Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If they actually cared about PvP I would play. The so obviously do not... I will be playing WoW Classic!

the fact that my friends downloaded the game but couldnt join me on my realm because it was full. also the game even when its a good and fun game, is kinda vague on all kinds of information you easily find for wow without even needing to search on third party sites.

There was topic about the ban wave 8-9 month ago maybe not sure. When i checked my account i was also band and i havent played in last 2-3 month. Since this happed I dont give fuck about GW 2, good thing i didnt buy Path of Fire.

Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated for engaging in or assisting with gold or item sales for real-world money, which is a breach of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. This action is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    the fact that my friends downloaded the game but couldnt join me on my realm because it was full. also the game even when its a good and fun game, is kinda vague on all kinds of information you easily find for wow without even needing to search on third party sites.
    Hmm. The only way you wouldn't be able to play with your friend is if you were in different regions (NA or EU) or you're in WvW. Even before they switched to the 'megaserver' system you could simply 'guest' to other servers.

The place to get information about the game is from its official wiki. Theres a command for the wiki built into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hmm. The only way you wouldn't be able to play with your friend is if you were in different regions (NA or EU) or you're in WvW. Even before they switched to the 'megaserver' system you could simply 'guest' to other servers.

The place to get information about the game is from its official wiki. Theres a command for the wiki built into the game.
    I didnt know about the servers, do you mean it doesnt matter anymore which server you are in? besides I dont think you can join a WvW battleground with friends from other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    I didnt know about the servers, do you mean it doesnt matter anymore which server you are in? besides I dont think you can join a WvW battleground with friends from other servers.
    Servers do not except for WvW. So if your server is full you guys could do everything but WvW together.

Mostly lag. It's a solid game but holy crap I cannot get it to run on this dinosaur. It was also just a lot to learn coming from WoW, learning an MMO from the ground up was rough. I feel like coming back again would be as hard with all the stuff I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Mostly lag. It's a solid game but holy crap I cannot get it to run on this dinosaur. It was also just a lot to learn coming from WoW, learning an MMO from the ground up was rough. I feel like coming back again would be as hard with all the stuff I've missed.
    My computer is actually very good and I have the same issues. Idk if it's just that GW2 is ridiculously demanding, or horribly optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    My computer is actually very good and I have the same issues. Idk if it's just that GW2 is ridiculously demanding, or horribly optimized.
    It's still on DX9 and it still mostly runs on single core, so yes, horribly optimized.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I dont play, because there is no real Item-Progression. And exploring / style Gear farming isnt mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's still on DX9 and it still mostly runs on single core, so yes, horribly optimized.
    This. There's a mod that forced dx12 that's apparently pretty solid, and provided you've got the hardware for it brings a lot of performance improvements. But it's still a third party mod so use at your own risk (word is it's pretty solid/stable though, much like the mount/dps meter mods).

But damn do I wish they could get some proper dx11/12 support.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This. There's a mod that forced dx12 that's apparently pretty solid, and provided you've got the hardware for it brings a lot of performance improvements. But it's still a third party mod so use at your own risk (word is it's pretty solid/stable though, much like the mount/dps meter mods).

But damn do I wish they could get some proper dx11/12 support.
    I installed it today and HOLY SHIT the FPS improvements are massive.

Im running 1440p and in LA i was normally having 40-50FPS and even sometimes dropping to 30FPS. Now im having 60-70FPS in LA.

In open world i would normally get between 100-120FPS and sometimes 80FPS depending on map. Right now im in Siren's Landing and im constantly at 125-143FPS (RTSS lock on 143FPS).

All settings on high. Shaders on mid, because i don't like how the game looks with shaders on high. Just need to do a world boss now to test that
    Intel core i9 9900k: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master: PNY RTX 2080 XLR8 OC Twin 8GB: CORSAIR RMx 750W: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3200MHz: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian li pc-o11 dynamic: Acer Predator xb271hu

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    If you have a decent CPU you shouldn't have issues with GW2. It doesn;t take much to run it at max settings, its GPU strain is next to nothing, but that's how all MMO are nowadays. I have the i5 and run it easily with an old 1060 .
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

I work a lot, fuck my life.

Im waiting for some Elite Specs with a dynamic proc/priority based rotation. I love GW2, but always lose interest inn the combat once i got the rotation down. Its just a snoozefest at that point for me.

Somehow it didn't click with me as much as Final Fantasy XIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Im waiting for some Elite Specs with a dynamic proc/priority based rotation. I love GW2, but always lose interest inn the combat once i got the rotation down. Its just a snoozefest at that point for me.
    Theres specs where you set yourself up to do more damage/burst but procs like you see in WoW are too RNG for GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Theres specs where you set yourself up to do more damage/burst but procs like you see in WoW are too RNG for GW2.
    See, i dont get this "too rng" argument. What does that even mean. Games like FFXIV offer both types of gameplay, for example.You can have procs who dont do a shitload of damage but speed up the rotation or resource generation. Make it so you cant pair it up with too much burst via traits etc. When normalized Procs just net you good sustained damage, most persons arent that opposed to it. There could be even small ways like Rage Builders who have a range of resource they can generate instead of a fixed value. That would keep me more engaged than the current way of "memorize this sequence of button presses. oh you did that? congrats, your done." i dont feel any sense of mastery or skill.

Other examples would be procs to boost a certain weapon skill which is otherwise mostly useless for damage.
    The RPPM system from WoW showed that you can limit the forms of rng to tame levels and still have enough of it to spice things up.

It was too unfamiliar compared to WoW for my taste, think i got to 40ish in level before quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    See, i dont get this "too rng" argument. What does that even mean. Games like FFXIV offer both types of gameplay, for example.You can have procs who dont do a shitload of damage but speed up the rotation or resource generation. Make it so you cant pair it up with too much burst via traits etc. When normalized Procs just net you good sustained damage, most persons arent that opposed to it. There could be even small ways like Rage Builders who have a range of resource they can generate instead of a fixed value. That would keep me more engaged than the current way of "memorize this sequence of button presses. oh you did that? congrats, your done." i dont feel any sense of mastery or skill.

Other examples would be procs to boost a certain weapon skill which is otherwise mostly useless for damage.
    The RPPM system from WoW showed that you can limit the forms of rng to tame levels and still have enough of it to spice things up.
    When you say proc you mean stuff like 'X has a chance to activate on crit. When. X is up press Y'?

Those kind of pros are too rng for GW2. I'm not saying they are bad or anything but GW2s class and combat systems just are designed for that kind of game play.

Now if you mean specs where you're trying to manage/build a resource, maintain a trait/buff, prioritize your rotation around a trait/class mechanic, GW2 has those.

Holosmith (kind a bad example for PVE now) has a mechanic where you must manage your 'heat'. Heat damages you and alters your skills. One playstyle is to balance your heat leaves, never overheating, maintaining your buffed skills. Another is to overheat ASAP, damaging yourself but gaining insane bursts.

Berserker - You want to build rage as fast as possible and stay in berserk mode as long as possible to get off as many hits from your berserk skill as possible, while maintaining another trait. Priority based rotation

Revenant, any spec, any build is about resource management.

Mirage - a whole mess of stuff to watch and consider.

Actually there's only a few builds off the top of my head that aren't priority based.

The issue with GW2 is that you're not forced to take certain builds or punished for taking weird stuff in the open world. Only in raids, fractals, even story instances if you don't want to waste your time (pvp is a given) do you have to actually 'learn how to play'. But that applies to WoW and FFXIV to, except they give you a much smaller box to mess around with when it comes to traits and builds.

Every DPS in WoW is basically 4-5 buttons and a button you press when you get a proc, which they scream at you to press.

My condi Weaver's 'rotation' in GW2 is 15 skills off the top of my head, not considering the when, why's, and how's of when I use those skills.

Daredevil, 2 buttons because idk what Anet was thinking when they designed that spec.

Point is GW2s system might be deeper than you think it is. Maybe not. Could be its just not for you.

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    World of Warcraft still exists.
    That + motion sickness (not sure if it'd be better now that I have a wide monitor and better setup) and having missed out on a lot of time limited rewards just deflates my motivation.
    If you or a loved one wants a Hamster (any kind), consider going with a custom cage. Most of the retail cages, even the biggest, are simply too small for the hamster's well-being. There are far cheaper solutions using IKEA furniture, for example, that also results in a more stylish habitat that's bigger and easier to match with your decor! I use the IKEA Detolf + KALLAX solution! Check it out! Another clever and even cheaper solution is converting the IKEA SAMLA Bin!