Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Boy Scouts of America Will Admit Girls.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-scout-n809836

How do you feel about this?

Personally I don't care. I would hope they don't lower their standards though.

Quote Originally Posted by NBC News
    The Boy Scouts of America announced Wednesday that girls will soon be allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout, the organization’s highest honor.

"We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children," said Michael Surbaugh, chief executive of the Boy Scouts.

The scouting board of directors voted unanimously to make the historic change in an organization that has been primarily for boys since its founding more than 100 years ago.

Starting next year, young girls can join Cub Scout units, known as dens. Local scouting organizations can choose to have dens for girls and dens for boys. "Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls," the organization said in a statement.

A separate program for older girls will be available in 2019, BSA said, enabling them to earn the rank of Eagle Scout.

The Boy Scouts said the moves reflect the changing nature of American life, adding to the appeal of a scouting program that can serve the entire family.

BSA said it commissioned two nationwide surveys that showed parents not involved in scouting had high interest in getting their daughters signed up for both Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts.

Girls are now part of four scouting programs — Venturing and Sea Scouting, geared toward outdoor activities; Exploring, a career-oriented mentoring program; and STEM, focusing on science and math. But those programs have not offered a path to Eagle Scout for girls.

Earlier this year, the National Organization for Women urged the Boy Scouts to admit girls to the entire program, supporting the efforts of a New York teenager, Sydney Ireland, to attain the rank of Eagle Scout, as her older brother did.

"I just want to do what the Boy Scouts do — earn the merit badges and earn the Eagle Award," she told NBC News. "The Girl Scouts is a great organization, but it's just not the program that I want to be part of. I think girls should just have the opportunity to be a member of any organization they want regardless of gender."

In the past, the Girl Scouts have been cool to the idea of admitting girls into the Boy Scouts, citing research which showed that many girls learn best in an all-female environment.

"We are unparalleled in our ability to build great female leaders who contribute to society at every level," said Andrea Bastiani Archibald, a psychologist who helps guide the Girl Scouts.

Think they need a name change then.

Nvm i see the group will be called something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't care, but you care enough to make a thread about it.
    I'm not suppose to understand that...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You don't care, but you care enough to make a thread about it.
    I'm not suppose to understand that...
    Perhaps I should have said that I don't take issue with it.

Happy?

Deleted
    I thought Girl Guides were the female equivalent?

so combine the girl scouts and boy scouts into just the scouts of america? simple fix, but i'm sure some people will be up in arms over this.

I don't see how it could possibly affect the boy scouts, unless it was originally intended as some sort of grooming group or some other creepy culty shit.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    There is no standard to join the boy scouts.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So we have Girl Scouts and then we have Gender Neutral Scouts...... do Boys get to have their own thing or is that not allowed in CURRENT_YEAR!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not nothing happens girls can’t participate in.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    I mean I can understand it... If the child has a sister or female friend and wants to join together. The only real argument is tradion but that's very flimsy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    There is no standard to join the boy scouts.
    There are standards to earn merit badges and become an Eagle Scout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So we have Girl Scouts and then we have Gender Neutral Scouts...... do Boys get to have their own thing or is that not allowed in CURRENT_YEAR!?
    Yes the evil women are plotting against men

- - - Updated - - -

There are standards to earn merit badges and become an Eagle Scout.
    Does that require a penis?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    /shrug

Everything is being inclusive these days unless you are a oppressed class.

time will tell.

Love the avatar btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjoiskate View Post
    so combine the girl scouts and boy scouts into just the scouts of america? simple fix, but i'm sure some people will be up in arms over this.
    Of course people would be...

Sexist not to let girls in with the *boy*scouts...but also sexist to let boys in the *girl*scouts.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't make any sense since girl scouts exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Does that require a penis?
    Nope. I merely opined that I hope the standards remain the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    My g/f was a girl scout, and she hated it. She wanted to do what the boy scouts were doing, but it was more "girly oriented" while the boy scouts did more of the "boy oriented" stuff.

Personally, I feel they should change the girl scouts to reflect the boy scouts, or simply combine the two completely.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Nope. I merely opined that I hope the standards remain the same.
    Well if a penis isn't required then I can't see lacking one will affect the standards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My g/f was a girl scout, and she hated it. She wanted to do what the boy scouts were doing, but it was more "girly oriented" while the boy scouts did more of the "boy oriented" stuff.

Personally, I feel they should change the girl scouts to reflect the boy scouts, or simply combine the two completely.
    This... In UK we have / had Cubs (boys) and Brownies (girls), unsure if they're still a thing

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-scout-n809836

How do you feel about this?

We'd be joining the rest of the world in making our Scouts allow both girls and boys. Most of the world has been doing it for decades. I went to the World Jamboree as a Boy Scout in 1991 and the U.S. was one of only a few countries that didn't allow girls.