Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    my main reason to stop was the limit on characters once done leveling up 3 chars there was no challenge for me

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    my main reason to stop was the limit on characters once done leveling up 3 chars there was no challenge for me
    Yeah I don't think it's fair that in order to have every class on one account you need to shell out for slots.

Should just be 9 by default and more slots should be for alts.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

The expansions with all the trees really threw me off, a truly HORRIBLE map to traverse, which is crazy since the original game does that so well, add to that the silly grindy new levels they made. Also find the group content to be very very MEH. Think the game should have had the holy trinity from the getgo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The AR- 14 or 15 is a good home defense weapon.

World of Warcraft... and the fact that MMOs are too much of an investment for no reward.

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    Leveling...challenge...?

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    World of Warcraft... and the fact that MMOs are too much of an investment for no reward.
    Whatever happened to the reward of simply having fun (whether that's with this game or any other MMO, or game in general).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah I don't think it's fair that in order to have every class on one account you need to shell out for slots.

Should just be 9 by default and more slots should be for alts.
    Or be like me, having all the classes at 80, only to have HoT come out and not be able to play Revenant at all due to no slots available (which they rectified before that xpac came out). Pretty sure I wouldn't have picked it up had they not done that.

I liked Guild Wars 2 well enough, but the story never completely hooked me, so I never got a character higher than the 40s. My problem is that every piece of additional content they've put out seems to be for max level play. So while I like the idea of the new specializations, and some look really cool, the idea of having to level all the way just to enjoy it is off putting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Whatever happened to the reward of simply having fun (whether that's with this game or any other MMO, or game in general).
    I don't know, when did MMO developers forget what fun is?

The game just never sticks with me over the long term, though there's an almost absurd amount of 'stuff' to do if you want to invest the time.

I will tend to pick it up, play my face off for a week or 2, and then just stop for no apparent reason. It's nice that the game allows for that I suppose, but the bones of the game just don't have what I'm looking for I suppose. Combat tends to feel pretty generic, the lack of really defined roles has its downside as well. I will give credit where it's due... even though this isn't a truly open world game, the zones are some of the best I've seen in an MMO.
    Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes.
    "If you are not capable of cruelty, you are absolutely a victim to anyone who is" - J. Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It was always an illusion. After 2 months of classic, every one figured it out...

Because it's just not Guild Wars to me. It has the name but they fundamentally changed the game from the ground up. Guild Wars 1 with the mission style dungeons/questing was amazing and fun to play. I use to love watching pvp matches in the hall of champions or whatever or participating myself. I don't know the game just doesn't feel the same to me. I've tried so hard to make it a main mmo but it's just better off being something you log into once in a while and log off for months.
    Last edited by Aevic; 2018-01-21 at 02:29 AM.
    SWTOR referral code for 7 days free and a starter pack!

http://www.swtor.com/r/mZNBRj

I bought it and realised that WoW was better in every aspect and haven't touched it since

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I bought it and realised that WoW was better in every aspect and haven't touched it since
    Even though WoW has been adopting elements from GW2 since GW2 was launched?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The game just never sticks with me over the long term, though there's an almost absurd amount of 'stuff' to do if you want to invest the time.

I will tend to pick it up, play my face off for a week or 2, and then just stop for no apparent reason. It's nice that the game allows for that I suppose, but the bones of the game just don't have what I'm looking for I suppose. Combat tends to feel pretty generic, the lack of really defined roles has its downside as well. I will give credit where it's due... even though this isn't a truly open world game, the zones are some of the best I've seen in an MMO.
    The games blessing and curse. There is so much to do that many lose focus and lose interest. Theres no pressure to get anything done , not to what you should be doing, no current tier to really catch up to.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Even though WoW has been adopting elements from GW2 since GW2 was launched?

- - - Updated - - -

The games blessing and curse. There is so much to do that many lose focus and lose interest. Theres no pressure to get anything done , not to what you should be doing, no current tier to really catch up to.
    First I've heard of it - are you sure? WoW would be getting shit if that were true

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    First I've heard of it - are you sure? WoW would be getting shit if that were true
    Because people either like the adaptions, hate them (see reasons why people like Legion), or pretend that Blizzard has come with the ideas on their own. Not really worth listing all the adaptions but open world WoW becomes more and GW2 like every feature patch.

The fact I had to fork out so much money for the game, and then they made it free. I'm still bitter about that part. Also, I've got no time, and the main interest in the game for me was Personal Story that they transformed into a world events called Living Story.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I don't know, when did MMO developers forget what fun is?
    When they saw the shit people will put up with as long as they get to play and experience it together.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I feel like there's no real progression, past the wardrobe system there's really not much to work for, there's no better gear, you won't increase in power, the only progression system is "you just unlocked x ability to do/go y" and that's it, started to feel more like a chore, not "cool what am i going to do today in guild wars 2!" but more like "Right, gotta do fractals, tequatl, some dungeon paths.." etc.

I know the same sort of thing could be said for WoW, but i just always seem to be able to find something new to pass the time with in WoW and feel like I'm accomplishing something, I rarely got that feeling in GW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Do you REALLY spend that much time reacting to random people talking to you? Oh man, Jehova's Witnesses in your area must be having a blast.

GW2 always felt sadly tragic to me. It had some amazing ideas and to this day has some mechanics that NEED to be integrated into other MMOs (riding Raptors is an absolute blast) but at the end of the day felt like just that. A collection of good ideas. There felt like no real cohesion between a lot of these good ideas and a hell of a lot of rough patches between them.

The universe and writing would by my biggest gripe (some spoilers to follow). Cities feel one dimensional and lifeless and while there is some really nice zones, there is also a hell of a lot of other ones that feel like copy/paste jobs with a different shade of brown thrown on them. The writing was equally lousy. I had hopes for the story this expansion improving matters but it fell flat within about two hours of starting. Other characters of the Dragon's Watch seem to serve no real purpose other than create screw up after screw up for you to clean up. The only real element I felt for was the sacrifice of Vlast which later just made me angry because the whole resurgence of Balthazar in the first place was once again due to yet another mindblowing act of stupidity from my party (in this case, Rytlock). So glad you got your stupid looking sword back though.

It really doesn't pick up from there and once again the Commander is left to be a glorified babysitter. Living World Season 4 improves things a little but it still falls short of WoW's writing (which is nothing that amazing to begin with but their world building blows GW2 away) and not even on the same page of something like FF14.

Other sticking points would be PvP. Oh hell, what a dumpster fire all avenues of that became.
    Last edited by Torais; 2018-01-24 at 11:56 AM.

Would love to come back, but sadly the game doesn't let me resett my password and I don't know my character names anymore as I haven't played for years.