Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is near the bottom of the ticket form, anyone know WTF it actually is?
    They scoop half of your brain out.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is near the bottom of the ticket form, anyone know WTF it actually is?
    This is like No Man's Sky selling preorders. Come and preorder a ticket to a possible victory where you are TRAINED.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr..._theo_homepage

Oops.

I like the sub header -"Missed-out equity returns equal to 12 years of U.S. bilateral trade deficit with China"
    Did you read the piece? They are complaining that the market could have grown faster than it did. They take periods of growth as "normal", but count periods with plateaus as "missed growth". And attribute everything negative to China, of course.

It is a little pathetic that bait pieces like this one are linked and cheered without anyone reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yup. It's going to fuck Trump supporters the most. The Walmart, pick-up truck and gun collecting deplorable crowd.

I hope they choke on it.
    There was a Twitter link from CNN I believe of an anecdotal story of truck drive admitting Trump's tariffs are effin him but he says he will 100% vote for Trump.

So it is not about economic anxiety and likely never was. So how much if any will we have to grind these people into the ground with economic hardship? There might not be a bottom if Trump keeps playing his xenophobia and nationalism.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    There was a Twitter link from CNN I believe of an anecdotal story of truck drive admitting Trump's tariffs are effin him but he says he will 100% vote for Trump.

So it is not about economic anxiety and likely never was. So how much if any will we have to grind these people into the ground with economic hardship? There might not be a bottom if Trump keeps playing his xenophobia and nationalism.
    They also wanted the Supreme Court because "activist liberal judges." IE they want to overturn abortion and gay marriage rulings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rnc-boo...s-57457632325#

So basically it's training in how to counter the logic they encounter when people push back on the GOP positions.
    I got a big ol' heap of cringe by them calling these "smart" people "operatives".

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I got a big ol' heap of cringe by them calling these "smart" people "operatives".
    It's funny how they always use this cringy language that resembles something a cult would say to its followers.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's funny how they always use this cringy language that resembles something a cult would say to its followers.
    I can already imagine all of those tickets are sold to people that ride around their compound on their riding mowers while they stock bullets for the day KKKillery and the Shadow Government team up with the Deep State and lizardmen to take on QAnon and the righteous followers of Trump. Then of course there's Trump base that he is completely reaming thanks to the tariffs, those people never learn and will lap up any of Trump's jizz they could.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    "battle-tested" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not just Dollar Store. Also Costco, which is a legit good store with well-paid employees.
    Oooh boy. Dollar Tree, Walmart, and Costco? That adds the suburban crowd into the mix of people who will be pissed off.

I wonder how long before Senator Petty Asshole (R-KY) gets worried enough to force Trump to lift the tariff.

Or Congress manages to scrape together enough of a majority to take back the tariff power from the President.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They also wanted the Supreme Court because "activist liberal judges." IE they want to overturn abortion and gay marriage rulings.
    This really is the heart of it.

Even Dacien admitted that the main reason he tolerated Trump was because of the eminent necessity of filling Scalia's seat with a Republican pick - regardless of who that Republican was. (Which makes it all the more amusing to watch the people who held their nose and voted R choke on this poison pill).

And what makes that necessity so eminent? Because now that the consequences of the Reagan Revolution have finally hit home and, shockingly enough, it turns out most people hate it. The only way these people can ensure their values don't go extinct as the country shifts culturally and demographically is by restricting the franchise and consolidating power in as few and as white hands as possible.

I want you all to really think about this: at the end of the day, these people were willing to plunge the country into economic and political catastrophe simply to avoid having to live next to a Mexican or pee next to a man with a vag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

With the tariff on Mexico, I think Trump is actively TRYING to crash the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    With the tariff on Mexico, I think Trump is actively TRYING to crash the economy.
    It's called being vindictive. The courts stop his wall so obviously he is going to fuck everyone over until they let him have his way.

10+ Year Old Account
    got to get rid of everything Obama did

dont think they thought out the full implications of that

Yeah I don't understand the play on this. I got talking to someone and they pointed out that Illegal crossing spike in the spring (for planting season) and fall (for harvesting season) and crossing dramatically go down in the summer because the work illegals can find is minimal during this time and the fact the crossing is more dangerous because its a fricken desert with extreme temperature variations. So to him the idea is he imposes this tariff, he gets 2-3 months of decreasing border crossing (which is going to happen naturally) and then he can declare victory to his base and remove the tariff.

Though it does sound like a good idea, for an amateur politician. All this tariff does is dramatically increase the chance that he can't get his NAFTA 1.2 passed because Mexico will not ratifying it, taking away his major diplomatic "victory"

"I have determined that India has not assured the United States that India will provide equitable and reasonable access to its markets," President Donald Trump said in a proclamation issued by the White House https://t.co/TeGq0oelt4
    Trump attacking another trade partner which will raise prices on imports.

Now I admit my knowledge of trade with India is not much, but this moron seems to be indiscriminately lashing out at countries for no reason.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I admit my knowledge of trade with India is not much
    Our ninth biggest trade partner with an option to go up if China remains tariffed and they do not.

Your quote suggests that won't happen.

India was in a protected caste which exempted them from non-Trump tariffs. Trump just removed those. Yes, Trump just raised taxes. Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump attacking another trade partner which will raise prices on imports.

Now I admit my knowledge of trade with India is not much, but this moron seems to be indiscriminately lashing out at countries for no reason.
    are his handlers not trying anymore?

and ive read he is gonna put tariff on EU too so yh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    and ive read he is gonna put tariff on EU too so yh...
    I'd love to see a link to that.

In the meanwhile, Trump called Meghan Markle a nasty woman because Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    are his handlers not trying anymore?
    What handlers?

About the only people left in the White House besides the Trump clan are a white supremacist, Kellywise, and What He Meant Was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'd love to see a link to that.

In the meanwhile, Trump called Meghan Markle a nasty woman because Trump.
    Don't forget to mention he also casually proceeded to issue a partisan statement surrounding the Tory leadership elections.

You know. As a foreign head of state does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.