twitter, or Youtube, or even MMO-Champion, you have nothing you can do but suck it up and either make a new account, as long as it isn't bypassing ToS like ban evading like on this website or anything else.
    So, in response to my response to a poster talking about how Biden's executive actions "does not bother anyone," you want to rail against bans from websites. Ok, dude. Maybe you meant to post in another thread, or respond to another poster, because this is entirely non sequitur.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    So, in response to my response to a poster talking about how Biden's executive actions "does not bother anyone," you want to rail against bans from websites. Ok, dude. Maybe you meant to post in another thread, or respond to another poster, because this is entirely non sequitur.
    No, you were whining about the first amendment, tell me, where is the government banning your fucking free speech? Again, you were the one whining about it, you better prove it, and don't do it as badly as you did about Trump claiming executive privilege when he doesn't have any.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Judge Cannon continues to show her colors as the most biased and corrupt judge in all of the US. At least, the most publicly biased and corrupt. What a piece of shit.

Trump: I want a special master!
    Cannon: Okay, here you go. Here's one you chose.
    Special Master: Trump, do these things.
    Trump: I don't wanna!
    Cannon: He doesn't have to.

This whole situation is so childish and stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    The most recent case had people arguing that Biden's power was absolute, as concerns assertions of executive privilege. Maybe update your rhetoric in light of the behavior of most progs in these parts.
    Biden is the current president, and thus has the powers of the executive branch, and nothing more. Trump is the former president and has jack shit for executive powers. That is what people have been saying.

Keep up.

The mere fact that you even believe Trump could declassify documents with his mind, or that he retains the powers reserved only for presidents after he has left office is all we need to see to know that you want him to have absolute power. You don't understand executive authority, you just want to hand it all to a guy who lost a fair election.

Throughout Trump's entire presidency and even into modern day, so many conservatives seem to believe Trump's power is absolute, when in reality they're wrong. They still want Trump to be a king, but they're wrong.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-09-30 at 03:47 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Throughout Trump's entire presidency and even into modern day, so many conservatives seem to believe Trump's power is absolute,
    Funnily enough they don't seem to think Bidens power is absolute. A king would have just thrown Trump into prison and tossed the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Biden is the current president, and thus has the powers of the executive branch, and nothing more. Trump is the former president and has jack shit for executive powers. That is what people have been saying.
    \
    Well, sorta. What I've been saying is that his comms with advisors during his presidency don't maintain executive privilege in the face of a legitimate gov't interest, which a criminal investigation is. If there wasn't a criminal investigation (or some other legitimate gov't interest) his comms with advisors while president would still be privileged (and still technically are, you can't file a FOIA request for them, just not from the gov't itself).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry that you dispute the meaning of "seizure," but I suggest you consult a dictionary before doubling down on your definition of implied legal ownership. I'm afraid it's you that don't know what it means, but maybe you've never had anything seized from you before.

If you define "banning books" as "removing from some grades in the K-12 educational curriculum," then I think members of both sides are in favor of banning books. Some are more after Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird than All Boys Aren’t Blue or Sex Is a Funny Word.
    That is THEE definition of banning yes. Show me a link of democrats banning books
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Well, sorta. What I've been saying is that his comms with advisors during his presidency don't maintain executive privilege in the face of a legitimate gov't interest, which a criminal investigation is. If there wasn't a criminal investigation (or some other legitimate gov't interest) his comms with advisors while president would still be privileged (and still technically are, you can't file a FOIA request for them, just not from the gov't itself).
    Of course. There's probable cause to believe Trump committed a crime. He DID commit a crime by holding state secrets on nuclear technology. So everything else he "kept" becomes fair game for investigation.

Maybe if he'd just complied with the initial requests to have the records returned, he wouldn't be having these problems. But Trump's life is designed by bad decisions. Daddy gave him millions of dollars and even bailed his ass out. Trump hasn't run successful business in his life without committing multiple crimes to turn a profit. I don't see why anyone thought he'd be any different now. Was probably planning to or already did sell state secrets, and the fucking GQP thinks that's perfectly fine because Trump is their king. Nay, their messiah.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen Miller suggest Biden should be put in a home for asking about a congresswoman who had died less than a year ago.

"Can you imagine if Andrew Jackson had heard that?" Miller added. "He'd be livid, if he wasn't too busy stopping the Civil War with Frederick Douglass."

https://wgntv.com/news/bullet-found-...ary-mayor/amp/

Because Republicans are still nice, reasonable people, a local drag show bingo for teens that was to be hosted at a library in Downers Grove has been canceled after the library received a threatening letter with the Confederate flag on it as well as a bullet.

This continues to basically be tantamount to domestic terrorism.

And it seems clear who did it given that the return address was the "MAGA", and the whole Confederate flag bit being pretty exclusive to a singular political party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And it seems clear who did it given that the return address was the "MAGA", and the whole Confederate flag bit being pretty exclusive to a singular political party.
    Aww, someone's mad that Trump isn't the prettiest at the drag show. They still have Giuliani.

If there is any doubt where trumps and CPAC's loyalty lies, cpac tweeted then hastily deleted a tweet saying putin had annexed Ukrainian-occupied territories and complained the money being sent there wasn't being used at the southern border.

The internet remembers though.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...NYRxEjBRl6j9QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    If there is any doubt where trumps and CPAC's loyalty lies, cpac tweeted then hastily deleted a tweet saying putin had annexed Ukrainian-occupied territories and complained the money being sent there wasn't being used at the southern border.

The internet remembers though.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...NYRxEjBRl6j9QQ
    Well I mean, let's review:

-Russia is a well documented supporter of Trump and other right-wing groups
    -With Russian money basically frozen, these groups cannot get funding from Russia
    -Support for Ukraine is exceptionally popular among the American people
    -Biden and the democrats have fastidiously supported Ukraine since the beginning and continue to do so

The war in Ukraine is bad news for right-wing groups; Not only does it mean their income is stymied, it gives Biden and the democrats a powerful token of good will with the American people. Since gas prices have settled back down, inflation has proved to be a non-starter, and Trump being legally dragged through the mud is a now-daily occurrence, the GOP is falling back to the tried and true "oh no, the mexicans."

Here's hoping this all royally bites them in the ass.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. Glad I have some CNN points to spend.

Trump launches direct attack on McConnell a month out from midterm elections

Trump on Friday night directly ridiculed Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, saying on his social media platform that the Kentucky Republican had a “death wish” for supporting “Democrat sponsored bills.”

Trump, in his Truth Social post, also mocked McConnell’s wife, Elaine Chao – who was born in Taiwan and served as Trump’s secretary of transportation – referring to her as McConnell’s “China loving wife, Coco Chow!”
    I literally do not know if this was some kind of Coco Chanel joke or not. There is a Coco Chow on affordableart.com but I don't think that's what Trump meant.

Trump’s broadside at McConnell and mockery of Chao came hours after Congress approved and President Joe Biden signed a stopgap funding bill to avert a federal government shutdown. The bill cleared the Senate on a 72-25 vote Thursday and the House on a 230-201 vote Friday.

In addition to money to keep government agencies afloat, the short-term funding measure provides around $12 billion for Ukraine, and it includes funding for disaster relief. The measure funds the government through December 16.

“Is McConnell approving all of these Trillions of Dollars worth of Democrat sponsored Bills, without even the slightest bit of negotiation, because he hates Donald J. Trump, and he knows I am strongly opposed to them, or is he doing it because he believes in the Fake and Highly Destructive Green New Deal, and is willing to take the Country down with him?” Trump wrote. “In any event, either reason is unacceptable. He has a DEATH WISH. Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!”

It was not clear what bills Trump was criticizing on Friday, or what he meant as he accused McConnell of believing in the Green New Deal, a package of progressive proposals that McConnell blocked from coming to the Senate floor for a vote when he was majority leader.
    I think it is clear. Mitch McConnell gives big boost to electoral bill in response to January 6 attack was a headline from the 27th. Trump is mad that McConnell likes the rule of law and order and doesn't like murderous insurrections.

"What does that bill do?"

It says "Pence was right, he can't object to the election and tell Fake Electors to make something up."

In a clear response to Trump’s efforts to get then-Vice President Mike Pence to reject the electoral results of states that President Joe Biden won, both bills establish the vice president’s role as purely ceremonial. The Senate bill would deny the vice president the power to “solely determine, accept, reject, or otherwise adjudicate or resolve disputes over the proper list of electors, the validity of electors, or the votes of electors.”
    It shouldn't be necessary, but then, we shouldn't have a sociopath trying to become a dictator through mob rule, so here we are.

Trump has attacked McConnell before, but this is different. He's now saying McConnell is siding with Democrats because he hates Trump. Because, to Trump, it's always about Trump.

By the way, I can't wait to see Trump rally against McConnell at McConnell's re-election, trying to turn the crowd against him. In 2026. Trump can say whatever he wants for another four years, McConnell isn't going anywhere.

I'm sorry that you dispute the meaning of "seizure," but I suggest you consult a dictionary before doubling down on your definition of implied legal ownership. I'm afraid it's you that don't know what it means, but maybe you've never had anything seized from you before.

If you define "banning books" as "removing from some grades in the K-12 educational curriculum," then I think members of both sides are in favor of banning books. Some are more after Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird than All Boys Aren’t Blue or Sex Is a Funny Word.
    And again you fail to understand the basics here, well you do but you are just a forum troll peddling disinformation. trump never had ownership of those documents even while he was president. They were always property of the government. He also cannot just declassify shit by thinking about it. He never went through the proper process to declassify anything that was recovered, and much of what was recovered, is not subject to declassification.

I have had property seized, but it was property I owned. trump never owned those documents, so they were recovered.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2022-10-01 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well. Glad I have some CNN points to spend.

Trump launches direct attack on McConnell a month out from midterm elections

I literally do not know if this was some kind of Coco Chanel joke or not. There is a Coco Chow on affordableart.com but I don't think that's what Trump meant.

I think it is clear. Mitch McConnell gives big boost to electoral bill in response to January 6 attack was a headline from the 27th. Trump is mad that McConnell likes the rule of law and order and doesn't like murderous insurrections.

"What does that bill do?"

It says "Pence was right, he can't object to the election and tell Fake Electors to make something up."

It shouldn't be necessary, but then, we shouldn't have a sociopath trying to become a dictator through mob rule, so here we are.

Trump has attacked McConnell before, but this is different. He's now saying McConnell is siding with Democrats because he hates Trump. Because, to Trump, it's always about Trump.

By the way, I can't wait to see Trump rally against McConnell at McConnell's re-election, trying to turn the crowd against him. In 2026. Trump can say whatever he wants for another four years, McConnell isn't going anywhere.
    Trump trying to do the Cruz maneuver where he thinks if he makes fun of McConnell's wife, he'll run the phone banks. Someone should tell him that unlike Cruz, McConnell only does stuff for McConnell to advance McConnell's agenda.

I didn't know pulling them from libraries and school systems entirely was "curriculum", but I do know that even you don't believe that every book Republicans are banning are part of curriculum, but I know that only one of us know you're lying.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad to have a solitary example of you bucking the trend. It matters. I'm saddened that your opinion isn't as broadly shared among those in your ideological movement.
    You've said pretty much this exact thing before, and saying the stupid thing twice doesn't make it smart. An "opinion" doesn't save your lies from being anything more than that.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    DOJ files rapid appeal of appointment of "special master".

"Why?"

Well, the rapid part is pretty obvious. And it's really fast.

The DOJ’s proposed timeline would have it submit an opening brief by Oct. 14, Trump respond by Nov. 4 and the department submit a rebuttal by Nov. 11.

The 11th Circuit Court had originally set the initial deadline for the government’s brief as Oct. 19, followed by Trump’s no later than Nov. 18. The DOJ would then need to respond by Dec. 9.

But the department notes that any extensions given to either party could require the case to go into 2023.
    The DOJ went on to say "look, the 11th filed a ruling in six days, so this is clearly something we can do quickly, and national security is on the line, so tick tock".

And the change in plans? Well, the 11th Will Smith'd Cannon's ruling so hard that she had to change it -- and the DOJ is now arguing that the "special master" basically no longer matters anymore. With the issue of those 100 documents settled, and of course with Team Trump refusing to do literally anything Dearie asks on the shreds of Cannon's ruling that survived the storm, Dearie's role is largely symbolic at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

All 16 Florida GOP Reps and both Senators voted against the stopgap spending bill.

Which includes Hurricane Ian relief.

Immediately following this, Rubio and Scott (who voted against it) then asked the Senate to provide more help to Florida anyhow.

"Surely they were voting against the spending bill and the hurricane relief was being held hostage."

That's what they'll try to say, yes. Of course, one could counter-argue that quickly attaching a rider about spending money to a bill about spending money makes a lot of sense. And you could also make the argument the bill had enough votes to pass anyway, so they could have said "I'm doing this for my voters" and gotten away with it. In any event, I do hope the next month of Rep elections brings up their voting record on every single TV in Florida that still works after the storm tore the state a new dickhole.

- - - Updated - - -

That new Haberman book shows just how much damage Trump inflicted on the WH by--

"Wait, Trump's WH stuffed pictures of Hunter Biden into the WH air conditioning manual?"

That's not the point--

"Dude, that's just juvenile and petty. Like, super petty. Isn't the WH supposed to hire professionals?"

Well, yeah, but I'm not here about some random staffer who apparently thought Trump's four-year-old temper tantrump personality was something to emulate. I'm talking about Mark Meadows.

Haberman reported both “rank-and-file” staffers and members of the senior staff from the Trump administration, including then-chief of staff Mark Meadows, were not cooperative with their incoming successors, per Politico.

Referring to Trump’s false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him, Meadows reportedly told incoming chief of staff Ron Klain that he knew the former president was “saying these things,” but it would all be worked out.

After Klain asked Meadows for Biden to begin receiving daily intelligence briefings, Meadows asked how many days per week Biden wanted it. Klain was reportedly “dumbstruck” by the question and told Meadows that Biden wanted it every day.

Meadows responded that “no president ever does that” and that it’s “never happened.”

“It seemed so beyond Meadows’ own experience that he could not comprehend it,” Haberman said in the book, according to Politico.
    Mark Meadows, the WH Chief of Staff...did not think the "daily" in "daily intelligene briefing" had any meaning. Because he'd seen Trump refuse to take briefings, and just assumed everyone else did too. Because Trump did.

That's yet more of the damage Trump did. He was so intentionally incompetent, so intentionally nonstandard, so intentionally wrong, that he had to get a staff who thought that was the way things were done. Remember, this conversation happened after Trump fairly and legally lost the election. His term was up. There was no longer any "well he'll learn the job" going on.

The President's Daily Brief has its own dot-gov website explaining what it is. It took me 30 seconds to find it, and only because several news sources also use that name, so I had to scroll halfway down the first page. Nobody, especially Meadows, should have thought it was strange that something called "daily" happens every day.

There is no defending Trump. It seems every action of his was purely to cause chaos. Any disagreement to that statement can wait in line until the remaining murderous insurrectionists are sentenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Wait, Trump's WH stuffed pictures of Hunter Biden into the WH air conditioning manual?"

That's not the point--

"Dude, that's just juvenile and petty. Like, super petty. Isn't the WH supposed to hire professionals?"
    That is kind of funny. As in funny that they thought they were really "sticking it to Biden" with that. Reminds me of when the outgoing Clinton staffers took the Ws off of a bunch of White House keyboards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Reminds me of when the outgoing Clinton staffers took the Ws off of a bunch of White House keyboards.
    Yeah, that was unprofessional too. Funny yes, but unprofessional.