Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I have 30 gold. that will buy me.... 2, maybe 3 pieces of exotic gear in optimized stats with lvl 40 upgrades because lvl 80 upgrades cost more then gear itself. I don't know what to sell on EH to make up anywhere near the gold that people are asking for gear. everything I have is like at best 30 silver? at best. how many more events do I have to farm to afford to do STORY? I'm sorry but in what world is this casual friendly? I do ok in old world but like.. what is the point of paying for expansions if I can't even play them?

sorry, but GW2 pissed me off today to the point of actual genuine anger at which point I closed the game, complained on the forums and deleted it from my harddrive because I do not play video games to be this stressed out. and yes I know heart of thorns is harder. I went back there first to finish unlocking a glider. immediately remembered why I quit the first time. but figured I'm this close to finishing that first leveling track, just hold out and get it done and then lets go to the new expansion that is supposed to be more casual friendly. the only thing that's casual friendly is doing the race around the desert (even if I don't get placed, at least its finishable) and multi part coin gathering event to get to kill a loot pinata which I've experienced running away at least once (yes there was a group killing it, not enough damage)

anyways, I'm making myself annoyed all over again now, so.. not for me.
    J found gold to be far less punishing and things way cheaper than expected since you can easily buy it with rlm

I have 30 gold. that will buy me.... 2, maybe 3 pieces of exotic gear in optimized stats with lvl 40 upgrades because lvl 80 upgrades cost more then gear itself.
    You get a gold for completing the dailies, and laurels for mats as well as mystic coins which have value. Not sure what gear you're looking for though, most level 80 gear is 2-3 g each at most, and similarly not sure which runes you're looking at. Some of the story chapters can be a pain for some classes though, so I hear ya. Not sure which class you're using.
    Yeah, sometimes a game just takes a turn that goes against what you want. Heck, I never finished GW1 for this reason.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Time, tragically, I just don't have the time or energy to commit to MMO's atm.

Plus you kind of have to play an MMO to the exclusion of other games and I've got a big steam backlog.
    Twas brillig

I have 30 gold. that will buy me.... 2, maybe 3 pieces of exotic gear in optimized stats with lvl 40 upgrades because lvl 80 upgrades cost more then gear itself. I don't know what to sell on EH to make up anywhere near the gold that people are asking for gear. everything I have is like at best 30 silver? at best. how many more events do I have to farm to afford to do STORY? I'm sorry but in what world is this casual friendly? I do ok in old world but like.. what is the point of paying for expansions if I can't even play them?

sorry, but GW2 pissed me off today to the point of actual genuine anger at which point I closed the game, complained on the forums and deleted it from my harddrive because I do not play video games to be this stressed out. and yes I know heart of thorns is harder. I went back there first to finish unlocking a glider. immediately remembered why I quit the first time. but figured I'm this close to finishing that first leveling track, just hold out and get it done and then lets go to the new expansion that is supposed to be more casual friendly. the only thing that's casual friendly is doing the race around the desert (even if I don't get placed, at least its finishable) and multi part coin gathering event to get to kill a loot pinata which I've experienced running away at least once (yes there was a group killing it, not enough damage)

not sure what gear you are trying to buy. but if gold isn't an option you can buy gear for karma(250k for a set) in Orr.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I started playing serioulsy just two or three months ago, i have 100+ G and a mix of exotic and ascended gear.

I didn't buy anything from TP - all is farmed. Weapon comes from elite spec unlock(exotic) accessiories come from laurels/season 3 farm (all ascended but one) and i just found today you can easily farm a full set of exotic armor in verdant brink for a total of 2500 "gears" and 5g.

So it's just a matter of farming the right spots.

Not that best gear helps that much - also woth moting that for open world/general use it's easier to go for nok-full offensive affixes cause you lose only a fraction of damage for quite a bunch of hp
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.