Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I for got my password and all the personal info/security questions or w/e. Can't prove the account is mine. And I won't buh the game a gain. Same happened to me in RuneScape
    I was in the same situation. I contacted them and about 2 days later had my account back. It helps to have the security key for your game, however they can restore your account without that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    >>>Complete tools who think that cows have horns. Cows don't have horns and are, therefore, not akin to the Tauren race. If anything, Tauren are bulls, except the fact you can choose a female Tauren. So that kind of just makes a Tauren a Tauren. -.-
    ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ymn View Post
    How can you make your initial statement and begin the next sentence with that horrible statement?
    Am I wrong? Or are you just going to be vague and not clarify

I got turned off instantly at the game, played it for beta, and launch, up to Heart of Thorns, then gave up, Living Story was boring, sPVP was never made serious, and ANET seemed to care more about pumping out cosmetics and tracks for people than actually developing content

They always touted how much they wanted it to be an esport, but never actually tried to make it one, it was a disappointment

I don't play MMOs to play dressup and sit in Lion's Arch,
    Last edited by Saintlel; 2018-10-24 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    Am I wrong? Or are you just going to be vague and not clarify

I got turned off instantly at the game, played it for beta, and launch, up to Heart of Thorns, then gave up, Living Story was boring, sPVP was never made serious, and ANET seemed to care more about pumping out cosmetics and tracks for people than actually developing content

They always touted how much they wanted it to be an esport, but never actually tried to make it one, it was a disappointment

I don't play MMOs to play dressup and sit in Lion's Arch,
    Your opinion is your opinion but its like someone judging BFA based on the two weeks of WoW they played at launch.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    This is a question for those who do not play Guild Wars 2 - either people that have already played it, or those who didn't try the game yet and lack something to try it.
    All my friends who tried it said it sucks and quit after a few hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my friends are currently back to playing WoW. I am sure that once content drought hits WoW again, I'll be back to farming for Aurora again.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Your opinion is your opinion but its like someone judging BFA based on the two weeks of WoW they played at launch.
    If you call playing it from launch on and off until Heart of Thorns, almost 3 years of time between the two "two weeks" sure

If you call playing it from launch on and off until Heart of Thorns, almost 3 years of time between the two "two weeks" sure
    Eh. That's just Pacox and Rog mate. Those 2 are basically this sub forums defenders with their shit tier "if it's not critique I like then fuck it" attitude.

Best to ignore and leave them be. Thankfully they aren't any representation of the good community GW2 actually has.

I never started. Frankly, the day NCSoft killed off City of Heroes, I decided that I would never play a game under their company ever again.

Partially because I outright hate them for what they did to the game (shutting it down is understandable, however the way they handled it is an atrocity, and on top of that they go out of their way to ensure private servers for theri dead games never see the light of day for unfathomable reasons. I won't derail the thread with too many details).

And partially because they have killed off so many fairly successful MMORPGs on a whim for reasons I cannot begin to understand. This means that any game they host is on borrowed time; none of my progress will count in the long term.

Besides, I am quite content with two MMORPGs, and I do not need to hop into a third. Guild Wars 2, for what it is, doesn't seem like a bad game, but I don't see myself ever getting into it.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I never started. Frankly, the day NCSoft killed off City of Heroes, I decided that I would never play a game under their company ever again.

Partially because I outright hate them for what they did to the game (shutting it down is understandable, however the way they handled it is an atrocity, and on top of that they go out of their way to ensure private servers for theri dead games never see the light of day for unfathomable reasons. I won't derail the thread with too many details).

And partially because they have killed off so many fairly successful MMORPGs on a whim for reasons I cannot begin to understand. This means that any game they host is on borrowed time; none of my progress will count in the long term.

Besides, I am quite content with two MMORPGs, and I do not need to hop into a third. Guild Wars 2, for what it is, doesn't seem like a bad game, but I don't see myself ever getting into it.
    It's not a bad game. Has it's issues.

Gear treadmill ends once you got the BiS set for your build.

Lootbox mount skins. Least there is a specific option for it though.

Some map events are just boooooooooring. Centaur one springs immediately to mind.

Transmog/Glamour system requires an item like FF14 which is stupid.

But yeah it has it's issues. But overall definitely a solid MMO out of the current market. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it either with 2 MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's not a bad game. Has it's issues.

Gear treadmill ends once you got the BiS set for your build.

Lootbox mount skins. Least there is a specific option for it though.

Some map events are just boooooooooring. Centaur one springs immediately to mind.

Transmog/Glamour system requires an item like FF14 which is stupid.

But yeah it has it's issues. But overall definitely a solid MMO out of the current market. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it either with 2 MMOs.
    Yeah I've heard interesting things about it, and like you I don't want to dedicate time to a third MMORPG.

I don't have an issue with glamour/transmog requiring items to use, though; frankly I'd be happy that the system existed regardless, unless the items were stupidly expensive. FFXIV didn't have that issue in the past (they were moderately priced, but not ridiculous, now they are super cheap), and it doesn't have it now.

Deleted
    No open world PvP, floaty combat without any real oomph, cheesy storylines and dialogue, poor music.

Game has changed with both expansions (CM fractals, raids, masteries, elite specs, legendary armor, several new SW-style metas), so your opinion about PvE based on vanilla GW2 is certainly very dated.
    Eh. That's just Pacox and Rog mate. Those 2 are basically this sub forums defenders with their shit tier "if it's not critique I like then fuck it" attitude.
    I didn't even respond him until now. Also good irony, considering how you are defending every aspect of FFXIV.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Yeah I've heard interesting things about it, and like you I don't want to dedicate time to a third MMORPG.

I don't have an issue with glamour/transmog requiring items to use, though; frankly I'd be happy that the system existed regardless, unless the items were stupidly expensive. FFXIV didn't have that issue in the past (they were moderately priced, but not ridiculous, now they are super cheap), and it doesn't have it now.
    FF14's are piss easy to come buy. Dispellers you just get from a vendor, the Prisms are crafted with Clear ones and Silver. Silver is like a 25-30 crafter/gatherer item.

I think it's a lot better in FF14 since it's one universal Prism now rather than specific crafting ones like needing a Woodworking one to glamour over a Bow or stupid shit like that.

GW2s are easy to come by since you get them from login rewards and are account wide but eh. Both games are just as shit at handling that aspect of their glamour system.

FF14's needs an overhaul stat. Should be like WoWs and be like 1000 gil per item or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    No open world PvP, floaty combat without any real oomph, cheesy storylines and dialogue, poor music.
    Yeah can't say there's a specific piece of music that sticks out for me in this game. Zone ones are very generic.

Fear Not this Night is quite good but that's about it.

FF14's are piss easy to come buy. Dispellers you just get from a vendor, the Prisms are crafted with Clear ones and Silver. Silver is like a 25-30 crafter/gatherer item.

GW2s are easy to come by since you get them from login rewards and are account wide but eh. Both games are just as shit at handling that aspect of their glamour system.

FF14's needs an overhaul stat. Should be like WoWs and be like 1000 gil per item or something.
    Actually FF14 is even easier than that now. There are seven ways to craft them, and 3/7 of the items to craft prisms are literally bought at a vendor now IIRC (and one or two more of them is crafted with vendor bought items). Undyed Velveteen is the cheapest, but crystal prices may make other alternatives better. The vendor materials for prisms are bought from beast tribes, but they can be unlocked immediately. The prisms you craft with silver are probably the most expensive and tedious versions you can make.

In fact their new glamour dresser system makes it so you can put an item inside of it, then apply them for free from then on, with the exception of having to go to an inn any time you want to adjust one of your 10 sets (the dresser itself holds up to 200 unique items as well accessing as any from armoire). The prisms also are craftable at level 20, I believe. They rarely go above 1,000 gil these days so it's probably cheaper than WoW now. The main drawback is that the 'glamour plates' can only be accessed in rest areas, though prisms continue to be able to be used directly anywhere.

My main issue with prisms on FFXIV was that they had 5 grades and 7 types, leading to a grand total of 35 different prisms. Eventually they reduced that to 7 types, and then at long last reduced it to 1 type fits all. Honestly I'd say they are in really good shape now. Glamour dresser isn't complete yet and could use some additional features, but I'd argue it's almost as good as WoW's transmog now, though very different. I'm certainly a fan of not being directly restricted by armor types in most cases, ha!

But hell, I am digressing badly on FFXIV when this is a thread about Guild Wars 2. My bad all, please disregard this.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-10-24 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Like SWTOR, it's on autopilot from developing company and relies on a small art team making new things for it's pay-real-money-for-stuff shop.

MMO games are pretty much Capitalism-ed to death, and we can thank Activision, Electronic Arts and various greedy, no-talent, lazy developers for the state of the genre.
    That is not at all the case, and the fact that you point to this as a reason tells me you haven't ever played it.

Every 2-3 months an update hits, which usually adds a new legendary weapon, a new chapter of story content, and a new zone.

10+ Year Old Account

Best to ignore and leave them be. Thankfully they aren't any representation of the good community GW2 actually has.
    Shade thrown in my direction, I feel great!
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-10-24 at 08:15 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played since a few months after launch. The game has had so many changes, and a couple xpacs, I feel that it's too far advanced for me to come back. I have no idea where to start or what to do anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Norvak View Post
    I haven't played since a few months after launch. The game has had so many changes, and a couple xpacs, I feel that it's too far advanced for me to come back. I have no idea where to start or what to do anymore.
    Had the same feeling but..I just bought Heart of Thorns, did the campaign slowly and caught up there with some Glider Mastery farming etc, took me about 2 weeks.

Then after that i simply bought Path of Fire (It was released 1 month earlier so it still kinda new) and spent the next 2 weeks leveling (masteries) there.

You shouldnt care much about not knowing things, its 99% irrelevant for GW2 if you dont plan to get into it seriously.

I mean, i found an old friend i havent spoken too in 5 years and after the first month there, after i had a clue (And character boosts!) i even joined a secondary guild raid run for fun.

Because the horizontal progression, while interesting, requires you to do all of the content in order to get it, and so when you finally get it, there's nothing left to do except repeat the content you just did ad nauseum, but with new shinies. Or you can just pay out the backside to get shinies for no effort. I got eternity and promptly stopped playing because I realized this.