View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #20981
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They still think the single market is a joke. They have no idea how much pain the EU will go through to preserve the integrity of the single market.
    They do not realize how much pain the UK will have to go through to achieve pretty much the same on their own terms either..

  2. #20982
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They still think the single market is a joke. They have no idea how much pain the EU will go through to preserve the integrity of the single market.
    Because the protectionist EU single market and trade policy is a joke, in one word Mercosur. I see today that after 20 years of jaw jaw still not getting ratified any time soon. Supposedly the benefits to EU businesses are in the region of 4bn euro a year, that's 80bn in unnecessary costs over 20 years to the struggling EU economy, their customers and citizens in the time they have been talking. What a farce.

    French Agriculture Minister Didier Guillaume warned the Macron government would not ratify the free-trade agreement “in its current form”.

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...sur-trade-deal

    I'll wager right now the UK implements a free trade deal with Mercosur after brexit before the EU ever does...
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  3. #20983
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    They do not realize how much pain the UK will have to go through to achieve pretty much the same on their own terms either..
    Not our problem.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  4. #20984
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    21,693
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Because the protectionist EU single market and trade policy is a joke, in one word Mercosur. I see today that after 20 years of jaw jaw still not getting ratified any time soon. Supposedly the benefits to EU businesses are in the region of 4bn euro a year, that's 80bn in unnecessary costs over 20 years to the struggling EU economy, their customers and citizens in the time they have been talking. What a farce.

    French Agriculture Minister Didier Guillaume warned the Macron government would not ratify the free-trade agreement “in its current form”.

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...sur-trade-deal

    I'll wager right now the UK implements a free trade deal with Mercosur after brexit before the EU ever does...
    Project believe!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  5. #20985
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    They do not realize how much pain the UK will have to go through to achieve pretty much the same on their own terms either..
    Some of us do.

  6. #20986
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,159
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    I mean you wont be getting your 'bent banana' because you've admitted in your first paragraph that your happy for EU regulations to continue to apply to imports into the UK. Those mythical bananas would already have been turned away before they got to the UK.

    If you dislike EU regulators why are you happy for them to continue to regulate UK imports, are British people really that lazy?

    - - - Updated - - -



    He hasn't.

    If a UK company exports something to the EU which doesn't meet its regulatory standards it will be dealt with accordingly. Just as would happen with an import from any other country.
    That sort of post about bendy bananas is just Dribbles playing up Brexiteer stereotypes as a bad joke. What he gets out of doing that in this thread, I'm not entirely sure, but there's strong reason to believe he's not entirely serious with that specific brand of drivel.

  7. #20987
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,890
    Going back a touch. Ryanair isn't failing because of Brexit.

    It's failing because it's a piece of shit company and people would happily fork out another tenner and fly with something that isn't run by soulless leeches who charge their own staff for bottled water when the cabin temperature is 35c+


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  8. #20988
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,811
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Some of us do.
    I guess i meant most of the hardline nodeal brexit types

  9. #20989
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Going back a touch. Ryanair isn't failing because of Brexit.

    It's failing because it's a piece of shit company and people would happily fork out another tenner and fly with something that isn't run by soulless leeches who charge their own staff for bottled water when the cabin temperature is 35c+
    Ryanair is not in any way, shape or form failing, passenger numbers were up 11% in the first quarter and it is set to make between €750million and €950million in profit this year, it does however face a number of challenges - one of which is Brexit (However dribbles is significantly over playing the impact of Brexit on Ryanair's profit slump).
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-07-30 at 05:57 PM.

  10. #20990
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No regulatory alignment whatsoever.
    Regulatory alignment mean jack shit unless there is a legally binding paper saying the UK will do just that. That's usually a clause in an FTA.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I'll wager right now the UK implements a free trade deal with Mercosur after brexit before the EU ever does...
    You'll get all the FTAs in the world if you're willing the bend over.

  11. #20991
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    You'll get all the FTAs in the world if you're willing the bend over.
    Boris refusing to meet anyone from the EU unless they re-open the withdrawal agreement and accept the backstop is dead is hardly bending over now is it?
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  12. #20992
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Boris refusing to meet anyone from the EU unless they re-open the withdrawal agreement and accept the backstop is dead is hardly bending over now is it?
    Who says he refused? As far as I can see he didn't even ask, which should have been his first move after getting elected.
    You'd imagine a responsible leader to meet his counterparts asap, especially when so much is at stake.
    Or is it that he knows that the British clown mumbling persona that got him elected won't get him anywhere abroad, and he'll just get bitch-slapped?

  13. #20993
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    8,341
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Who knows very soon I might even legally be allowed to buy and consume a bent banana...
    You can do that now, you just can't sell it to another EU country.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They still think the single market is a joke.
    Heeey, the British don't think the single market is a joke, here's what our prime minister had to say on it:

    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Johnson
    I'm in favour of the single market. I want us to be able to trade freely with our European friends and partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Johnson
    Personally, I would like to stay in the single market
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Johnson
    We need to stay in the council of ministers of the internal market. In my view, the British have done good things for Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Johnson
    We have the free movement of goods meaning French companies can buy important things like infrastructure in the UK and we benefit
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Johnson
    Staying in the single market is essential and deliverable
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Johnson
    remaining in the European Union would be a boon for the world and for Europe, This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms, The membership fee seems rather small for all that access
    Of course that was all before he joined the Brexit campaign and became anti-EU to boost his career (in one case mere hours before) and in fairness it's certainly worked out for him lol.
    Last edited by caervek; 2019-07-30 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Missed the apostrophe

  14. #20994
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You can do that now, you just can't sell it to another EU country.
    He can do it now and he can buy/sell it to/from EU countries, too. I mean, you're not helping by perpetuating the myth.

    https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...060217&from=EN

    The only mentions of "bending" are:

    - with the stalk intact, without bending, fungal damage or dessication,
    And that a) refers to the stalk and is b) an imprecise description, in the German version it talks about "- mit unversehrtem, ungeknicktem, nicht ausgetrocknetem Stiel, frei von Pilzbefall;"

    If we use that to interpret what the only mention of "bending" is about, it's better to think of it as "folded" instead of bending.

    He can sell bendy bananas as much as he likes. His problem will be that the UK is not where the EU buys bananas from. So even if he got bananas straightened with a ruler, we wouldn't buy from him.

    What he thinks this is about is another section talking about abnormal shapes. But I think we can all agree that most forms of curvature in a banana are pretty normal. That's why we see bendy bananas in all supermarkets here. If you don't have proper bananas in the UK, that's really on you, not the EU. Not that Dribbles would care...

    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  15. #20995
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He can do it now and he can buy/sell it to/from EU countries, too. I mean, you're not helping by perpetuating the myth.

    https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...060217&from=EN

    The only mentions of "bending" are:



    And that a) refers to the stalk and is b) an imprecise description, in the German version it talks about "- mit unversehrtem, ungeknicktem, nicht ausgetrocknetem Stiel, frei von Pilzbefall;"

    If we use that to interpret what the only mention of "bending" is about, it's better to think of it as "folded" instead of bending.

    He can sell bendy bananas as much as he likes. His problem will be that the UK is not where the EU buys bananas from. So even if he got bananas straightened with a ruler, we wouldn't buy from him.

    What he thinks this is about is another section talking about abnormal shapes. But I think we can all agree that most forms of curvature in a banana are pretty normal. That's why we see bendy bananas in all supermarkets here. If you don't have proper bananas in the UK, that's really on you, not the EU. Not that Dribbles would care...

    Their prime minister used to create such myths for a living for the Daily Telegraph with even less foundation than that

    Babel towers and hairnet for fishermen type of lunacy

  16. #20996
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Their prime minister used to create such myths for a living for the Daily Telegraph with even less foundation than that

    Babel towers and hairnet for fishermen type of lunacy
    He was fired for inventing stories in the end, wasn't he? I mean, they have a PM who has been fired for making up bullshit. You don't need to know more than that, really...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  17. #20997
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He was fired for inventing stories in the end, wasn't he? I mean, they have a PM who has been fired for making up bullshit. You don't need to know more than that, really...
    He was hired by Telegraph after being fired by The Times for bullshitting. So even they hired him knowing he was a bullshitter.

  18. #20998
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post

    Looks like the US isn't willing to help a fucked up country afterall:
    Didn't Pelosi say that last year? Good to see they haven't changed their mind. Pressure from the US is probably the only thing that BoJo would listen to right now.

  19. #20999
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Didn't Pelosi say that last year? Good to see they haven't changed their mind. Pressure from the US is probably the only thing that BoJo would listen to right now.
    Incoming 30 years of tabloid "We could have done all the things we promise but that conniving US has interfered again, gosh darnit" to replace Europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

  20. #21000
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Incoming 30 years of tabloid "We could have done all the things we promise but that conniving US has interfered again, gosh darnit" to replace Europe?
    Their plan would have worked if it hadn't been for those pesky American kids, you mean?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •