Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    World of Warcraft still exists.
    That + motion sickness (not sure if it'd be better now that I have a wide monitor and better setup) and having missed out on a lot of time limited rewards just deflates my motivation.
    How very odd...
    It would seem that one simply can't make Classic sound good, without first attempting to make Retail sound bad.

Time. I honestly think about this game from time to time and wanting to give it another go because I liked what I played years ago but I just don't have time. When I was younger I had so much more time to just dick around but the older I get the more responsibilities I have and the less time I have to play lol.

And the little free time I do have is allocated to other games and things outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Point is GW2s system might be deeper than you think it is. Maybe not. Could be its just not for you.
    I do miss the rhythm of some caster classes from WoW/ SWTOR, GW2 is nearly always a bit too hectic. That said, for melee stuff GW2 wins hands down IMO for feel. I do wish we had a GW2 based Star Wars MMO, since lightsabers would fit right into the system and the limited powers would lend itself well also, plus guns.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The crafting and gearing system are pretty difficult to get into without some kind of guide. It's also not the easiest game in the world to solo with regard to end content. If it weren't for those factors I would absolutely play again.

The combat just feels off, i feel like its just a giant aoe orgy and i cant enter a single fight without getting downed wondering wtf just hit me, call me a noob, i dun really care, maybe if they overhauled the combat and made it a little more interesting then it would be better.

I played it at release and it was ok for a month or so but it got dull fast. I didn't like the lack of the trinity design for PVE content either. Game felt a bit like every man for himself which doesn't really mesh well with community cooperation to achieve objectives in a MMO for me.

The combat was ok in small scale situations but after that everyone was just an AoE fest of nonsense.

I generally have a lul where I stop playing and return to level a new character to max then simply stop.

I think the issue for me is goals mostly. At 80 I have no idea what I want to do, google the issue and I'm faced with content that at least seems far out of my reach time wise or I'm simply not interested in it. Also the fact that I've leveled 4-7 characters to max over the years probably also burns me out in terms of interest.

Here is to hoping that they make a new class with Dervish or Ritualist flavor. I'd be all over those.

Nobody to erotic roleplay with.

The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    level scaling. i hate level scaling.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I think i have attempted GW2 3-4 times over its life, never spent more than a weekend in it. Just did not like the game, felt empty and soulless to me. And i played GW1 for a very long time.
    " PC- i7-7700k, MSI 1070, 16gig DDR4 @ 3200MHz, Samsung Evo Pro 850 @ 250gb, Adata SSD @ 250gb, Seagate Barracuda @ 1tb.

I also own all the consoles and enjoy all of them (except the Wii U, that is trash).
    Proud member of the Gaming MasterRace.

Despite GW2 incorporating some aspects i like (player character races, guardian class) we're 2 expansions in and it feels like it's just a poor spin-off to GW1.
    I've spent a lot of time in the previous game and it usually stuck with me for months at a time; especially due to the accessability.
    GW2; i only turn up once every expansion or living story episode for the story, and perhaps stick with it for a day or 2. Everything beyond a exotic gear-set feels just like a bother and the game feels empty and dead.

I tried to play it and I played it for a while and I did not reach cap before I stopped.
    I just find it repetitive but in dull way.