View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Interesting, so politicians basing everything on a decision by the populace fraudulently achieved by said politicians isn't some kind of break of contract. Also isn't the personal gain part of the legal definition, you don't actually need a contract?

yes
    I think you're throwing some different concepts together that don't belong in the same box, tbh. You don't need a contract to commit fraud. All you need to do is manipulate someone into doing something and profiting from it based on a deception.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think you're throwing some different concepts together that don't belong in the same box, tbh. You don't need a contract to commit fraud. All you need to do is manipulate someone into doing something and profiting from it based on a deception.
    No, it seems you're now agreeing with me. So it is fraud then? Because gaining seats/votes and receiving funds/positions in the process sure seems like profit to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

A bunch of times actually.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Only fools ever pay more than 20% income tax, which is not really a large percentage is it.
    How on earth do you get it down to 20%?

This is a bit OT - but aren't you a ltd. company / dividend-drawer, not a sole trader? So, you have a clever accountant who does it?

My problem is that I've always been stuck in that awkward should I turn myself into a company or not bracket and never bothered.

Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

This is a bit OT - but aren't you a ltd. company / dividend-drawer, not a sole trader? So, you have a clever accountant who does it?

My problem is that I've always been stuck in that awkward should I turn myself into a company or not bracket and never bothered.

Ho hum.
    Wife is an accountant if you want me to ask for you. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Wife is an accountant if you want me to ask for you. ;P
    My understanding is that up until a couple of years ago low 6 figure turnover self-employed should always have gone ltd. company but now it's barely worth the hassle.

In all honesty, it doesn't really matter. Only two things certain in life etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

Ho hum.
    Well the attraction of becoming ltd has fallen a little since they reduced tax free dividend income recently from 10k to 2K a year. Might still be worth it though even with the extra admin. But it depends what you regard as decent I suppose - we could take the crowns view on that and say it is at the level at which you start to pay a penal 40% tax. So the question really is can you survive on £1000 or, double that for a couple, a week? In which case all excess is best dumped in a SIPP up to your 40k a year limit so none of that has tax paid on it. Even more so if you have children and want to keep your child benefit, I know I do. So that's earnings of £90k per annum with an effective tax rate reduced to below 20% per person take care of, above that I haven't a clue. But if in that position I sure would have...

Of course if you are super rich with 6 figure salaries like many public sector workers, doctors, headmasters etc etc you start to run into the problem of only being allowed £1 million ish in your pension pot now. That, not brexit, explains the shortage of staff in those professions as they start to retire pension capped in their 40's. It is not worth those people getting out of bed in the morning if half their income is being taxed with no way to mitigate that any more.

They need to raise the pension cap back to what it was at £1.5 million ish a couple of years ago or reduce taxes for wealthy people to encourage them to stay working. No way I'm paying 40% tax to see it wasted on scroungers...

No, it seems you're now agreeing with me. So it is fraud then? Because gaining seats/votes and receiving funds/positions in the process sure seems like profit to me.
    No idea man, you started this... perhaps you'd like to go back to what I posted and verify that you still want to nitpick it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

A juicy Brexit Sunday is coming as the Tory leadership hots up...

Michael Gove is going to scrap VAT after Brexit, it is a tax only required because of membership of the EU. Wouldn't you like that eurochums in your own country? Next time you get a receipt look at how much VAT you pay and imagine it slipping straight into the back pocket of Juncker and his cronies or, all you gotta do is leave...

Boris confirms no payment of the £39 bn is due to the EU when the UK leaves...

Lovely Jubbly, more goodies like that please. Lets show the other EU member states and their people the massive upsides of leaving...and the huge downside costs of remaining a member...

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No idea man, you started this... perhaps you'd like to go back to what I posted and verify that you still want to nitpick it.
    Didn't you say lying isn't illegal? Well, what is fraud if not lying?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

Michael Gove is going to scrap VAT after Brexit, it is a tax only required because of membership of the EU. Wouldn't you like that eurochums in your own country? Next time you get a receipt look at how much VAT you pay and imagine it slipping straight into the back pocket of Juncker and his cronies or, all you gotta do is leave...

Lovely Jubbly, more goodies like that please. Lets show the other EU member states and their people the massive upsides of leaving...and the huge downside costs of remaining a member...
    So the first lies weren't enough now you have to believe the new lies?

Yes let's show the massive upside to a massive loss of tax revenue of the collapse of public finance, the destruction of public services and the end of the NHS. Where the poor end up suffering because of short sighted conservatives that have never had a good idea.

lol most countries in the world have VAT, it has nothing to do with the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Boycotting Israel is supporting terrorism by proxy.
    Left-wing idealogies are anti-fascist by nature.
    Only racists support the GoP or any other far right/fascist party .

Michael Gove is going to scrap VAT after Brexit, it is a tax only required because of membership of the EU.
    Another gem, thank you.

Another gem, thank you.
    Can't even blame his own government for the regresive taxes they put on them.

The Unstoppable Force
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    lol most countries in the world have VAT, it has nothing to do with the EU.
    According to the internets, the VAT is the third largest source of income for the UK government. I highly doubt the UK leaving the EU would mean the UK government would give up their third largest source of income.

I also don't see what VAT has to do with the EU. It looks like a UK tax for UK government funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    According to the internets, the VAT is the third largest source of income for the UK government. I highly doubt the UK leaving the EU would mean the UK government would give up their third largest source of income.

I also don't see what VAT has to do with the EU. It looks like a UK tax for UK government funding.
    Farage probably told him it was an EU thing at his recent tea party.

The Unstoppable Force
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Farage probably told him it was an EU thing at his recent tea party.
    Watch, the plan will be to replace the VAT with a Sales Tax. "See, we got rid of the VAT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Watch, the plan will be to replace the VAT with a Sales Tax. "See, we got rid of the VAT!"
    Are you planning on becoming the new British PM?

Michael Gove is going to scrap VAT after Brexit, it is a tax only required because of membership of the EU.
    In other news: Tory leadership candidate Michael Gove has said he "deeply regrets" taking cocaine

The Unstoppable Force
    Ah, that explains the VAT thing then.