Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except this month there was a survery done that somehow got 1,800,000 differant active accounts?
    but man somehow they got 1,600,000 extra accounts that were not active, darn

- - - Updated - - -

we are atleast over 2 million dude, they did a survey with data from atleast 1.8 million active account...
    Those 1.6m were bots ofc.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    we are atleast over 2 million dude, they did a survey with data from atleast 1.8 million active account...
    Well, we're talking EU and the numbers weren't really the overall numbers. Hence I said over a million but not sure over 3. And I'm talking active players. If more, great.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Thanks for your scientific opinion, dude. /flush

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, we're talking EU and the numbers weren't really the overall numbers. Hence I said over a million but not sure over 3. And I'm talking active players. If more, great.
    My post was dumb, I thought you meant overall. NEVA MIND.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    lol, complete malarkey. EU has the most players in the world playing WoW. Id say closer to 3-4 million, US closer to 2-3 million, China / Asia 3-4 million.

The number is closer to 10 million, a lot more than you are thinking.
    You are dilusional. Asia and China did not used to be counted in Sub numbers back in WOTLK when the pop hit 11.3MM. That said, when WoD added them WoD was at its lowest number at close to 3MM. Which means that the entire total player base was probably close to 6MM. No where near 10MM. Right now, I am guessing that the population is close to 1.5MM or less. This includes EVERYONE. There are databases which compile data from the Blizzard login servers. Everyone claims they are not accurate, because they lagged behind Blizzards numbers. But I contend they are more accurate. Here is why. If someone is not playing and still has three months left on their sub until it finally runs out, they should not be counted. But Blizz counts them. So if you look at the current estimated population based on logins, you are getting betwen 50k to 550k: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/activity.php?serverid=-1 This means that the population is probably close to 3x this due to some people not logging in every day. 1.5MM maximum is all that play anymore.

Bring Back Legacy, and the wow pop will triple overnight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    [Source Needed]

Also Private Server FREE vs Paid Legacy kek

Okay, if you say so. I'm sure you have access to the relevant information to make such a bold claim.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Peak of Wrath they did and a quick burst during WoD. So it's possible but I won't say I know the numbers.
    Those are "subscribers", not subscribers.

Blizzard were pretty honest about - they counted every player playing WoW in China/Asia, who paid anything at all for WoW in a given month, as a "subcriber" equal to an EU/NA subscriber who was paying $15/month. So say you went into a Netcafe and paid for an hour of WoW in China, didn't play again all month - you were counted as a full "subscriber".

The number of real subscribers has indeed probably never been above 6m.

You are dilusional. Asia and China did not used to be counted in Sub numbers back in WOTLK when the pop hit 11.3MM.
    They absolutely were. I'm not sure why you're denying something Blizzard were quite clear about. They stopped doing regional sub figures back in the TBC era.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-10 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    So I was looking around the various realm population sites that try to gauge active players. Adding them up showed an active population at the level cap of only 200,000 players across the whole of the EU realms including Russia.
    Utter BS. ,

You are dilusional. Asia and China did not used to be counted in Sub numbers back in WOTLK when the pop hit 11.3MM. That said, when WoD added them WoD was at its lowest number at close to 3MM. Which means that the entire total player base was probably close to 6MM. No where near 10MM. Right now, I am guessing that the population is close to 1.5MM or less. This includes EVERYONE. There are databases which compile data from the Blizzard login servers. Everyone claims they are not accurate, because they lagged behind Blizzards numbers. But I contend they are more accurate. Here is why. If someone is not playing and still has three months left on their sub until it finally runs out, they should not be counted. But Blizz counts them. So if you look at the current estimated population based on logins, you are getting betwen 50k to 550k: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/activity.php?serverid=-1 This means that the population is probably close to 3x this due to some people not logging in every day. 1.5MM maximum is all that play anymore.

Lol.... Warcraft realms requires you to use the CensusUI mod...
    None of that data is remotely close to accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Peak of Wrath they did and a quick burst during WoD. So it's possible but I won't say I know the numbers.
    Well I know that. The peak was 12 million during WotLK but I'm talking about now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    lol, complete malarkey. EU has the most players in the world playing WoW. Id say closer to 3-4 million, US closer to 2-3 million, China / Asia 3-4 million.

The number is closer to 10 million, a lot more than you are thinking.
    Both 200K and your comically idiotic numbers are just absurd.
    3 to 5 M worldwide seems a much more probable estimate.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Both 200K and your comically idiotic numbers are just absurd.
    3 to 5 M worldwide seems a much more probable estimate.
    Yep, it's likely in that ballpark. We don't really know where, but somewhere in there - and that's not counting China's "subscribers".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    WoW has never ever 10 million active subscribers. I'd say 6 million would be a very good mark at the moment, at best.
    wow had almost 13 million back in wrath.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Damn, if you think that is true I feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    11,5 M in Wrath proper, 12M in the pre-Cata patch, which was the absolute highest peak.

I mean, these numbers are widely available, it's not hard to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Lol.... Warcraft realms requires you to use the CensusUI mod...
    None of that data is remotely close to accurate.
    False they require the census ui mod user to login where it compiles user data. It does not require each player to use the mod to be counted. It requires one player who is pininging the server. The numbers are quite accurate. They way they work this is they login hundreds of times per day into each realm. It compiles the data. Go back and look at the census history and compare them to subscriber data by Blizzard. They tend to range low (for the reason I gave) and I tripled their numbers to come up with my estimate. In the past they have been as accurate as 90% not the 33% I assigned to them.

only servers which are currently high
    Current anything marked "high" is above where the old "full" was. Maximum server capacity was roughly doubled in WoD.

I stood around an Argus invasion
    Those things seem to have issues with grouping people together entirely independent of other population issues. I ended up having to solo the second and third phase of one because they (a) will NEVER add new players to those past phase 1, and (b) the other people who had been working on P1 decided to leave for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    I said "has" and not "had". And I know that it peaked at 12 million during WotLK.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again