Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    What's worse is that everyone knows what he is doing but there is no efficient way to keep it from happening. He just gets to waste taxpayer time and money on a campaign rally. And we know he pockets half the money he makes from his campaign...so he is literally looting the country.
    Eh, I'd be surprised if there's not a lawsuit over this if the DNC ends up not getting tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    It's amazing how we feed the ego of a country that is suppose to represent democracy.

https://twitter.com/eilperin/status/...132448769?s=19

Yes, our tax payer money going to a political rally. It's a rally sine the GOP is offering VIP tickets.

Funds from our National Parks diverted for his narcissism and ego. All to feed a wannabe dictator's idea of a parade with military equipment.
    My question is for anybody not the president there including the military personal is this event not one gigantic hatch act violation? Since it basically is turning into a partisan campaign event any govt person working at it in theory is violating the hatch act.

Another great point if this turns into a full blown political rally (we are almost there) is this is using out US Military as a political prop.

Yeah so once again when get preached by Trumpkins about our precious military, but you are hypocrites to watch military vehicles and troops go through a parade where in the end President Hillary Clinton rails against the deplorable Republicans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    My question is for anybody not the president there including the military personal is this event not one gigantic hatch act violation? Since it basically is turning into a partisan campaign event any govt person working at it in theory is violating the hatch act.
    In these times it is all a shitshow.

Yes, if a President used money from Defense Department that was a political rally would be shunned upon.

I will pick a random department. US Department of Veteran Affairs. Imagine a US President holding a rally at a VA Center and on top of that siphon $2.5 million l.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Yet another month where jobs growth will miss targets -
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/03/adpm...35000-est.html

• Private payrolls rose 102,000 in June, missing Wall Street expectations of 135,000, according to a report Wednesday from ADP and Moody’s Analytics.
    • The number sets the stage for another possible disappointment from Friday’s nonfarm payrolls report, which is expected to show growth of 165,000 after May’s lackluster 75,000.
    • Small businesses lost 23,000 for the month as construction and mining suffered drops.

It's amazing how we feed the ego of a country that is suppose to represent democracy.

https://twitter.com/eilperin/status/...132448769?s=19

Yes, our tax payer money going to a political rally. It's a rally sine the GOP is offering VIP tickets.

Funds from our National Parks diverted for his narcissism and ego. All to feed a wannabe dictator's idea of a parade with military equipment.
    You guys need a military coup. And in this case a coup simply means the military would refuse to follow orders from this child. Holy fuck you have stupid laws when something like this can happen.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2019-07-03 at 04:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like more winning coming by way of the NRA

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...mpaign-1395970

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You guys need a military coup. And in this case a coup simply means the military would refuse to follow orders from this child. Holy fuck you have stupid laws when something like this can happen.
    When the laws where written no one really anticipated someone as unprincipled as trump ever holding that high of office. like there is no law saying the president cant literally shit on the original declaration of independence, because no one has really considered it might happen.

Congratulations to Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher, his wonderful wife Andrea, and his entire family. You have been through much together. Glad I could help!
    From Trump's twitter.

Wait! So how did he help? I mean is it his ego and narcissism again that he had influence by some divine intervention or is he saying he actually used influence on the legal process.

No matter what this is a inappropriate tweet.

Oh btw this is the person who Trump was considering to pardon if found guilty.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...alifornia.html

Trump doesn't understand the country he is president of. Surprising? No. The King of Ignorance reigns on.
    I think we've all known Trump isn't a fan of liberal democracy and wants to be a dictator.

But also, if he wants to get the federal government involved in solving the homelessness problem then that's a good that can come of this. Because that problem is too large and too complex for a city government to actually solve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But also, if he wants to get the federal government involved in solving the homelessness problem then that's a good that can come of this.
    Yea... I'm sure it won't be just about rounding them up and putting them in overcrowded underfunded camps.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But also, if he wants to get the federal government involved in solving the homelessness problem then that's a good that can come of this. Because that problem is too large and too complex for a city government to actually solve.
    I wouldn't trust the Trump regime to solve a case of missing mustard from a hotgod stand, let alone this.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about --

"No, no, no. Every time you lead with that, something dies."

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just here to talk about coal jobs. Coal, something Trump campaigned and ran on, something he promised was coming back, has its own BLS category of jobs, so we can keep a running tally.

Now, we know the US is shutting down coal plants. And demand worldwide is slowing. But let's look at some numbers:

"Huh, that's not dying, that's holding steady."

More or less. It's actually gone up by 2,000 jobs since Jan 20th, 2017 -- but almost entirely since March 2018. A rise of 2,000 jobs to 52,900 is 3.7%, so, depending on your point of origin, between 1.5% and 3% annual growth. Since the 2018 job growth rate was 1.9%, this isn't the spectacular results Trump promised. Again.

"Well, if a member of the rabid fanbase were to pick the highest, 3%, they would say coal was growing half again as everything else. Then they'd yell MAGA!"

They'll want to hurry.

"Why?"

Let's talk about coal jobs. They're fucked.

Revelation Energy and Blackjewel just declared bankruptcy. Until that declaration, they were the 6th largest coal company in the country. They own the 4th and 6th largest coal mines in the country. Problem is, they owe $600 million they don't have, including $6 million to their own employees.

Ouch.

The entire industry either has gone through, or is currently going through, a period of financial distress and reorganization
    -- the owner

The entwined companies employ 1,000 people, any or all of whom might be let go. A loss of 1,000 jobs cuts the coal job numbers in half, which means even by the most rosy picture, coal jobs will be growing slower than the national average of all jobs. And that loss could be higher, as some articles suggest Revelation employs 1,100 and Blackjewel 700. So, if that's correct, that's 2000 - 1800 = 200 jobs since Jan 20th 2017, or an annual coal growth rate of 0.15%.

"Well, thank goodness it's just the one coal company."

Actually --

"Oh fuck no."

Yeah, while I was relaxing on a beach, eating Chickie & Pete's, we lost Cambrian Coal. That's another 500 to 1,000 jobs. Coal growth could end up negative.

By the way, guess the one state where all three companies employed people? Hint: it rhymes with "McConnell can gofucky himself."

Are we tired of winning yet?

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...mpression=true

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on Wednesday rejected the Trump administration's request to temporarily halt a lower court order blocking the diversion of military funds for a border wall.

In a 2-1 ruling, the panel of appellate judges found that "the use of those funds violates the constitutional requirement that the Executive Branch not spend money absent an appropriation from Congress."

The decision marks another legal blow for President Trump, who declared a national emergency earlier this year to tap Defense Department funds to construct a wall on the southern border.
    Trump still isn't getting his stupid fucking wall.

The Gallagher case is just sad. When you cannot convict your war criminals and they get presidental support, you really loose the right to say anything about war crimes to others...

Another great point if this turns into a full blown political rally (we are almost there) is this is using out US Military as a political prop.
    It always was used as political prop though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Never in a way like this, at least not in recent history. I'm struggling to think of the last time we had tanks hanging around in our capital as an implicit threat of force against the populace. We're not Russia, China, North Korea, or any other authoritarian regime that likes to intimidate their citizens with the implicit threat of military force.

Edit: Maybe using the military as a prop is a Republican thing, then? Or have any Democrats done this as well?

7+ Year Old Account
    You really shouldn’t link an incident that was met with just as much derision.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You really shouldn’t link an incident that was met with just as much derision.
    It worked though, Bush did end up being re-elected.

And Trump obviously uses whatever works with no ethical scruples.

It worked though, Bush did end up being re-elected.
    Yes, I'm sure the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" debacle that was resoundingly panned was what got him re-elected. Surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Never in a way like this, at least not in recent history. I'm struggling to think of the last time we had tanks hanging around in our capital as an implicit threat of force against the populace. We're not Russia, China, North Korea, or any other authoritarian regime that likes to intimidate their citizens with the implicit threat of military force.
    Police getting militarized was/is also a thing though.

Edit: Maybe using the military as a prop is a Republican thing, then? Or have any Democrats done this as well?
    Obviously Democrats also did speeches to troops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, I'm sure the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" debacle that was resoundingly panned was what got him re-elected. Surely.
    Well, why do you think he got re-elected primarily?