Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norvak View Post
    I haven't played since a few months after launch. The game has had so many changes, and a couple xpacs, I feel that it's too far advanced for me to come back. I have no idea where to start or what to do anymore.
    Felt the same way whenever I would try to play GW2 again. Figured trying a new character would help but I don't know. There's just something really lacking with the game I can't quite put my finger on.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

never tried it, but its my understanding theres no end-game progression and its mostly collectible type stuff. nein for me in that regard. Most F2P games ive also avoided. I take that back, I dont play F2P games, ever.

though in guild wars case, thats always been their model and it wasnt conventional F2P whereas you had to always buy the game first so its not really a hurdle.

Ive been eyeballing where to go and what to muck with until pantheon, and GW2 was one of the shortlist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Felt the same way whenever I would try to play GW2 again. Figured trying a new character would help but I don't know. There's just something really lacking with the game I can't quite put my finger on.
    Nothing to breadcrumbs you from map to map besides the story, which you can only do it burst every 10 levels (main story that it)?

That's one of the top things I see with new players. If you're looking for direction then not much there. Some people like it because they have the freedom to play where they want, others feel like they are wondering around aimlessly.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

My problem is something like 13 years spent on wow. Repeating all that grind and investment...

A complete lack of interest.

With BfA sucking balls I will be back soon as I get my new laptop.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Mainly because it's not fun. It always felt like a game where you'd open your map and run to the next point. Spend a few minutes climing some walls and open your map again.

PvP was meh.

PvE even more meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no real guild I am apart of in Guild Wars 2. Also it is time. I do login momentarily when new content comes out so I at least get it for free.

I spent a lot of time learning to play pvp there. Now after 2 years of break I'll have to do the same again...that's the main reason I don'r start again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just feel like there isn't enough actual end-game content--there aren't that many raids or dungeons and even dungeons get so boring because it's just about people stacking rather than making decent team compositions. Instead, again, it's just stacking. I haven't played since a month into HoT so it might have changed but idk, I used to like the game a lot until I realized there really wasn't much to do aside from the Living World stuff which you can do under an hour and you have to wait again for the next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    games is casual as fuck everything is really easy and its pretty much handed to you even more so than modern WOW . thats why i dont play the game ( got to level 80 or close i play for like 3 weeks or so ) and it was so boring too damn casual and easy

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    games is casual as fuck everything is really easy and its pretty much handed to you even more so than modern WOW . thats why i dont play the game ( got to level 80 or close i play for like 3 weeks or so ) and it was so boring too damn casual and easy
    The open world is, at least in the old world. Heart of Thorns zones ramped up the challenge, and if you're 80 there's challenging content via raids and fractals (you have to work a bit to get to the harder fractals). But largely as with most games, the open world isn't supposed to be super challenging if you're a competent player.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Nothing to breadcrumbs you from map to map besides the story, which you can only do it burst every 10 levels (main story that it)?

That's one of the top things I see with new players. If you're looking for direction then not much there. Some people like it because they have the freedom to play where they want, others feel like they are wondering around aimlessly.
    I really can't pinpoint it, maybe it's just a lot of small things that add up.

I think of the talents and, at least to me, there's no clear path. I start a new character and remember that all resources are shared between them and that somehow makes me not want to play. I'll look at the classes, think I want to play, and having played WoW for 14 years, I go to research everything and I find the class mechanics and it bums me out because I think it looks interesting at face value in the game and it turns out to be needlessly complicated. There's probably more little things. Just can't think of anything else at the moment.

I'm not knocking the game. I had fun when it came out. It's just when I last tried to play after I quit WoW, all these little things add up for me.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I really can't pinpoint it, maybe it's just a lot of small things that add up.

I think of the talents and, at least to me, there's no clear path. I start a new character and remember that all resources are shared between them and that somehow makes me not want to play. I'll look at the classes, think I want to play, and having played WoW for 14 years, I go to research everything and I find the class mechanics and it bums me out because I think it looks interesting at face value in the game and it turns out to be needlessly complicated. There's probably more little things. Just can't think of anything else at the moment.

I'm not knocking the game. I had fun when it came out. It's just when I last tried to play after I quit WoW, all these little things add up for me.
    Honestly, you don't need to drill down super deep into the classes to do just fine - unless you're a mix/maxer. I'm bloody awful at the game for the most part and can still get through up to T3 fractals without issue (haven't bothered with T4 yet), and my baby necro is a bloody monster in T1's with exotic gear only. I have only a basic understanding of the classes I play (right now mainly guardian, ranger and necromancer), at best.

Traits aren't always super straight forward, and stats overall are a bloody mess, but thankfully sites like metabattle have a bunch of builds and guides to help point you in the right direction based off what you want to do. I base most of my builds off of those, but make tweaks here and there to fit my playstyle (my support guardian has some traits moved around to allow me to better use shouts to help fill gaps for some boons, for example).

As for resources being shared, it's actually a pretty big boon. You can use better geared characters to quickly farm currency needed for stuff on alts, or benefit from getting gold and other shit on alts you can also use on your main.

And to PACOX's breadcrumbs point - that's what the looking glass folks are mostly for on the maps. They exist to point you towards hearts and activities to get experience while providing some background lore context for the areas. They won't always lead you from zone to zone, but each zone has its level range clearly labeled on the map (and you can still get plenty of XP in low level zones) and it's usually pretty easy to find the zone lines as there's almost always a road leading to them visible on the map.

Not saying "YOU'RE WRONG" or anything, just hopefully being a bit helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    My problem is something like 13 years spent on wow. Repeating all that grind and investment...
    Yep. This.

My time invested in WoW pretty much stops me from fully diving into a new MMO, save for a one month or two playthrough. Closest ive got is SWTOR, then GW2. But yeah cant seem to drag myself away from the game ive invested so much time and energy in, and know like the back of my hand haha

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    Yep. This.

My time invested in WoW pretty much stops me from fully diving into a new MMO, save for a one month or two playthrough. Closest ive got is SWTOR, then GW2. But yeah cant seem to drag myself away from the game ive invested so much time and energy in, and know like the back of my hand haha
    It's kindof insidious if you think about it lol, undermine competition over years of dedication lol.

I might finally wrest myself free of WoW's talons now though, but if it'll be for FFXIV or GW2 is up in the air.

I don't know anyone who plays the game. If I could find a nice, friendly guild to level in I'd like to try playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I don't know anyone who plays the game. If I could find a nice, friendly guild to level in I'd like to try playing.
    I have a guild (NA). We raid, do guild missions, have discord, been around since launch, all of that. Most of us are lvl 80 but have no level restrictions.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Complete lack of support for Oceanic players. Action games with 250 ping are not fun. Such a shame, as I felt like I could enjoy the game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    It's kindof insidious if you think about it lol, undermine competition over years of dedication lol.

I might finally wrest myself free of WoW's talons now though, but if it'll be for FFXIV or GW2 is up in the air.
    I felt the same dude. But here I am after shit that is bfa. Didn't think that an expansion could turn out so bad that I would go looking for another mmorpg to play. I'm still picking between eso, ffxiv and gw2.