View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #24021
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Seriously, imagine if Angus Deayton hadn't been caught snorting cocaine off a hooker's backside, this may never have happened.

    And that is a reference that most people outside of the UK (and those inside it who arent old enough to remember) won't understand.
    Yeah but we wouldn't have had the best HIGNFY episode where both Merton and Hislop ripped the shit out of him.

  2. #24022
    The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Astera
    Posts
    3,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Seriously, imagine if Angus Deayton hadn't been caught snorting cocaine off a hooker's backside, this may never have happened.

    And that is a reference that most people outside of the UK (and those inside it who arent old enough to remember) won't understand.
    pffft those hypocrites in downing street and parliment are / were all doing it.

  3. #24023
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    pffft those hypocrites in downing street and parliment are / were all doing it.
    May be, but if Deayton never got fired, Johnson would never have hosted that infamous episode.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  4. #24024
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    May be, but if Deayton never got fired, Johnson would never have hosted that infamous episode.
    Which episode was it?

  5. #24025
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Which episode was it?
    The first time Boris Johnson hosted. Was arguably the best episode ever, so popular they released an extended version on DvD.

    This was years before he became Mayor of London, airdate was the 29/11/02.

    It was the beginning of what became his public personna that was popular.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  6. #24026
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yep.

    He's just dragging us, inexorably, nearer conflict.
    I mean it is Parliament's job now to hold him accountable with a Vote of No Confidence.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  7. #24027
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Tbh, the UK has done far worse in its history to be embarassed about than the last three years.
    Every country has. We're just outraged because such things didn't happen in our childhood. Sometimes I wonder if history books in 200 years will go in detail about this or if students will merely read a one liner going "And the UK left the EU."

    I mean, we know Trump won't be talked about much at all, for lack of permanent political accomplishments of any sort.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  8. #24028
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Every country has. We're just outraged because such things didn't happen in our childhood. Sometimes I wonder if history books in 200 years will go in detail about this or if students will merely read a one liner going "And the UK left the EU."

    I mean, we know Trump won't be talked about much at all, for lack of permanent political accomplishments of any sort.
    The UK leaving the EU will have significant consequences in the financial future of the country tbh. And it may (and probably should) have consequences on the political structure. I think the need for a written constitution will become a common political point for the future in the UK.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  9. #24029
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it is Parliament's job now to hold him accountable with a Vote of No Confidence.
    Ah, but you see the problem with that, as sensible as it sounds, is that parliament cannot put its differences aside and, perhaps most importantly, if a VONC resulted in a GE they aren't sure that'll they'll win.

  10. #24030
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ah, but you see the problem with that, as sensible as it sounds, is that parliament cannot put its differences aside and, perhaps most importantly, if a VONC resulted in a GE they aren't sure that'll they'll win.
    I know, isn't it fun?!
    no, no it's not
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  11. #24031
    The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Astera
    Posts
    3,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Every country has. We're just outraged because such things didn't happen in our childhood. Sometimes I wonder if history books in 200 years will go in detail about this or if students will merely read a one liner going "And the UK left the EU."

    I mean, we know Trump won't be talked about much at all, for lack of permanent political accomplishments of any sort.
    Probly end up being a small paragraph along with the rest of everything from the end of the cold war to now. Sandwiched between the cold war chapter and the 3 chapters on calamitous 2nd emu war that ended with a century reign of emus dominating mankind. Historians will look back at how foolish we were not to see the growing threat in Australia.

  12. #24032
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Probly end up being a small paragraph along with the rest of everything from the end of the cold war to now. Sandwiched between the cold war chapter and the 3 chapters on calamitous 2nd emu war that ended with a century reign of emus dominating mankind. Historians will look back at how foolish we were not to see the growing threat in Australia.
    You obviously meant giraffes, not emus.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  13. #24033
    The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Astera
    Posts
    3,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ah, but you see the problem with that, as sensible as it sounds, is that parliament cannot put its differences aside and, perhaps most importantly, if a VONC resulted in a GE they aren't sure that'll they'll win.
    Was about to say that, I'm not nieve enough to belive that there rejecting a GE befor the poroguing was entirly about waiting for the so called surrender bill to get assent. And bojo asking for it wasn't some off the cuff statergy to paint the opposition as cowards.

    It was in my view alot based of posturing based on the polls https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...18-sept-update

    Bojo has managed to recapture alot of BXP vote, where as Labour has been on a steady downward trend for 2 years and is level pegging with the libdems for the ladt few months mostly.

    EDIT: and corbyns back at it again with his unclear mixed messages. Spend the whole party conference stating he wants a general election, demanding a general election. The as soon as Parliament is back he goes on a radio interview to say he will resist and election until "no deal is off the table"........ The best way to get no deal off the table is to take it of the table them selves or let the lib dems do it. All he's doing now is sabotaging labour.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-25 at 09:10 AM.

  14. #24034
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That is yet to be decided in World War 4. Those Giraffes are the nazis of the animal kingdom. To them, EVERYONE is beneath them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  15. #24035
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...uling-prorogui

    Agreement with supreme court mostly under partisan lines. BUT a lot of undecided leave and Tory voters on this.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  16. #24036
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Seriously, imagine if Angus Deayton hadn't been caught snorting cocaine off a hooker's backside, this may never have happened.

    And that is a reference that most people outside of the UK (and those inside it who arent old enough to remember) won't understand.
    Literally, this is the most pertinent comment about BJ's rise to premiership I have ever read.

    He'd still be a backbencher (or doing something else) if it hadn't been for HIGNFY.

    That said, you'd expect the demographic who watch the show to be broadly critical of him.

    This is the irony; pretty much every demographic (B, C1, C2, D, E) hates him other than the tiny minority (grade A, upper middle class, Little Englander, Brexiteers) who ensured he was elected.

  17. #24037
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    This is the irony; pretty much every demographic (B, C1, C2, D, E) hates him other than the tiny minority (grade A, upper middle class, Little Englander, Brexiteers) who ensured he was elected.
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics.../Boris_Johnson

    33% is not a tiny minority.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  18. #24038
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    touché

    Cutting through my hyperbole like a hot knife through butter.

    It is very interesting... he even has a 27% positive rating with Millennials.

  19. #24039
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    33% - "Boris Johnson is the most popular Conservative politician"

    What a hilarious blurb lol.

    Christ, he's 10% less popular than Trump, who's the least popular US President in modern history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  20. #24040
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    33% - "Boris Johnson is the most popular Conservative politician"

    What a hilarious blurb lol.

    Christ, he's 10% less popular than Trump, who's the least popular US President in modern history.
    That's more telling of how obsessed the people in the US are with their Presidents. Prime Ministers are seen as far more disposable. BoJo's popularity is very decent given the circumstances.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •