10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    . Energy Secretary Rick Perry is planning his exist.
    I guess "make coal come back" was beyond his power.

Time for another off-key chorus of the I Don't Exist song.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I guess "make coal come back" was beyond his power.
    Time for another off-key chorus of the I Don't Exist song.
    Time for another coal man to try and make it come back, I'm sure this time they'll get it right.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ergy-secretary

And another one is going to bite the dust. Energy Secretary Rick Perry is planning his exist.
    He must have finally figured out what the DoE spends most of its time doing.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pretty sure the Mueller report could just be linked in here and that'd enough shitshow for days.
    I will ask that we please don't (not that you were asking), but to continue the megathread for such. There's plenty else that goes here, such as the numbers coming in from the tax cut for the rich. Turns out, the American worker got $0.01 in bonuses, as most didn't get a bonus at all.

"But it's too soon to -- "

Nope. Trump already claimed as early as April 2018 that we were seeing the effects. (He said that just before blocking Russian sanctions and going golfing). He also said they'd be helping the economy. That was, of course, before the Q4 2018/Q1 2019 drop in GDP numbers (even the most Rasmussen-like estimate has the GDP growth under 3%, breaking Trump's promise), and the fact that the share of compensation from bonuses has dropped to the lowest level since Trump took office. Once Trump says we're seeing the effects, it's disingenuous to defend him against bad news by saying we aren't.

Also, March 2018 was the third warmest March on record.

"Which were #1 and #2?"

2016 and 2017. Order doesn't matter, honestly. Hard to get concerned about those details when Midwest farm warehouses are soaked with early thaw flood waters, destroying their stockpiled crops they couldn't sell because trade war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I'm not suggesting it actually get put in here
    Oh, I understood. No worries. It's why we have these different names and classifications for things.

Which is why the EPA finally broke down and said "Fine, if it means that much to you, we'll ban asbestos. Christ. Why do you keep coming to us with all these demands about protecting the environment?"

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw KellyAnne Conway on Meet the Press -- saw, not heard, the takeout place had the sound off and no subtitles.

Now normally I don't like to make derogatory comments about people's appearances. But, most people don't work for Trump. Anyone who intentionally works for Trump, after his comments about women and their appearances, by proxy are allowing such comments to be made about them. Sorry. I don't make the rules.

KellyAnne Conway looks like a cancer survivor. Holy shit, the last couple of years have taken their toll. Even NBC's makeup couldn't fix how thin she looked or the bags under her eyes, and I'm sure she's lost 50% of her hair. She never smiled once and she was in front of six cameras for fifteen minutes.

Either she took "opioid czar" the wrong way, or the stress of this job is killing her.

KellyAnne Conway looks like a cancer survivor. Holy shit, the last couple of years have taken their toll. Even NBC's makeup couldn't fix how thin she looked or the bags under her eyes, and I'm sure she's lost 50% of her hair. She never smiled once and she was in front of six cameras for fifteen minutes.
    This is her just a few years ago. A prime example of why Trump is like Meth ... Not Even Once!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    This is her just a few years ago.
    And this was from the show I was watching.

Apparently, this happened:

Fast-talking Presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway had no luck changing the topic from migrants to Muslims during a discussion about illegal immigration with “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd.

Conway’s bait-and-switch attempt followed Todd’s suggestion Sunday that President Trump’s divisive rhetoric has made discussing the Central American refugee situation difficult.

“I think the rough rhetoric this week you know, respectfully, came from the other side, you have this anti-Semitic congresswoman..." Conway breathlessly said in reference to Democratic congresswoman Ilhan Omar’s recent comments that on Sept. 11, 2001, “some people did something” resulting in the terror attacks that killed nearly 3,000 American civilians.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. No, no, no!” Todd interrupted. “I know what you are trying to do here.”
    Yep. When you don't have a defense, put up a windmill and claim it causes cancer.

It's like you can see that tiny little bit of conscience that she has left, is completely burning her face off.

Surely not what you expect from an innocent man who's been completely exonerated.

It's now been 43 minutes from that second tweet... the suspense is killing me! lol
    Wonder if someone finally took the toddler's phone away from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Surely not what you expect from an innocent man who's been completely exonerated.
    Yep. So what happened?

A) Trump was told the Mueller report was a complete exonoration, and he believed it enough to say it multiple times before it was released.

B) Trump was told the Mueller report was not a complete exonoration, but he decided to push that narrative anyhow, despite knowing there would be evidence to the contrary made public.

C) Trump read the Mueller report himself and decihihiHAHAHAHA I can't even complete this one

So which is it? There is no other option, the Mueller report clearly contains things details of Trump's words and actions that are not complete exonoration. Was he told the truth, or not? Neither trait is redeeming, I'm just curious.

Also, that's a 5AM tweet right there.

On a scale of 1-10, how fucked is Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    What is this in reference to? If its the Mueller report, then 1? So far it looks like its nothing but a slam dunk win for him where it actually matters - his electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    What is this in reference to? If its the Mueller report, then 1? So far it looks like its nothing but a slam dunk win for him where it actually matters - his electorate.
    You mean his base? Which isn't enough to get him re-elected?

10+ Year Old Account
    Four point two.

The Mueller report won't make a dent in that -- everyone already made up their mind, plus this is the wrong thread -- but the Q1 numbers won't be his best friend, and it's planting season (now/shortly) and farmers don't have their money they were promised. There's also no sign of NAFTA 1.0.0.2, no sign of Infrastructure Week 5: (Nazi/KKK theme name still under construction), the tax cut for the rich is having the opposite effects that were promised, no signs of election fraud, no signs of a Middle East plan (let alone one that will get the Palestinians on board), he's still coddling Saudi Arabia and North Korea, National Security Lol is scheduled to make maybe 30 miles of Wall by year's end if the courts don't stop it, he has an unPresidented number of I Don't Exist at the White House and it's possible (I don't think likely) that Kushner will be kicked out of the White House.

Trump's base is filled with people who refuse to admit Trump's inability to provide that which he promised, but that's 30% or so of his 42% at the polls. He can and will drop some this year, barring a miracle such as war with Iran, with 38%-40% seeming realistic when the Stone/Assange news returns to the headlines in November.

But bear in mind, just like in 2016, Trump's rabid fanbase is lying to the pollsters. Last time, they were afraid to admit they were going to vote for Trump. This time, they'll be afraid to admit they aren't. If current trends continue (i.e. no miracle happens), a fair proportion of people who claim to be Trump voters will actually stay at home, demoralized.

I think he's pretty fucked. This is really just the beginning of the bad news. And now we have so many more investigations going on that are going to continue to hinder him and make headlines, and the scandals won't end. He will continue to be inept at his job, that he cant get anything done which will not help him make pitches on policy with his re-election bid. I mean his presidency has already been a disaster, it's not gonna get any better.

If he doesn't win reelection he will be immediately indicted, and one can only guess how many of the 12 sealed criminal cases referred by Mueller involve Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    If he doesn't win reelection he will be immediately indicted
    It's actually funnier than that. Yes, the statute of limitations is a real thing and Trump is likely concerned about it. If he was delivering on his promises, this wouldn't be as big of a problem.

But.

Trump at least pretended to divest from his businesses. SDNY and NYState can charge whoever the hell they want, since Trump's resistance to criminal prosecution won't help any of his employees. Depending on what they find (illegal Russian laundered money), Trump's businesses could take a major hit, being forced to pay fines with money they don't have. Trump might actually go bankrupt a seventh time despite not being in charge. Which would be yet another new record.

It's actually funnier than that. Yes, the statute of limitations is a real thing and Trump is likely concerned about it. If he was delivering on his promises, this wouldn't be as big of a problem.

But.

Trump at least pretended to divest from his businesses. SDNY and NYState can charge whoever the hell they want, since Trump's resistance to criminal prosecution won't help any of his employees. Depending on what they find (illegal Russian laundered money), Trump's businesses could take a major hit, being forced to pay fines with money they don't have. Trump might actually go bankrupt a seventh time despite not being in charge. Which would be yet another new record.
    Oh man. Outstanding.

https://www.axios.com/gop-congressma...5874a5127.html

Anyone remember former White house aide Darren Beattie? Remember, the guy who attended a white supremacist conference in 2016 and was let go when the came to light? - https://www.axios.com/darren-beattie...20e6de757.html

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) announced on Friday that he hired a former White House aide, Darren Beattie, who was let go after his ties to white nationalists were revealed last year.
    Yeah, Matt Gaetz, who himself has ties to white supremacists including inviting one to the SOTU (bonus points, he's a holocaust denier) and hanging out with the white supremacist Proud Boys, picked this guy up, unsurprisingly.

It's harder and harder not to view the Republican party as the party of white supremacists given how often they cozy up to those assholes.