View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Surprise, surprise the opposition parties decide not hold a confidence motion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49877512
    Well they really can't risk it yet until Boris signs the paper asking for an extension. Then when that's done they can do it without risking him breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well they really can't risk it yet until Boris signs the paper asking for an extension. Then when that's done they can do it without risking him breaking the law.
    It's sad that we have such an untrustworthy PM. On the other hand, one wonders what more skeletons will fall from his closet in the meantime. Ousting him is starting to look like the kinder option than just watching him stew in his own metaphorical filth.

Of course not! But that didn't seem to be an issue when the SNP were playing Billy Big Bollocks a few days ago. I wonder what the next week's excuse will be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    You know what the awful thing is? BJ could come and out and admit it and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to the voting intentions of those who support him. They simply do not care.
    By the same token BJ could come and out and deny it and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to the voting intentions of those who oppose him. They simply do not care.

Bottom line is that the prorogation debacle doesn't seem to have made a dent in BJ's polling.

Either they get rid of him via VONC and risk an election (not desirable for Labour with the polls being what they are), or hold fire and gamble on No. 10 not having come up with some ingenious wheeze to circumvent Benn's legislation (which they say they have).

The SNP were happy to throw their weight around a few days back, but the reality is that (for the moment) there is still no consensus in Parliament for an alternative administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    ...No. 10 not having come up with some ingenious wheeze to circumvent Benn's legislation (which they say they have).
    Grieve seems to think that there is no way around the Benn Act and that it is all bluster from Johnson designed to destabilise an anti-no deal coalition. I have to say I would not put this past Johnson and co.

- - - Updated - - -

So what? Of course they don't care: BJ is a proven liar, a philandering adulterer, an inept buffoon. He's no more fit to lead the country than Jim Davidson. You paint it as if the reality is different?
    Well you've decided that based on an accusation that not only is Johnson guilty but "there will have been others".

I'm not painting it as anything I am simply pointing out that you are just as rigid in your opinion of Johnson as his supporters.

Grieve seems to think that there is no way around the Benn Act and that it is all bluster from Johnson designed to destabilise an anti-no deal coalition. I have to say I would not put this past Johnson and co.
    I think it's almost certain that they will try something (whether it works or not is an entirely different story - you can all but guarantee an immediate judicial review of any significant executive action taken by the Government relating to Brexit between now and October 31st).

Have a feeling that it will go down to the wire and Halloween will be seismic.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I think it's almost certain that they will try something (whether it works or not is an entirely different story - you can all but guarantee an immediate judicial review of any significant executive action taken by the Government relating to Brexit between now and October 31st).

Have a feeling that it will go down to the wire and Halloween will be seismic.
    Maybe, but I would not be at all surprised if it is all an act designed to give the illusion that they - the non-establishment - are doing all that they can to stop the establishment from derailing The Will of the People.

Ok, well, let's forget alleged sexual assault.

Johnson is a serial liar and adulterer.

Any better?
    That he is.

Not really - it's all quite depressing.

That he is.

Not really - it's all quite depressing.
    Really?

I'm finding it all fascinating and hilarious at this point.

One of my fave things to do at the moment is to go to a Brexiteer forum and trigger them just to watch them foam at the mouth with obscenities its absolutely hilarious how easily you can push their buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Really?

I'm finding it all fascinating and hilarious at this point.

One of my fave things to do at the moment is to go to a Brexiteer forum and trigger them just to watch them foam at the mouth with obscenities its absolutely hilarious how easily you can push their buttons.
    Whatever floats your boat.

I don't suppose that any of them have been triggered enough to leave the country though.

Whatever floats your boat.

I don't suppose that any of them have been triggered enough to leave the country though.
    One's got to entertain one's self somehow, plus I only do it because it's so freaking easy.

Why would they leave? They're xenophobic it's best they stay on their little island known as little england.

Well you've decided that based on an accusation that not only is Johnson guilty but "there will have been others".

That was exactly what Pann did when an investigation was launched into the Labour party, presumed guilt on the basis of a process which hadn't even begun.

Herald of the Titans Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Probably because that's exactly what Boris wants.

If he gets kicked out of power, and the opposition are the ones that have to ask for an extension, that works perfectly for his plan to go into the election on the basis of "Tories v the enemies of Brexit" platform.

On the other hand, if he has to pen the letter that the law demands he writes, and the extension happens as a result of his actions, his entire basis for the election is undermined. Plus he looks like a pussy, which doesn't play well to the base he is trying to keep.

I'm pretty sure the only reason they are pushing the whole "we have a way around the Benn act" so hard is because they really don't. They know they will have to ask for an extension unless they get that no confidence vote first. Bluffing is pretty much the only thing they've been doing for the last 3 years. It's as natural as breathing now.

Wait until he writes, and the EU agree an extension. Then vote, get him out of power and get the election going. Let him stand on his record of utter, comprehensive and unprecedented failure. If people still vote for him, that's their problem.
    actually looking at the polls i think the plans much simpler, snap election, gain majority after purging all the remainer conservatives from there seats, over turn benns law, crash out of the eu, meet down at the Winchester and watch it all blow over.

i was also of the mind that he was looking the pass the buck to corbyn to watch him make a hash of it and sink but having seen the polls the last few weeks i think its a clear cut, lets purge the party of dissent and grab a majority in one go.

this is what happens when your main opposition party don't put up much opposition. as things currently stand if i was a betting man i would put my money on No deal being what happens, i think bojo is right that he has a way round benns law or at least a way to keep it locked up in lagaliese till after the 31st and a vote of no confidence into a GE will just see the cons regain there majority and also see the brexit party steal seats from labour, ending in a no deal.

the ONLY way out of this mess i can see is a vote of no confidence and a government of national unity that asks for the extension, which brings us back to the deadlock we were months ago where no ones willing to see corbyn as PM and corbyn isn't willing to see anyone else as PM. so the question is will corbyn put the nation before his ideology.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-30 at 08:39 PM.
    stuck in the D2:shadow keep Que....please send help!

Scarab Lord
    https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/queen-so...inister-638320

dear Lillibeth is not amused with her PM or so it seems
    Queen will not act prematurely for sure, but she wants to know her options for sure.
    interesting times ahead, stock on popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/queen-so...inister-638320

dear Lillibeth is not amused with her PM or so it seems
    Queen will not act prematurely for sure, but she wants to know her options for sure.
    interesting times ahead, stock on popcorn
    ahhh yes the "other" option.

aside form the unity goverment above there is technically the off chance that the queen could sack bojo if he didn't follow the benn law and install literally any one in the country as PM to quickly ask for an extension.

but this could potentially be a constitutional nuclear detonation, that the queen would be vary reluctant to do without sound support from a big section of society and MP's and good justification such as intentions to break or circumnavigate the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    ahhh yes the "other" option.

aside form the unity goverment above there is technically the off chance that the queen could sack bojo if he didn't follow the benn law and install literally any one in the country as PM to quickly ask for an extension.

but this could potentially be a constitutional nuclear detonation, that the queen would be vary reluctant to do without sound support from a big section of society and MP's and good justification such as intentions to break or circumnavigate the law.
    Maybe we'll have a repeat of Charles 1st marching into the commons?

asdsadsdasdad

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, back to this:

How, exactly, during the events of the last three / four years have I been "rigid in my opinion" during the Brexit process as a whole?

If there is one thing I cannot be accused of, it's being "rigid in my opinion".

- - - Updated - - -

And this is just hysterical.

"i has now been told that the Queen personally asked for advice on the constitutional circumstances in which she can effectively sack a prime minister."

While the blood is flowing, Pann will still be telling us to sit on the fence.
    asdsadsdasdad ????

asdsadsdasdad

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, back to this:

How, exactly, during the events of the last three / four years have I been "rigid in my opinion" during the Brexit process as a whole?

If there is one thing I cannot be accused of, it's being "rigid in my opinion".

- - - Updated - - -

And this is just hysterical.

"i has now been told that the Queen personally asked for advice on the constitutional circumstances in which she can effectively sack a prime minister."

While the blood is flowing, Pann will still be telling us to sit on the fence.
    Maybe we should break the fence :P

Maybe we'll have a repeat of Charles 1st marching into the commons?
    she still technically has that power, but my head hurts trying to think of possible repercussions from exercising it.

ginspeak for don't fuck with me
    who was it at?