Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because i missed a whole bunch of living world already, 2 expansions behind, and not bothered anymore.
    It's a good game, but I don't really care to play catch-up at this point.

Already gave all my hoarded resources and items to a friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Friends that play and maybe time.

the only reason i don't play gw2 is because i enjoy wow more. though if blizz doesn't shape up soon, i might leave wow. i'm getting sick of so many systems that aren't being thought out past the first impression.

If they actually cared about PvP I would play. The so obviously do not... I will be playing WoW Classic!

the fact that my friends downloaded the game but couldnt join me on my realm because it was full. also the game even when its a good and fun game, is kinda vague on all kinds of information you easily find for wow without even needing to search on third party sites.

There was topic about the ban wave 8-9 month ago maybe not sure. When i checked my account i was also band and i havent played in last 2-3 month. Since this happed I dont give fuck about GW 2, good thing i didnt buy Path of Fire.

Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated for engaging in or assisting with gold or item sales for real-world money, which is a breach of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. This action is permanent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    the fact that my friends downloaded the game but couldnt join me on my realm because it was full. also the game even when its a good and fun game, is kinda vague on all kinds of information you easily find for wow without even needing to search on third party sites.
    Hmm. The only way you wouldn't be able to play with your friend is if you were in different regions (NA or EU) or you're in WvW. Even before they switched to the 'megaserver' system you could simply 'guest' to other servers.

The place to get information about the game is from its official wiki. Theres a command for the wiki built into the game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hmm. The only way you wouldn't be able to play with your friend is if you were in different regions (NA or EU) or you're in WvW. Even before they switched to the 'megaserver' system you could simply 'guest' to other servers.

The place to get information about the game is from its official wiki. Theres a command for the wiki built into the game.
    I didnt know about the servers, do you mean it doesnt matter anymore which server you are in? besides I dont think you can join a WvW battleground with friends from other servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    I didnt know about the servers, do you mean it doesnt matter anymore which server you are in? besides I dont think you can join a WvW battleground with friends from other servers.
    Servers do not except for WvW. So if your server is full you guys could do everything but WvW together.

Mostly lag. It's a solid game but holy crap I cannot get it to run on this dinosaur. It was also just a lot to learn coming from WoW, learning an MMO from the ground up was rough. I feel like coming back again would be as hard with all the stuff I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Mostly lag. It's a solid game but holy crap I cannot get it to run on this dinosaur. It was also just a lot to learn coming from WoW, learning an MMO from the ground up was rough. I feel like coming back again would be as hard with all the stuff I've missed.
    My computer is actually very good and I have the same issues. Idk if it's just that GW2 is ridiculously demanding, or horribly optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    My computer is actually very good and I have the same issues. Idk if it's just that GW2 is ridiculously demanding, or horribly optimized.
    It's still on DX9 and it still mostly runs on single core, so yes, horribly optimized.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I dont play, because there is no real Item-Progression. And exploring / style Gear farming isnt mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's still on DX9 and it still mostly runs on single core, so yes, horribly optimized.
    This. There's a mod that forced dx12 that's apparently pretty solid, and provided you've got the hardware for it brings a lot of performance improvements. But it's still a third party mod so use at your own risk (word is it's pretty solid/stable though, much like the mount/dps meter mods).

But damn do I wish they could get some proper dx11/12 support.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This. There's a mod that forced dx12 that's apparently pretty solid, and provided you've got the hardware for it brings a lot of performance improvements. But it's still a third party mod so use at your own risk (word is it's pretty solid/stable though, much like the mount/dps meter mods).

But damn do I wish they could get some proper dx11/12 support.
    I installed it today and HOLY SHIT the FPS improvements are massive.

Im running 1440p and in LA i was normally having 40-50FPS and even sometimes dropping to 30FPS. Now im having 60-70FPS in LA.

In open world i would normally get between 100-120FPS and sometimes 80FPS depending on map. Right now im in Siren's Landing and im constantly at 125-143FPS (RTSS lock on 143FPS).

All settings on high. Shaders on mid, because i don't like how the game looks with shaders on high. Just need to do a world boss now to test that
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    If you have a decent CPU you shouldn't have issues with GW2. It doesn;t take much to run it at max settings, its GPU strain is next to nothing, but that's how all MMO are nowadays. I have the i5 and run it easily with an old 1060 .

Im waiting for some Elite Specs with a dynamic proc/priority based rotation. I love GW2, but always lose interest inn the combat once i got the rotation down. Its just a snoozefest at that point for me.

3+ Year Old Account
    Somehow it didn't click with me as much as Final Fantasy XIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Im waiting for some Elite Specs with a dynamic proc/priority based rotation. I love GW2, but always lose interest inn the combat once i got the rotation down. Its just a snoozefest at that point for me.
    Theres specs where you set yourself up to do more damage/burst but procs like you see in WoW are too RNG for GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Theres specs where you set yourself up to do more damage/burst but procs like you see in WoW are too RNG for GW2.
    See, i dont get this "too rng" argument. What does that even mean. Games like FFXIV offer both types of gameplay, for example.You can have procs who dont do a shitload of damage but speed up the rotation or resource generation. Make it so you cant pair it up with too much burst via traits etc. When normalized Procs just net you good sustained damage, most persons arent that opposed to it. There could be even small ways like Rage Builders who have a range of resource they can generate instead of a fixed value. That would keep me more engaged than the current way of "memorize this sequence of button presses. oh you did that? congrats, your done." i dont feel any sense of mastery or skill.

Other examples would be procs to boost a certain weapon skill which is otherwise mostly useless for damage.
    The RPPM system from WoW showed that you can limit the forms of rng to tame levels and still have enough of it to spice things up.