View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #21021
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You realise that you've contradicted your claim that goods would be destroyed or confiscated?
    Again with the semantics. Don't be daft. If you try to export something into the EU without the proper paperwork and without paying customs (aka smuggle), it'll get stopped at the border until you do. You can take it back or get it confiscated or destroyed. You know how customs work, don't act like an idiot.
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-07-30 at 04:01 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  2. #21022
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    15,417
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post

    He hasn't.

    If a UK company exports something to the EU which doesn't meet its regulatory standards it will be dealt with accordingly. Just as would happen with an import from any other country.
    It will be as with goods from China, confiscated, send back or destroyed depending on the nature of it. I'm leaving on the send back option because i believe customs will be so packed that the bulk of it would just be destroyed.

    All ports are investing a lot of money on stopping counterfeit goods and drugs into Europe, most of these goods don't pass through the UK first as i believe the continental ports are bigger, so suddenly we have to entrust the UK to control all those goods before sending them through to us, ignoring they don't have the infrastructure or man power for it. And we aren't even on good terms with them especially not post no deal brexit.

    Anyway i wouldn't invest too much time, if that's their believe you aren't going to change the opinion of a brexiteer.

  3. #21023
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Am I crazy or is Ryanair an Irish company, not a dreaded EU firm?
    Ireland is in the EU. However, Ryanair has more to deal with than Brexit. Belgium and German low cost airliners are being good competitors. The article says so itself, or others do anyway.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  4. #21024
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You initially claimed that Ryanair was Northern Ireland company in order to prove dribbles' point wrong when it is based in the Republic which is a different country, trying to claim that it is an Irish company does not make your point correct.
    Again, are you suggesting this was me "having a go" or not?
    Often updated... ?

  5. #21025
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    I mean you wont be getting your 'bent banana' because you've admitted in your first paragraph that your happy for EU regulations to continue to apply to imports into the UK. Those mythical bananas would already have been turned away before they got to the UK.

    If you dislike EU regulators why are you happy for them to continue to regulate UK imports, are British people really that lazy
    But we will, our bananas don't all come from the EU. And those of an abnormal curvature that growers have to destroy, yet are perfectly edible, can now be enjoyed by UK people at far less cost than the "perfect" ones that must be supplied to the EU. A benefit to the UK people of Brexit.

    The EU will only regulate UK imports from the EU and have all the huge costs of regulation and inspection to pay for. An overhead UK businesses will not have to pay for, again making them more competitive. Another benefit of Brexit to the detriment of the EU.

    The more the EU regulates, bans, inspects and so on, the more the UK will smile and sagely nod its head politely across the channel and say good job eurochums you carry on over regulating your business people to bankruptcy.

  6. #21026
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Again, are you suggesting this was me "having a go" or not?
    Why deny it? You tried to have a go at dribbles and in the process made yourself look foolish.

  7. #21027
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why deny it? You tried to have a go at dribbles and in the process made yourself look foolish.
    Yeah, no. If you class that as "having a go", you're a super thin-skinned joke.

    Now, if you'd have mentioned me "having a go" along the lines of the second half of that post, where I quite rightly question why people still entertain him and ask why he was still here after claiming he was going to leave, maybe you'd have a point. Maybe.
    Often updated... ?

  8. #21028
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, no. If you class that as "having a go", you're a super thin-skinned joke.

    Now, if you'd have mentioned me "having a go" along the lines of the second half of that post, where I quite rightly question why people still entertain him and ask why he was still here after claiming he was going to leave, maybe you'd have a point. Maybe.
    Yeah. You sure showed me!

    You're argument is that you were not having a go when you sarcastically claimed that Ryanair was not "a dreaded EU firm" but you were in the second part of your post?!? Brilliant!

    Look I have no interest in this and I suggest that your repeated replies only serve to highlight that you seemingly don't know the difference between NI and RoI. Seriously, let it go! However I realise that you will be keen to have the last word on the matter and to that end this post will be my last on the subject.

  9. #21029
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I don't know what you mean by "surpassed long ago" but I assume you mean GATT 24 although there is no clarity in your point.

    The UK is, as are all nations, free to control its borders as it sees fit, including not enforcing them (whatever that might mean). Let me get this straight you think that the EU would confiscate and destroy goods coming from the UK? On what grounds? It would appear that you are suggesting that the EU would treat goods from the UK differently to goods from other nations. Is that what you meant? And how do you propose that this discriminatory customs regime would be enforced?

    Oh, go on then. I could do with a laugh.
    No regulatory alignment whatsoever.

    The EU would treat goods from the UK differently to goods from other nations because either those other nations have a regulatory alignment for the goods in question, or it would treat them the same as goods without regulatory alignment, either way, they wouldn't be allowed entering the single market.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  10. #21030
    They still think the single market is a joke. They have no idea how much pain the EU will go through to preserve the integrity of the single market.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  11. #21031
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They still think the single market is a joke. They have no idea how much pain the EU will go through to preserve the integrity of the single market.
    They do not realize how much pain the UK will have to go through to achieve pretty much the same on their own terms either..

  12. #21032
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They still think the single market is a joke. They have no idea how much pain the EU will go through to preserve the integrity of the single market.
    Because the protectionist EU single market and trade policy is a joke, in one word Mercosur. I see today that after 20 years of jaw jaw still not getting ratified any time soon. Supposedly the benefits to EU businesses are in the region of 4bn euro a year, that's 80bn in unnecessary costs over 20 years to the struggling EU economy, their customers and citizens in the time they have been talking. What a farce.

    French Agriculture Minister Didier Guillaume warned the Macron government would not ratify the free-trade agreement “in its current form”.

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...sur-trade-deal

    I'll wager right now the UK implements a free trade deal with Mercosur after brexit before the EU ever does...

  13. #21033
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    They do not realize how much pain the UK will have to go through to achieve pretty much the same on their own terms either..
    Not our problem.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  14. #21034
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    20,807
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Because the protectionist EU single market and trade policy is a joke, in one word Mercosur. I see today that after 20 years of jaw jaw still not getting ratified any time soon. Supposedly the benefits to EU businesses are in the region of 4bn euro a year, that's 80bn in unnecessary costs over 20 years to the struggling EU economy, their customers and citizens in the time they have been talking. What a farce.

    French Agriculture Minister Didier Guillaume warned the Macron government would not ratify the free-trade agreement “in its current form”.

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...sur-trade-deal

    I'll wager right now the UK implements a free trade deal with Mercosur after brexit before the EU ever does...
    Project believe!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  15. #21035
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    They do not realize how much pain the UK will have to go through to achieve pretty much the same on their own terms either..
    Some of us do.
    Often updated... ?

  16. #21036
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    I mean you wont be getting your 'bent banana' because you've admitted in your first paragraph that your happy for EU regulations to continue to apply to imports into the UK. Those mythical bananas would already have been turned away before they got to the UK.

    If you dislike EU regulators why are you happy for them to continue to regulate UK imports, are British people really that lazy?

    - - - Updated - - -



    He hasn't.

    If a UK company exports something to the EU which doesn't meet its regulatory standards it will be dealt with accordingly. Just as would happen with an import from any other country.
    That sort of post about bendy bananas is just Dribbles playing up Brexiteer stereotypes as a bad joke. What he gets out of doing that in this thread, I'm not entirely sure, but there's strong reason to believe he's not entirely serious with that specific brand of drivel.

  17. #21037
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,733
    Going back a touch. Ryanair isn't failing because of Brexit.

    It's failing because it's a piece of shit company and people would happily fork out another tenner and fly with something that isn't run by soulless leeches who charge their own staff for bottled water when the cabin temperature is 35c+


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  18. #21038
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,638
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Some of us do.
    I guess i meant most of the hardline nodeal brexit types

  19. #21039
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Going back a touch. Ryanair isn't failing because of Brexit.

    It's failing because it's a piece of shit company and people would happily fork out another tenner and fly with something that isn't run by soulless leeches who charge their own staff for bottled water when the cabin temperature is 35c+
    Ryanair is not in any way, shape or form failing, passenger numbers were up 11% in the first quarter and it is set to make between €750million and €950million in profit this year, it does however face a number of challenges - one of which is Brexit (However dribbles is significantly over playing the impact of Brexit on Ryanair's profit slump).
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-07-30 at 05:57 PM.

  20. #21040
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No regulatory alignment whatsoever.
    Regulatory alignment mean jack shit unless there is a legally binding paper saying the UK will do just that. That's usually a clause in an FTA.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I'll wager right now the UK implements a free trade deal with Mercosur after brexit before the EU ever does...
    You'll get all the FTAs in the world if you're willing the bend over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •