View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #20061
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    How does 26% of the votes lead to 47%-49% of the seats? That looks completely broken
    FPTP where you can get so low and be declared the winner. In one part of the uk in 2015 a candidate for 24% of the vote and was declared the winner and representative of everyone in that consituency. Even though 76% of the people said "We dont' want that one."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Boris will be our next party leader and therefore PM. Frankly the leadership contest has nothing to do with the BBC and other MSM outlets, and the wider public as a whole, and this enrages the BBC especially as they know there is nothing they can do about it.

    The MP's just need to get Boris through to the last two, and the membership will take care of the rest.

    Hard Brexit here we come

    Let's hope our exit is the first brick out of the wall. Italy next? Let's hope so. The Germans can't sustain the bloc themselves.

    I will enjoy watching the EU crumble.
    And then China, USA, India, Russia come in and carve Europe up between them setting off a case of proxy issues and hostility over the continent because small countries become puppets of big ones.

  2. #20062
    Thats fine. Europe is and always will be a continent at war with itself.

  3. #20063
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Thats fine. Europe is and always will be a continent at war with itself.
    Please take your continent bashing elsewhere

  4. #20064
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Please take your continent bashing elsewhere
    Felt like Reyuna is another Dribbles account.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  5. #20065
    Quote Originally Posted by stanpwith View Post
    Not sure why the Brexiteers seem so keen on Johnson. Wasn't he a remainer till a month before the referendum? What makes any one think he can be trusted to follow through on Brexit?

    Additionally why do remainers vote for the Lib Dems? They have the worst record in British politics on going back on their word, which is saying something. I could just see them coming out with some bullshit about how it was vital for the good of the nation that they stop the Tories going too far with a no-deal brexit, whilst doing nothing other than giving them the numbers to do so in another coalition.
    As if the Lib Dems really had any real power in the 2010 coalition.

  6. #20066
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    As if the Lib Dems really had any real power in the 2010 coalition.
    They had some, but it wasn't seen because how do you see what doesn't happen because the Tories were held back? Simply put you can't. You just have to look at post 2015 Tory ran governments to see how insane they really are.

    As for Europe always at war with itself, that's why the EU exists as a means to stop it. Surely that's better than dead people unless you're some kind of Jingo brit who thinks Europeans are inferior people who need to be put in their place..

    Oh that's right they are little Englanders who make up the majority of Brexiteers.

  7. #20067
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    As for Europe always at war with itself, that's why the EU exists as a means to stop it.
    Also, it is not like Europe is the only place on Earth with a history full of wars and conflict.
    Its history is just known in more detail to us.

  8. #20068
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,617
    That clock is growing ever louder as it is revealed that Boris will have just 100 days to deliver brexit or see the collapse of the Tory party... no pressure then.

    BORIS Johnson is facing a stark ultimatum from hardline Tory MPs — deliver Brexit by Halloween or we join Nigel Farage.

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/930434...on-brexit-100/

    Tick tock...

  9. #20069
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Quarantine and Chill
    Posts
    47,059
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    That clock is growing ever louder as it is revealed that Boris will have just 100 days to deliver brexit or see the collapse of the Tory party... no pressure then.

    BORIS Johnson is facing a stark ultimatum from hardline Tory MPs — deliver Brexit by Halloween or we join Nigel Farage.

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/930434...on-brexit-100/

    Tick tock...
    Read: Hardline Tory MPs threaten to split the conservative vote and hand Labor/LD a majority and mandate for another referendum.

    Smart.
    Elizabeth Warren is the neighbor in the horror movie who drives by the haunted house and is like “hey guys seems bad in there want to come with me?” and America is the family that’s like “nah it’s probably not that bad there were only chainsaw noises in the night that one time!”

  10. #20070
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Read: Hardline Tory MPs threaten to split the conservative vote and hand Labor/LD a majority and mandate for another referendum.

    Smart.
    If Brexit actually happens, they lose their core issue. They lose their fees for turning up on QT, they lose their audience, they lose their reason to exist in the political space.

    Much better for them to engineer a solution to Brexit that allows them to continue to complain about the EU in the public eye and stay on the gravy train (simply switching party would not trigger a bye-election in their constituency).

    Cynic? Me? Never

  11. #20071
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Quarantine and Chill
    Posts
    47,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    If Brexit actually happens, they lose their core issue. They lose their fees for turning up on QT, they lose their audience, they lose their reason to exist in the political space.

    Much better for them to engineer a solution to Brexit that allows them to continue to complain about the EU in the public eye and stay on the gravy train (simply switching party would not trigger a bye-election in their constituency).

    Cynic? Me? Never
    The EU is the best scapegoat British idiots ever had, short of The Papists™, so I agree with you there.

    The problem is that May's red line bullshit torpedoed any chance of such a deal emerging - given that the WA is hated by most, the only alternative is remain as is and negotiate terms later.
    Elizabeth Warren is the neighbor in the horror movie who drives by the haunted house and is like “hey guys seems bad in there want to come with me?” and America is the family that’s like “nah it’s probably not that bad there were only chainsaw noises in the night that one time!”

  12. #20072
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The EU is the best scapegoat British idiots ever had, short of The Papists™, so I agree with you there.
    It is really ironic that technically all of England belongs to the Pope, because of that English king who gifted it to the Pope to avoid getting disposed of.
    He then went on pretending to rule it in the Pope's name.

  13. #20073
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    If Brexit actually happens, they lose their core issue. They lose their fees for turning up on QT, they lose their audience, they lose their reason to exist in the political space.

    Much better for them to engineer a solution to Brexit that allows them to continue to complain about the EU in the public eye and stay on the gravy train (simply switching party would not trigger a bye-election in their constituency).

    Cynic? Me? Never
    You can guarantee that if Brexit did happen, and it fucked things up as we all expect it to do, they would be making it clear that it wasn't their fault. Brexit wasn't delivered properly, they will say. It was sabotaged by the Remainers, or by the EU. If they'd been in charge, they would have done it properly.

    All fucking lies, of course. They are all professional blamers and moaners. None of them had a proper plan for how to leave, or what it would look like after we left. They just wanted a scapegoat to point at and blame, and they wanted to get themselves well paid talking head jobs where they could blame somebody and demand something was done.

    I'm damn sure they not only didn't expect to win the referendum, they didn't actually want to. A nice narrow defeat that would have left them able to carry on demanding another one would have been the perfect outcome. They could have carried on complaining into their retirements and beyond.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

  14. #20074
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You can guarantee that if Brexit did happen, and it fucked things up as we all expect it to do, they would be making it clear that it wasn't their fault. Brexit wasn't delivered properly, they will say. It was sabotaged by the Remainers, or by the EU. If they'd been in charge, they would have done it properly.

    All fucking lies, of course. They are all professional blamers and moaners. None of them had a proper plan for how to leave, or what it would look like after we left. They just wanted a scapegoat to point at and blame, and they wanted to get themselves well paid talking head jobs where they could blame somebody and demand something was done.

    I'm damn sure they not only didn't expect to win the referendum, they didn't actually want to. A nice narrow defeat that would have left them able to carry on demanding another one would have been the perfect outcome. They could have carried on complaining into their retirements and beyond.
    Yep, and now those same people expect the "losers" to step into line and shut up, despite having no intention of doing so themselves had they lost.

  15. #20075
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The EU is the best scapegoat British idiots ever had, short of The Papists™
    Nah... that's the French.

    https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryU...es-of-Britain/

    Our greatest ally but also our greatest enemy.

  16. #20076
    UK economic growth to slow to zero as Brexit stockpiling effect ends and businesses slash investment
    The political impasse over Brexit threatens to “suffocate” business investment across the UK, with the economy grinding to a halt as a temporary boost from stockpiling comes to an end, the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) has warned.

    The organisation said firms were putting resources into contingency plans, such as stockpiling, rather than investing in measures aimed at economic growth, which is “simply not sustainable”.

    As a result, the economy is expected register zero growth in the second quarter of the year, following a 0.5 per cent expansion in Q1.

    Business investment is forecast to contract at a faster rate this year and recover more slowly in 2020 than expected in previous forecasts, the BCC states in its latest report.

    The leading business body said political uncertainty – including the growing possibility of a no-deal exit – was expected to “suffocate” investment activity in the near term.
    Be curious to see if we actually hit that big fat zero.
    Often updated... ?

  17. #20077
    Worryingly the allegations of vote rigging in the Peterborough election will not go away and are now subject of a police investigation.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48665324

    Hopefully the investigation will conclude that no wrong doing took place.

  18. #20078
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yep, and now those same people expect the "losers" to step into line and shut up, despite having no intention of doing so themselves had they lost.
    And those losers should shut up unless they want to make things worse for themselves.

    Remainers, the losers, refused to allow brexit back in March - they wouldn't shut up even with a remain PM and cabinet on their side in Theresa May and her government. Ironically this will lead to Boris as PM, certainly not remain friendly. Will the remain losers learn a valuable lesson from that, shut their cakeholes and allow Boris to deliver brexit in October? If not, their whining could very well lead to Nigel Farage as PM.

    Their choice of course, but actions have consequences. I for one hope they keep on screaming until they hand the keys of No 10 to Farage...

  19. #20079
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    What's funny is this 'put up and shut up' mentality that exists within the Brexiteer camp.

    Remainers kicking off hasn't even started yet.
    The should probably hurry up then, they've only got until October.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Worryingly the allegations of vote rigging in the Peterborough election will not go away and are now subject of a police investigation.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48665324

    Hopefully the investigation will conclude that no wrong doing took place.
    Yeesh. It's looking increasingly dodgy; they already rejected over 400 votes for being likely fraudulent.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

  20. #20080
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The should probably hurry up then, they've only got until October.
    Absolutely not what I meant.

    Remainers who accept that the UK will Brexit, who would have preferred a compromise, but who won't accept being prorogued out by Raab or flounced out by BJ.

    What is that you think we can do atm?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •