Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It doesn't define policy, it's basically the common human decency that America had long ago. A shame many if your ilk have forgotten this.
    The rest of the world is extremely restrictionist compared to the United States and that would be true even if we cut low skill immigration levels. I don't know of another first world country that allows between 10 and 20 million people to reside illegally within its own borders with only a token resistance to it. Your SJW fantasy is not the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The rest of the world is extremely restrictionist compared to the United States and that would be true even if we cut low skill immigration levels. I don't know of another first world country that allows between 10 and 20 million people to reside illegally within its own borders with only a token resistance to it. Your SJW fantasy is not the real world.
    Man did I miss your nonsense posts and you calling people random things. Again, that poem doesn't define policy but it is an ideal that America at one time strived for. How you get SJW from something created decades ago I'll never know.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    For its own economic wellfare and to be consistent with its principles, this country must allow anyone who wants to be an American the opportunity to do so. Becoming an American citizen should be as easy as signing up for a gmail account. We have the room. We have the need. What we have too much of, unfortunately, is bullshit excuses by a tiny and fading segment of racist White people about why we can't.
    You base your reasoning off of economics and yet your entire post is just one platitude after another that somehow in your rage-filled brain has you supporting open borders. I won't write a long reply when you are banned and can't respond, I'll leave cheap underhanded tactics like that to you.

You base your reasoning off of economics and yet your entire post is just one platitude after another that somehow in your rage-filled brain has you supporting open borders. I won't write a long reply when you are banned and can't respond, I'll leave cheap underhanded tactics like that to you.
    Literally no one cares about what you have to say. I could throw feces at the wall and replicate it 100% of the time.

You've already admitted your sole goal isn't the prosperity of America. It's pissing off people you don't like and you'll take any petty victory even if it means snapping an infant's neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Man did I miss your nonsense posts and you calling people random things. Again, that poem doesn't define policy but it is an ideal that America at one time strived for. How you get SJW from something created decades ago I'll never know.
    You are framing the history of immigration to the United States as if it was open for years and suddenly now it isn't. Anyone who took APUSH in high school knows it has been cyclical based on what the population supported at a given time. Except until the 60s when LBJ decided to open the flood gates by killing quotas and the last five presidential administrations decided to put off dealing with illegal immigration.

You are framing the history of immigration to the United States as if it was open for years and suddenly now it isn't. Anyone who took APUSH in high school knows it has been cyclical based on what the population supported at a given time. Except until the 60s when LBJ decided to open the flood gates by killing quotas and the last five presidential administrations decided to put off dealing with illegal immigration.

You might need to revisit your history books where it concerns immigration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You might need to revisit your history books where it concerns immigration.
    I'm a grown ass man, I don't have my high school textbooks sitting around.

Quote Originally Posted by thimonos View Post
    Could have fooled me.
    Says the guy who doesn't have A and D hotkeys.

It would help if you checked the facts first, and then posted.

There was a dip in immigration from 1930 until around 2000, but the value in 2010 is a return to historical immigration rates from 1860-1930.

Note that the important line, there, is the "percent of total population" line, not the absolute number.

Even if you want to argue "it's cyclical!", then you're on an upswing and should be expecting immigration to continue to climb and then maintain that rate for the next 50-70 years or so. That'd be the "cycle" that the data suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It would help if you checked the facts first, and then posted.

It would help if you knew the difference between "foreign born population" and "number of immigrants entering the country in a given year"

My point stands. You can almost see the very moment the melting pot died.

I'm a grown ass man, I don't have my high school textbooks sitting around.
    Uhm... you posted this comment on the internet. Trump hasn’t banned online books or encyclopedia due to their liberal bias... yet... their window to update them all with Trump being the most persecuted, with the most accomplishments, stable genius of a president... ever... is closing soon.

Stupid liberal bias wants you to think other presidents did more or were better than Trump... sad.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

It would help if you knew the difference between "foreign born population" and "number of immigrants entering the country in a given year"

Uhm... you guys posted the same exact data, in two different graphs.
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Uhm... you posted this comment on the internet. Trump hasn’t banned online books or encyclopedia due to their liberal bias... yet... their window to update them all with Trump being the most persecuted, with the most accomplishments, stable genius of a president... ever... is closing soon.

Stupid liberal bias wants you to think other presidents did more or were better than Trump... sad.
    I don't know about all that but I'm pretty sure I had to read Howard Zinn's shitty Marxist history book back in high school or college so a little less bias would have been appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm... you guys posted the same exact data, in two different graphs.
    Mine manipulates the data in a way that is more favorable to my argument.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-08-15 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by thimonos View Post
    Always entertaining when the racist claims to have a read a book.
    what if I was reading racist books

They show exactly the same thing. Look at the data points, they match exactly. What are you trying to say? Yours just uses a blue line instead of bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    They show exactly the same thing. Look at the data points, they match exactly. What are you trying to say?
    A line graph is much more scary than a bar graph. I'm just trying to save some face here.

I don't know about all that but I'm pretty sure I had to read Howard Zinn's shitty Marxist history book back in high school or college so a little less bias would have been appreciated.
    If you can’t even remember when you were supposed to read it... does it really mater?

No, dude... take a look at the data points. Both graphs go with 40 million vs 12.9% for 2010... They are exactly the same. The distinction you are suggesting, doesn’t exist in the two graphs. Yours goes to 2020, while his stops at 2010. His is also using 10 year increment, while yours at 20. Otherwise, the data is the same. It doesn’t make any sense that you two are disagreeing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    They show exactly the same thing. Look at the data points, they match exactly. What are you trying to say? Yours just uses a blue line instead of bars.
    It took me so long to reply, because I was triple checking... I thought I was being dumb, but nope... there is no reason for them to argue.

If you can’t even remember when you were supposed to read it... does it really mater?

No, dude... take a look at the data points. Both graphs go with 40 million vs 12.9% for 2010... They are exactly the same. The distinction you are suggesting, doesn’t exist in the two graphs. Yours goes to 2020, while his stops at 2010. His is also using 10 year increment, while yours at 20. Otherwise, the data is the same. It doesn’t make any sense that you two are disagreeing...
    Because what I said is factually correct and both charts show it. After Hart-Celler, immigration sky rocketed. Before that it was low and before that it was higher. Forming what you might call... a cycle.

That's the same graph. Kudos for that.

Admitting to bad faith in multiple distinct ways, on top of that.

The data's the same. The facts are that immigration in the USA is not particularly high right now, historically speaking. Despite your claims otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Admitting to bad faith in multiple distinct ways, on top of that.

The data's the same. The facts are that immigration in the USA is not particularly high right now, historically speaking. Despite your claims otherwise.
    How does either graph show that? You know when the line or bar goes up that means the number of people has gone up right?