Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Trump is seeing that the now "Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership" is working, and is talking about he might ask to have the US let back in

they are saying it will cost us IF they even allow us back in cause, surprise!, they dont trust Trump
    It's not even just that they don't trust Trump. There was a shit load of stuff in the TPP that noone wanted but was done at the insistence of the USA, so with them leaving things got modified a bit. Letting the USA back in now would come with a whole lot of new demands that it would be difficult to get everyone to agree to, now that the agreement is in place.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1...943413256?s=19

Could have been worse??

Why did you elect such an effin moron President!

I wish we could have a compassionate President and one who can convey a well thought out statement.
    I mean, he's not wrong? It could've been worse.

But I also agree with you that it's such a nothing statement about something horrible that happened that it's borderline disrespectful. He might as well have gone up to the podium, shrugged, and just said 'What can ya do 'bout it?'

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1...943413256?s=19

Could have been worse??

Why did you elect such an effin moron President!

I wish we could have a compassionate President and one who can convey a well thought out statement.
    We did, the RW bitched about his pants, his suit color, and the mustard he used as a sample how they were grabbing for ANYTHING they could claim to justify their hate of him

oh, and they also blame Obama and ,throw a dart at a board, as reason why they nominated Trump in their primary them voted him into of office

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Fuck. It could have been his hip. Why couldn't it be his hip.
    I say he took a header down the stairs so he wouldn't have to go back and discuss gun control. I'm that much of a cyni.

Who are we kidding, McConnell don't give a bleep about terrorism, mass shootings and white nationalism.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I say he took a header down the stairs so he wouldn't have to go back and discuss gun control. I'm that much of a cyni.

Who are we kidding, McConnell don't give a bleep about terrorism, mass shootings and white nationalism.
    Maybe he is looking for a way to retire and save face after the all Moscow Mitch stuff taking hold and the revelations about Russians trying to open up shop in his home state and the thing where it was found him and his wife were actually breaking laws to funnel donors for projects.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Maybe he is looking for a way to retire and save face
    "Broken collarbone" even at 77 isn't it.

I know how suspicious it looks -- he tripped within a few hours of being heckled offstage in a church in his homestate. But he's easily smart enough to come up with something longer lasting than a broken collarbone. Medical records are sealed, he could easily claim to have cancer and nobody would even blink in surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah we should probably give up on asking for a fair deal with China when our gaming consoles are at stake.
    sad part is the trade is already just about fair with china.
    Most people don't understand why things are produced in China and why its next to impossible to match their cost of producing goods. Hell just our per hour salary exceeds their full labor cost by multiples.

so because things are so much cheaper over there everyone cries "unfair trade".

in order to actually make it "fair" we would have to have something north of 500%+ tariffs on some countries.

So tell me @Sulla what would make a "fair" trade deal with china. how do you do it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

I know how suspicious it looks -- he tripped within a few hours of being heckled offstage in a church in his homestate. But he's easily smart enough to come up with something longer lasting than a broken collarbone. Medical records are sealed, he could easily claim to have cancer and nobody would even blink in surprise.
    remember when they made fun of a particular old man who fell off a treadmill.....now they are lambasting lubrals for doing the same to poor Moscow Mitch.....LOLERKAKES

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Neck would have been better.
    Imagine how much worse he would have been hurt if he didn't have the shell.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the latest theory proposed by Axios and not me personally is that Pompeo will resign to run for Senate.

I browsed a few sources, enough to see that Axios isn't the only one. Apparently, Trump flat-out hates the State Department. Pompeo is also not getting the wars he wants with North Korea or Iran (cough yet cough) and doesn't want to pull a Rex Tillerson and be fired by Tweet.

It's not like he's been in this job forever and is attached to it, either.

Sen. Roberts (R-Emerald City) announced in January he would not run as due in 2020. Obviously the primaries haven't happened yet. Roberts won in 2014 53-42-4 and, gosh, kind of a lot has happened since then. That seat is up for grabs.

- - - Updated - - -

Schumer calls upon McConnell to delay the August Senate recess (it's five fucking weeks) and vote on gun control, more specifically, background checks.

McConnell has a fractured shoulder.

This is what I was talking about earlier, just not so specifically. It's 100% in McConnell's lack of character to use his injury as all the reason he needs to do nothing indefinitely.

Neither would surprise me.

But I know feigning a broke hip or a stroke would have people looking at him for long term damage and him saying cancer might get him TOO much attention for that.

But could be a simple case of a trip after getting too worked up for all we know.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    But could be a simple case of a trip after getting too worked up for all we know.
    That, plus he's older than the Hoover Dam.

I give him 100% potential to use this as an excuse to avoid a Senate vote on anything at all. But I don't think he fell on purpose.

That, plus he's older than the Hoover Dam.

I give him 100% potential to use this as an excuse to avoid a Senate vote on anything at all. But I don't think he fell on purpose.
    Oh yeah, anyone who has been paying attention at all can see that excuse coming. Really hoping he loses his re-election in 2020, can't believe that his state keeps re-electing someone that fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another lawmaker decides to spen--

"Let me guess. A GOP member deciding to spend time with his family?"

Almost.

Former Rep. Bruce Poliquin (R) on Sunday announced that he would not run for his old Maine seat in 2020, citing "family priorities."

"FAMILY ALWAYS COMES FIRST. When my brother passed some years ago, I became my parents’ only surviving child. They devoted their lives to raising Jim and me. Now, it’s my turn and responsibility to help care for them," he wrote in a Facebook post.

"I’ll continue to speak up and battle for what’s right for Maine and America. There are lots of ways I’m already helping Republicans win next November. Then, we’ll see what the future holds for 2022."
    So instead of a guy who ran, won, and is now fleeing, it's a guy who lost, and is announcing he's not trying again.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the budget deal that everyone, including Trump, agreed on? The one that the CBO says will bring the deficit to $1.7 tr--

"I thought that was a done deal."

It was verbally agreed to, yes. Now the Constitution kicks in. Wishing doesn't make it so.

Congress and President Trump struck a two-year budget deal, but now comes the hard part: actually funding the government.

With both the House and Senate out of town for the August recess, lawmakers will face a chaotic September. They’ll have three weeks to prevent a second shutdown in a year that is set to start Oct. 1 without congressional action.

“I think you better hold on to your hat in September because it’s going to be a fast track,” said Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee. “Things are going to move.”

Congress has to pass either 12 government funding bills or a continuing resolution (CR) that would give negotiators more time while extending funding at 2019 levels.

The House has passed 10 out of the 12 bills already. But those bills will not pass the Senate in their current form because they are loaded up with “poison pill” riders — provisions Republicans oppose.

The Senate, meanwhile, is at square one after leaving its appropriations process in limbo while the White House and Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) hashed out the two-year budget deal.

The 12 appropriations bills, in their totality, equal hundreds if not thousands of pages for lawmakers, the White House and their staffs to haggle over. Each bill presents a whack-a-mole of potential political and policy roadblocks that could pop up and stall talks.

The complexity all but guarantees a CR will be needed to fund at least part of the government past Oct. 1. The stopgap measure typically goes into early or mid-December, setting up another funding cliff just before the holidays.
    The size and scope of this budget -- besides, of course, what it does to the deficit, the $US, etc etc -- means that basically nothing's going to happen in August or September. The House and Senate are, at time of writing, on recess till Sept 12. It's due Oct 1.

And based on the circumstances, I subjectively think it's not just possible but likely that the Democrats in the House will say "by the way, no Wall funding" and just sit back and wait. What's Trump going to do? Shut down the government then cave for nothing, like last time?

https://twitter.com/SenMcCollister/s...78237899522048

Typical leftist senator calling out the Republicans, and Trump specifically, for enabling white supremacy.

Wait, what's that? Senator McCollister is a Republican?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    https://twitter.com/SenMcCollister/s...78237899522048

Typical leftist senator calling out the Republicans, and Trump specifically, for enabling white supremacy.

Wait, what's that? Senator McCollister is a Republican?
    Let me guess not up for re-election any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Let me guess not up for re-election any time soon?
    He was elected in 2014 so he is up for re-election in 2020.

I'm surprised, a Republican managed to find a backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He was elected in 2014 so he is up for re-election in 2020.

I'm surprised, a Republican managed to find a backbone.
    He's a state senator though, so the Republicans on the federal level will probably just ignore him.

So he's learned nothing from this despite the manifesto of the shooter and is still blaming the media and immigrants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why exactly is Trump relying on the lying fake news to vet candidates for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I wish the media was more unbiased. I'd love to see them absolutely tear into Trump instead of pussyfooting around it to try to seem balanced.

Unbiased does not mean "bOtH sIdEs" it means destroying the lies of politicians and hitting them hard. Trump would hate an unbiased media way more than he hates the current one that pulls its punches.