Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I get more story from FFXIV in the way i like, nobody i know plays GW2 at all so its solo only which is pretty dull and while they looked neat the mesmer and elementalist were really really boring to play as. i dont see any of that changing and while i got to 80 and did everything till the scarlet briar cringefest it just isnt very interesting or engaging as a mmo to me, i keep looking for changes but nothing interests me enough yet.

I played gw2 for about 2 years from launch till a couple of months after heart of thorns. In truth it was the last game I can say I had any real hype for but I have had 0 interest in returning.

I'm not sure exactly why, I think when I quit I felt they were trying to change the game more into wow (introducing raids) and although much earlier breaking the promise of no gear grind by adding purples. Updates to the game felt very slow and when they came insignificant. And I wasn't a huge fan of the heart of thorns expansion in general, the zones were just annoying to navigate and there was so much grind with the alternate progression. Also despite really liking the game at launch, probably on the same level as vanilla wow when it was new, the setting of guildwars has never hooked me whatsoever so there is no nostalgia in that sense.

Installing it again hahaha and i wasnt able to find a guild

Too overwhelmed with all the stuff I missed out on. I feel like I wouldn't know what is going on and therefore wouldn't care enough to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's keeping me from coming back?

Privacy aspect of the game that allows undesirables (my ex) to stalk my account and ArenaNet refusing to do anything about it. Just telling me "You can play offline mode".

The game isn't updated regularly enough with fresh new content. In a game where there's no gear progression or treadmill, other gameplay elements such as new features, skins and story become more important. That's why I can't see how people are feeling overwhelmed after not playing in a long time. The game doesn't churn out enough content to evoke that feeling.

Terrible balance. Many classes/specializations are completely useless for actual DPS or just do not scale/work properly (minions/pets in general). Others are just not used by the community cause they are just objectively weaker than other options and ArenaNet doesn't fix it (Herald to other buffers like druid/warrior, healers like water ele and firebrand to druid, most DPS specs, etc).

End game is simply a cosmetic grind. Once you hit max gear (full ascended with the right affix) you either play for cosmetics or play cause you are enjoying it. That's fun for a while, but it gets old fast for me.

Raids are too difficult to find a group for. Any raid group or difficult dungeon group (CM) requires you have done it before or already be in a guild/static, and it is very difficult to get in and actually learn/do the content yourself. I spent like 6 hours doing a "practice run" for the first boss of the first raid and it was full of people who didn't know what they were doing at all, which means the entire time was wasted. The content isn't even difficult, compared to WoW it's basically dungeon boss mechanics, but getting into a group of people that are ready for actual difficult content in the game (with things that will hurt you and have actual DPS/mechanic checks) that aren't already committed to their own group is a huge chore.
    Last edited by Crevox; 2018-10-11 at 05:31 PM.

The ridiculously long time it will take to get caught up on story, zone completion (and thus masteries), legendaries, etc etc.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    The ridiculously long time it will take to get caught up on story, zone completion (and thus masteries), legendaries, etc etc.
    To be honest this is the part of the game I enjoyed the most. Going through the story and unlocking the masteries and exploration gave me something to do and work towards that didn't feel pointless. Once I ran out of that, I didn't have anything else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    To be honest this is the part of the game I enjoyed the most. Going through the story and unlocking the masteries and exploration gave me something to do and work towards that didn't feel pointless. Once I ran out of that, I didn't have anything else to do.
    Oh indeed it's fun by itself but when you're literally two expansions behind it becomes a mountain to climb to actually see the new stuff.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I take long breaks then return to play for a bit here and there. It's a really great game and the no sub biz model is nice (as is the PvP lobby, no need to level to 80 to play instanced pvp, and gear not mattering in pvp).

My biggest gripe is that, in my opinion, the class design is severely lacking. The combat is fun, but after a while all the classes feel too similar.

That said, I'll probably be back.

10+ Year Old Account
    No vertical progression and no trinity makes playing GW2 boring after about 10 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    NCSoft's name is on the box.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    NCSoft's name is on the box.
    Hm? What's wrong with NCSoft?

Personally I played GW2 a lot, never got a legendary or any other of my long-term goals complete. I just wasn't into grinding out mats and as the game has no interesting map-quests (Dynamic Events are cool a few times but so uninteresting lore-wise) I just got back to WoW. I also love Blizzard lore and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I don't know if I have commented on this thread before... but the reason I didn't play Guild Wars 2 was because i was part of the QA team working on it. I spent a year working through various quest zones, stories and characters.

Kind of a rule of mine, I don't tend to play the games I work on... which means I have missed out on a handful of really good games.
    Any reason for that rule? (Assuming you are even telling the truth, i've never heard of game devs not at least trying their game)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I spend 40 hours a week testing a game. In a QA role, I am in the game more than anyone else. If you boil it down, I essentially get to play it every day it's just not as clean as it would be when it makes it to the public. While I enjoy what I work on, if I play my title in my free time, I feel like I am still working.

There is an interesting point you bring up that I would like to give my two cents on. You say you've not heard about Game Devs not trying their own games. In a lot of ways, you are correct. Most Game Devs will try their game once it goes live. People in QA have a different mind set (and that's not to say all QA people mimic what I do, but a lot of us do). Gave Devs tend to see snapshots during testing, and then a good look either right before and during launch.
    Thanks for the clarification!

I for got my password and all the personal info/security questions or w/e. Can't prove the account is mine. And I won't buh the game a gain. Same happened to me in RuneScape

"What's preventing you from coming back to Guild Wars 2?"

I live in Australia. The game has no OCE servers.

When I played it, I got caught in every single AoE. All of them.

Also, there are a number of skills that, somehow, literally don't work with high ping. It's especially noticeable on the Ranger. For some reason, at high pings, half of the Ranger's abilities do nothing. Like, you use them and they go on CD... but the skill doesn't actually happen. And it's not a delay thing. They don't happen 'after a moment'. They literally just do not happen.

In short: game's coding can't handle high pings, and they're too cheap to make local servers.

Deleted
    The fact that I played the game for 4 hrs and decided it's shit, is a big detterant for me.