View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cool, I'll choose to not believe what I'm hearing from you
    Well that's your choice, but dismissing facts simply because you dislike whoever brought them to your attention is pretty closed minded >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    There was.
    There really wasn't. The government cannot put the upgrade of the mobile network on hold just because Trump is throwing a tantrum, especially when keeping it on track was one of their big election pledges.

First of all, it isn't "Trump's Nonsense Demand". It's the US Intelligence Community's recommendation.
    Well it was a demand, it was made by Trump, and it was based on nonsense, that's pretty explanatory. Yes I'm aware that various members of the US Intelligence Community are backing Trump in order to court favour or help their careers or whatever, but that doesn't stop it being nonsense it just makes them look silly.

as far as statements about independence goes, this is a self defeating one, because it just showed the world that the UK is now behold to China
    Wrong, by standing up to Trump it shows the UK won't be bullied and will stand up for it's own interests, even if it may well pay the price for doing so. A good message to send after shooting ourselves in the foot with Brexit and basically inviting the world to bully us.

Thirdly, the US does have alternatives, just somewhat more expensive.
    Nope, the options were basically China or Sweden. Trump did suggest the US and UK should team up to develop an alternative but that's impossible in the timescale required.

Fourthly, the best alternative at the moment is "Nothing"
    Not a valid option, at least not unless the 2025 target is being abandoned and as mentioned it was a major election pledge.

You want something from Huawei, a front for Chinese intelligence, to have that level of infrastructure penetration? Are you people insane.
    As mentioned previously, it's only going to be used in the public network (where all government/military communication and most private communication using it is encrypted) and the security scaremongering falls flat on it's face due to the fact that Hauwei already play a big part in the existing network just like they do in most first world countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If austerity added to your debt, it wasn't austerity.
    It didn't, but a lot of people in this country don't understand why the debt keeps going up even though austerity is reducing the budget deficit. Sadly it's not even something you can explain to the average person either as usually when they find out the deficit run up by the Blair/Brown government is still adding billions to the debt a decade after it left office then they have comprehension issues and get mad (assuming you must be a Tory and making excuses) because Facebook says it's all the governments fault.
    Last edited by caervek; 2020-02-02 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    well that's your choice, but dismissing facts simply because you dislike whoever brought them to your attention is pretty closed minded
    You know NOTHING about the issue, stop doubling-down on stupid you retarded little tory. How many times?

Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by thorplance View Post
    You know NOTHING about the issue, stop doubling-down on stupid you retarded little tory. How many times?
    1. Just because you don't understand it doesn't make those who do wrong.
    2. I'm not a Tory, I have mentioned this to you.
    3. I don't particularly like the Tories to be honest.
    4. Acknowledging the facts even when they are favourable to the Tories doesn't make me one.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I was in London on Friday evening enjoying my last moments as a citizen of the EU with like-minded folk. Strangely (as I'm quite sweary), I refrained from yelling obscenities at the opposing tribe, not that that stopped them yelling them at me. The sentiment among my crowd was that of resignation, which is sad, given the lengths the opposition went to cheat.

All I can say is this: although I am no longer a citizen of the EU, I will try to behave as one and not as a McDonalds-eating, bible-bashing, climate change-denying member of a soon-to-be 51st state.

I'm only sad I came to this conclusion late. I should have been actively campaigning to Remain in 2016 instead of inadequately critiquing the faults of EU institutions from the sidelines. The benefits of hindsight.

Peace & respect to those on the continent who have had to tolerate this shitfest.

I look forward to sniping (verbally & maybe literally) at those who, like David Davis, think "we will all be winners". I can assure you, I will, on every level and at every opportunity, make life as difficult as possible for you. There will be no “healing”. There will be no “reconciliation”. Go fuck yourselves.
    Lol maybe we should do a population exchange where the Leavers get deported to America (i.e. the South) while the residents of the blue states head over to the UK to rejoin Europe.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Lol maybe we should do a population exchange where the Leavers get deported to America (i.e. the South) while the residents of the blue states head over to the UK to rejoin Europe.
    TBH, I was thinking of moving to Europe if Trump wins re-election, and England was my first plan. Now I'm gonna have to brush up on my Spanish or something, and go live on some Spanish beach.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Tusk: There would be 'empathy' towards Scotland joining EU

nice to be optimistic, but nothing happens until Scotland is independent and asks for re-entry.
    It'll be some well-deserved karma for the xenophobic rubes in England and Wales that forced Brexit on the whole of the UK lead to the dissolution of the UK with Northern Ireland rejoining Ireland and Scotland breaking away, rejoining the EU and taking the North Sea oil platforms with it while pointing their fingers at the Tories on their way out the door.

From an outsiders perspective, it feels like a lot of it was driven by old white people born during or after WW2 and growing up watching the British Empire disintegrate after the war because the territories the British had been oppressing for centuries got tired of upper-class twits in London ordering them around and gained independence and the Brexiteers wanted to reestablish some semblance of what they were told was the 'glory days' of British power. Unfortunately, no one bothered explaining them that that power is impossible to get back.

Especially since the UK has been hiding behind the US militarily for over 70 years now.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-02-03 at 10:45 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    TBH, I was thinking of moving to Europe if Trump wins re-election, and England was my first plan. Now I'm gonna have to brush up on my Spanish or something, and go live on some Spanish beach.
    Nah do what all good emigres do; learn French and be a wine soaked social critic that spends the better half of his or her day in the cafe smoking and watching Amelie for the thousandth time on your iPhone that has a “This Machine Kills Fascists” sticker.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Why? Despite what is claimed in this thread you will be as welcome today as you would have been in 2016.

So utterly sad we have been ripped out of the EU, but also so happy to see the support from so many, and hope that we will be back in the EU as soon as we can!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why? Despite what is claimed in this thread you will be as welcome today as you would have been in 2016.
    Why live in the UK when one can live in the EU?
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Why live in the UK when one can live in the EU?
    Better internet in the UK (less censorship)
    Last edited by zenkai; 2020-02-03 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Better internet in the UK
    He told a swede.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Wat?
    https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...vs-europe.html

A British site finds UK at 12th place in Europe for download, and 16th for upload, which is below a number of EU countries.
    Or we could go to Business Insider: https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-per-second-22 which doesn't list the UK at all in the top 23, with 4 of the top 5 spots taken by EU members
    Last edited by Temp name; 2020-02-03 at 01:28 PM.

I sincerely doubt that when it's coming from a Swede.

This country has among the highest rates of fiber penetration in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Wat?
    https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...vs-europe.html

A British site finds UK at 12th place in Europe for download, and 16th for upload, which is below a number of EU countries.
    Or we could go to Business Insider: https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-per-second-22 which doesn't list the UK at all in the top 23, with 4 of the top 5 spots taken by EU members
    Once they no longer have to follow the silly EU rules they can open up their internet more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I sincerely doubt that when it's coming from a Swede.

This country has among the highest rates of fiber penetration in Europe.
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/1...orlds-internet

Not talking about speeds

Once they no longer have to follow the silly EU rules they can open up their internet more

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/1...orlds-internet

Not talking about speeds
    That's why the EU has the best internet? Look at the article linked from above:

8 of the top 10 are EU countries

14 EU countries in the top 20 BEFORE the US.

Please tell me again how the EU is bad for the internet. We don't have an Ajit Pai.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    That's why the EU has the best internet? Look at the article linked from above:

8 of the top 10 are EU countries

14 EU countries in the top 20 BEFORE the US.

Please tell me again how the EU is bad for the internet. We don't have an Ajit Pai.
    Because of the EU bullshit censorship and copyright stuff they are trying to do. If you clicked the link it answers your question.

Because of the EU bullshit censorship and copyright stuff they are trying to do. If you clicked the link it answers your question.
    Yeah sorry, an astroturf group backed by silicon valley is not a very good source for facts about the evil EU copyright laws. One could argue they got a horse in the race...

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Yeah sorry, an astroturf group backed by silicon valley is not a very good source for facts about the evil EU copyright laws. One could argue they got a horse in the race...
    Research it yourself then if you don't like the source.

EU Censorship and copyright are why the UK has garbage internet infrastructure but the rest of the EU is generally good.

Yeah that makes total sense /s

Keep digging that hole buddy, you might hit China soon.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death