Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Some light hearted fun. Teach your children well...

A teenager has mowed an anti-Trump message, complete with a giant penis, into the grass of his family home ahead of the US president’s UK state visit.
    Ollie Nancarrow spent his weekend mowing the words “Oi Trump” into his lawn, near Hatfield Heath, in Essex.

The 18-year-old also used the mower to etch a giant polar bear, penis and the words “climate change is real” into the grass, according to the Bishop’s Stortford Independent.

Nancarrow does more than create fantastic lawn art and headlines. He is also a business owner.

The A-level student hopes that the US president will spot his creation as Air Force One approaches Stansted Airport, which is near Hatfield Heath, on Monday morning.

“Donald Trump and his denial of climate change are not welcome and I want him to be fully aware of that when he flies in to Stansted on Monday,” he said.

Let the children’s laughter remind us how we used to be…

Con un pene gigante, Londres dio la bienvenida a Donald Trump
    That's not teaching your children well, that's teaching your children that going brainless activist on issues they have little idea about is fine. This will backfire in the future, guaranteed.

PS: I am pretty sure Trump does not say that climate change is not happening. The question is the one of consequences / scale / human contribution and ability / costs.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-06-04 at 06:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    PS: I am pretty sure Trump does not say that climate change is not happening.
    I am preeeeetty sure he said it was a Chinese hoax.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I am preeeeetty sure he said it was a Chinese hoax.
    Really? That would be funny. Not saying you are wrong, I can kind of imagine Trump saying something like that (LOL), but do you remember when this happened so I can check what it was?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? That would be funny. Not saying you are wrong, I can kind of imagine Trump saying something like that (LOL), but do you remember when this happened so I can check what it was?
    www.google.com
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not teaching your children well, that's teaching your children that going brainless activist on issues they have little idea about is fine. This will backfire in the future, guaranteed.

PS: I am pretty sure Trump does not say that climate change is not happening. The question is the one of consequences / scale / human contribution and ability / costs.
    Trump famously called Climate Change a "Chinese HOax". So you're wrong, for like the eleventieth time.

You might be wrong less often if you did not defend Trump so much. Trump pretty consistently shreds the reputation and dignity of all his supporters and enablers.

Well that's only if you had any dignity to start, feels doubtful.

You mean something like this?

https://www.motherjones.com/environm...mate-timeline/

When Trump says hoax, he means scientific activism, scientists inflating things to get fame / recognition / leadership on "the issue". There was a ton in global warming, see Climategate for example. Global warming is still happening, but tons of things were faked and exaggerated.

The jab on China is Trump saying that those who demand immediate drastic action act like they are Chinese, because immediate drastic actions harm economy, and the US / West would be the only ones doing them.

Is there anything else? Because the above I knew already, and Trump is actually right here, at large. He intersperses his tweets with nonsense, sure, but the large message is absolutely correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Trump famously called Climate Change a "Chinese HOax". So you're wrong, for like the eleventieth time.
    That's not saying that climate change is not happening, not sure how that makes me wrong, yet alone for the eleventieth time. See above.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Except that's not what Trump said. His tweet was that 'The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.'. That's the Tweet verbatim.

He is implying that decades of scientific research was cooked up by the Chinese to hurt America somehow.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Except that's not what Trump said. His tweet was that 'The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.'. That's the Tweet verbatim.

He is implying that decades of scientific research was cooked up by the Chinese to hurt America somehow.
    No, he is not implying that. He said like ten things about the tweet regarding the Chinese after, referring to it as a joke, etc, and he said twenty other things showing that yes, he agrees climate change is happening, the question is the one of consequences / scale / etc, like I said. You just take a single message you want out of a pile. Read the piece I linked, for example, it is strictly anti-Trump, yet even that piece allows you to form a much more correct picture of Trump's position on climate change than what you suggest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean his posture makes me think he is wear a corset. Cinch that waist!
    Very true, the white vest should be like an inch max below the jacket.

JFK shows how it's done.

If Trump is lying to his personal doctors, odds he's lying to his tailor: very high.

Frankly this reflects poorly on the US as a whole, to be represented on the the world stage in such a buffoonish manner.

No, he is not implying that. He said like ten things about the tweet regarding the Chinese after, referring to it as a joke, etc, and he said twenty other things showing that yes, he agrees climate change is happening, the question is the one of consequences / scale / etc, like I said. You just take a single message you want out of a pile. Read the piece I linked, for example, it is strictly anti-Trump, yet even that piece allows you to form a much more correct picture of Trump's position on climate change than what you suggest.
    "What he meant was...." to the max. If Trump needs to clarify himself after everything he says then what the hell is the point of listening to him at all. He says a stupid thing and he's going to be called out on it. If you need to run intereference to get make sure your Trump bear looks somewhat smart then you may want to reevaluate some things.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    "What he meant was...." to the max. If Trump needs to clarify himself after everything he says then what the hell is the point of listening to him at all. He says a stupid thing and he's going to be called out on it. If you need to run intereference to get make sure your Trump bear looks somewhat smart then you may want to reevaluate some things.
    "Clarity" is not compatible with high speed/disclosure afforded by social media - especially in small sound bites like twitter that follow "latest hot topics" (rather then measured press-conferences with work of speech-writers and selections from several expert opinions).

Maybe modern politics are just too complex for you to follow?

You got to piece Trump's image together from many things (mostly those that repeat) because what you see constantly in media are quite minor fragments of his current thinking.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2019-06-04 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Ignore the Russian "No what he meant was..." nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "Clarity" is not compatible with high speed/disclosure afforded by social media - especially in small sound bites like twitter that follow "latest hot topics" (rather then measured press-conferences with work of speech-writers and selections from several expert opinions).

Maybe modern politics are just too complex for you to follow?

You got to piece Trump's image together from many things (mostly those that repeat) because what you see constantly in media are quite minor fragments of his current thinking.
    The fact you put Trump and thinking together is dumb enough but then that Trump is complex is astoundingly asinine.

Trump himself says he knows the best words and yet he needs half a dozen moth pieces and foulks like you to decipher what he really means. If he needs that much help then grandpa needs to step down.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Ignore the Russian "No what he meant was..." nonsense.
    Read the piece I linked, please. If after reading that piece you still think I misrepresent what Trump's position on climate change is, go ahead and make that argument. But please familiarize yourself with the issue first, because right now you are just going on "he is Russian so he must be wrong".

Read the piece I linked, please. If after reading that piece you still think I misrepresent what Trump's position on climate change is, go ahead and make that argument. But please familiarize yourself with the issue first, because right now you are just going on "he is Russian so he must be wrong".
    No I'm going by the "you're a bad faith poster so why bother", you did that to yourself, same issue with your buddy Shalcker.

But I do find the irony of Russians telling us what Trump means quite comical.

And your link only proves that Trump is an idiot, thanks for that I guess.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-06-04 at 09:38 AM.

"Trump is an idiot" lacks predictive power.

No I'm going by the "you're a bad faith poster so why bother", you did that to yourself, same issue with your buddy Shalcker.

But I do find the irony of Russians telling us what Trump means quite comical.

Now ask yourself who exactly in this thread is posting in bad faith.

You are just refusing to discuss issues. What was your contribution? Right, "these guys are Russians, don't listen to them" and "I won't listen to you, you are bad". I mean, cool, but it would have been better if you posted on topic.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-06-04 at 10:04 AM.

Now ask yourself who exactly in this thread is posting in bad faith.

You are just refusing to discuss issues. What was your contribution? Right, "these guys are Russians, don't listen to them" and "I won't listen to you, you are bad". I mean, cool, but it would have been better if you posted on topic.
    It's you. It always has and will always be you. So fuck off back to Russia and take Shalcker with you.

So team Russia wants us to think that the guy who believes the human heart is pre-installed with a finite number of heartbeats that exercise 'uses up', has a nuanced and reasonable (albeit wrong) opinion of climate change instead of just believing what he tweets (JYNA MADE IT UP)?

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    So team Russia wants us to think that the guy who believes the human heart is pre-installed with a finite number of heartbeats that exercise 'uses up', has a nuanced and reasonable (albeit wrong) opinion of climate change instead of just believing what he tweets (JYNA MADE IT UP)?
    He tweeted plenty of other things about same topic that highlighted different reasons.

Why should they be dismissed in favour of just "China hoax"?