View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Best thing I can come up with is: Be seen.

As long as there are serious, determined remainers out there arguing their case, pointing out the shortcomings of the plans for "managed Brexit" or whatever the euphemism of the day is the job of lying the whole thing home is harder for BoJo. And if you can do it in numbers there is a faint hope that the clown will falter.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Absolutely not what I meant.

Remainers who accept that the UK will Brexit, who would have preferred a compromise, but who won't accept being prorogued out by Raab or flounced out by BJ.

What is that you think we can do atm?
    Not much, you are British, you just don't have it in you. If this happened in France or maybe in Greece, the entire country would be in flames by now.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not much, you are British, you just don't have it in you. If this happened in France or maybe in Greece, the entire country would be in flames by now.
    I shall resist making comments about The Mediterranean Temperament.

Nah, go for it! I mean I am not exactly happy about violent protests that mostly destroy storefronts either. But at least it makes it clear when people are pissed.

And hey, our politicians in Greece actually ignored the referendum when it was clear it wasn't going to work.

At least they show a reaction. I'd rather take honest temperament from a Greek (and boy, do they have one) than fake politeness any day of the week. See, I can go and have an drink with the Greek afterwards. I couldn't go and have a drink with JRM without punching his face in if you paid me a million Euros.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The should probably hurry up then, they've only got until October.

Yeesh. It's looking increasingly dodgy; they already rejected over 400 votes for being likely fraudulent.
    A certain amount of ballots being rejected for mismatches in signatures or information is to be expected, so far it seems less like anything especially nefarious happened and more that they're going through everything with a fine-toothed comb so as to make sure that any claims to the contrary are without grounds. When you have a very polarized group of people and high emotional investment in a very close election, it's for the best to be absolutely certain of the results.

Heh

IDD with either of you... just saying it's a little difficult to protest violently when, atm, we're stuck in this awful navel-gazing limbo.
    I mean if you are looking for things to protest, when you had the confirmatory votes, you had a massive number of abstentions. That's something actionable to protest.
    Ofc people will say that this is a representative democracy and we show our protest by voting. And I say that it is up to the people if they want elections a bit sooner, not just up to politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I couldn't go and have a drink with JRM without punching his face in if you paid me a million Euros.
    JRM? Can't match a name to the initials.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    JRM? Can't match a name to the initials.
    Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Jacob Rees-Mogg.
    Oh, him. Right.

The idiot who threw a milkshake over Farage has been ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work and to pay £350 in compensation to Farage.

I wonder what Vincent Vega would make of a three hundred and fifty quid shake?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-48675804

And in other Farage related news the Brexit Party has been asked to check the legality of all past donations.

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/stat...76607701676032

Such a waste of good milkshake

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Such a waste of good milkshake
    It went to a worthy cause. Making a fascist look like a sad weasel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    And in other Farage related news the Brexit Party has been asked to check the legality of all past donations.

I distinctly recall several people predicting BXP would run into problems with campaign finance donations. You know, exactly like what happened to Farage's last vehicle of personality in UKIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

Merely a Setback CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The idiot who threw a milkshake over Farage has been ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work and to pay £350 in compensation to Farage.

I wonder what Vincent Vega would make of a three hundred and fifty quid shake?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-48675804

That was so worth it, remind me if I ever visit the Uk to do the same.
    Last edited by CommunismWillWin; 2019-06-18 at 04:46 PM.
    Joe Biden is a rapist and his supporters are rape apologists

Capitalism is the most deadly idealogy in the history of humankind

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeesh. It's looking increasingly dodgy; they already rejected over 400 votes for being likely fraudulent.
    They rejected those before the the vote was counted, and the reason for rejecting some of them is potentially problematic as far as I'm concerned.
    Who knows what outdated signature they had to compare them to, normal peoples signatures sometimes change with time.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2019-06-18 at 04:03 PM. Reason: was incomplete

The study by YouGov found that the governing party’s membership, now thought to number just over 100,000 people...
    According to Google the UK has a population of 66 million. The governing party makes up just .02% of the population. Think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    According to Google the UK has a population of 66 million. The governing party makes up just .02% of the population. Think about that.
    In all honesty, really I need to try and not think to hard about this. Blood pressure and all that.

C4 & BBC should not be granting the leadership contenders the opportunity to 'debate' on national tv. It gives a sense of democratic legitimacy to a process that has none.