View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #20881
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    21,003
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Well I looked, you can't find a source, I can't find a source, perhaps there isn't one?

    Anyhow everything will be alright Herr Verhofstadt has offered "full support to the government & people of Ireland" you know just like they did to the Greeks in their time of crisis. That'll be alright then...

    In the meantime he urges all eurochums to "keep calm" and carry on...

    https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/s...43365239525376
    You couldn't find a souce?

    https://www.euronews.com/2019/07/26/...ant-it-ditched

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Nothing to do with the UK then, its an internal EU dispute, the UK are not building a hard border under any circumstances. Deal or no deal. The obvious solution is the one my "The Sun" link reported today...
    So the UK wants to have no power over tariffs at all?

    Well, you're going to have a pretty awesome time trying to negotiate trade agreements coming to the table with "we have open borders, yolo".
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  2. #20882
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm a nurse, I'm not allowed to, nor would I.
    My point is that marches and demonstrations, sure fair. Do that. But they hardly help unless it also disrupts the economy somehow. So if the pro-EU people really want to make a point their wallets will have to take a hit. Or they have to organize it through their unions for some coverage. I get that some proffessions can't do that, say healthcare services.
    But it's a thing I feel hasn't been loud enough the last 30-40 years. We just march and go this is not what we want. We don't show it in ways that hurt us a bit but hurt the other a fuckload (and scare them).
    - Lars

  3. #20883
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    So it is a dispute between Ireland and the EU then? As from your BBC link... The Irish government has repeated its stance that it will "not accept a hard border on this island".

    Nothing to do with the UK then, its an internal EU dispute, the UK are not building a hard border under any circumstances. Deal or no deal. The obvious solution is the one my "The Sun" link reported today...
    So we've gotten to the point of having to explain basic geometry to dribbles lol.

    A border between two shapes touches both shapes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  4. #20884
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I get that many are upset, but can remainers stop spreading project fear falsehoods about there being a need for a hard border in Ireland?
    A kid grabs a fork and goes to stick it into an electrical socket. One parent see's it and tries to stop them, but the other parent pipes in with "PROJECT FEAR!". Pointing out the likely calamitous consequences is not "project fear". And again, it isn't a falsehood to say that there will be a hard border in Ireland due to no deal, because there will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

  5. #20885
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    A kid grabs a fork and goes to stick it into an electrical socket. One parent see's it and tries to stop them, but the other parent pipes in with "PROJECT FEAR!". Pointing out the likely calamitous consequences is not "project fear". And again, it isn't a falsehood to say that there will be a hard border in Ireland due to no deal, because there will be.
    Which force is going to create one if neither UK nor Ireland will commit to it?

  6. #20886
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Which force is going to create one if neither UK nor Ireland will commit to it?
    both will commit, or just one and the other is glad about still.
    cede NI to EU rules and main UK is safe; it was the first idea even.

  7. #20887
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    21,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Which force is going to create one if neither UK nor Ireland will commit to it?
    Neither the UK nor Ireland can't commit to it.

    The UK needs it to be able to negotiate any trade deals ever and Ireland needs it to keep the common market secured.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    both will commit, or just one and the other is glad about still.
    cede NI to EU rules and main UK is safe; it was the first idea even.
    Well no, that wouldn't solve anything unless there are border checks at any port of entry in NI.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  8. #20888
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    ....

    Well no, that wouldn't solve anything unless there are border checks at any port of entry in NI.
    first backstop idea was about that: NI would technically remain EU member, any controls were on the "backside" aka Irish Sea.

  9. #20889
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    21,003
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    first backstop idea was about that: NI would technically remain EU member, any controls were on the "backside" aka Irish Sea.
    Got it, thought you weren't talking about the backstop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  10. #20890
    Corbyns signalled (again) that he wants to call a vote of no confidence he's "ready to fight Boris Johnson in a general election" (while still sitting on the Brexit fence)

    ..the fact he doesn't aknowledge the Lib Dems and the Brexit party as groups he needs to fight too just shows how completely out of touch he still is.

    The next election is going to come down to a clash between Corbyn and Farages' egos.

    If Corbyn were to step aside and let someone new (and possibly vocally pro-remain) into power, Labour could scoop back a lot of the support that's been lost to Greens and Libdems. If the Torie vote stays divided by Brexit party, a rejuvinated Labour would clear up. But Corbyn won't. So the left vote will just get more split and smaller for each party.

    On the other hand, does Farage care more about his ego than he does Brexit? Brexit party have proved too popular for their own good. They've split the vote enough that Labour+Libs have won Torie seats. If an election were called with Brexit party they'd risk splitting the vote, having the government entirely dominated by anti-brexit parties and maybe losing Brexit. Whereas if he had the Brexit party publicly endorse Boris entirely for a guaranteed Brexit and stand down it's MPS from the elections, they'd completely DESTROY everyone and could make Labour in its current form extinct.

    Who will step down first and do the right thing for their team? Corbyn or Farage?

    (either way, I think this election will really show how catastrophically bad the FPTP system is)
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-07-28 at 03:11 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

  11. #20891
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Got it, thought you weren't talking about the backstop.
    UK rejected the first solution under May. what will BoJo do as soon NI secretary talks about or upon visit to NI by himself the idea is back on the table ?
    he would have to throw DUP under a bus (and forget about his new self styled designation "Minister for the Union" ), but it gives a brexit.

  12. #20892
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    UK rejected the first solution under May. what will BoJo do as soon NI secretary talks about or upon visit to NI by himself the idea is back on the table ?
    he would have to throw DUP under a bus (and forget about his new self styled designation "Minister for the Union" ), but it gives a brexit.
    BoJo's plan is a hard Brexit he isn't even guaranteeing rights for EU citizens, this shit show is about to go into overdrive. The UK was already in a bad situation now that you have an idiot at the wheels it's going to go catastrophic, pretty good chance he will piss off the EU during negotiations.

  13. #20893
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    BoJo's plan is a hard Brexit he isn't even guaranteeing rights for EU citizens, this shit show is about to go into overdrive. The UK was already in a bad situation now that you have an idiot at the wheels it's going to go catastrophic, pretty good chance he will piss off the EU during negotiations.
    Doubt that. EU people are easily frustrated, but they don't get angered by negotiations going sour. It's their job, they know that sometimes you just can't make a deal... see TTIP.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  14. #20894
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Doubt that. EU people are easily frustrated, but they don't get angered by negotiations going sour. It's their job, they know that sometimes you just can't make a deal... see TTIP.
    And really sometimes No Deal IS better than a bad deal.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  15. #20895
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Doubt that. EU people are easily frustrated, but they don't get angered by negotiations going sour. It's their job, they know that sometimes you just can't make a deal... see TTIP.
    Their job is to negotiate, which they have done professionally and in good faith. Nobody is going to lose their job or be blamed over this. If it fails, they'll just move on to the next task.

  16. #20896
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    8,267
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    A kid grabs a fork and goes to stick it into an electrical socket. One parent see's it and tries to stop them, but the other parent pipes in with "PROJECT FEAR!". Pointing out the likely calamitous consequences is not "project fear".
    Is this a UK electrical socket or an EU electrical socket? Because forks only work on one of them (sorry but it was too funny to resist).

  17. #20897
    Quote Originally Posted by tharatnth View Post
    SNIP
    Sorry I missed your reply before your account was deleted. Why do you spam accounts?
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  18. #20898
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Their job is to negotiate, which they have done professionally and in good faith. Nobody is going to lose their job or be blamed over this. If it fails, they'll just move on to the next task.
    They already are. EU's making FTAs after FTAs. They busy af, man. Seems these days even the fucking Europeans that screwed basically everyone else over at some point in history are more trustworthy than anyone else. When the US and China come to blows, I vote we sit that one out and deal with whoever's left.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Sorry I missed your reply before your account was deleted. Why do you spam accounts?
    I didn't even see he posted. If you want to know how to do that, read below. Life's gotten a LOT more enjoyable here all of a sudden.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  19. #20899
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I didn't even see he posted. If you want to know how to do that, read below. Life's gotten a LOT more enjoyable here all of a sudden.
    Oh no he posted in another thread (different account) and I asked him then but he was deleted before I got around to reading it.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  20. #20900
    Quote Originally Posted by tharatnth View Post
    Congratulations, you are the one hundredth annoying cunt that doesn't understand electoral math.

    For the benefit of painfully stupid remainers: Labour lost in 2010 and 2015 with leaders who lacked any commitment to socialist principles. The middle-class vote turned out: the working class stayed at home, that's why Labour lost. By contrast in 2017 with an actual socialist leader Labour came within 1% of winning the popular vote despite Blairites attempting to stab him in the back the whole way through the election.

    I bet this stuff: I do the analysis. I am so tired of you people fabricating bloody stupid fantasy scenarios of some kind of Blairite victory. There is no plausible Blairite candidate that could beat Corbyn or would outperform him in a General Election. Do you not think the papers would be running that poll if that were the case?

    If Corbyn is replaced then Labour will become an entirely middle-class party and it can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. We put up with you Blairite cunts for years: you can subject yourself to the party discipline now or you can fuck off. I will vote tory before I vote for another Blairite. We are not bluffing. We are fucking sick of you latte-drinking tossers. It is the Labour party, it represents the workers, if you want to join a vehicle for Remain then you can join Change UK riding high on 0% of the vote currently.
    On the case of why Labour is likely fucked in the next GE, I present to you exhibit A.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •