Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyDx View Post
    The constant disconnects during Story instances that have been going on for 3+ years for me.
    I haven't heard anything about this. Is this actually a thing or are you just talking about the annoying pop-ups that SAY you've been disconnected?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I haven't heard anything about this. Is this actually a thing or are you just talking about the annoying pop-ups that SAY you've been disconnected?
    where it disconnects a story mission or a living world mission and you have to start all over.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I don't get them constantly but I've had it on occasion. I've also had NPCs bug out during story instances and being unable to continue, thus having to reset them. In the grand scheme of things it's not the worst ever but I'll admit I've been very annoyed a few times at having to do a long story instance all over again from the start because the game screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyDx View Post
    where it disconnects a story mission or a living world mission and you have to start all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I don't get them constantly but I've had it on occasion. I've also had NPCs bug out during story instances and being unable to continue, thus having to reset them. In the grand scheme of things it's not the worst ever but I'll admit I've been very annoyed a few times at having to do a long story instance all over again from the start because the game screwed up.
    Yeah after I saw the post I looked it up and it does seem to be a problem for some people, where story missions are practically unplayable.

Is this known to be an issue with the game itself or is it a technical issue between the user and the game client caused by something under the hood, so to speak. It really doesn't seem to be a wide spread issue, based on what I saw on the forums, which is usually indicative that it's not a game problem and more of some weird glitch or issue with certain users and their specific situation or set-up.

If this were happening to me regularly, I'd stop playing too, but only after I tried doing some stuff to fix it.

Nothing
    Ive been logging every single day for the past 2 Months...

And i was loving it so much and feeling so good with myself...that i made a stupid "Goodbye" thread on MMO-C...sorry

I made so many friends...and lived so many adventures ingame...i wish i could share them...

Love from Guild Wars 2 <3 best game ever

Ridiculous levels of microtransactions. Can't even get away with basic things like having enough character slots for all classes, or reasonable bank space without paying up.
    Completely gored artstyle thanks to all that christmas tree effect, dumb looking, shitty facebook asian mobile mmo tier wings and similar MTX. Can't immerse myself with all that clownshit going around.
    Devs being more concerned about having more microtransactions than players, instead of fixing the game issues, adding new content more often than once a year, heard a lot about technical issues going around and disconnects.

Overall, the simple answer is ArenaNet/NCsoft. They disregard the game and is more concerned about adding more shiny clownshit into the store than focusing on the game itself. Which is a shame, because on the surface, this was exactly my kind of MMO.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My character has mostly asceded gear and the content stream being as slow as it is isn't helping. There's literally nothing to do but grind near endless amounts of mats for legendaries that are barely an upgrade. Even when the new expansion comes my character won't be needing any upgrades to be functional. The fact that the only interesting cosmetics like mounts and armor sets are loot box items makes it even worse.

The same thing that GW2 prides itself on: Static gear. Before you even get Ascended gear it becomes a grind, and once you have all Ascended gear it enters the ACTUAL grind for legendaries, which aren't worth the grind. So you effectively become BiS for the games lifecycle. While I enjoy jumping up, absorbing up loot and dismantling it for mats it feels empty as I'm still never progressing my character at all. Exploring is fun, combat is good (If not a little wonky due to shitty balance decisions hitting both PVE and PVP), but progression is halted very quickly and that's a bummer.

to be perfectly honest? I'm not entirely sure. I used to play it a LOT, lost most of the interest when they changed daily meta from zones of your choice and a ton of different activities to a lot fewer activities in specific zones and very few solo pve choices. what was left was really dented via Heart of thorsn which i STILL regret buying.

I used to run around the world and still complete those extras and I felt like I was accomplishing more, and now... i don't know... I went back to running around the world, but it just didn't hold me as much. last time GW2 sucked me in, was during super adventure box. I spent a few hours running around it only to realize that the main reason it sucked me in was because it reminded me of Spyro. and then I just went to play Spyro.

Combat that gets boring fast, regardless of how many barrel rolls I do. 6 buttons at a time is not fun... No RP interactions... you can't even sit in a chair... and of course, too anime for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    6 buttons at a time is not fun...
    10 at minimum.
    you can't even sit in a chair
    Yeah, there's even an achievement for not being able to sit on 42 different chairs. Oh wait...
    You are going to try harder if you want to troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    to be perfectly honest? I'm not entirely sure. I used to play it a LOT, lost most of the interest when they changed daily meta from zones of your choice and a ton of different activities to a lot fewer activities in specific zones and very few solo pve choices. what was left was really dented via Heart of thorsn which i STILL regret buying.

I used to run around the world and still complete those extras and I felt like I was accomplishing more, and now... i don't know...
    I am not sure if "glad" is the right word to use, but either way it's interesting to find others still holding the same beef like myself about those changes for exactly the same reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post

10 at minimum
    My bad, 10... 1 is auto-attack so you don't press it unless you're a noob. 2-5 (4 buttons) you actually push in combat. 6 when you need a heal or at times a tiny buff. 7-9 are varying cooldowns, 10 is either a form or a long cooldown. So my point stands, you're really ever pressing around 6 buttons within the 30 second to 5 minute combat window, everything else is either on cooldown or auto-attack. And flipping to another weapon doesn't change the fact, it's still 6 buttons in your combat window.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah, there's even an achievement for not being able to sit on 42 different chairs. Oh wait...
    You are going to try harder if you want to troll.
    That must have been added after I stopped playing (around the time when the Revenant class was announced)

I could never sit in a chair properly at launch +2 years.

And that's just the chair. What about emotes? Have they actually added emotes? Are there actual emotes besides /wave, /laugh, /sit, /stand? I'd be shocked if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Greetings champions, good to see you, as always.

This is a question for those who do not play Guild Wars 2 - either people that have already played it, or those who didn't try the game yet and lack something to try it.

What's preventing you from coming back or playing this game?
    GW2 was a good part of my mid-Cataclysm-to-Legion-announcement WoW hiatus, where I sampled the MMO boom, to eventually learn that WoW is at the top for a reason.

We enjoyed GW2 for its opening months, but eventually left because while the open world presentation was quite nice, it was also miscast as a place to put the (again, early months) late game "challenge" in the game. When the big "get good" challenges in the game included "can you get from point A to B on the overworld map," that's when they lost me. The open world is there to explore and enjoy, not to stop you from seeing what's around the next corner based on "twitch skills." Also I have a personal disgreement with "action combat" in an RPG. I'm more a "bang my numbers against enemy numbers" RPGer. Challenge my character, not me, you know?

I realize that was like a decade or so ago now, but that's why we left and it was a dent in trust that I personally never recovered from. When the open world exploration is asking you to "get good," the game is asking too much. If that's not intrinsically understood by the vision of the game, I can't trust it. Oh sure, I could potentially learn those skills, as I'm sure I have in WoW, but I wasn't interested in "becoming an expert" at this game that was just a stop on a tour. So we moved on, returned to WoW (after trying a few other games) and have never looked back at GW2 since.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-09-24 at 09:32 PM.

My bad, 10... 1 is auto-attack so you don't press it unless you're a noob. 2-5 (4 buttons) you actually push in combat. 6 when you need a heal or at times a tiny buff. 7-9 are varying cooldowns, 10 is either a form or a long cooldown. So my point stands, you're really ever pressing around 6 buttons within the 30 second to 5 minute combat window, everything else is either on cooldown or auto-attack. And flipping to another weapon doesn't change the fact, it's still 6 buttons in your combat window.
    Yeah, let's forget 1-4 class buttons, that are pressed actively on every class except some specs (hence why I said at minimum). Let's forget that heals can be part of rotation (Signet of the Ether for example). Let's forget that 7-9 might also be summoned weapons or engineering kits. Let's forget that not all elites have long CD (Jaunt has 20s cooldown for example). Let's forget that some specs even use dodge in rotation.

Also, sorry, what are you comparing it to? Last time I checked WoW had like 4 rotational buttons, FFXIV from 3 to 7 that are used in straight succession, so could have been collapsed to 1-3 buttons without any loss.
    And that's just the chair. What about emotes? Have they actually added emotes? Are there actual emotes besides /wave, /laugh, /sit, /stand? I'd be shocked if they did.
    Is it so hard to check wiki before posting?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

There were plenty of emotes, so not sure how you missed them. Did you never play Mad King Says?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I don't know, really. Perhaps because it has gotten lonely after my friends left?

Once had a guild and a RL friend that used to play... but the guild disbanded and the RL friend left to do RL stuff. Fair enough- so I left, too.

I still remember much of what made the game so fun back then. First World Boss, first dungeon, first time exploring Rata Sum, first time getting the clock tower JP until my eyes were red and it was half past 2. All great memories.

But that's the past and the people whom I shared it with have moved on.

In order to enjoy this game again like back then, I'd have to go through the process of finding another guild again and befriending the people there. Well, that just seems too great of an emotional investment, at least at the moment.
    Last edited by Lodravel; 2020-09-25 at 04:18 PM.

The fact that it sucks.

Limited character slots. I'd play a whole lot if I could create more alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    so I was digging through my old games the other day, n came across Guild Wars 2, just laying there, got nostalgic.

Should I return?