Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Fox News may not claim it, but they're only on like a half hour a day (the rest of the say is "news commentary" with no legal obligation to tell the truth). Fox "news" will tell whatever lie they think their viewers want to hear.
    I feel like that should be grounds for false advertising lawsuits. To advertise being news it should require at least half their airtime be news and not opinion. Probably more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There's something seriously wrong with the "very stable genius".
    Wait, did he...I don't...doesn't he have a proofreader?

Trump will never go away, even after the election. Especially if he loses. The media is going to be give him all the attention he will want as long as he is yelling at clouds. And it will be a constant bitch fest (not like it isn't now). Gone are the days when an ex-President just quietly does his own thing in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Trump will never go away, even after the election. Especially if he loses. The media is going to be give him all the attention he will want as long as he is yelling at clouds. And it will be a constant bitch fest (not like it isn't now). Gone are the days when an ex-President just quietly does his own thing in the background.
    I mean, he'll still be in the news, but it'll be just him fighting a slew of criminal lawsuits. Assuming he doesn't get pardoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. The ideal situation would be impeached, charged with multiple state/federal crimes, then strokes out landing in a vegetative state. Best thing for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I mean, he'll still be in the news, but it'll be just him fighting a slew of criminal lawsuits. Assuming he doesn't get pardoned.
    Unfortunately I don't think it will be that ideal or simple. Trump loves the spotlight. Every day the news will have to be about how great a President he was and how the current admin sucks.

Prison would be the only way that doesn't happen. But I'm not convinced things will reach that point despite all the evidence and law breaking.

Unfortunately I don't think it will be that ideal or simple. Trump loves the spotlight. Every day the news will have to be about how great a President he was and how the current admin sucks.

Prison would be the only way that doesn't happen. But I'm not convinced things will reach that point despite all the evidence and law breaking.
    Barring a pardon, he'll spend the rest of his life in jail or a court room. While impeachment might be a political job, criminal bribery charges, felony campaign election violations (which were part of a criminal conspiracy that included bank fraud), perjury, and obstruction of justice aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/...15046623117312

He's Rom Burgundy only with nuke codes. What a fucking embarrassment. Again, you orange king MMO-Champ conservatives. This, this is the man you all say is outsmarting everyone else.

No don't you get it? He is speaking directly to the heart and soul of the GOP. They don't want abortions because killing fetuses is totes wrong but they also don't want new babies being born because young people don't vote Republican. So what do they want? Women who are pregnant for the rest of their lives. It keeps women out of world because they are stuck being nine months pregnant with all the pains and complications that come with being pregnant. So obviously Trump is still the most stable of genius and master of the 4 squared dimensional chess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    No don't you get it? He is speaking directly to the heart and soul of the GOP. They don't want abortions because killing fetuses is totes wrong but they also don't want new babies being born because young people don't vote Republican. So what do they want? Women who are pregnant for the rest of their lives. It keeps women out of world because they are stuck being nine months pregnant with all the pains and complications that come with being pregnant. So obviously Trump is still the most stable of genius and master of the 4 squared dimensional chess.
    That, or Trump is an alien.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I....What the...I just...H-how....The fu---WHAT?!

Did I just have an aneurysm? The fuck was that? What did that even mean? He wants to change babies being born normally? What the hell? What the fuck? What the fuck?

And you know what is even more stupid, somehow, there's a person fucking nodding to what Trump is saying in the background. Are they deaf? Do they not understand English? We already know there's at least one person that agrees with Trump on this.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2019-12-08 at 01:24 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    So, yeah, as we've mentioned once or twice Giuliani went to Ukraine in the capacity of his official role as "he doesn't have an official role".

Now, he's ready to deliver his report to Barr and Congress.

"Oh, so he's going to testify under oath?"

Fuck, no. That's the point of the report. By having no official role or rules, and also by handing over a piece of paper as far as he can from anything that looks like a chair or Bible, Trump gets to point at something, declare it evidence, and start an investigation into a political opponent under the guise of "because a civilian I happen to employ says there's a problem".

Giuliani tweets -- also not under oath so fuck you -- that he has "compelling" evidence Biden committed crimes while VP, and also, that aid was not withheld. Which, of course, is a flat-out falsehood. What Giuliani might have meant was aid was eventually released, but it was withheld, that was the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

So how are those NK talks going, Trump?

We’ll see about North Korea. I’d be surprised if North Korea acted hostilely. He knows I have an election coming up. I don’t think he wants to interfere with that, but we’ll have to see ... I think he’d like to see something happen. The relationship is very good, but you know, there is certain hostility, there’s no question about it
    Okay, rank that with "some mothers are allowed to give birth at nine months" then.

Fine fine. NK, you wanna get in on this?

We do not need to have lengthy talks with the U.S. now and denuclearization is already gone out of the negotiating table
    Oh...well, that's the complete opposite, then. Nobel Prize, you say?

So the Middle East peace plan collapsed so badly, not only did the writer flee the administration, Kushner was re-assigned to literally building a fence. North Korea's actually gotten worse since Trump walked out nearly a year ago. No NAFTA 1.0.0.2 no trade deal with China and we have Canada, the UK and France sharing a merry laugh directly and specifically about Trump.

And now, just to drive the point home:

I built a truly great company worth many billions of dollars. That is a big part of the reason I was elected. As President, I can make far better deals with foreign countries than Congress.
    When you Google that quote, you'll find its source: a tear-stained list of sanctions against Russia, in which Trump does specifically mention North Korea.

Laughingstock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I....What the...I just...H-how....The fu---WHAT?!

Did I just have an aneurysm? The fuck was that? What did that even mean? He wants to change babies being born normally? What the hell? What the fuck? What the fuck?

And you know what is even more stupid, somehow, there's a person fucking nodding to what Trump is saying in the background. Are they deaf? Do they not understand English? We already know there's at least one person that agrees with Trump on this.
    I tried to listen to that, but my bullshit meter went off the scales... damn that man is unhinged or getting senile.. wait till he names his horse Glitterhoof his chancellor.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So, yeah, as we've mentioned once or twice Giuliani went to Ukraine in the capacity of his official role as "he doesn't have an official role".

Now, he's ready to deliver his report to Barr and Congress.

"Oh, so he's going to testify under oath?"

Fuck, no. That's the point of the report. By having no official role or rules, and also by handing over a piece of paper as far as he can from anything that looks like a chair or Bible, Trump gets to point at something, declare it evidence, and start an investigation into a political opponent under the guise of "because a civilian I happen to employ says there's a problem".

Giuliani tweets -- also not under oath so fuck you -- that he has "compelling" evidence Biden committed crimes while VP, and also, that aid was not withheld. Which, of course, is a flat-out falsehood. What Giuliani might have meant was aid was eventually released, but it was withheld, that was the problem.
    A question about this point; Are there legal repercussions to something like this, because of how hilariously transparent it is? Or, rather, wouldn't the presented ''Evidence" need to be put down on record anyway at some point if they even get that far with it?

And, yes, I ask full well knowing that this whole round of shenanigans isn't about finding anything then it's just about putting a bad light on Biden - who's honestly doing a good enough job on his own, but that's for the other thread - but I feel like there should be mechanisms in place to prevent the President, or anyone in power, from just opening up sham investigations into political opponents for the sole purpose of smearing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    A question about this point; Are there legal repercussions to something like this, because of how hilariously transparent it is? Or, rather, wouldn't the presented ''Evidence" need to be put down on record anyway at some point if they even get that far with it?

And, yes, I ask full well knowing that this whole round of shenanigans isn't about finding anything then it's just about putting a bad light on Biden - who's honestly doing a good enough job on his own, but that's for the other thread - but I feel like there should be mechanisms in place to prevent the President, or anyone in power, from just opening up sham investigations into political opponents for the sole purpose of smearing them.
    That process is called impeachment, but it requires that half the political scene not be up the accused’s ass on the matter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That process is called impeachment, but it requires that half the political scene not be up the accused’s ass on the matter.
    I wish I could say I was trying to be clever and presenting this as a trick question, but for the life of me I had a real brain fart right here. lol

The SNL Cold Open is perfectly cast and savage as fuck. It parodies the NATO meeting as a High School lunch cafeteria with the "cool kids" and the "losers".

Jimmy Fallon as Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
    Paul Rudd as French President Emmanuel Macron
    James Corden as British Prime Minister and ex-Trump friend Boris Johnson.
    Alec Baldwin as Trump with a tray full of Hamburders
    Kate McKinnon as Angela Merkel

It's truly perfect.

Also sorry Latvia, it's just a little joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another shift in GOP defense has been noted.

We've seen reports that the upcoming report from IG Horowitz will contain basically nothing of value to the GOP, and that the FBI did not act with malice when they caught someone in Trump's campaign intentionally working with Russia to sabotage the election. Based on their recent comments, the GOP have come to terms with this, and area already dismissing the report which has not yet been released.

"Horowitz is only the DoJ IG, and he's not a prosecutor, so there's only so much he can do in that role," appears to be the talking point. "For real results, we want to hear from Trump's personal attorney, someone literally paid to be biased, holding no government role with accountability, and who's proven to be a blatant liar multiple times, which is why he won't go under oath. Also, he's being investigated while his friends used for this report are going to jail."

So Ted Cruz went on Meet The Press and spouted Russian propaganda that Ukraine meddled in 2016 elections.

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/sta...987997699?s=20
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So Ted Cruz went on Meet The Press and spouted Russian propaganda that Ukraine meddled in 2016 elections.

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/sta...987997699?s=20
    LOL .. yes! they wrote an Op-Ed! How DARE they!?!?!