10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    So within the last 5 pages we've had Sulla both admit that 1) He'd vote for Bernie simply because he believes it would start another American civil war and 2) He apparently showed restraint in not starting a war with Iran while on a transport ship. Hmmm, why do I get the impression he's just some bloodthirsty low tier grunt...
    Internet cryptofascisms is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    So within the last 5 pages we've had Sulla both admit that 1) He'd vote for Bernie simply because he believes it would start another American civil war and 2) He apparently showed restraint in not starting a war with Iran while on a transport ship. Hmmm, why do I get the impression he's just some bloodthirsty low tier grunt...
    Meh, he just derails threads. His go-to commentary is hyper tribalism infused insults that would cut off his own nose if he hadn't already chipped it away through hundreds of previous comments. It's all just to get a reaction, and there's definitely no substance. I feel like there's a word for that type of poster...

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    You're mistaking my sarcasm for actual sentiment. Common mistake.
    Your actual sentiment seems to be as lacking as your sarcasm. No mistake to be made.

"You are not entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to your informed opinion. If you are not informed on the subject, then your opinion counts for nothing." - Harland Ellison

10+ Year Old Account
    So remember how Trump said, on Day One, he'd push for a Constitutional Am...look, I'll quote it.

FOURTH, a fi ve-year ban on White House and
    Congressional offi cials becoming lobbyists after they
    leave government service.
    You'll find that in the "Drain the Swamp" category, the first one.

"What's with the spaces?"

That's been bugging me for a while. I just did a standard cut and paste, only this time, didn't edit it. I mean, it's not exactly a nonstandard file type.

Anyhow: promise broken. Trump has made no such move, Day One or otherwise.

The law and lobbying firm K&L Gates has hired former Rep. Jeff Denham (R-Calif.) as a government affairs counselor at the public policy and law practice.
    "Okay but that's just one guy, it doesn't -- "

Denham joins the long list of former GOP members who are now at lobbying firms, including ex-Rep. John Culberson (R-Texas), who is at Clark Hill, ex-Reps. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), who are in Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s Washington office, and former Rep. Bill Shuster (R-Pa.), who is at Squire Patton Boggs.
    "Wow. Just Republicans then, huh?"

Yep. Trump's big campaign promise to Drain the Swamp is, like so many Trump promises, having the opposite effect of what he promised.

I'll be fair: if anyone can find any Democrat, who left the Senate or House since Jan 21, 2017 (so, while Trump was in office) and went to a lobbying firm, please post it here. Because otherwise, I get to say "Trump said Congresspeople lobbying was corruption and only Republicans are doing it" and you have to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So remember how Trump said, on Day One, he'd push for a Constitutional Am...look, I'll quote it.

You'll find that in the "Drain the Swamp" category, the first one.
    Pfft, Lobbyists? Trump's lucky if they don't end up with criminal records.

"Hey, that one guy I hired for a White House position didn't end up in jail... SUCCESS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Meh, he just derails threads. His go-to commentary is hyper tribalism infused insults that would cut off his own nose if he hadn't already chipped it away through hundreds of previous comments. It's all just to get a reaction, and there's definitely no substance. I feel like there's a word for that type of poster...
    Shame we can't call him on it since the mods feel that doing THAT is a worse offense than actively derailing threads.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Asbestos has been made legal for use as well.
    Funny story.

The NYTimes reports the EPA ignored warnings from scientists and researchers that said "look, this stuff should be banned, not restricted, it's a horrible idea to have it lying around."

"Pfft. Which librul (cough) commie (cough) academic elite said that?"

Oddly enough, the EPA's own scientists said that. And some lawyers.

"Yeah, lawyers (cough) suing the (cough) people who make the (cough cough hack) stuff, they're unbiased."

No, EPA lawyers.

Given the significant number of asbestos sites that EPA has to clean up due to improper disposal or abandonment, opening the door to new uses of asbestos is not an economically-wise or health-protective idea.

Rather than allow for (even with restrictions) any new uses for asbestos, EPA should seek to ban all new uses of asbestos because the extreme harm from this chemical substance outweighs any benefit — and because there are adequate alternatives to asbestos.
    That's from an internal EPA memo. From August. That's Trump's own EPA saying "asbestos is stupid, everyone knows this, what the fuck?" Incidentally, the preceding July, the EPA issued a memo saying, basically, "we're relaxing the rules, so re-ask if you can import the stuff, because the answer might be 'yes' today." August then saw a spike in asbestos imports, 272 tones up from 15.

Re-read that. It's not a typo. The increase from that one EPA memo was seventeen hundred percent. Overnight.

Then, this memo happened. The same memo also lists countries that have banned the stuff, including the UK, Japan, South Korea, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Brazil, and especially Finland.

"Why (cough wheeze) why especially Fin(cough)Finland?"

Because Finland is awesome. Duh.

Brazil should stick out, however. Until recently, Brazil was the world's third biggest producer of asbestos, and we bought 95% of our asbestos from them in 2017. Then, they made it illegal. That's right: one of the biggest producers of the stuff made it illegal in their own country.

"Where (cough hack cough) do we get (cough wheeze) the rest (cough) from?"

Guess. No really, guess.

"I (cough cough) ugh" *THUMP*

Hmm. Anyhow, the answer is "Russia". We got the rest from Russia. They do make the most, after all. China makes the second most...but...yeah. Things aren't going well on that front.

Anyhow, yeah: even Trump's own EPA couldn't sell asbestos to themselves. It's as stupid as trying to sell goddam steam to a nuclear-powered US aircraft carrier, or selling coal to the rest of the world that adheres to the Paris Accord.

You're mistaking my sarcasm for actual sentiment. Common mistake.
    The common denominator is.......?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Shame we can't call him on it since the mods feel that doing THAT is a worse offense than actively derailing threads.
    Yup, that's burned me a few times now.

The problem is just tossing people on your ignore list isn't much of a solution either because that doesn't magically make everyone stop feeding the, um, furry haired individual.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post

The problem is just tossing people on your ignore list isn't much of a solution either because that doesn't magically make everyone stop feeding the, um, furry haired individual.
    Trolls aren't furry. They are scabrous/scaley, and they regenerate so you need to use acid and fire. :P
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Trolls aren't furry. They are scabrous/scaley, and they regenerate so you need to use acid and fire. :P
    Oh, please, like flame wars ever killed a troll.

On topic: ICE is being sued yet again, this time, for preventing their detainees from trying to meet their lawyer. To be clear: the group of lawyers is claiming they are trying to see their clients to give them their Constitutionally-demanded defense, and ICE is trying to stop them.

Oh, and yeah, something something children dying in concentration camps.

On topic: ICE is being sued yet again, this time, for preventing their detainees from trying to meet their lawyer. To be clear: the group of lawyers is claiming they are trying to see their clients to give them their Constitutionally-demanded defense, and ICE is trying to stop them.

Oh, and yeah, something something children dying in concentration camps.
    Are we at Nazi Germany levels yet? Or do we have to do more jailing of naturalized citizens first?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you feel hasn't been discussed in good faith? Are you saying that if someone doesn't wholesale buy into TDS that it upsets you somehow?
    The fact that your stated goal is a civil war in US and you are willing to say anything to get that outcome. You want dead Americans, not America’s success. You cannot call others deranged in any context as a result.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're speaking figurative flames.... have you tried a literal flamethrower? I am betting that would work
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say my goal was a civil war or that I would say anything to achieve that outcome. Stop lying.
    No, you said you support Bernie simply because it will hasten a civil war. If you don’t think that means you will say anything to get a civil war, that’s not my problem. It is, what it is. I don’t expect you to say you hate America either, but that’s what that means as well. Keep calling people deranged...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, forcing full-on leftist policies in a right-leaning country is a good way to cause something like that to happen. Way I see it is, why slide there when you can run?
    You are supporting a civil war... a “full-on leftist” for no reason than a civil war... no one is forcing you to do it. You want dead Americans... you want America broken by war. Is this why you support Trump? You agree with everyone here that he is terrible, but he is needed for your desired outcome of dead Americans.

Well... consider that everybody you call out having DTS, simply doesn’t have a desire for a war, where 100% of casualties will be Americans. In fact, that would make a lot of the bickering go away. Just agree with everyone on how bad Trump is, but you want a civil war and an incompetent leader is the only way.

Well hot damn, sounds like we got a civil war on our hands boys!

This sounds an awful lot like support for a civil war in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Toss in some light pedophilia and you've got @Sulla in a nut shell.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-05-09 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    No surprise:

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So it seems while you all have been busy trying to get Sulla to understand anything at all (and dude, stop having a hard-on about war), Trump implicated himself in tax fraud:
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...78422797602816
    and
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...78423816921092
    You can tell the first tweet was written by someone else as it shows correct syntax and grammar, but then half way through the second he was given his phone back.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866