10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    and remember, not even a full month ago Trump was calling Mueller "honorable" and other praise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think he's pretty fucked. This is really just the beginning of the bad news. And now we have so many more investigations going on that are going to continue to hinder him and make headlines, and the scandals won't end. He will continue to be inept at his job, that he cant get anything done which will not help him make pitches on policy with his re-election bid. I mean his presidency has already been a disaster, it's not gonna get any better.
    and add in that people that did at least knew how to do the job, but were corrupt are all running for the door to avoid incoming ethics investigations, just leaving the people that both dont know how to do the job AND are corrupt

so expect that volume of failure to accelerate

What you found out about Trump was he tried his hardest to get information from Russian contacts and obstruct as much as he can but most of his subordinates chose not to carry his orders or were incompetent.

So yes, this reinforces that Trump either is a moron, has attention span of a gnat or has dementia. He seemed to be all over the place with his orders and when people just didn't go through with his orders it look like he forgot about.

I believe we had stories that confirm this with Kelly or Mattis, who did the same thing where Trump gave an order and they didn't act and Trump completely forgot.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The president of the United States of America.
    Here I thought it could not get any worse than Bill Clinton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Speaking of Clinton, let's talk about fundraising.

In a striking reversal from previous elections, small-dollar donors are providing most of the early money to Democrats seeking the presidency -- as candidates seek to capitalize on the energy of their party's activist base and build a grassroots foundation to sustain them for the long primary slog.

More than half -- nearly 55% -- of the individual contributions to Democrats during the January-to-March fundraising period came in amounts of $200 or less, a CNN tally of new campaign finance reports shows. By comparison, small-dollar contributions accounted for just 30% of the money Democrats raised in the early months of the 2016 presidential campaign, according to the nonpartisan Campaign Finance Institute.
    In deference to our dear banned Skroe, I'll reiterate his assessment of what made the Obama campaign so effective - building an effective base of digital fundraising. That the Democratic candidates have such a surge of grassroots support should be indicative.

It would seem as though something has motivated a large chunk of potential Democratic voters. Whoops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Remember the MIGRANT INVASION and how the government wants to send folks to sanctuary cities because they don't have space? And how they don't have space to house families which is why they were kidnapping kids (and have wanted to start kidnapping kids again)?

https://apnews.com/ad5ff0b5fd564b5c9182a56ed8af5e3e

President Donald Trump has warned that Central American families are staging an “invasion” at the U.S.-Mexico border. He has threatened to take migrants to Democratic strongholds to punish political opponents. And his administration regularly complains about having to “catch and release” migrants.

At the same time, his administration has stopped using one of three family detention centers to hold parents and children and left almost 2,000 beds unused at the other two. It says it does not have the resources to transport migrants to the centers.

Immigrant advocates accuse the administration of closing off family detention to further the perception of a crisis.

The Karnes County Residential Center in Texas used to hold up to 800 parents and children at a time, who would usually be detained before an initial screening to judge whether they qualified for asylum.

But ICE last month started to release families until they were all gone from Karnes. Advocates who work there say ICE is now restricting legal access to the roughly 400 adult women being detained there.

The population at the family detention center in nearby Dilley, Texas, was also reduced and remains at roughly a quarter of its 2,400-person capacity. A 96-person facility in Pennsylvania had only 18 immigrants this week.

Meanwhile, the numbers of parents and children crossing the U.S.-Mexico border have surged, leading immigration officials to declare the situation a crisis. More than 50,000 parents and children were apprehended by the Border Patrol in March, setting a monthly record.

The number of border crossings in one day sometimes exceeds ICE’s total family detention space.

More than 4,800 people crossed the border in a single day this week. Almost 1,000 were traveling in three large groups, the largest of which was 375 people, Kevin McAleenan, the acting secretary of homeland security, said Wednesday.

The Border Patrol has stopped referring many families to ICE and instead releases them directly to nonprofit groups or drops them off at bus stations.

In a statement, ICE said the surge left it “overwhelmed” and unable to transport families from the border to the Karnes and Dilley facilities, even if both detention centers had available beds. As of Wednesday, 427 women were in custody at Karnes.

“As such, ICE has determined that, at this time, Karnes will better meet operational needs by also serving partially as an adult detention facility,” the agency said.

Immigrant advocates say they do not believe that ICE cannot transport people to the facilities. They say the government has reduced family detention space for political reasons — to show that Democrats’ refusal to change laws to allow for longer family detention and more deportations has left officials with no choice but to catch and release.

“We believe that this is part of trying to justify a narrative,” said Peter Schey, executive director of the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law. “Trump’s policies have swung from one extreme to the other. There’s no consistency; there’s no strategic planning.”

The legal services group RAICES goes to Karnes daily to consult with detained immigrants about their asylum cases. The group says subtle policy changes at the facility have reduced legal access for detained women seeking asylum.

Since Monday, authorities at Karnes have prevented attorneys and volunteers from meeting with many large groups of migrants at once, which prevents them from quickly consulting with more people, according to Andrea Meza, RAICES’ director of family detention services.

Karnes staff also stopped sending RAICES the names of detainees who put their names on sign-up sheets outside the visitation room, Meza said.

Meza said she received conflicting explanations from ICE for the changes, including that there were complaints by staff from the private contractor GEO Group, which operates Karnes.

ICE confirmed it had reduced group meetings at Karnes because “more residents are represented by private attorneys.” The agency said it provided 12 hours of legal visitation at Karnes every day, more than its detention standards require.

If the changes remain in place, fewer people will be able to consult with a lawyer before asylum interviews, Meza said, and it will be harder for the group to follow up with potential asylum seekers.

“We don’t know what’s happening to people after their interviews,” she said.
    There's more space, the administration is just choosing not to use it.

This administration hates brown people. No matter which of the three Mexican countries they're from.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The president of the United States of America.
    I guess mental imbalance is the way through this mess. I'm not sure how anyone is going to claim they were "duped" though. His insanity knows no bounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The whole episode with Bill Clinton was entirely the GOP's fault. Bad actor or not, the GOP took the Presidency down a notch.

turn the tables and bring justice
    These two things seem incompatible...

Holy shit, 9 hours later he finishes it!
    Totally exonerated guys ...

Wonder how many dozens of times Trump typed out the rest of that tweet thinking he was totally covering his ass, but then deleted at the last second and started all over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine how fucking stupid you must be to keep following and believing this wannabe daughter fucker?
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-04-20 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.axios.com/gop-congressma...5874a5127.html

Anyone remember former White house aide Darren Beattie? Remember, the guy who attended a white supremacist conference in 2016 and was let go when the came to light? - https://www.axios.com/darren-beattie...20e6de757.html

Yeah, Matt Gaetz, who himself has ties to white supremacists including inviting one to the SOTU (bonus points, he's a holocaust denier) and hanging out with the white supremacist Proud Boys, picked this guy up, unsurprisingly.

It's harder and harder not to view the Republican party as the party of white supremacists given how often they cozy up to those assholes.
    This is why Sarah Huckabee will find a job (likely six figure plus) and Steven Miller will find a job. We all wrote on how these people accepted jobs with Trump for power and better, more paying jobs in the future.

Zinke joins the board of Nevada-based U.S. Gold Corp.

"I am confident that my prior experience can add tremendous value to the company," Zinke said. "I am excited to work closely with management and the Board to help make mining great again in America." https://t.co/GL9fXLTzDK
    Speaking of @Edge.

So yes, Zinke was going to get a job because he was a hack for businesses to pillage our natural resources. But the amazing part was he was corrupted in our government and this company sees that as no big deal.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-04-19 at 11:55 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Wonder how many dozens of times Trump typed out the rest of that tweet thinking he was totally covering his ass, but then deleted at the last second and started all over.
    That or how many times they got his phone away and shove it in a locked door before tiny hands slipped through to grab it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    This is why Sarah Huckabee will find a job (likely six figure plus) and Steven Miller will find a job. We all wrote on how these people accepted jobs with Trump for power and better, more paying jobs in the future.

Speaking of @Edge.

So yes, Zinke was going to get a job because he was a hack for businesses to pillage our natural resources. But the amazing part was he was corrupted in our government and this company sees that as no big deal.
    The very fact that Zinke uses "make <topic> great again" shows just how deeply corrupted he is that he uses Trump's motto in every day speech.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Claims it's dead but keeps it alive by tweeting about it constantly...
    I like the “13 (18)” democrats who wrote it. I wish I knew numerology... I interpret it like a Kevin Nealon shtick on SNL News.

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump's dropping in the polls. Wonder what caused that?

Option 1: The complete failure of North Korea talks

In case you didn't catch it, Bolton asked North Korea for proof they were disarming and North Korea called this "dim-sighted". And they asked to speak to someone more mature.

"Oh, good thing there's Pompeo."

Heh, funny story, Pompeo also asked for signs they were disarming and North Korea said all he would do is screw things up and asked to talk to someone more mature.

Now of course, everyone knows that this means. NK wants to talk directly to Trump, a historic failure of a negotiator and someone with literally negative experience in the field. Both Pompeo and Bolton were asking for signs NK would agree to some of their promises before a third talk, and under normal circumstances, their names and words would carry weight.

Except now their experience and caution are being dismissed with derogatory nicknames on Twitter. Hmm. Wonder where that came from?

"Okay, a lot of stuff can happen over two years."

NK's test and disses of both Bolton and Pompeo took place last week.

Option 2: The complete and total failure of Trump's promises to farmers

So if you do a Google search for "Q1 GDP 2019" you'll probably see something you weren't expecting.

China.

If you were expecting to see China hit by Trump's trade war, you won't find it in the current numbers. China's growth seems unaffected, with the latest forecasts showing them on par with 2018 as a whole. Apparently, their government was able to pour money into the economy to keep it running.

And, more importantly in this context, they've been buying soybeans from other countries, like Brazil...and then, a disease killed off 20% of their pork, so now they need even fewer soybeans for animal feed. Simply put, there's no reason to expect Chinese demand to return to American farmers, and there's no sign the trade war is pressing hard enough to change that.

The US, as we've seen recently, can't do that. Even the $12 billion promised...how much of that was delivered, by the way? I can't find anything past December. Except the governor of Georgia wondering why Congress won't on the $2.5 billion lost by Georgian farmers.

"That's not about Trump's trade war. That's the damage caused by Hurricane Michael."

Oh. Hmm. Wait, doesn't the USDA pay for that? Or FEMA?

"Typically the USDA. Funny story, they brought in extra SNAP benefits for Michael victims. So much for pulling up on your own bootstraps!"

Yeah yeah, how much of the $2.5 billion did they pay for damaged crops though?"

"Oh, that? Zero."

Huh. And Michael was October. The floods in the Midwest were three weeks ago, Nebraska claims they lost $1.5 billion in stored crops. Iowa says the same. The loss of stored crops, the loss of planting season, and the heavy damage to roads, bridges, and train tracks in the area are expected to dramatically hamper farming for this year. And no, the USDA doesn't cover stockpiles lost to floods. Nobody does. Because this hasn't happened before: a record-setting level of unsold crops meeting a record-setting early thaw. And now, a lot of farmers have nothing.

Option 3: The complete failure to bring back coal

So let's talk about coal.

It's fucked.

This is, of course, hardly new information. On these forums alone we've discussed how, even with federal regulations and safety laws slashed, coal is still declining, dozens of times. And it just got worse.

We've seen Secretary of the Interior Zinke trying --

"He doesn't exist."

-- at the time Secretary of the Interior Zinke pushing for a big sale of government land to people who wanted to dig for oil and coal under it, revoking an Obama-era law on the subject. Despite Zinke no longer existing, the court case still is, or at least, until recently. A judge said that, while Zinke was apparently able to violate the Obama-era law because he felt like it (or it was executive ordered, same thing) another law required him to do environmental impact studies first.

He didn't.

And that law goes back to 1970. No blaming Obama there.

Worse, after this report that proved coal is no longer economically viable in the US (called the "coal cost crossover"), Rick Perry --

"He might not exist, either."

-- looks at a dire situation indeed:

More coal-fired power plants have shut stateside in Trump's first two years than were decommissioned in the entirety of Barack Obama's first term in office, according to a collation of U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) and Reuters data.

Readings point to 23,400 MW of U.S. coal-fired generation being taken out of the grid in 2017-18, versus 14,900 MW in 2009-12. In fact, the EIA notes that the number of coal plants has continued to decline every year since U.S. coal capacity peaked at just over 317,400 MW in 2011, and the agency does not forecast a reversal.
    "Wait, I read somewhere that coal exports were up."

Valid. But we're selling off our stockpiles. By definition, we can't do that forever. And, coal stockpiles dropped faster than exports went up -- meaning, this is an overall net loss. And on top of that, the EIA -- yes that's a dot-gov website, the EIA is part of Perry's Department, yes, Perry released this report -- says US coal will suffer a 9.2% decrease in production in 2019. Which means one of three things will happen:
    1) exports drop back down.
    2) we sell off even more of our remaining stockpile, or
    3) we keep less for ourselves, meaning US businesses are turning away from coal.
    Or I guess
    4) All three.

Perry's plan to have everyone buy 90 days of coal was dead on arrival and that was Jan 2018. There's been no progress since that I've seen (but please, tell me if you find it).

So there are some reason why Trump's numbers could be on their way down yet again. It seems too big of a coincidence that many of his major campaign promises are failing, and his numbers tank. But it could be coincidence. I mean, we all know correlation does not imply collusion. Causation! Ah damn, I meant to say causation!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This really shows how he just can't resist to add "millions" or "billions" whenever he mentions numbers. Almost surprised he didn't say "600 billions injured".
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    This really shows how he just can't resist to add "millions" or "billions" whenever he mentions numbers. Almost surprised he didn't say "600 billions injured".
    Where the hell did those numbers even come from in the first place? Did he just pull them out of his butt? Not only is 138 million more people than even live in Sri Lanka by almost factor of seven, but it's nearly twice the total number of casualties in World War II.

Oh, it was deleted, I should read the full article next time. Lol. 138 million!

[IMG]https://media-cdn.factba.se/realdonaldtrump-twitter/1119915768429387778.jpg[/IM]
    You have to wonder if his phone autocorrects millions or billions after every single number for how often he does it. That would be the hope, but we all know he has no idea what he's doing and throws around big numbers like a Yugioh episode to sound big and bad.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Can you imagine how fucking stupid you must be to keep following and believing this wannabe daughter fucker?
    Lol someone insults the god-king and gets infracted, yet we have people calling g for the literal deaths of political opponents and it’s just fine because they’re liberals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    25th Amendment. Seriously.
    This proves he needs an editor, not a shrink. It's not redeeming, but it's not insanity.

Does the Trump administration hate the middle class having money? Gas prices are already higher than they've been in a long time, so let's jack them up some more? https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/22/trum...s-to-zero.html