View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    UK economic growth to slow to zero as Brexit stockpiling effect ends and businesses slash investment
    The political impasse over Brexit threatens to “suffocate” business investment across the UK, with the economy grinding to a halt as a temporary boost from stockpiling comes to an end, the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) has warned.

The organisation said firms were putting resources into contingency plans, such as stockpiling, rather than investing in measures aimed at economic growth, which is “simply not sustainable”.

As a result, the economy is expected register zero growth in the second quarter of the year, following a 0.5 per cent expansion in Q1.

Business investment is forecast to contract at a faster rate this year and recover more slowly in 2020 than expected in previous forecasts, the BCC states in its latest report.

The leading business body said political uncertainty – including the growing possibility of a no-deal exit – was expected to “suffocate” investment activity in the near term.
    Be curious to see if we actually hit that big fat zero.
    Often updated... ?

Worryingly the allegations of vote rigging in the Peterborough election will not go away and are now subject of a police investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48665324

Hopefully the investigation will conclude that no wrong doing took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yep, and now those same people expect the "losers" to step into line and shut up, despite having no intention of doing so themselves had they lost.
    And those losers should shut up unless they want to make things worse for themselves.

Remainers, the losers, refused to allow brexit back in March - they wouldn't shut up even with a remain PM and cabinet on their side in Theresa May and her government. Ironically this will lead to Boris as PM, certainly not remain friendly. Will the remain losers learn a valuable lesson from that, shut their cakeholes and allow Boris to deliver brexit in October? If not, their whining could very well lead to Nigel Farage as PM.

Their choice of course, but actions have consequences. I for one hope they keep on screaming until they hand the keys of No 10 to Farage...

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    What's funny is this 'put up and shut up' mentality that exists within the Brexiteer camp.

Remainers kicking off hasn't even started yet.
    The should probably hurry up then, they've only got until October.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Worryingly the allegations of vote rigging in the Peterborough election will not go away and are now subject of a police investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48665324

Hopefully the investigation will conclude that no wrong doing took place.
    Yeesh. It's looking increasingly dodgy; they already rejected over 400 votes for being likely fraudulent.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Absolutely not what I meant.

Remainers who accept that the UK will Brexit, who would have preferred a compromise, but who won't accept being prorogued out by Raab or flounced out by BJ.

What is that you think we can do atm?

Best thing I can come up with is: Be seen.

As long as there are serious, determined remainers out there arguing their case, pointing out the shortcomings of the plans for "managed Brexit" or whatever the euphemism of the day is the job of lying the whole thing home is harder for BoJo. And if you can do it in numbers there is a faint hope that the clown will falter.

Absolutely not what I meant.

Remainers who accept that the UK will Brexit, who would have preferred a compromise, but who won't accept being prorogued out by Raab or flounced out by BJ.

What is that you think we can do atm?
    Not much, you are British, you just don't have it in you. If this happened in France or maybe in Greece, the entire country would be in flames by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not much, you are British, you just don't have it in you. If this happened in France or maybe in Greece, the entire country would be in flames by now.
    I shall resist making comments about The Mediterranean Temperament.

Nah, go for it! I mean I am not exactly happy about violent protests that mostly destroy storefronts either. But at least it makes it clear when people are pissed.

And hey, our politicians in Greece actually ignored the referendum when it was clear it wasn't going to work.

At least they show a reaction. I'd rather take honest temperament from a Greek (and boy, do they have one) than fake politeness any day of the week. See, I can go and have an drink with the Greek afterwards. I couldn't go and have a drink with JRM without punching his face in if you paid me a million Euros.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Pandaren Monk

Yeesh. It's looking increasingly dodgy; they already rejected over 400 votes for being likely fraudulent.
    A certain amount of ballots being rejected for mismatches in signatures or information is to be expected, so far it seems less like anything especially nefarious happened and more that they're going through everything with a fine-toothed comb so as to make sure that any claims to the contrary are without grounds. When you have a very polarized group of people and high emotional investment in a very close election, it's for the best to be absolutely certain of the results.

Heh

IDD with either of you... just saying it's a little difficult to protest violently when, atm, we're stuck in this awful navel-gazing limbo.
    I mean if you are looking for things to protest, when you had the confirmatory votes, you had a massive number of abstentions. That's something actionable to protest.
    Ofc people will say that this is a representative democracy and we show our protest by voting. And I say that it is up to the people if they want elections a bit sooner, not just up to politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I couldn't go and have a drink with JRM without punching his face in if you paid me a million Euros.
    JRM? Can't match a name to the initials.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    JRM? Can't match a name to the initials.
    Jacob Rees-Mogg.
    Often updated... ?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Jacob Rees-Mogg.
    Oh, him. Right.

The idiot who threw a milkshake over Farage has been ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work and to pay £350 in compensation to Farage.

I wonder what Vincent Vega would make of a three hundred and fifty quid shake?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-48675804

And in other Farage related news the Brexit Party has been asked to check the legality of all past donations.

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/stat...76607701676032

Such a waste of good milkshake

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Such a waste of good milkshake
    It went to a worthy cause. Making a fascist look like a sad weasel.

- - - Updated - - -

And in other Farage related news the Brexit Party has been asked to check the legality of all past donations.

I distinctly recall several people predicting BXP would run into problems with campaign finance donations. You know, exactly like what happened to Farage's last vehicle of personality in UKIP.

The idiot who threw a milkshake over Farage has been ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work and to pay £350 in compensation to Farage.

I wonder what Vincent Vega would make of a three hundred and fifty quid shake?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-48675804

That was so worth it, remind me if I ever visit the Uk to do the same.
    Last edited by CommunismWillWin; 2019-06-18 at 04:46 PM.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.

They rejected those before the the vote was counted, and the reason for rejecting some of them is potentially problematic as far as I'm concerned.
    Who knows what outdated signature they had to compare them to, normal peoples signatures sometimes change with time.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2019-06-18 at 04:03 PM. Reason: was incomplete