Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Well let's add some more then, especially for you ok?

Horrible solo experience
    Horrible dungeons with forced "No tank no healer, but the dungeons are still horrible"
    Zones are deserted, so if you don't get a group, some events are impossible
    Events that got removed from the game "because for the lulz"
    Cash store with gathering items
    Random content loot crates

Want anything else? Or are you done bashing people's opinion because people don't like your holy game?

Oh I forgot one!

Insanely fanatic fanbase that refuse to see anything wrong with the game
    As someone jumping over to GW2 as I cannot currently raid in WoW (which is forever my main game), I can say that "Zones are deserted, so if you don't get a group, some events are impossible" is demonstrably false as of Covid-19 times.

As for the opinions, meh. Different strokes. I'm having more fun leveling and pursuing mounts in GW2 right now than I've had in WoW for years. It's not gonna last though, I should be done and start getting bored by the time SL rolls out, if it ever does.

10+ Year Old Account

Horrible solo experience
    Horrible dungeons with forced "No tank no healer, but the dungeons are still horrible"

Want anything else? Or are you done bashing people's opinion because people don't like your holy game?

Oh I forgot one!

How can complain about a bad solo experience and zones being empty in the same complaint (even though both aren't true).

Complaining about the old trinity isn't in the game when it's been straight up that it doesn't have it. Ignoring that there's definitely healers in the game and you're not doing much endgame content without them.

Removed events? If you mean temporary stuff, what MMO does not have temporary events? Hell even some singleplayer games do.

Are we complaining about gathering tools that just make it so you don't have to refresh the normal tools which are practically free? All the unlimited tools do are save you a trip to a vendor.

Not sure why people complain about cosmetic loot boxes in 2020. Guessing devs aren't allowed to make money?

And how does players liking the game they play equal a strike against the game? Are they supposed to hate it play it?

Nobody particularly cares that you don't like the game. Preferences are preferences. Doesn't mean someone isn't going to scratch their head when claims are false or don't make much sense.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-08-20 at 02:35 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Nobody particularly cares that you don't like the game. Preferences are preferences. Doesn't mean someone isn't going to scratch their head when claims are false or don't make much sense.
    Clearly people care when there's a 31 page thread asking why people aren't coming back to the game. That and the fact that you, a fan of the game, have spent the last several pages trying to counter people's reasons for not enjoying the game.

Horrible solo experience

Oh I forgot one!

Someone questioning your double standards isn't "bashing people's opinion". Also I don't see any reason to continue conversation if all you do is lash out at anyone who bothered replying.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

so. the topic is "why aren't you returning" and "missing and dissapearing story content" is not a valid reason because you don't mind it?
    Didn't really say that, was just talking about comparisons to other games that have had more lost events than GW2 has. If you're still mad after 7 years though, way to hold a grudge.
    I'd say learn something about opinions..
    Nyah, it's a public discussion forum, not a blog. You're entitled to your opinion obviously, and I can also discuss that opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Clearly people care when there's a 31 page thread asking why people aren't coming back to the game. That and the fact that you, a fan of the game, have spent the last several pages trying to counter people's reasons for not enjoying the game.
    Mostly we're discussing the complaints because some of the stuff has been addressed over these last 8 years of gameplay. Someone may have an impression that doesn't fit anymore. Some people just don't like the game, so no biggie, but if other people are reading the thread, it's only fair to discuss some of the points that are particularly off at given times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As someone jumping over to GW2 as I cannot currently raid in WoW (which is forever my main game), I can say that "Zones are deserted, so if you don't get a group, some events are impossible" is demonstrably false as of Covid-19 times.
    The zones are generally decent population in general but some events just aren't popular EVER. Even with groupfinder, I've had no real luck with some of the events in Vabbi and Desolation for example. Almost all other events, plenty of folks.

As for the opinions, meh. Different strokes. I'm having more fun leveling and pursuing mounts in GW2 right now than I've had in WoW for years. It's not gonna last though, I should be done and start getting bored by the time SL rolls out, if it ever does.
    I played WoW up until Deathwing, with a peek back in once or twice since that never took. I kind of always liked wandering off the beaten path, like seeing a ore node off in the distance and then another and then realizing you're in the middle of nowhere. So GW2 fits me well, though I wish they had better/ more story. I like running around doing things, rather than killing 20 boars to find 6 ribs. I'd still be playing WoW though if it wasn't for the "don't Raid, you're a second class citizen". Now that GW2 has raids, there's a few elements of it there too, but not to the same level.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    The transmog feature of Guild Wars bothers me a lot, i hate how troublesome it is for me to get what i need just to change the look of my character, is like they really want to make it hard for those that like to constantly change their looks, also... i dislike that there are so many cool looks that are only in the store... (Thankfully wow don't have that many but even here, i hate it)

I had a lot of fun with the game I enjoyed the time I spent with it but I simply had my fill. I don't regret my purchase... it just feels "done" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Mostly we're discussing the complaints because some of the stuff has been addressed over these last 8 years of gameplay. Someone may have an impression that doesn't fit anymore. Some people just don't like the game, so no biggie, but if other people are reading the thread, it's only fair to discuss some of the points that are particularly off at given times.
    Oh definitely, but that's why it's strange to say that nobody cares.

I haven't played the game properly in ages (pre-HOT), but a couple of times I tried to give it another go the things that put me off are:

- inventory management (too much crap accumulating)
    - pretty toxic IMO spvp community (the second someone realises you are trying a build for fun rather than what is considered meta...)
    - lack of regular dungeons (I don't like the idea of fractals inthe same manner I don't like the idea of Mythic + in WoW)
    - and something that is entirely my fault: I am still bitter about the changes they did to the dailies system from way back in the day.

Having said that, I am re-installing it to give it another spin, let's see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I haven't played the game properly in ages (pre-HOT), but a couple of times I tried to give it another go the things that put me off are:

- inventory management (too much crap accumulating)
    - pretty toxic IMO spvp community (the second someone realises you are trying a build for fun rather than what is considered meta...)
    - lack of regular dungeons (I don't like the idea of fractals inthe same manner I don't like the idea of Mythic + in WoW)
    - and something that is entirely my fault: I am still bitter about the changes they did to the dailies system from way back in the day.

Having said that, I am re-installing it to give it another spin, let's see how it goes.
    If you haven't played since they consolidated drops a bit (a system from PoF), you don't get individual items but rather a green (or blue, or yellow) token item, that stacks, and then you click on them for individual items later. Certainly, doesn't solve, but does help when wandering around.

I also still grumble a bit about dailies, but since I don't get achievement points from them anymore, I don't pay as much attention as I used to.

I've found almost any game is much harder to get back into after a stretch than when first starting it. I keep thinking of hitting SW:TOR to see what's new since my last visit centuries ago, but then I have to refigure out how everything works! I also always forget that I filled one of my houses with holographic trees, so that's a bit of a shock, but still amusing so I leave them.

I wish games like these had a log of all major changes since your last log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

I wish games like these had a log of all major changes since your last log in.
    Yeap, agree 100%. Fortunately, for the more popular MMOs there are videos on Youtube for that, even thought it's not entirely the same as having the info embedded in-game.

Having "played" for about an hour yesterday (if you can call inventory management that), I would like to add another reason on the list of reasons for staying away: that "firewall" bug that apparently (as per the GW2 reddit) is becoming more and more widespread. I will still give the game a go for a few more days, but if it's as frequent and problematic as people say, then unfortunately it's no deal for me.

Yeap, agree 100%. Fortunately, for the more popular MMOs there are videos on Youtube for that, even thought it's not entirely the same as having the info embedded in-game.

Having "played" for about an hour yesterday (if you can call inventory management that), I would like to add another reason on the list of reasons for staying away: that "firewall" bug that apparently (as per the GW2 reddit) is becoming more and more widespread. I will still give the game a go for a few more days, but if it's as frequent and problematic as people say, then unfortunately it's no deal for me.
    As annoying as it is, it's just a pop up, it doesn't kick you out or anything and in my experience the last week of playing, it hasn't disrupted anything I was doing while playing aside from having to take the half second to close it and get it out of the way. If/when it does pop up, some days I don't get it at all, other's it's every 5-10 minutes for a while and then it stops....NO idea wtf is going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As annoying as it is, it's just a pop up, it doesn't kick you out or anything and in my experience the last week of playing, it hasn't disrupted anything I was doing while playing aside from having to take the half second to close it and get it out of the way. If/when it does pop up, some days I don't get it at all, other's it's every 5-10 minutes for a while and then it stops....NO idea wtf is going on there.
    Yeah, as I said I was just faffing with the inventory so I didn't notice any gameplay interference. Hopefully it's exactly as you said

The issue with a video is that it's various updates over time. SO maybe I played a year ago and you two years ago, and finding video's for what happened 9 months ago will help me, but not you, if that makes sense. But yeah, doubt any of the studio's care enough or see the issue.

OH! Is that what that is? I figured it was just more DDOS attacks. It hasn't caused any issues for me, just stupid. The Skimmer mount can now be trained to go underwater, and the quest chain isn't long, but glitchy. I should know better than trying new content on a patch day.

I haven't played since probably 6-8 months after launch and I have absolutely no idea where to even start with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I haven't played since probably 6-8 months after launch and I have absolutely no idea where to even start with anything.
    Good thing about GW2 (or bad) is that nothing goes out of style. You can start over or where you left off and be fine.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    There's only one portion of the story that is literally unplayable now (as in, you can't play it) and that's Living World Season 1. It's now just a cutscene you do in-between My Story and Living World Season 2. But everything else is there (as long as you buy the seasons).

There's nothing really to catch up on. The game does kind of tell you what the priority is as far as story quests and stuff so just start with that if you have no idea where to go. Otherwise just do map completion and take part in the events, take things at your own pace and enjoy the ride.

I have played a bit with GW2 again for the last couple of weeks, starting a new character just to get the hang of things and gradually learn the systems, currencies etc. Unfortunately, it reminded me one of the main things I disliked about this game when I first played it back on release: all the viable builds for group content (other than the easy world bosses) need to be melee. In the grand scheme of things, it is what it is, the game was built from the beginning to be like that. However, if I ever decide to try "proper" group content I will definitely miss the longbow on my noobie ranger.

The constant disconnects during Story instances that have been going on for 3+ years for me.

Its just never jelled with me since I am a healer player. I haven't played since the added the trinity though.