View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #20161
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And the UK then says our sovereign interpretation of international law is different from yours and we do not recognise it, sorry nope still not paying.

    Get that.
    So you want the UK to be an international pariah state, along with North Korea and Iran. Got it. Glad we cleared up that you hate Britain.

  2. #20162
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And the UK then says our sovereign interpretation of international law is different from yours and we do not recognise it, sorry nope still not paying.

    Get that.
    Fairytale land where there is some kind of imaginary thing called the "UK" where it's borders separate and isolate it entirely from the rest of the world does not exist. Especially the "ruling class" is not bound by borders. Their connections and interests are international.
    We are often struck down easily. However no matter how often beaten, we can't forget the joy we felt during the dispute. The pleasure of stretching our willpower. The pleasure of trying out our own strength. The pleasure of seeing a manifestation of real comradely emotions among friends. The pleasure of seeing the world clearly split into camps of foes and friends. The pleasure of seeing an improvement in our own personality. by Sakae Osugi

  3. #20163
    Heck it's very likely that if they refuse to pay and this ends up in the Hague, they will end up paying much more because:
    a) there will be penalties and
    b) some costs that were waived during the negotiations could well be recognized in court if the EU pushes for them

    And ofc it is very unlikely we will finalize any trade agreement while such a case is in court.

  4. #20164
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    So you want the UK to be an international pariah state, along with North Korea and Iran. Got it. Glad we cleared up that you hate Britain.
    I think you will find in Law the EU owe us 10 billion euro, let's hope they don't want to be international pariahs ey?

    We do not owe the EU any money as a Brexit divorce bill. That is the conclusion that Martin Howe QC, Chairman of Lawyers for Britain, and Charlie Elphicke MP have come to after an exhaustive analysis (click to download full report) of the claims the EU Commission sent to the British Government in June. The Government would, therefore, be right to stand firm and not be blackmailed into a multi-billion pound divorce bill. Particularly as it transpires that the legal position is that the EU owes us €10 billion.


    https://lawyersforbritain.org/we-don...e-eu-any-money

    Howzat!

  5. #20165
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The question is

    If the UK is unwilling to honor deals they have made and they have shaped why should the UK be trusted on any deal?

    That is the real question

    Is the UK trustworthy at all?
    If you were the Chinese or Russian governments (or anyone else critical of Western hegemony) wouldn't you be absolutely delighted that the two most dominant Western powers are so determined to make themselves as untrustworthy and unlikable as possible???

  6. #20166
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    If you were the Chinese or Russian governments (or anyone else critical of Western hegemony) wouldn't you be absolutely delighted that the two most dominant Western powers are so determined to make themselves as untrustworthy and unlikable as possible???
    Well, EU and US have already proven themselves untrustworthy in Ukraine as far as Russia is concerned.

  7. #20167
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I think you will find in Law the EU owe us 10 billion euro, let's hope they don't want to be international pariahs ey?

    We do not owe the EU any money as a Brexit divorce bill. That is the conclusion that Martin Howe QC, Chairman of Lawyers for Britain, and Charlie Elphicke MP have come to after an exhaustive analysis (click to download full report) of the claims the EU Commission sent to the British Government in June. The Government would, therefore, be right to stand firm and not be blackmailed into a multi-billion pound divorce bill. Particularly as it transpires that the legal position is that the EU owes us €10 billion.


    https://lawyersforbritain.org/we-don...e-eu-any-money

    Howzat!
    I do not recall the EU ever saying that it will not honour any commitments to UK-based organisations. In fact, that blog does not consider the commitments that the UK has made to European Union research projects that are currently active and due to run into the 2020s at all.

    That blog is a collection of hard-brexiteer wet dreams written by lawyers. It is hardly an independent source. In fact, right on the front page it says that they intend to

    Counter attempts to frustrate or delay the implementation of the British people’s decision to leave the EU
    So basically they are Nigel Farage, dribbles and Boris Johnson, except they have a law degree. Excuse me while I look elsewhere for independent, sound legal analysis of Brexit.

  8. #20168
    Banned Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    43,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, EU and US have already proven themselves untrustworthy in Ukraine as far as Russia is concerned.
    We give less than a shit as to what bullshit de jour you are using to justify your illegal occupation of Ukraine and the Crimea, comrade.

  9. #20169
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I think you will find in Law the EU owe us 10 billion euro, let's hope they don't want to be international pariahs ey?

    We do not owe the EU any money as a Brexit divorce bill. That is the conclusion that Martin Howe QC, Chairman of Lawyers for Britain, and Charlie Elphicke MP have come to after an exhaustive analysis (click to download full report) of the claims the EU Commission sent to the British Government in June. The Government would, therefore, be right to stand firm and not be blackmailed into a multi-billion pound divorce bill. Particularly as it transpires that the legal position is that the EU owes us €10 billion.


    https://lawyersforbritain.org/we-don...e-eu-any-money

    Howzat!
    Not out!

    It's the opinion piece of a bunch of Brexiteer lawyers...

  10. #20170
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Not out!

    It's the opinion piece of a bunch of Brexiteer lawyers...
    Aye, that site is basically the legalese version of the Daily Mail or the Express. Or some Joe Blogg's editorial on blogspot.

  11. #20171
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Not out!

    It's the opinion piece of a bunch of Brexiteer lawyers...
    Not just any old lawyers but silk lawyers, if you please, the finest in the EU. Some of whom write and form EU law for a living...

    Anyone find a better legal opinion by someone more qualified link it? Put up or shut up, get that juicy EU cheque book out and write one for 10 bn payable to the UK, interest is running, chop chop eurochums...

  12. #20172
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not just any old lawyers but silk lawyers, if you please, the finest in the EU. Some of whom write and form EU law for a living...

    Anyone find a better legal opinion by someone more qualified link it? Put up or shut up, get that juicy EU cheque book out and write one for 10 bn payable to the UK, interest is running, chop chop eurochums...
    Interest, insofar any is applicable, doesn't start accumulating until the UK leaves. And that hasn't happened yet. In case you hadn't noticed.

  13. #20173
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Aye, that site is basically the legalese version of the Daily Mail or the Express. Or some Joe Blogg's editorial on blogspot.
    Yep.

    While in the real world: the British economy contracts by 0.4% in April.

    At the same time drug-addled Conservative leadership candidates are: literally, attempting to buy the votes of the Tory party membership (/vomit), suggesting we dispense with VAT (/facepalm), and contemplating proroguing Parliament to force through a no deal Brexit (/rofl - I will take a pickaxe to Raab’s moronic skull before that happens).

    Absolute fucking muppets.

    #LedByDonkeys

  14. #20174
    Yeah we have some proper Class A politicians in Westminster. One that really does draw the line, one that sees things go up in fragrant smoke and a couple that dodged a spell in the joint.

  15. #20175
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yeah we have some proper Class A politicians in Westminster. One that really does draw the line, one that sees things go up in fragrant smoke and a couple that dodged a spell in the joint.
    Cocaine isn't all it's cracked up to be.

  16. #20176
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Cocaine isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    Some people think it helps them get out of the weeds.

  17. #20177
    I can't roll a joint to save my life: I'm such a dope, I always make a hash of it.

    I now only ever smoke my pot through a dog:



    CANNABLISS!

  18. #20178
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    CANNABLISS!
    I can't shake the feeling that those Tories watched this section of Ali G and thought they were Dangerous Dave:


  19. #20179
    @dribbles

    Oh, I bet you're celebrating now, aren't you...

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...er-attack-kent

    A 17-year-old German exchange student is in a serious condition in hospital after he was attacked by a group of teenagers, leaving him with severe head injuries that required emergency surgery.
    Go on, open that can of beer. I know you love this. Congratulations.
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  20. #20180
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    @dribbles

    Oh, I bet you're celebrating now, aren't you...

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...er-attack-kent



    Go on, open that can of beer. I know you love this. Congratulations.
    I find your use of this attack to badmouth Dribbles a little bit disgusting. You made your point often enough, stop this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •