Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    If you need it explained to you then there's no point. It's common sense at this point why shutting down the government for over a month, keeping paychecks from government employees, while your president tells them to get grocery stores to work out a deal with them, get another job, or sell shit, because of a vanity project, as you stated.

If you think that is smart in any way then there's no convincing you. Perhaps take more than two seconds as why what I listed, and more I didn't, as why they are stupid rather than shilling once again.
    Again, it feels like you're going with "common knowledge" because you have no explanation as to why it is idiotic.

But really, as you said every part of your list is idiotic, tell me, what was idiotic about tax cut specifically? Was it that explanation of what it would provide differed from actual result?

Was Obama idiotic for promising certain things about ACA that never came into being?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Folks should just follow my signature and throw them into a black hole. In a few weeks they'll go away and never bother us again. And that includes Shalcker, who I've recently decided doesn't need to exist anymore and effectively erased from this forum.

It's HILARIOUS though that Trump's most vocal defenders/apologists in this thread are, by far, Russians.

Of course in the end Trump is "just" the president, and far from exacerbating American divisions, his idiocy has only served to consolidate and harden Americans position on Russia.

The extended post-Trump era is going to be really bad for them, at the worst possible time taboo: Vladimir Putin will be getting quite up there in years and has no real succession plan (just like almost every Russian leader ever).

I'll side with a Democratic policy that makes their Russia policy some sort of experiment in how many things we can take away from Russia.

Why? Because we can. Because we feel like it.
    Any chance there's an add-on that will auto report their spam?

I mean they tried to flame bait and derail the discussion by spamming "nuh uh!".
    Reporting this by hand has zero effect. A semiauto method might work.

The discussion about trumps tux as a micosm for the decline of us policy was going places.

JUST IN: Trump campaign still owes El Paso $470,000 for rally: report https://t.co/WtNOx57hs7 https://t.co/UefTnhlk31
    I believe somebody may have posted this a few pages ago, but what a disgrace this guy is. This would be embarrassing if it was some run of the mill politician running from Congress to President. Yet the POTUS is just laughable, but hey we know this is his modis operandi.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I kind of like trump more and more, never actually watched him long enough for him to say a sentence but that goes for most politicians. But he is a wall against crazy people getting to much power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Folks should just follow my signature and throw them into a black hole. In a few weeks they'll go away and never bother us again. And that includes Shalcker, who I've recently decided doesn't need to exist anymore and effectively erased from this forum.

It's HILARIOUS though that Trump's most vocal defenders/apologists in this thread are, by far, Russians.

Of course in the end Trump is "just" the president, and far from exacerbating American divisions, his idiocy has only served to consolidate and harden Americans position on Russia.

The extended post-Trump era is going to be really bad for them, at the worst possible time taboo: Vladimir Putin will be getting quite up there in years and has no real succession plan (just like almost every Russian leader ever).

I'll side with a Democratic policy that makes their Russia policy some sort of experiment in how many things we can take away from Russia.

Why? Because we can. Because we feel like it.
    Humour me, Skroe - what steps do you think we need to take in the post-Trump era, and what do you think is likely to happen to Russia over the next decade or so?

I'm genuinely interested since, yeah, you have the right of it in that Russia hasn't exactly had a succession crisis on this level since Stalin kicked the bucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

I mean they tried to flame bait and derail the discussion by spamming "nuh uh!".
    No matter how you report, there has to be someone to act on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    His "anti-immigration" policies have so far only made things worse.
    I happen to read immigration lawyer blog (from Arizona), and, well, progress is quite visible over time... loopholes get closed, queues get turned around to reject the most people possible in the fastest way possible (with "last in first out" policies), databases get more correlated against each other to catch lies and omissions...

I understand you mostly see Mexican border stories in your media, but that isn't the only place where changes are happening.

His desire for a wall has not come through and if it had, it's an ineffective way to handle immigration anyways. He's even said that we "need an actual border not more judges" in response to the lack of immigration judges, which we badly need to meet the number of asylum seekers.
    His administration is finding other creative ways to reject the most seekers possible.

His tariffs are a self inflicted wound, harming Americans more than the Chinese.
    They are also quite effective at adjusting corporate strategies (as will Chinese response to them).

Also, i think you're understating harm to Chinese...

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

The discussion about trumps tux as a micosm for the decline of us policy was going places.
    That'd probably just be forum spamming and get you banned. In the end it's quite clear the powers that be don't give a shit. Hell I got an infraction a about 6 weeks ago for dare going down the list of all the incredible things one of our local Russians here has said since 2014. Apparently reminding the whole class of the record of what people said previously in a discussion is ALSO somehow against forum rules. Not complaining or anything, but you'd think that referencing prior conversations with respect to a conversation is within the bounds of you know... conversing.

Frankly, I almost am coming to believe this entire forum is some kind of bizarre social experiment, with the local Russian bad faith posters as some kind of stimulus to see our results as test subjects. It is the most rational explanation behind the insanity of how folks who drone on for weeks with Russian propaganda about how, in fact, it was the British who used chemical weapons in Syria, don't see their accounts deleted and IPs banned like most decent places that had a Russian problem.

I fully expect OT to be nuked before the 2020 election. I suspect the reason it isn't is because this forum's foot traffic dwarfs almost the entirety of the rest of the forum's combined. They'll deny it of course, but seriously, just look at the posting rate and thread sizes. People go here. They ain't exactly discussing how to play Druids anymore. WoW is in a real bad way at the moment thanks to Blizzard's comically inept handling of BFA (and folks lament Activision for cracking the whip on their under-performing subject? Should have happened years ago). 8.2 won't rescue it. We all know that. We'll get some hollow Silicon Valley promise to do better next time, and the subscriber base will dwindle for the rest of 2019 until late 2020 when the next expac arrives, which means more foot traffic to WoW-centric areas of the forums, which means OT can be gone and forum revenues not dip.

Fact is, this place is trouble, and it has about one blue mod and one forum mod doing anything here at all. It's marked for death. The question is just when the executioner's ax comes down. I'm picking 2020, when the focus comes to the new expac, and wanting to steer clear of the enormous shitshow that is going to be the election.

So until that day, the best move is to just consign these Russians and the other bad faith posters to oblivion en-masse and hope they go away. So share the link in my comment when people bring it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    So it's NOT just me that thinks his suit doesn't fit at all? I thought maybe I just didn't know anything about fashion--which I don't. But good fucking grief he looks like an absolute slob.

And once again Melania looks like she's been beaten into submission. No sympathy for her, though. She knows Trump's a monster but elects to stay with him for the cash.
    I saw this today and laughed:

The American President will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamberder today:

“You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I happen to read immigration lawyer blog (from Arizona), ...
    By the way, care to share a link?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Trump's tweets on global warming are in full view. He agrees that global warming is happening, etc. That you for some reason still believe that he thinks otherwise is on you and you alone. You are free to believe whatever and construct whatever theories you want. And no, he is not wrong.
    Right, that's why he says it's such a hoax every time it gets cold somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, care to share a link?
    Just google lawyer blogs... they are not that difficult to find. There is a lawyer that reviewed ‘bird law’ on YouTube, from an always sunny episode. Blogs are very common in the internet...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Right, that's why he says it's such a hoax every time it gets cold somewhere.

What he really means is that a servant needs to turn the heat up in his office.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Trump's tweets on global warming are in full view. He agrees that global warming is happening, etc. That you for some reason still believe that he thinks otherwise is on you and you alone. You are free to believe whatever and construct whatever theories you want. And no, he is not wrong.
    Yes, he's wrong. He's wrong about virtually everything he's said, ever. He's especially wrong about everything relating to global warming. If you agree with him, you're wrong too.

Was it created by the Chinese? https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...95292191248385

I mean it's cold outside, so where's the global warming? https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...29342646423553

The "climate crisis" is fake news, apparently? https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...45788585467904

It's cold during the winter, so maybe we should beg for some global warming? https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...74254010404864

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ng-Tweets.html

Here are a whole lot more tweets on the matter.

Which specific tweets are you thinking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Was it created by the Chinese? https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...95292191248385

I mean it's cold outside, so where's the global warming? https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...29342646423553

The "climate crisis" is fake news, apparently? https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...45788585467904

It's cold during the winter, so maybe we should beg for some global warming? https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...74254010404864

Also, apparently asbestos being carcinogenic was invented by the mob. I'm in a building full of geologists that say otherwise, but what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Also, apparently asbestos being carcinogenic was invented by the mob. I'm in a building full of geologists that say otherwise, but what do we know?
    Wow... your work must rock...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Boo!

/10char

They would never say that, they are too down to Earth.....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    That pun truly has sedimental value.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Who cares for tweets, I can even give you a video:

For those who cannot watch, a short synopsis:

Speaking to Axios, Trump agreed that humans affect the climate but argued that impact isn’t “nearly” as large as “some” say. “Is there climate change? Yeah. Will it go back like this—I mean, will it change back? Probably. That’s what I think,” the president explained as he made an up-and-down motion with his hand. “I believe it goes this way.”

I linked one of the pieces taking a look at all Trump statements on global warming up the thread. It is completely anti-Trump, but reading even that creates a much more accurate picture than "he thinks this is a Chinese hoax", which is just laughable.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-06-04 at 07:05 PM.