Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The End Game Community is what made me stopped coming back since i first tried the game several years ago.

Never again with that Community.

NEVER!

I tried to unlock hero pts but there are no trains like there used to be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    To answer the thread title:

I started playing GW2 a long time ago, around that time when PoF has been announced.
    I loved every moment of it, I even canceled my WoW sub for that few months while I was playing GW2.
    I hit max level, PoF got released, been playing a few more months and I then realized that how much I miss something a similar gear system as in WoW.
    I just don't like the idea of having like 3 types of gear, weak -> strong -> a bit stronger.

The legendaries and the crafting itself is pretty awesome, but the legendary gear's stats are also the same as Ascended gear?

I stopped playing because I didn't feel like my playtime contributes into my character's strength.
    I can play 24 hour a day every day, I will be still the same as anyone else on the server.

I stopped playing and came back multiple times but probably not going to touch the game again.

At least not until they introduce a gear progression system... and why they'd do that?
    Their playerbase likes the current system as it is.
    This is very fair. Unlikely that they would ever add a new tier of gear, it's one of their selling. Even the one that added that's only marginally better than what was shipped with the game was a bit controversial.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Mounts only being available if you purchase Path of Fire. Literally the only reason I haven't gone back to the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Mounts only being available if you purchase Path of Fire. Literally the only reason I haven't gone back to the game yet.
    Why though? They're not needed until you hit PoF content, and they're not traditional "you go faster" mounts. Like, yeah you do go faster on most (not the hopper or skimmer, at least not when the skimmer is on land) unless you compare to someone with swiftness, but they exist to perform specific functions and get you to places in PoF, and are just utility thereafter.

GW2 probably has one of the only interesting mount systems in MMO's. They exist for a reason, not just because "every MMO has mounts".

GW2 having no subscription makes for the perfect game to just hop on and play whenever you feel like it, sometimes I play for a few days then play wow again. Had some phases where I played a few months regularly (usually when new xpac is released) or a few weeks for new content patches.

I just finished unlocking my last champion mastery today after playing 1-3 hours a week for the past month and will probably take a break from it until EoD unless something interesting happens in between. I'm not that much into the legendary system, my main character is full ascended and that's good enough for me. Also have all mounts unlocked.

Game is super fun when you find something to enjoy in it, combat is amazing and really addictive imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why though? They're not needed until you hit PoF content, and they're not traditional "you go faster" mounts. Like, yeah you do go faster on most (not the hopper or skimmer, at least not when the skimmer is on land) unless you compare to someone with swiftness, but they exist to perform specific functions and get you to places in PoF, and are just utility thereafter.

GW2 probably has one of the only interesting mount systems in MMO's. They exist for a reason, not just because "every MMO has mounts".
    I'm a mount collector in every MMO I play. It's a shallow and petty reason but seeing people on mounts and knowing I can't get access to them without buying Path of Fire just keeps me from playing.

Question for people still playing, I stopped playing during PoF and while I enjoy the game I just can't find a hook that isn't exploration and crafting.

My question being, What has been added since then? I heard the whole GW3 cancellation thing and thats about it. Is it still only PoF content?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Question for people still playing, I stopped playing during PoF and while I enjoy the game I just can't find a hook that isn't exploration and crafting.

My question being, What has been added since then? I heard the whole GW3 cancellation thing and thats about it. Is it still only PoF content?
    There's a few living stories to do if you havn't done any, however you'd have to buy them if you havn't logged in during the time it was free. They are all pretty decent except for the last wich is Champions in my opinion.

Currently they are having some episodes of LW S2 for free every week if you don't have them it's worth logging in and going through them. If you don't the mounts it might be something to work towards, they aren't hard to get but it's grindy.

What is blocking me from playing GW2 or anything from Arena is the woke crowd among their ranks. Is disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a mount collector in every MMO I play. It's a shallow and petty reason but seeing people on mounts and knowing I can't get access to them without buying Path of Fire just keeps me from playing.
    Its an expansion feature in a B2P tied to the games sense of horizontal progression. The expansions might as well be be standalone games where progression carries over and you're asking them just give you part of it for free. That's not fair.

I was never really interested in Fashionwars. I think it's a poor excuse for no meaningful content. After getting legendary armor and weapons it made even less sense. POF only kept me interested for a few weeks. I hate the mindless map grinds and the story sucks. I've done all the dungeons and fractals. There's just nothing left to engage in that I haven't done a countless times. PvP isn't too great either, the community is unbelievably bad and toxic at the same time. Other times you just get steamrolled with players who know what they are doing. Isn't that much fun on either side. WvW was a bore-fest from the beginning.

I'll still check out the new expansion. It's not a bad game and sometimes even really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    What is blocking me from playing GW2 or anything from Arena is the woke crowd among their ranks. Is disgusting.
    Arenanet is probably the least 'woke' studio in the industry. They openly represent many people in a very natural way without asking or calling attention to any of it. Theyve been like that for years. It's not being 'woke' its accurate representation. As it should be.

Funny people will both call Arenanet toxic/misogynistic or some "SJW" insult because of when they fired Jessica Price. Anet fired a problematic employee and two opposite sides manage to paint themselves as a victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    There's a few living stories to do if you havn't done any, however you'd have to buy them if you havn't logged in during the time it was free. They are all pretty decent except for the last wich is Champions in my opinion.

Currently they are having some episodes of LW S2 for free every week if you don't have them it's worth logging in and going through them. If you don't the mounts it might be something to work towards, they aren't hard to get but it's grindy.
    They've been giving away a free episode a week (with some gap weeks) all summer. They are currently in the middle of season 3 (of 5) I think.

I could understand this if there was a subscription, but it's literally extra content you pay for once and you're done. If you want to collect mounts in a game you want to play, why wouldn't you spend 30 bucks? A WoW expansion costs more than that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post

GW3 wasn't a thing in development. The game always runs on a loop. New story that comes with a map, new skins to get, etc. If you quit during POF then there's probably 2 new raid wings, 3 mounts, 3 living world seasons, a few fractals and strikes (think intro raid bosses) that you haven't seen.

I played at launch max crafted best stuff I could get. Parked my character outside of the final story boss dungeon or whatever it was at the time and never logged back in. I tried a few months back but the controls the skills / weapons (which is why I won't play a new world) it looked heavily dated and the overall lack of PvE content I was more than glad to uninstall and never consider it again.

I honestly kinda thought by now they would do a third game. I watched a friend play gw1 I played through 2 I've kinda had my fill if they stay with the same direction. Tab target non gcd locked combat is a big seller to me.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I could understand this if there was a subscription, but it's literally extra content you pay for once and you're done. If you want to collect mounts in a game you want to play, why wouldn't you spend 30 bucks? A WoW expansion costs more than that...
    I'm kind of jealous because they could spend just $30 now and get all 3 expansions and more than half of the content that's in between (free if you long in when it comes out, otherwise you have to pay for it).

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Its an expansion feature in a B2P tied to the games sense of horizontal progression. The expansions might as well be be standalone games where progression carries over and you're asking them just give you part of it for free. That's not fair.
    I literally admitted it's a shallow and petty reason, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I haven't bought a WoW expansion with my own money since Cataclysm. I don't have a proper income due to being disabled so I haven't been able to buy the GW2 expansions. And I also said I acknowledge it's not a great reason but it's still MY reason.

Primary thing I've had with GW2, after several months, is the combat puts me to sleep.
    I try to get back into it and ZZzzzZzzz.....
    Maybe that's just me?

I have no such issue with WoW and FF14, for reference.

They've been giving away a free episode a week (with some gap weeks) all summer. They are currently in the middle of season 3 (of 5) I think.
    That's amazing, thought it was only for S2, it's even better then!