Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    That's amazing, thought it was only for S2, it's even better then!
    It also involves a bunch of new achievements (which, per episode, come down to "spend time in the map and replay the story") that culminates in free Legendary amulet and a free gen3 legendary precursor. This particular string of achievements is a permanent addition to the game, no FOMO involved.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

i am lost , dont know where to start , never seem to find new players to share and start to play ^^

I tried it several times and bought the first 2 xpacs when they were on sale and leveled all my characters to max level then went and bought the 2nd best gear from the auction house and sat there with nothing to do, so I leveled another character and did the same thing with them and then again sat at max level with nothing to do. So I don't know think the game is for me in general since there is no real end game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing really. I might give it another try during lulls in my other MMO tbh.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    forgot my login info

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I haven't bought a WoW expansion with my own money since Cataclysm. I don't have a proper income due to being disabled so I haven't been able to buy the GW2 expansions. And I also said I acknowledge it's not a great reason but it's still MY reason.
    Fair enough, man. That's actually a very legitimate reason not to buy something, so I don't disagree with you. I would just say that THAT is the primary reason you aren't coming back, not the cash. All good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean besides the 500ms minimum I get from Australia? Or the extreme Fear Of Missing Out/You Had To be There design philosophy?
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I'm a mount collector in every MMO I play. It's a shallow and petty reason but seeing people on mounts and knowing I can't get access to them without buying Path of Fire just keeps me from playing.
    If you're a collector then PoF should be pretty great, at least if you get the living story stuff. You get all the baseline mounts (raptor, hopper, skimmer, dog) and then can work on earning the optional mounts (gryphon, beetle, cat, dragon) which don't really do anything "new", but just slightly different ways of doing things. They can get a bit expensive but it's not too grindy and the collections take you all over the game.

They're simply not needed until you reach PoF, the world wasn't designed around them so their movement abilities aren't necessary. Though they do make getting around the rest of the base game/HoT zones much faster/more enjoyable since most of them deliver speed or give you the ability to go over/up certain obstacles without needing to find the "right way".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    You mean besides the 500ms minimum I get from Australia? Or the extreme Fear Of Missing Out/You Had To be There design philosophy?
    What FOMO design? The Living Story system hasn't been that way for literal years. You just have to log in while a story chapter is active, and it's unlocked on your account to be played at your leisure.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

I'm a mount collector in every MMO I play. It's a shallow and petty reason but seeing people on mounts and knowing I can't get access to them without buying Path of Fire just keeps me from playing.
    Aside from requiring Path of Fire, most of the mount skins are gem store items, so it'd just be grinding gold to buy another skin anyway. The mounts are very cool things though, with actual differences vs "this one flies, that one doesn't". I do get the collector aspect, but I've always been more of a "get the thing that feels right for that character" rather than "gotta catch 'em all" for myself.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Arenanet is probably the least 'woke' studio in the industry. They openly represent many people in a very natural way without asking or calling attention to any of it. Theyve been like that for years. It's not being 'woke' its accurate representation. As it should be.

Funny people will both call Arenanet toxic/misogynistic or some "SJW" insult because of when they fired Jessica Price. Anet fired a problematic employee and two opposite sides manage to paint themselves as a victim.
    Accurate representation? A fantasy land with trans individuals? Not really no, In the sense that our world is not the same as other fantasy land. Are you going to lump BLM inside too? its just spreading their woke message, I would argue that out of the biggest mmo companies Anet is the wokest. You mentioned individuals like Jessica Price(which I wasn't aware, that is now the nail in coffin) but also Jennifer Scheurle, If you think those sickos are the anomaly I would argue that they are actually the norm in that company which is why I prefer not to support them. On the side of story, gameplay wise I forgot to mention that GW2 doesn't have a holy trinity so battling monsters feels like a disaster.

Also I just remember that while the game looked great at the time now it doesn't look so hot. And in terms of how battles flow, I don't feel when my spells hit. I played a necromancer and aside from when you go full Venom(the black thing Idk what it was called) most skills didn't feel impactful.

The following is purely nitpicking and it is just " its a me thing not you": The art style was good back then but now along with its graphics it looks cheap. Even in Ultra settings. The non human races with the exception of the tiger humans all look dumb and uninspiring, there are no new races to play as, so my characters are all a combination of women and men and female and male tigers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    Accurate representation? A fantasy land with trans individuals? Not really no, In the sense that our world is not the same as other fantasy land. Are you going to lump BLM inside too? its just spreading their woke message, I would argue that out of the biggest mmo companies Anet is the wokest. You mentioned individuals like Jessica Price(which I wasn't aware, that is now the nail in coffin) but also Jennifer Scheurle, If you think those sickos are the anomaly I would argue that they are actually the norm in that company which is why I prefer not to support them. On the side of story, gameplay wise I forgot to mention that GW2 doesn't have a holy trinity so battling monsters feels like a disaster.

Also I just remember that while the game looked great at the time now it doesn't look so hot. And in terms of how battles flow, I don't feel when my spells hit. I played a necromancer and aside from when you go full Venom(the black thing Idk what it was called) most skills didn't feel impactful.

The following is purely nitpicking and it is just " its a me thing not you": The art style was good back then but now along with its graphics it looks cheap. Even in Ultra settings. The non human races with the exception of the tiger humans all look dumb and uninspiring, there are no new races to play as, so my characters are all a combination of women and men and female and male tigers.
    You said it in your first statement. It's a fantasy world. They created. If they want a non-binary dragon then they can have one. Because it's a made up world. There's no difference between someone putting down a characters sexual orientation on their RPG character background sheet than saying their character grew up a begger - both are merely descriptors about a character that may or may not be motivators. Is it being 'woke' to say a character came from noble lineage or has a wife and 3 kidd? No. So any other variation in a characters background is not 'woke'. It's creators reaching into a grab bag of human traits and descriptions to create characters.

Its definitely a you think if you think maintaining a diverse stable of characters has anything with Anet trying to get into some sociopolitical internet nonsense.

Anet has told stories from often unused/underutilized settings since their first game. GW1 Factions and Nightfall are fantasy games that used uncommon backdrops. No one called them 'work' or accused them of whatever back then.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Y'all, this isn't the forum to discuss gender issues/identity etc. even if it's related to the game. Please keep discussion on the game and off those forbidden topics, thanks.

Good news! For a limited time you can now get a free digital copy of Path of Fire by purchasing a dell laptop:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...series-laptop/

Not sure why anyone in their right mind would buy a $1,300-1700 laptop just because it came with a digital copy of an expansion that is basically over but I saw it on the launcher and figured maybe someone in this thread might have needed to get a new laptop anyway.

I'm curious how many active players don't purchase the expansions cause I don't see many people who would happen to see the launchers notice in the 2 months its available using the offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    NGL, that laptop is priced well. Desktops will always have their advantages but if you looking for a new gaming laptop, it's not bad (I don't know Dell's build quality).

Apparently Anet paid some WoW player to play GW2 ads. I don't think think they want to do full sponsored streams but they are going for exposure.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    What is there to come back to? The leveling is great, but once you're capped, the gear is easy to obtain. Afaik they added some sort of raiding since I last played but I've heard from sources I personally trust that they're not much of a challenge either.

Also holy shit miss me with that vertical gameplay in the thorns expansion, HORRIBLE.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    What is there to come back to? The leveling is great, but once you're capped, the gear is easy to obtain. Afaik they added some sort of raiding since I last played but I've heard from sources I personally trust that they're not much of a challenge either.

Also holy shit miss me with that vertical gameplay in the thorns expansion, HORRIBLE.
    The vertical gameplay is really nice with skyscale/griffon so working towards those collections will give you something to do.
    Unlocking all masteries if you havn't yet takes quite a while too.

10+ Year Old Account
    no oceanic server, lacking that, not even a west coast server.

no ui customization

bad fps (may fix with dx11??? lulz) dx12 wrapper mod helps but not good enough
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I am playing and enjoying it right now working on my masteries and PVP reward tracks, but as usual I'll end up stopping at some point.

For me there's a couple of things:
    - FPS, it's not even that it's FPS. I get > 130 FPS in most areas outside of main cities. It's just this kind of feeling of input lag that I get when you turn your character or camera etc... it feels like you're getting 20-30 FPS but infact your FPS might be 100+. Weird feeling.
    - So many profession icons, I wish they colour coded the base professions in the UI so that in PVP you can tell what you're fighting at a quick glance. I know with experience you learn the icons/abilities but colours are much quicker way to determine this information at a glance.
    - Inventory management, so many things to right click and consume, so many materials, things and stuff.
    - OCE server or at the very least, West Coast US. The input lag is bad enough, add on the 280-300ms and it's a pain.

Can't acces old account (already contacted) and miss my old char(r)acter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!