View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Please take a break and chill a bit - the thread is getting vicious. Do not rage at other posters, even burners. In fact, it would be best if burners were not engaged at all - their posts are usually wiped within half a day and half a conversation remaining looks rather silly.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but I am bowing out in a mission accomplished kind of way, brexit thanks to people like me is now inevitable.

My views are not welcome here, despite being one of the 17.4 million leavers and trying to represent the majority of the UK electorate. No one else other than me appears to want to do it here, I wonder why. No, I'll tell you ...The appointment of a new EU fanatical sheriff here in a Junkeresque anointmental EU kind of way who cannot keep his pre promotion biased views separate from the supposedly impartial "job" taken on has ensured no pro brexit British people will ever post here. Example...

An open and honest two sided discussion is not possible any longer with an opposing dictatorial viewpoint controlling the playground.

So I'll leave you in your pro EU/remoaner echo chamber in ever diminishing numbers to slap your happy EU backs, free to nation bash Britain unfettered as much as you like.

Go for it eurochums knock yourselves out we are big enough to take it, I'll still see you on the main boards where we will continue to happily converse free of the Brexit topic on my main, not alt, account.

So goodbye from me to you here, will see you there. And don't forget, for one last time, Tick Tock.
    What a cunt...lol...like I said, he never disappoints. Honestly I question all the time if you actually live in the UK, I’d be shocked if you do. Either way, anyone want to take bets on how long he can hold out? October is a long way away...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Please take a break and chill a bit - the thread is getting vicious. Do not rage at other posters, even burners. In fact, it would be best if burners were not engaged at all - their posts are usually wiped within half a day and half a conversation remaining looks rather silly.
    Sorry, that post came in right after, he deserves it though, delete what you want. *high five*

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You're in a Brexit thread, that you even created, which is inherently about UK politics and it's politicians. You can't whinge when UK politics are discussed...

But then, you seem to have devolved into dribbles silly "tick tock" nonsense.
    I'm not whinging. I'm making fun of it. Time's running out. And how is it that the people of the UK aren't standing in front of Parliament asking for heads to roll? England used to be way more decisive in the past... perhaps it is time the monarchy took control.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm not whinging. I'm making fun of it. Time's running out. And how is it that the people of the UK aren't standing in front of Parliament asking for heads to roll? England used to be way more decisive in the past... perhaps it is time the monarchy took control.
    I don't think the monarchy could take control, honestly. And no doubt we'd actually have MPs and others trying to block them taking control or fucking things up even more if they somehow did take control.
    Often updated... ?

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Imo the interesting part is how this will shape EU influence in SEA and Oceania. We have agreements in place or at work with Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand. This will increasingly place us in competition with China.
    And really the big one will be the FTA with Mercosur which is very likely to happen in the near future.
    aaaand FTA with Japan was in the bag months ago. the very FTA Liam Fox applauded as "3bn boost to GDP" on twitter.
    but who needs +3bn and FTA's with mayor partners in UK ? pfft !!!

I don't think the monarchy could take control, honestly. And no doubt we'd actually have MPs and others trying to block them taking control or fucking things up even more if they somehow did take control.
    Put it this way... the only reason Parliament has such a big clout over the monarchy is because the people are behind them. Or... were? Which is the point I'm making. If Parliament doesn't represent the people anymore, they lose their power over the monarchy. And certainly, no matter what the Queen would decide, it'd be better than this mess.

If you haven't noticed, this isn't entirely serious. But an interesting trail of tought. Just for funsies.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

They could just hand the reins over to the House of Lords - At least as far as Brexit goes they have seemed rather a lot more sensible.

Man, I think I'll miss dribbles drivels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

A bunch of times actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Man, I think I'll miss dribbles drivels.
    He'll be back. He's done this "I'm going away never to return." thing. Comes back a week later when something happens that shows Brexit to be shit and tries to spin it as a win.

I don't mean to be controversial, but this thread has ticked along nicely for 1000+ pages without heavy-handed moderation.

Would be nice if that could continue.

Or, maybe just delete/shut down politics sub forum?

Blairite cunt.

Wheres your evidence of anti-semiiteism in Labour?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-07-01 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Flaming

Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    My views are not welcome here, despite being one of the 17.4 million leavers and trying to represent the majority of the UK electorate.
    I hate to break it to you buddy, but you can't represent the majority when you're pro Brexit as you're supporting the minority opinion. This is why your heroes are 100% against any kind of confirmatory referendum, because they still can't believe they fluked the first one on via skewed turnout and know they have no chance in hell of winning a second, especially now opinion has slid so far towards remain.

I don't think the monarchy could take control, honestly.
    Actually, once the Tories elect a new leader that leader then has to request permission from the queen to form a new government. It's incredibly unlikely it would happen but the queen would be well within her rights/powers to simply say no (in which case a general election would be called).

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Actually, once the Tories elect a new leader that leader then has to request permission from the queen to form a new government. It's incredibly unlikely it would happen but the queen would be well within her rights/powers to simply say no (in which case a general election would be called).
    Literally, I'll bet you £1000 to your £1 that the Queen will not "simply say no".

Charity of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Literally, I'll bet you £1000 to your £1 that the Queen will not "simply say no".

Charity of your choice.
    He just said it's incredibly unlikely. Sounds like he meant a 1/1000 chance of it happening. Don't bet against a dude that's on your side of the bet. It doesn't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He just said it's incredibly unlikely. Sounds like he meant a 1/1000 chance of it happening. Don't bet against a dude that's on your side of the bet. It doesn't work like that.
    Not at all. It’s an easy £1 for Oxfam.

Anyway, at this rate the queen will be long gone by the time the UK actually Brexits.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Not at all. It’s an easy £1 for Oxfam.

Anyway, at this rate the queen will be long gone by the time the UK actually Brexits.
    pfft, Elizabeth the Eternal will outlive BoJo easily

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    pfft, Elizabeth the Eternal will outlive BoJo easily
    She'll be the bigger loss to humanity at any rate.

Interestingly, despite the mess that is Boris Johnson the Cons are ahead of Lab in the latest Ipsos Mori poll. On the face of it, it would appear that the LDs are gaining votes at the expense of the Lab and that people are beginning to lose interest in BXP.

Westminster Voting Intention:

CON: 26% (+1)
    LAB: 24% (-3)
    LDM: 22% (+7)
    BXP: 12% (-4)
    GRN: 8% (-1)

Via IpsosMORI.
    Changes w/ 10-14 May.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...07794914123777

It will be interesting to see if this is a one off or if a trend is beginning to develop in other polls.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-06-27 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Interestingly, despite the mess that is Boris Johnson the Cons are ahead of Lab in the latest Ipsos Mori poll. On the face of it, it would appear that the LDs are gaining votes at the expense of the Lab and that people are beginning to lose interest in BXP.

Westminster Voting Intention:

CON: 26% (+1)
    LAB: 24% (-3)
    LDM: 22% (+7)
    BXP: 12% (-4)
    GRN: 8% (-1)

Via IpsosMORI.
    Changes w/ 10-14 May.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...07794914123777

It will be interesting to see if this is a one off or if a trend is beginning to develop in other polls.
    I'm guessing Boris will syphon away brexit party votes while Labour dithering (well Corbyn's) is going to cost them votes until they put themselves as the main remain party. They'll lose more dithering or being a brexit party than they would going full remain.

Boris Johnson's Brexit deal claims rubbished by Guy Verhofstadt
    Boris Johnson’s claims about the prospects of rewriting the Brexit deal have been compared by the European parliament’s Brexit coordinator to the “false promises, pseudo-patriotism and foreigner-bashing” he is said to have used to win the EU referendum.

The suggestion from the Conservative leadership frontrunner that he will be able to dump Theresa May’s withdrawal agreement, withhold the UK’s £39bn divorce bill and still negotiate a free-trade deal in Brussels was savaged by Guy Verhofstadt.

The former prime minister of Belgium said Johnson’s assertion during the current leadership campaign was a myth. In a withering assessment of the race between Johnson and Jeremy Hunt, who also claims he will be able to renegotiate the deal, Verhofstadt said it appeared they had “learned nothing whatsoever”.

The EU has repeatedly said it will not renegotiate the agreement and that the UK will crash out unless the House of Commons ratifies the full package, including the protocol containing the Irish backstop for avoiding a hard border on the island of Ireland.

Describing Johnson as the Vote Leave campaign’s “most prominent architect” and “a man who continues to dissemble, exaggerate and disinform”, Verhofstadt said he appeared to be unable to stop spreading “untruths”.

He added: “Chief among them is the myth that Britain can tear up the withdrawal agreement that May negotiated with the EU, withhold its financial commitments to the bloc and simultaneously start negotiating free-trade deals.

“To Johnson’s followers, however, he is more prophet than politician: only he can deliver a mythical ‘true Brexit’ that will deliver the prosperity promised during the referendum campaign.

“As is often the case with populists, reality does not square with Johnson’s ensorcelling combination of false promises, pseudo-patriotism and foreigner-bashing.

“He and his fellow Brexiteers speak of a ‘global Britain’ that will trade freely with the rest of the world, even as they drag their country down a path strewn with uprooted trade ties and substantial new barriers to commerce.”
    - - - Updated - - -

Vauxhall Astra: Ellesmere Port manufacture 'depends on Brexit'
    The next generation of the Vauxhall Astra will be built at its Ellesmere Port car plant if a satisfactory Brexit deal is reached, its owners have said.

The PSA Group said it would also invest in the Rüsselsheim plant in Germany to manufacture Opel Astras from 2021.

It said the decision would be conditional on the New Vehicle Agreement, negotiated with Unite.

In a statement, it said the decision demonstrated "the continuous effort and commitment" of the group.

Currently the Vauxhall and Opel Astra are built in Ellesmere Port in Cheshire, which was opened in 1962, and in Gliwice, Poland.

The PSA Group said the decision on the allocation to the Ellesmere Port plant "will be conditional on the final terms of the UK's exit from the European Union and the acceptance of the New Vehicle Agreement, which has been negotiated with the Unite trade union".

The New Vehicle Agreement is an agreement between management and unions covering working practices along with terms and conditions which are struck prior to the production of new models.
    That's about 1100 jobs.
    Often updated... ?