Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As someone that has everything capped. The addition of mounts you have to unlock to get to certain places is both frustrating and unclear on when/where to acquire them. The roll mechanic is great however there is a ton of shit you simply don't get a heads up on the way I'd like to be able to make meaningful gameplay. The overcomplication of debuff stack limits. Pretty much all melee being better than ranged at every aspect of the game. Lack of a true endgame. Lack of gear making a large difference in character progression. The lack of a Tank healer dps structure means you're constantly having to deal with sporadic boss and trash movement, conditions going all over the place uncontrollably and making fights seem hectic and uncontrollable. WoW exists and is better in almost every way except art and world quest progression.

To me WoW starts at the endgame, whereas in Guild Wars 2, I find that world completion (questing) to be the biggest part of the game. Which is why people tend to get world completion and quit. WoW keeps you engaged with more focus on it's endgame and meaningful gear choices.
    Last edited by Dessicuus; 2020-05-06 at 10:07 PM.

Fairly sure that my new screen would allow me to play it without motion sickness kicking in, so I'm basically just waiting for my enjoyment of WoW to wear off and then I'll jump in, I'll treat it mostly as a single-player experience. I wanna see the mount system.

Not to mention that when I last played GW2, I had a potato for a computer. Not so much these days, so I can't wait to see the game for what it actually looks like. I still maintain that GW2 has one of the most beautiful art styles around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessicuus View Post
    As someone that has everything capped. The addition of mounts you have to unlock to get to certain places is both frustrating and unclear on when/where to acquire them. The roll mechanic is great however there is a ton of shit you simply don't get a heads up on the way I'd like to be able to make meaningful gameplay. The overcomplication of debuff stack limits. Pretty much all melee being better than ranged at every aspect of the game. Lack of a true endgame. Lack of gear making a large difference in character progression. The lack of a Tank healer dps structure means you're constantly having to deal with sporadic boss and trash movement, conditions going all over the place uncontrollably and making fights seem hectic and uncontrollable. WoW exists and is better in almost every way except art and world quest progression.

To me WoW starts at the endgame, whereas in Guild Wars 2, I find that world completion (questing) to be the biggest part of the game. Which is why people tend to get world completion and quit. WoW keeps you engaged with more focus on it's endgame and meaningful gear choices.
    I find it hard to believe you didn't know how or where to get the mounts. You can't actually play story mode and not end up with mounts.

The story is great, but I'm not a "collector", I'm more of a story or progression based player. I wanna feel my character get stronger through skill and gear. And once you have a couple of the legendaries and plenty of ascended gear, there isn't much else to do other than wait for more stories. But even those are so short, you can finish them in an evening or a couple of days.

Getting the mounts was fun, and I think they have by far the best mount system out of any game. I just wish they'd make them all relevant in some way before they added the flying one. My biggest personal gripe, there are players everywhere, but no clear way for new players to come back and find them. Most get discouraged before ever really getting into it. And even returning players. No true LFG system, elitists run rampant in the raiding and pvp communities, very few learning groups for raids or encounters.

In short, I just don't think they have enough meaningful content in their game to keep players playing. With WvW being a straight zerg, it doesn't promote small group play, only zerg strats. Battleground style PvP is frowned upon by most of the community because of all of the fotm players. The game could be so much more.

No "Appealing" outfits.

Tho it was 2-3 years since i last checked out their wardrobe, But i only found 1 decent outfit, Which was a halloween special even.

Also No mounts and rather slow combat, Ofc only talking about content up to level 30 and also 2 -3 years ago, dono if they've made any decent changes since then.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    No "Appealing" outfits.

Tho it was 2-3 years since i last checked out their wardrobe, But i only found 1 decent outfit, Which was a halloween special even.

Also No mounts and rather slow combat, Ofc only talking about content up to level 30 and also 2 -3 years ago, dono if they've made any decent changes since then.
    There are 8 mounts which all have their own unique ways of travelling. For example one glides over water, another is a rabbit that jumps high in the air. I have my problems with GW2 but their mounts are probably the best any MMO has to offer.

The combat is insanely fast paced at high levels of content, especially with the dodging and alacrity from Chronomancers (CD reduction of every ability) and permanent quickness you get from Firebrands (increased haste on all of your abilities). If you're not dodging certain abilities in challenge mode fractals you'll be downed guaranteed.

A lot of the outfits suck but they've got some gaudy ones. I'm using the Starborn Outfit right now which just looks insane. I'd still prefer it if they let players mix and match armour pieces from outfits instead of making them one piece that covers your entire body. They're so restrictive.

I've started playing GW2 again now I'm tired of WoW. 8.3 is hot trash and I'm just waiting for Shadowlands to drop.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2020-05-06 at 10:40 PM.

I never even hit the cap.

The biggest thing that really killed it for me was lack of numbers on health bars. How do I know how much health that enemy has? How do I know how well I'm doing?

There was a myriad of other annoyances, like the fixed speed on turning, terrible "jumping puzzles", etc.

I stopped playing a long time ago. I found information about new expansions. But I don't know if these changes are enough for me to start playing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I never even hit the cap.

The biggest thing that really killed it for me was lack of numbers on health bars. How do I know how much health that enemy has? How do I know how well I'm doing?

There was a myriad of other annoyances, like the fixed speed on turning, terrible "jumping puzzles", etc.
    Hmm.

Scaling in MMORPG have made numbers on HPs bares kind of irrelevant. GW2 does have percentages on its bars though. You actually can get exact numbers for bosses in GW2 through third parties, mainly pertaining to raid bosses, but it's still irrelevant.

Never had a turn speed issue in the game. Maybe if you have a locked camera and use melee assist? You can turn on a time others (except on mounts that why a more realistic movement system). Free came allows you to instantly turn your character.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I still haven’t gotten over them screwing my sniper deadeye to buff melee deadeye. Sniper deadeye is unplayable to me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Because most likely the ascended gear I aquired five years ago is still more or less BiS. No upgrades to chase except for those legendaries which are way too time consuming.

Also I like doung dungeons, and GW2 had alot of cool ones, but no reason to actually do them.

Now if I heard that there were new junping puzzles I would be back for sure, lol.

I feel like my movement was to compromised compared to WoW.
    I HATE invisible walls and not being able to jump on things like mailboxes, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    to be honest I got bored with it like right away I didn't even hit max level

for me its the whole auction house thing....i find it so hard to make any real gold to buy anything worth it

also knowing what states are good for each character

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, currently what is preventing me from coming back is the inability to reset my password, which I have forgotten in the 6-7 years since I last played the game...

This has honestly left me completely baffled. Me and some friends suddenly had the great idea to start playing again, together. We got all excited. I download the client and try to log-in, but must have forgotten my password during all those years. So I try to request a password reset, but they ask me to remember one of my character names. I mean, seriously? I can provide all the details like serial number, account name and number etc. but they ask for a character name? :/

So then the website tells me to simply open a ticket. With the way they write that piece of info, you'd be thinking they would be able to handle your ticket quite fast, right? No, WRONG. I'm waiting for 3 days now and still no answer. Meanwhile, my friends are playing and they are also unable to see my characters name because, well that would probably be too easy right?

So now I am unable to play, unable to contact them (can't call, they don't respond to tweets etc) and am left in the dark on how long I will have to wait for my password to reset. Worst customer support ever.
    What is worth fighting for?

15+ Year Old Account
    I can’t understand why a game released in 2012 still uses DirectX 9 while WoW from 2004 has supported DirectX 12. Outdated technologies with the bad optimisation for newer computers are the reason I don’t want to play frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Played around launch with friends, I stopped after a while. Came back with Heart of Thorns and again with Path of Fire, felt very overwhelming. Went back and started a fresh character, got into the game and stopped again. Felt like I missed out on a lot of story, what with missing the Living World S1, and not feeling like I want to buy S2 through the store.

- Controls felt clunky. Not sure if it was lag, but everything felt so sluggish; rolls wouldn't be as reactive as I thought they'd be, etc.

- Didn't really feel the games questing style. I prefer collecting a quest, getting it's story, completing the quest, and collecting reward; and bonus objectives being just that, a bonus objective. GW2 felt like a whole bunch of bonus objectives with story sprinkled via scenarios.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

- Got a job and realized it was way more convenient just to buy what I wanted through the cash shop.
    - Playing FFXIV and don't want to forget what's going on by playing 2 different things at once.

The games combat and leveling is just a huge turn off for me, i won't even lie, im extremely bad at this games combat. I understand you're supposed to combo into these buffs and extra damage but i just never could properly get it down and when i finally did get a little headway i'd always screw things up and it was just frustrating. Also leveling in the game is just extremely boring. I've made it to 80 on more than a few characters just to try and enjoy it with friends, but i never stay more than a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    The games combat and leveling is just a huge turn off for me, i won't even lie, im extremely bad at this games combat. I understand you're supposed to combo into these buffs and extra damage but i just never could properly get it down and when i finally did get a little headway i'd always screw things up and it was just frustrating. Also leveling in the game is just extremely boring. I've made it to 80 on more than a few characters just to try and enjoy it with friends, but i never stay more than a few days.
    Hard combat? You just auto-attack lol.