View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You know, this is a problem inherent in two party systems. Their membership has disproportionate power. And it really doesn't have to be this way. Last time our conservatives had a leadership challenge, they opened elections to the public. There was a nominal fee but it was fairly minor.
    Nonsense. If they did that they might actually end up with a premier who has a democratic mandate - nothing about Brexit is supposed to be democratic.

Delenda Est.

Is it me or is Jeremy Hunt's pin missing the cross that represents N.Ireland?

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the tech, what is the tech. Why is it I know there'll almost certainly never be this tech during our lifetimes. Why are these people acting like the EU are going to cave in to their insane ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Is it me or is Jeremy Hunt's pin missing the cross that represents N.Ireland?
    *sunglasses*

O'lluminati Confirmed.

Delenda Est.

Rory Stewart, only one that talks some kind of sense about the tax and the brexit party guy asking question attacked him. Talk about brexit party stupidity.

Rory Stewart, only one that talks some kind of sense about the tax and the brexit party guy asking question attacked him. Talk about brexit party stupidity.
    This is just a farce.

The idea that any could now serve in a cabinet where another was PM is comical.

Boris is saying he's been misrepresented by the media despite having written about Muslim women in the Telegraph:

I would go further and say that it is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes.

Clearly misrepresented.

- - - Updated - - -

But Jeremy Cunt is married to a Japanese, *cough* sorry, Chinese (he can never remember) wife so he's not a racist. So, that's all good.

- - - Updated - - -

Erin - 15, Glasgow, climate striker - has, in about 20 words, shown BJ up for being the disingenuous, lying, morally-bankrupt cunt that he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry - to explain to non UK people - that was mine and Kallisto's pointless and meandering commentary on a televised debate between BJ, Gove, Cunt, Javid & Stewart, which as you'd expect was truly dreadful.

I guess the real winner of tonight's debate is Jeremy Corbyn.

Conservative and Unionist Party.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

My sympathies to those who actually watched the debate if the participants were as stupid as their plans seem to indicate. That must have been a painful thing ti watch

The only one who had semblence of sensibility about them (Rory Stewart) was the one who was attacked the most by the brexit party voter they brought in and the other candidates. They all basically ignored Johnson while Gove went out of his way to attack Corbyn even when told not to due to it not being part of the debate.

The one thing they seemed to be united on is Brown not calling an election when becoming PM is the most evil thing a PM can do. While them not calling an election after becoming PM is the super most good thing to do because reasons.

The one thing they seemed to be united on is Brown not calling an election when becoming PM is the most evil thing a PM can do. While them not calling an election after becoming PM is the super most good thing to do because reasons.
    Just to be absolutely clear on this - is the distinction they are making between then and now that there was no "Labour party leadership contest" and that Blair stood down and "annointed" Brown as his successor? I can't remember that far back very well and I wasn't a Labour party member then either.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

No one contested him, it was a one horse race.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Just to be absolutely clear on this - is the distinction they are making between then and now that there was no "Labour party leadership contest" and that Blair stood down and "annointed" Brown as his successor? I can't remember that far back very well and I wasn't a Labour party member then either.
    The argument they are making is that Brexit makes an election too difficult. It's fairly obvious that what they actually mean is that elections are unpredictable and none of them want to risk being the shortest sitting PM ever.

I dont know why no one wants to question Javid's time at Deuthsche Bank. He was in a leadership role during the time they were found partly responsible for the 2008 financial crash as well as a host of other scandals at Europe's scummiest bank.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    The argument they are making is that Brexit makes an election too difficult. It's fairly obvious that what they actually mean is that elections are unpredictable and none of them want to risk being the shortest sitting PM ever.

I dont know why no one wants to question Javid's time at Deuthsche Bank. He was in a leadership role during the time they were found partly responsible for the 2008 financial crash as well as a host of other scandals at Europe's scummiest bank.
    Deutsche Bank responsible for the 2008 crash? Are you mad? If anything, they're responsible for being one of the links that brought the crash into Europe. But the 2008 crisis is all on US banks.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    He was in a leadership role during the time they were found partly responsible for the 2008 financial crash as well as a host of other scandals at Europe's scummiest bank.
    You know while I am not going to disagree that Deutsche Bank is scummy, I think the scummiest bank title is heavily contested.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Pit Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I hope N. Ireland and Scotland see this and understand how little England actually cares about them. Would be hysterical and hilarious if they left england.
    The thing is, it may very well happen with a no deal Brexit. Poor Scotland, I hope we can reasonably expedite their reentry into the EU; they can probably join the EFTA almost immediately anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Conservative and Unionist Party.
    What exactly are they supposedly conserving?
    National misery?

If demographics for NI that I've seen are to be trusted and the correlation between Catholics and being republican is actually as close to 100% as was suggested, Irish reunification is pretty much guaranteed - which of course makes the whole "The evil Backstop will trap the UK" outrage completely ridiculous.

There were a lot of reports that the Scottish independence referendum only failed because at that time it would have cost them EU membership, so that could also change were the EU(read Spanish) attitudes to shift to a more positive one after Brexit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    What exactly are they supposedly conserving?
    National misery?
    My guess is the idea that the past was awesome and that it should come back on the double thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    If demographics for NI that I've seen are to be trusted and the correlation between Catholics and being republican is actually as close to 100% as was suggested, Irish reunification is pretty much guaranteed - which of course makes the whole "The evil Backstop will trap the UK" outrage completely ridiculous.

There were a lot of reports that the Scottish independence referendum only failed because at that time it would have cost them EU membership, so that could also change were the EU(read Spanish) attitudes to shift to a more positive one after Brexit.
    I doubt that the EU will change the process. It is what it is. What can happen is the UK can join the EFTA which covers most of their concerns very soon or immediately after they leave the UK and then work to join the EU which while possible to expedite will still take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Deutsche Bank responsible for the 2008 crash? Are you mad? If anything, they're responsible for being one of the links that brought the crash into Europe. But the 2008 crisis is all on US banks.
    I said partly responsible, which they were. It cost them over 7 billion dollars to settle the case against them in the US.

As far as Javid is concerned, it's not even the only scandal the bank was involved in while he was there.