Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The premise itself is ludicrous, but if I were to buy into it then the Second Amendment would be utterly irrelevant to its outcome one way or the other.
    The premise is not ludicrous, and the side that is able to muster the most infantry will win.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I meant more of the fact that we could never overthrow the government anymore, in that a few hundred people, even with "fully automatic assault rifles" (eyeroll), could toss the government out. The military is too powerful, the guard is too powerful, and the government is too layered to do that. Back in the day, overthrowing the government was a matter of pinning down a couple buildings. Now you're looking at thousands of people in hundreds of offices, with a lot of firepower. More than any amount of guns could help with.
    This is going on the assumption that the army will side with the political elite against the people they're sworn to protect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The premise is not ludicrous, and the side that is able to muster the most infantry will win.
    Utterly, utterly ludicrous, and the idea that your second amendment pop guns would be a factor is even moreso.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utterly, utterly ludicrous, and the idea that your second amendment pop guns would be a factor is even moreso.
    I know this is a hard concept to understand, but light infantry are the key to holding territory, not tanks, not planes. Light infantry are largely armed with, gasp!, light weapons. And fyi, many civilian arms are superior to most infantry arms in most respects.

I know this is a hard concept to understand, but light infantry are the key to holding territory, not tanks, not planes. Light infantry are largely armed with, gasp!, light weapons. And fyi, many civilian arms are superior to most infantry arms in most respects.
    Ignoring your Red Dawn delusions for a moment, I'd like to remind you that you predicated your success on the idea that most of the US armed forces would join the resistance anyway. Which really makes the whole thing comical.

Well, moreso than it already was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    It is actually more ludicrous that a military operation using the USA's military against its own people would happen in the first place.
    That is exactly what I was calling ludicrous.

Too bad there wasn't a good guy with a gun, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Too bad there wasn't a good guy with a gun, amirite?
    Apart from the one who got shot, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring your Red Dawn delusions for a moment, I'd like to remind you that you predicated your success on the idea that most of the US armed forces would join the resistance anyway. Which really makes the whole thing comical.

Well, moreso than it already was.

That is exactly what I was calling ludicrous.
    You have no clue about this, you really dont.... What part of "you need infantry to hold ground" escapes you? The entire US military, acting as one, does not have enough troops to occupy the US. I will say it again, the side that musters the most infantry will win.

7+ Year Old Account
    Marshmallows are generally harmless but people have still choked to death on them. Do we really need another nation-bashing, anti-gun derailment? Stick to the "official" gun thread, wankers.

Apart from the one who got shot, that is.
    Evidence says he wasn't really that good, even with a gun.

Having seen two wars in Iraq, I doubt that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. The US military is far too small to take over the US, it doesnt have the manpower.
    The key word is firepower not manpower. You can have 3 million soldiers and lose badly if you don't have the firepower to match up to your enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Having seen two wars in Iraq, I doubt that.
    Considering the poor job the US military did during the occupation phase of Iraq....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    The key word is firepower not manpower. You can have 3 million soldiers and lose badly if you don't have the firepower to match up to your enemy.
    No, again, manpower is what you have to have to OCCUPY and CONTROL area. The US military is great for rolling over conventional forces, and then faceplants when they have to occupy, control, and pacify the area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I am sure this drug dealing murderer wouldn't have killed this officer if they had only banned conceal and carry on Texas campuses. He wouldn't want to break the law by illegally carrying a gun...

Oh wait... A 19 year old can't legally conceal and carry, so not only is your premise wrong, but banning conceal and carry on campuses is entirely irrelevant to this situation.
    Roasted. lol

Deleted
    The governor is right though.... it's not the concealed carry that is the problem.

The problem is that so many people are allowed to have guns in the first place and that no one really controls who gets to have a gun and that a gun is so easy to aquire in the US.

The article is misleading. You need real gun control laws but it's probably way to late for that.

You have no clue about this, you really dont.... What part of "you need infantry to hold ground" escapes you? The entire US military, acting as one, does not have enough troops to occupy the US. I will say it again, the side that musters the most infantry will win.
    Then you're portraying a "tyranny" so ineffective that it doesn't require anything to defeat it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Evidence says he wasn't really that good, even with a gun.
    According to the article I read, he was booking him at the campus police station with his gun still holstered.

I guess his quick draw skills wouldn't get him much work in a Western.

Close the Canadian boarder I say! No one takes this seriously.

Sandy Hook happens

Close the Canadian boarder I say! No one takes this seriously.

June 12 2016 happens

Close the Canadian boarder i say! No one takes this seriously.

White male with seemingly no motive at all opens fire on a Las Vegas concert killing 59 people. (parents Cancel trip to Nevada shortly after)

CLOSE the FUCKING CANADIAN BOARDER NOW