Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Guild wars 2 is pretty amazing the only thing it is truly missing is proper organized group content like dungeons raids and proper roles, you can specialize into healing and defensive buffs so pretty much anybody can be a support role with any class. I've taken it up for a few months at a time each expansion that came out but unless they're willing to actually hunker down and start making roles that feel like proper RPG roles just going to linger is a non-competitive MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Guild wars 2 is pretty amazing the only thing it is truly missing is proper organized group content like dungeons raids and proper roles, you can specialize into healing and defensive buffs so pretty much anybody can be a support role with any class. I've taken it up for a few months at a time each expansion that came out but unless they're willing to actually hunker down and start making roles that feel like proper RPG roles just going to linger is a non-competitive MMO.
    One of the main selling points of the base game a move away from old trinity in that there was no dedicated heals or tanks but support was definitely a thing.

Fast forward...the game has specs dedicated to tanking and healing since it's first expansion. Raids and fractals are organized group content where you will see healers, support, tanks, etc. In WvW you have role based setups. Even in pug pvp you aren't getting too far without specific roles being filled.

I think you are mistaken about a lot of aspects of the game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I never liked it in the first place. Quit after a few weeks. Found it boring. It's hard to convince me of giving a game a second chance, especially after being burned by some many games that have allegedly improved, only to still suck.

The classes archtype I normally focus on (warrior) is boring as hell and the other (Paladin) I dont care for the spell effects

Lack of end game.

PvP is a cluster.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    One of the main selling points of the base game a move away from old trinity in that there was no dedicated heals or tanks but support was definitely a thing.

Fast forward...the game has specs dedicated to tanking and healing since it's first expansion. Raids and fractals are organized group content where you will see healers, support, tanks, etc. In WvW you have role based setups. Even in pug pvp you aren't getting too far without specific roles being filled.

I think you are mistaken about a lot of aspects of the game.
    I know about all of that stuff, however they could still add those roles and still keep it largely the same. It is still a fun game regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just dont like that their updates to the game are "living story" based and if you miss out on them, you miss out on them forever. that and the gear progression is nonexistent. its extremely cookie cutter. you dont actually feel stronger. like i'll play it ever now and then but its purely for shits and giggles. not taking it as a serious MMO. because its all cosmetic based.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    i just dont like that their updates to the game are "living story" based and if you miss out on them, you miss out on them forever. that and the gear progression is nonexistent. its extremely cookie cutter. you dont actually feel stronger. like i'll play it ever now and then but its purely for shits and giggles. not taking it as a serious MMO. because its all cosmetic based.
    Season 1 is the only living story that is inaccessible mostly, but apparently some episodes are playable via a hub in latest season. Other living story episodes are free if you log in when they are current, otherwise they will cost 200 gems each (800 gems = 10 euros).

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    - I only tried GW1 when it released, played it for 30 minutes until I hit an invisible wall in front of a lake (you couldn't go into water?). Inacceptable. Uninstalled it and never looked at it again. Is this still a thing in GW2?
    As this wasn't addressed: no, GW2 is completely different and this was one of the bigger reasons why they opted to make second game instead of supporting the first one. You are mostly free to go anywhere you want in GW2 and pretty much the only invisible walls you are going to run in are map borders if you do any sort of map breaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    The living story system is confusing/ill informed but they still give you content games where others ask for a sub or some sort of buy in upfront (WoW and ESO in mind). Even F2P players get the LW episodes (though you need expansions to play the maps)

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Season 1 is the only living story that is inaccessible mostly, but apparently some episodes are playable via a hub in latest season. Other living story episodes are free if you log in when they are current, otherwise they will cost 200 gems each (800 gems = 10 euros).
    thats about where i stopped then. after i found out i was fucked on the season 1 it was a hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    No holy trinity. I don't care about being DD. I wanna heal or tank in pve so GW2 is not for me. Also no wpvp so world feels kinda lacking for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    No holy trinity. I don't care about being DD. I wanna heal or tank in pve so GW2 is not for me. Also no wpvp so world feels kinda lacking for me.
    Always hillarious that they were so proud that they got rid of that, as if it was some big conspiracy that all MMO had it and they cracked the code in getting rid of it.

Then it turned out their group content was absolutly broken in all the wrong ways because of this removal and they had to backtrack.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Always hillarious that they were so proud that they got rid of that, as if it was some big conspiracy that all MMO had it and they cracked the code in getting rid of it.

Then it turned out their group content was absolutly broken in all the wrong ways because of this removal and they had to backtrack.
    Indeed. I really hope other upcoming big MMOs will not do that mistake. Some MMOs already have done it in minor scale (like ESO).

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Indeed. I really hope other upcoming big MMOs will not do that mistake. Some MMOs already have done it in minor scale (like ESO).
    I don't mind the trinity, though I don't miss it really, but hated the Gear Treadmill, so hopefully that stays away.

That said, I'm pretty sure the Age of MMO's is over for now, other than the new style of shoot&loot or whatever they call it, I don't think we're going to see any more WoW/GW2/ESO/TOR style games any time soon. (Won't say forever, since everything gets recycled obviously.)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I don't mind the trinity, though I don't miss it really, but hated the Gear Treadmill, so hopefully that stays away.

That said, I'm pretty sure the Age of MMO's is over for now, other than the new style of shoot&loot or whatever they call it, I don't think we're going to see any more WoW/GW2/ESO/TOR style games any time soon. (Won't say forever, since everything gets recycled obviously.)
    There is literally multible MMOs in the making atm. And biggest of them all is probably Ashes of Creation which is oldschool MMO similar to WoW but with many different mechanics that come from older MMOs. Currently it looks like MMOs are coming back in mainstream.

Heck, even Zenimax/microsoft seem to have started making new MMO game.

The game just doesn't feel good at all to me, and while it didn't look bad when it came out, its visuals are really showing their age.

10+ Year Old Account
    having a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    having a brain.
    That sounds rich coming from LFR defender.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The graphics are so out of date it hurts my eyes and I just don't feel it's worth the money to buy an expansion to such an old game that really isn't up to date.

The game was amazing at release, but the graphics and mechanics were simply old too fast.

Not solo friendly.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.