Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    These are my people, champ. My family fought in World War II. My family participated in project Apollo. My family made scientific discoveries. My family created businesses that have had international success.

And personally? I went New England prep schools that Republican Presidents went to. Culturally, I'm basically a WASP. And my holier than though attitude? That's because we're morally superior to you and we know it.

Allow me to show you where to shove your dreams of America being a white homeland. America is a multiracial, multicultural nation and a sanctuary for all peoples of all origins and all means. And we always will be.
    Both of my grandfathers fought in ww2. I have never wanted a white homeland, but if my choice is between an immigrant that hates white people like you and someone that just wants to be an a American without all the race bullshit I’ll take them.

You sound like a spoiled brat, you talk like one of Castro’s kids

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    "Your own people" - ah, showing the true colors. Weren't you the guy rationalizing the manifest of the shooter?
    No he 'Totally doesn't support it but understands the validity of some of his fears about being replaced by Mexicans but in an apparently not-racist way.'

At least that's what I got.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    I have never wanted a white homeland,
    Your posting history strongly suggest otherwises.

but if my choice is between an immigrant that hates white people like you and someone that just wants to be an a American without all the race bullshit I’ll take them.
    I'm not an immigrant. Just a proud descendant of them on both sides, at different points in America's immigrant story.

And I certainly don't "hate white people", lol. If that is what you think is going on, you have a real mickey mouse perspective of race relations in America. No, what I am is an adversary to American nativists - not a new thing - who want to redefine America's character to not give families that were much like my own the chance they need to to start a new live and thrive beyond all imagination.

Anyone who want to be an American, should have the chance to be an American. And that is not negotiable. Our diversity is our most extraordinary strength.

Castro has kids? And no, I've worked for everything I got. My family is well off now. I am well off. I wasn't 15 years ago. We weren't a generation ago. We earned it the old fashion way.

No, what I am is completely unapologetic about why I stand which is in direct opposition to the un-American positions you have repeatedly and regularly argued for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of my grandfathers fought in ww2. I have never wanted a white homeland, but if my choice is between an immigrant that hates white people like you and someone that just wants to be an a American without all the race bullshit I’ll take them.

Where does he even distinct between whites and others? The only one are you by using the argument of "your people" - maybe you're not aware of it, but it is quite obvious for everyone to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... Statue of Liberty National Monument includes Ellis Island. To suggest the poem isn’t about immigration, is absurd:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stat...ional_Monument

- - - Updated - - -

How about between someone who hates America like you do and an immigrant that loves it, like my self? If you want to talk about spoiled... my path to citizenship, didn’t just involve my mother’s uterus.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Uhm... Statue of Liberty National Monument includes Ellis Island. To suggest the poem isn’t about immigration, is absurd:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stat...ional_Monument

- - - Updated - - -

How about between someone who hates America like you do and an immigrant that loves it, like my self? If you want to talk about spoiled... my path to citizenship, didn’t just involve my mother’s uterus.
    DAMN, that was an epic burn right there. And entirely true. Some of these people like breslin think they are entitled to their citizenship, just because they were born here. And there are people that are literally DYING to get here, because it is safer than the places they came from. breslin believes that immigrants, legal or otherwise, hate this country, they don't. He is just pushing his racism and hatred into a comment he didn't need to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I like the statue, I don't think the poem written on the plaque next to it should define US immigration policy
    It doesn't define policy, it's basically the common human decency that America had long ago. A shame many if your ilk have forgotten this.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It doesn't define policy, it's basically the common human decency that America had long ago. A shame many if your ilk have forgotten this.
    Eeeehhhhhhh, American has always struggled with former immigrants turning into nativist assholes within 1-2 generations, trying to keep whatever popular "undesirables" out at the time they can.

It was an ideal to aspire to, and a reality of what has helped make America the most powerful and wealthy country on earth. But it's always faced pushback from racist and nativist assholes.

10+ Year Old Account

Notice the lack of saying which side they were on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The rest of the world is extremely restrictionist compared to the United States and that would be true even if we cut low skill immigration levels. I don't know of another first world country that allows between 10 and 20 million people to reside illegally within its own borders with only a token resistance to it. Your SJW fantasy is not the real world.

The rest of the world is extremely restrictionist compared to the United States and that would be true even if we cut low skill immigration levels. I don't know of another first world country that allows between 10 and 20 million people to reside illegally within its own borders with only a token resistance to it. Your SJW fantasy is not the real world.
    Man did I miss your nonsense posts and you calling people random things. Again, that poem doesn't define policy but it is an ideal that America at one time strived for. How you get SJW from something created decades ago I'll never know.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    For its own economic wellfare and to be consistent with its principles, this country must allow anyone who wants to be an American the opportunity to do so. Becoming an American citizen should be as easy as signing up for a gmail account. We have the room. We have the need. What we have too much of, unfortunately, is bullshit excuses by a tiny and fading segment of racist White people about why we can't.
    You base your reasoning off of economics and yet your entire post is just one platitude after another that somehow in your rage-filled brain has you supporting open borders. I won't write a long reply when you are banned and can't respond, I'll leave cheap underhanded tactics like that to you.

You base your reasoning off of economics and yet your entire post is just one platitude after another that somehow in your rage-filled brain has you supporting open borders. I won't write a long reply when you are banned and can't respond, I'll leave cheap underhanded tactics like that to you.
    Literally no one cares about what you have to say. I could throw feces at the wall and replicate it 100% of the time.

You've already admitted your sole goal isn't the prosperity of America. It's pissing off people you don't like and you'll take any petty victory even if it means snapping an infant's neck.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Man did I miss your nonsense posts and you calling people random things. Again, that poem doesn't define policy but it is an ideal that America at one time strived for. How you get SJW from something created decades ago I'll never know.
    You are framing the history of immigration to the United States as if it was open for years and suddenly now it isn't. Anyone who took APUSH in high school knows it has been cyclical based on what the population supported at a given time. Except until the 60s when LBJ decided to open the flood gates by killing quotas and the last five presidential administrations decided to put off dealing with illegal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You might need to revisit your history books where it concerns immigration.
    I'm a grown ass man, I don't have my high school textbooks sitting around.

Quote Originally Posted by thimonos View Post
    Could have fooled me.
    Says the guy who doesn't have A and D hotkeys.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are framing the history of immigration to the United States as if it was open for years and suddenly now it isn't. Anyone who took APUSH in high school knows it has been cyclical based on what the population supported at a given time. Except until the 60s when LBJ decided to open the flood gates by killing quotas and the last five presidential administrations decided to put off dealing with illegal immigration.
    It would help if you checked the facts first, and then posted.

There was a dip in immigration from 1930 until around 2000, but the value in 2010 is a return to historical immigration rates from 1860-1930.

Note that the important line, there, is the "percent of total population" line, not the absolute number.

Even if you want to argue "it's cyclical!", then you're on an upswing and should be expecting immigration to continue to climb and then maintain that rate for the next 50-70 years or so. That'd be the "cycle" that the data suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It would help if you checked the facts first, and then posted.

It would help if you knew the difference between "foreign born population" and "number of immigrants entering the country in a given year"

My point stands. You can almost see the very moment the melting pot died.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a grown ass man, I don't have my high school textbooks sitting around.
    Uhm... you posted this comment on the internet. Trump hasn’t banned online books or encyclopedia due to their liberal bias... yet... their window to update them all with Trump being the most persecuted, with the most accomplishments, stable genius of a president... ever... is closing soon.

Stupid liberal bias wants you to think other presidents did more or were better than Trump... sad.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    It would help if you knew the difference between "foreign born population" and "number of immigrants entering the country in a given year"

My point stands. You can almost see the very moment the melting pot died.
    Uhm... you guys posted the same exact data, in two different graphs.