10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Definitely not improved and in fact at various times because Trump was trying to take health care he actively tried to make my situation worse, before I got off of ACA and on to my job's insurance, then of course my taxes didn't go down, and him using tariffs have cost me more for products.
    Can I build a little on this because Trump's position has effected every single person just many don't care to realize it....

The members of his cabinet are all business people who haven loosened so many restrictions on corporations, allowing them to pollute both the air and the water in the name of profits.

His tax cut has allowed companies to buy back their own stocks in which to artificially inflate their stock prices, while laying off people in the thousands.

His tariffs have increased prices on goods the American consumer buys.

Now how does Trump effect me and my community personally?

His nomination of Ronald Batory as head of the Federal Railroad Administration is beyond terrifying. This is a man who went on record against Congress telling them that trains can never be too long (we frequently run trains in excess of 2 1/2 miles long) and that requiring 2 people working said train is not necessary.

I ship anhydrous ammonia, ethanol, dynamite, and petroleum on a regular basis through a city of millions. Imagine the chaos that ensues because this man believes I alone should run a 15,000 foot train by myself....and it derails in the middle of downtown Chicago.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I'm sure I could find this elsewhere, especially something not recorded from the t.v., and please ignore the last half of the video (I don't know what that person is thinking putting random dancing deer in there).

Now with all of that said, Trump believes there were airports during the Revolutionary War.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Now with all of that said, Trump believes there were airports during the Revolutionary War.
    Why does this idiot fail at everything?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why does this idiot fail at everything?
    Probably the idiot part.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Bitch, please. Y'all have been voting out of fear of terrorism for nearly two decades despite being more likely to win the lottery than to get blown up by some extremist.

One doesn't have to be a personal, direct victim of injustice to a) perceive it, or b) be opposed to it. That's called being an empathetic human being.

- - - Updated - - -

Racism being a function of malice is one of the biggest myths of our time. "I can't be racist because I'm a good person" should be filed away with "I can't be racist because I have X friends" or "I can't be racist because I'm one sixty-fourth Cherokee".

Limpdick excuses for white privilege. I, as an upper middle class white, am tired of said excuses and am going to call it out.

Check your privilege.
    So literally nothing has changed in your life once Trump took office, got it!

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Nothing like ignoring the examples others gave.

I'm sure I could find this elsewhere, especially something not recorded from the t.v., and please ignore the last half of the video (I don't know what that person is thinking putting random dancing deer in there).

Again why we have this thread. Airports? This guy is such a moron.

The glass enclosure is so great. Not for security but we all know it was to keep him dry so he wouldn't like a wet cat. It was all for his vanity and the 3 strands of hair he has wrapped around his head.

Plus the report it was only a few tanks and fighting vehicles. So the army gave basically the brat kid in the toy store who was having a tantrum about a GI Joe toys and said 'fine you can only get one'.

Edit: I almost forgot the classic of him telling Americans to join the military. Sure we may likely get more Presidents who have never served and asking for service can be seen as hypocritical.

The problem with Trump is he had multiple deferments for Vietnam and his pathetic attempt to wrap himself in patriotism by loving the military. He is a fraud.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-07-05 at 10:57 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Again why we have this thread. Airports? This guy is such a moron.

The glass enclosure is so great. Not for security but we all know it was to keep him dry so he wouldn't like a wet cat. It was all for his vanity and the 3 strands of hair he has wrapped around his head.
    I didn't know it was an enclosure. That's some pathetic bullshit. We've had presidents literally shot and do speeches and this little bitch can't get wet.

I didn't know it was an enclosure. That's some pathetic bullshit. We've had presidents literally shot and do speeches and this little bitch can't get wet.
    Let's all remember this "patriotic" president not visiting the graves of the fallen because it was raining instead stayed inside to watch fox new and he did this multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Let's all remember this "patriotic" president not visiting the graves of the fallen because it was raining instead stayed inside to watch fox new and he did this multiple times.
    I'm amazed someone hasn't made a parody of the Fullmetal Alchemist "it's a terrible day for rain" gif with Trump where he just stays inside instead of being at a grave.

10+ Year Old Account

Meanwhile at The Onion: "shit, that was our headline for today."
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Meanwhile at The Onion: "shit, that was our headline for today."
    Trump made the jobs of South Park, The Onion, and SNL all that much harder. It's hard to make a parody of a parody when that first parody is a piece of shit. It would be like trying to make a parody movie about all of those shitty parody movies in the late 2000's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Nothing should have changed if you're an middle class white American. Can't say the same about everybody else though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coal suffers another blow under Trump's watch.

Before I even begin, no I am not cheering this development, no this is not Trump's fault.

Chris Cline, billionaire coal CEO, died in a helicopter crash flying from the Bahamas back to the US. His birthday would have been tomorrow.

Cline owned Foresight Energy, and recently claimed it had $3 billion in Illinois coal. As recently as 2013 he offered to clean up US coal plants, allowing them to run with lower pollution, on his own dime, in exchange for which they'd buy his coal. See, different states have different rules about coal plants and yeah it gets complicated after that. Basically, Cline couldn't sell his own product in his own state.

Anyhow, point is, a dying industry that Trump can't save even by gutting regulations and leaving the Paris Accord just suffered another blow today. All things considered, Cline didn't seem like that bad of a guy. But any coal company, in these times, that suddenly has to change horses in the middle of a stream Trump let you dump coal sludge into, is facing yet another obstacle they didn't need to.

Annnnnd Trump is still trying to get the citizenship question to the census...

They have until 2PM today to go back to the Federal judge and explain their reasoning. Failing that Trump has stated they're contemplating an executive order.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ion-for-census

I haven't read enough on the legality of that yet to know if that'll go through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Annnnnd Trump is still trying to get the citizenship question to the census...

They have until 2PM today to go back to the Federal judge and explain their reasoning. Failing that Trump has stated they're contemplating an executive order.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ion-for-census

I haven't read enough on the legality of that yet to know if that'll go through.
    That's not a thing anymore.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Can I build a little on this because Trump's position has effected every single person just many don't care to realize it....

The members of his cabinet are all business people who haven loosened so many restrictions on corporations, allowing them to pollute both the air and the water in the name of profits.

His tax cut has allowed companies to buy back their own stocks in which to artificially inflate their stock prices, while laying off people in the thousands.

His tariffs have increased prices on goods the American consumer buys.

Now how does Trump effect me and my community personally?

His nomination of Ronald Batory as head of the Federal Railroad Administration is beyond terrifying. This is a man who went on record against Congress telling them that trains can never be too long (we frequently run trains in excess of 2 1/2 miles long) and that requiring 2 people working said train is not necessary.

I ship anhydrous ammonia, ethanol, dynamite, and petroleum on a regular basis through a city of millions. Imagine the chaos that ensues because this man believes I alone should run a 15,000 foot train by myself....and it derails in the middle of downtown Chicago.
    I was wondering who the shit head was that made these trains longer. I had a feeling it had to do with Trump.

To add to this about how this has affected me, I live in a city with a train hub. The Rice Yard is a "hump" station with tains coming in on an hourly basis. Now that they are longer if I am caught at a crossing there's a chance I'll have to wait even longer or go to the one set of over passes we have. Now imagine I have an emergency, with these trains that are so long they have to have an engine in the middle of the line just to stop and pull I'm more likely to suffer more having to go around than had there been two separate trains going down the track.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I was wondering who the shit head was that made these trains longer. I had a feeling it had to do with Trump.

To add to this about how this has affected me, I live in a city with a train hub. The Rice Yard is a "hump" station with tains coming in on an hourly basis. Now that they are longer if I am caught at a crossing there's a chance I'll have to wait even longer or go to the one set of over passes we have. Now imagine I have an emergency, with these trains that are so long they have to have an engine in the middle of the line just to stop and pull I'm more likely to suffer more having to go around than had there been two separate trains going down the track.
    Do you want to know the worst part about that engine in the middle? It's called a DPU and it stands for Distributive Power Unit -- it's meant to assist in pulling these long trains. Anytime you see more than 2 in the middle of the train at least one of them is FRA defective and shouldn't be in the consist. It should be on the head end and run in setout mode. With Batory in charge he's pretty much told the carriers to just run the trains anyway. This means that everything behind that DPU is straining. This leads to more derailments in turnouts and cross overs or in areas with high grades. Would you expect any less from the guy who was a CSX Manager for years?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The DoJ is going to say that they want to keep our options open... Which means that all the shit is going to be relitigated over the summer.

I fucking called it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...9#post51346799

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump made the jobs of South Park, The Onion, and SNL all that much harder. It's hard to make a parody of a parody when that first parody is a piece of shit. It would be like trying to make a parody movie about all of those shitty parody movies in the late 2000's.
    Funny enough, after Trump got elected Mat and Tray (South Park's Writers) said they wouldn't be doing any Trump jokes because it would be too easy / they couldn't do anything that wouldn't be more depressingly funny than reality. Also, as a personal opinion, I think they wouldn't have been able to help themselves and would've run the skits into the dirt.