Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Would love to come back, but sadly the game doesn't let me resett my password and I don't know my character names anymore as I haven't played for years.
    I was in the same boat, just do a new account. It’s free and since I haven’t played in years I didn’t remember where I left off or how to play the character properly so starting from scratch helped me figure out where I was and how I got there. You can also get HoT for cheap and use the boost to go right to max level.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I was in the same boat, just do a new account. It’s free and since I haven’t played in years I didn’t remember where I left off or how to play the character properly so starting from scratch helped me figure out where I was and how I got there. You can also get HoT for cheap and use the boost to go right to max level.
    IS there any difference between the original game without any expansion and the free version?

  3. #263
    Titan PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    13,898
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    IS there any difference between the original game without any expansion and the free version?
    Can't map chat and trading post restrictions. Most are the other restrictions are universal to new accounts.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Can't map chat and trading post restrictions. Most are the other restrictions are universal to new accounts.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts
    There is also a couple of days where a new player can’t use the trading post even if you buy an expansion which was annoying as hell. I know it is to combat gold sellers but as an honest player it was enfuriating to be locked out of it for a weekend. Once I saw that I put the game away for the remainder of the lockout and played other games until it was over. Just the ability to sell an item directly from your bag Space is much better than running back to a vendor all the time to unload especially when you start with small bags.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-29 at 06:43 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Can't map chat and trading post restrictions. Most are the other restrictions are universal to new accounts.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts
    Happily I found my password again :3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •