View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #20081
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Michael Gove is going to scrap VAT after Brexit, it is a tax only required because of membership of the EU. Wouldn't you like that eurochums in your own country? Next time you get a receipt look at how much VAT you pay and imagine it slipping straight into the back pocket of Juncker and his cronies or, all you gotta do is leave...
    VAT is not collected by the EU.

    So where is he going to find 169 billion pounds per year? In his cocaine-fuelled dreams?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-06-08 at 11:33 PM.

  2. #20082
    Cocaine tends to destroy brain cells.. hence the VAT scrapping plan
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  3. #20083
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Watch, the plan will be to replace the VAT with a Sales Tax. "See, we got rid of the VAT!"
    Likely like how it is in the US too. Not shown on shelf prices but when you get to checkout the real price ends up being shown.

  4. #20084
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Likely like how it is in the US too. Not shown on shelf prices but when you get to checkout the real price ends up being shown.
    So to be clear.

    Leavers voted to follow the American model and allow people to keep more of their own money in their pockets making them richer, with perhaps a 0.0% Sales Tax as they have in many places over there.

    Remainers voted to keep people in poverty with 2 tythes, in VAT, of everything as the cost of UK EU membership making people poorer.

    Good that as time goes by more and more evidence is exposed as to why it is so bad and costly for nations and their people to be within the EU experiment.

    I say leave and get rid of VAT.

  5. #20085
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Didn't you say lying isn't illegal? Well, what is fraud if not lying?
    §263 StGB

    Whosoever with the intent of obtaining for himself or a third person an unlawful material benefit damages the property of another by causing or maintaining an error by pretending false facts or by distorting or suppressing true facts shall be liable to imprisonment not exceeding five years or a fine.
    The crime is the damage you inflict. The end goal is the intent to obtaining a material benefit. Lying is the method to do that. If you didn't damage any property, you could lie all day long without any consequences... Free speech and shit, you know. If you don't intend to get any benefit from that, you would maybe be liable for another crime, but not fraud. All of these have to be ticked. So yes, I think we can talk about fraud here, but I don't think lying itself is criminal per se.

    Meanwhile...

    Last edited by Slant; 2019-06-09 at 10:20 AM.
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  6. #20086
    Leavers voted to follow the American model and allow people to keep more of their own money in their pockets making them richer, with perhaps a 0.0% Sales Tax as they have in many places over there.
    When?

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I say leave and get rid of VAT.
    Where is 170 billion pounds of revenue per year for the British government going to come from then?

  7. #20087
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    So to be clear.

    Leavers voted to follow the American model and allow people to keep more of their own money in their pockets making them richer, with perhaps a 0.0% Sales Tax as they have in many places over there.

    Remainers voted to keep people in poverty with 2 tythes, in VAT, of everything as the cost of UK EU membership making people poorer.

    Good that as time goes by more and more evidence is exposed as to why it is so bad and costly for nations and their people to be within the EU experiment.

    I say leave and get rid of VAT.
    Americans aren't keeping more of there income in their own pockets....millions can't even afford healthcare.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    When?



    Where is 170 billion pounds of revenue per year for the British government going to come from then?
    You can throw away VAT but that goes hand in hand with other expenditure like healthcare, infrastructure, increasing income taxes.

  8. #20088
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You can throw away VAT but that goes hand in hand with other expenditure like healthcare, infrastructure, increasing income taxes.
    I'm sure the Tories can find something they have yet to privatize to generate some short-term cash.

  9. #20089
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    So to be clear.

    Leavers voted to follow the American model and allow people to keep more of their own money in their pockets making them richer, with perhaps a 0.0% Sales Tax as they have in many places over there.

    Remainers voted to keep people in poverty with 2 tythes, in VAT, of everything as the cost of UK EU membership making people poorer.

    Good that as time goes by more and more evidence is exposed as to why it is so bad and costly for nations and their people to be within the EU experiment.

    I say leave and get rid of VAT.
    Still making things up that you've decided the 2016 vote meant, I see. It's amazing how much information about the intent of 17m people got packed into "do you want to leave the EU?" isn't it?

    I expect Pann will be along in a minute to explain how it was completely clear in 2016 that leaving would mean just that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

  10. #20090
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Still making things up that you've decided the 2016 vote meant, I see. It's amazing how much information about the intent of 17m people got packed into "do you want to leave the EU?" isn't it?
    I guess that's what happens when you give a blank, signed cheque to a dishonest person.

  11. #20091
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I'm sure the Tories can find something they have yet to privatize to generate some short-term cash.
    No, that was Blair and the Labour plan and their explosion in PFI for our hospitals. Brexit supporters want to leave the EU and fund our NHS instead, not privatise it. Did you miss the Boris bus?

  12. #20092
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No, that was Blair and the Labour plan and their explosion in PFI for our hospitals. Brexit supporters want to leave the EU and fund our NHS instead, not privatise it. Did you miss the Boris bus?
    Back to the 350 million lie are we?

    Anyway, don't dodge the question: where will 170 billion pounds per year come from, after VAT is abolished?

  13. #20093
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Back to the 350 million lie are we?

    Anyway, don't dodge the question: where will 170 billion pounds per year come from, after VAT is abolished?
    It wasn't a lie as the court case found a couple of days ago when they threw the case against Boris out. All true, soon as we leave you'll see...

  14. #20094
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It wasn't a lie as the court case found a couple of days ago when they threw the case against Boris out. All true, soon as we leave you'll see...
    The case wasn't thrown out because he wasn't lying. The case was thrown out because the judge said him lying was not illegal.

    The UK has never sent 350 million pounds per week to the EU. That is established fact.

    I dare you to prove me wrong. Show me the invoices. Show me the documents that prove that Boris wasn't lying. I bet you can't though. In fact, you won't respond to this at all, because you KNOW you are lying. You can't be that stupid.

  15. #20095
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    21,954
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No, that was Blair and the Labour plan and their explosion in PFI for our hospitals. Brexit supporters want to leave the EU and fund our NHS instead, not privatise it. Did you miss the Boris bus?
    How are you going to fund it if you cut out the billions of pounds from the VAT?

  16. #20096
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How are you going to fund it if you cut out the billions of pounds from the VAT?
    Don't worry, the 18.2 billion they claim to save by leaving will totally cover it.

    (never mind that two years of VAT revenue more than pays for every penny the UK has sent to the EU since joining 46 years ago)

  17. #20097
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    The case wasn't thrown out because he wasn't lying. The case was thrown out because the judge said him lying was not illegal.

    The UK has never sent 350 million pounds per week to the EU. That is established fact.

    I dare you to prove me wrong. Show me the invoices. Show me the documents that prove that Boris wasn't lying. I bet you can't though. In fact, you won't respond to this at all, because you KNOW you are lying. You can't be that stupid.
    A remainer took Boris to court over the bus, the Judge took 5 minutes and threw the case out. The NHS is already planned and diaried in to receive 384 million extra a week as a benefit of brexit a couple of years after we leave, exceeding the claims on the bus. He wasn't lying...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How are you going to fund it if you cut out the billions of pounds from the VAT?
    It's Michael Gove's plan only announced a few hours ago, I don't know, ask him. I expect when the candidates face scrutiny in their debates it will come out. He must have a plan right?

    But as a concept scrapping VAT sounds great to me. It's a complex burdensome red tape calculation for SME's to do every three months, inside the EU we can't get rid of it - outside, newly sovereign, we can.

    There are so many different options being considered on an almost daily basis that are now being made public. The benefits of brexit are coming so fast, almost tsunami like it is difficult to keep up. Much much different to the scenarios painted by project fear. If you are looking for liars pick any one of the people who supported the remain project fear agenda. There's your liars, not honest brexiteers.

  18. #20098
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    21,954
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    He must have a plan right?
    .
    Probably snorting more cocaine.

  19. #20099
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Probably snorting more cocaine.
    Perhaps it will be taxable...

  20. #20100
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

    I expect Pann will be along in a minute to explain how it was completely clear in 2016 that leaving would mean just that.
    And yet the leavers were all "We'll be Norway and Switzerland." yadda yadda.

    https://youtu.be/0xGt3QmRSZY

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •