View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not just Boris is it though. No major UK party is saying they will take the UK back into the EU.

Labour leader Keir Starmer tells Remainers Brexit debate is ‘over’ as he vows not to rejoin EU if he becomes PM

Maybe only the monster raving loonies would do that?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/116936...s-brexit-over/

And it isn't for me to sell Brexit benefits, that's been done and we won. It's for the ever diminishing rejoiners to now make their case for EU benefits, in time for the next referendum in about hhhhmmmm let me see 40 years time would be fair no?
    You were the one that said you had a long list of benefits. You were the one that kept saying how Brexit would make everything better. Are you saying that the best you've now got is "Labour aren't saying they'll take us straight back in".

Someone that supports Brexit lying and misleading. What a surprise. At least we know why you feel like you fit in with that crew.

Can't wait until it crashes and burns. I want to see the rank bullshit that people like you are going to come out with when the country goes down the crapper. I know what you won't be saying; "I'm sorry, I got it wrong, we shouldn't have done it". Because it's never YOUR fault, is it? Anything goes wrong, and it's always the fault of some unnamed "other".

It's just a shame that it probably won't hit you as hard as it should do. Everyone that voted Brexit should have been forced to put their houses, pensions and savings on the line, giving them up to support the country when it fails. If you believed in it that much, you should have been able to do that, surely?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Not just Boris is it though. No major UK party is saying they will take the UK back into the EU.

Labour leader Keir Starmer tells Remainers Brexit debate is ‘over’ as he vows not to rejoin EU if he becomes PM
    Starmer doesn't command that much support and I doubt he will survive into the next election. He isn't important.

What IS important is that there are a lot of people in business with money and power who don't want Brexit, and with Brexit voters dying off at around 1.5% a year rejoin is likely to become a very popular cause. This would happen even if the government hadn't proven itself utterly useless at managing anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You were the one that said you had a long list of benefits. You were the one that kept saying how Brexit would make everything better. Are you saying that the best you've now got is "Labour aren't saying they'll take us straight back in".

Someone that supports Brexit lying and misleading. What a surprise. At least we know why you feel like you fit in with that crew.

Can't wait until it crashes and burns. I want to see the rank bullshit that people like you are going to come out with when the country goes down the crapper. I know what you won't be saying; "I'm sorry, I got it wrong, we shouldn't have done it". Because it's never YOUR fault, is it? Anything goes wrong, and it's always the fault of some unnamed "other".

It's just a shame that it probably won't hit you as hard as it should do. Everyone that voted Brexit should have been forced to put their houses, pensions and savings on the line, giving them up to support the country when it fails. If you believed in it that much, you should have been able to do that, surely?
    There is no unamed "other" at fault in any potential crash and burn, it has a name let me help you - "Covid-19" if only it were not for the UK overreation to that, nothing to do with Brexit.

People who voted for Brexit tend to be older and wiser and you are right they have their skin in the game. Mortgage free property, big pensions, stock market investments etc so they have indeed put all this on the line for Brexit. Younger remain voters have nothing to lose, they rent property, tiddly pensions and no investments. Don't you wonder why it is that as soon as people have assets to lose they don't want to remain in the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantist View Post
    Starmer doesn't command that much support and I doubt he will survive into the next election. He isn't important.

What IS important is that there are a lot of people in business with money and power who don't want Brexit, and with Brexit voters dying off at around 1.5% a year rejoin is likely to become a very popular cause. This would happen even if the government hadn't proven itself utterly useless at managing anything.
    Hopeless reasoning. You think the demographic of the UK is getting more youthful my friend? Good luck with that.

The UK gets Brexitier by the second.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Hopeless reasoning. You think the demographic of the UK is getting more youthful my friend? Good luck with that.

You obviously missed the internal discussion in the Tory party about this: independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/conservative-voters-dying-off-lord-michael-heseltine-tory-part-elderly-support-base-pensioners-a7798386.html

10+ Year Old Account

Statistically, that demographic shift is happening in regards to Brexit support.

Brexit only has majority support among generations ~60+ and older, and a number of those have one foot in the grave already, they're not getting any younger.

There is no unamed "other" at fault in any potential crash and burn, it has a name let me help you - "Covid-19" if only it were not for the UK overreation to that, nothing to do with Brexit.
    And there it is folks; dribbles has started to get his excuses in early. If Brexit isn't the rip-roaring success that dribbles has told us for years it will be, it will be the fault of Covid 19. Nothing to do with Brexit being a shitty idea, it will be entirely the fault of an unforeseen pandemic if it fails.

We can then look forward to his "reasons" why our recovery from Covid 19 is going to be so poor compared to the rest of Europe and the world. I'm sure that will be nothing to do with Brexit either.

You're a fucking coward dribbles. You haven't got the guts to stand by this shite you sold the country, and you haven't got the guts to apologise when it goes wrong.

Incidentally, aren't your wonderful crew of Brexit cheerleaders the people running this country now? Are you saying that they got their response to Covid 19 massively wrong, yet we're still expected to trust them to steer us through the rocky waters of Brexit? What have they shown us these last few months to suggest they won't just fuck that up as well?

People who voted for Brexit tend to be older and wiser and you are right they have their skin in the game. Mortgage free property, big pensions, stock market investments etc so they have indeed put all this on the line for Brexit. Younger remain voters have nothing to lose, they rent property, tiddly pensions and no investments. Don't you wonder why it is that as soon as people have assets to lose they don't want to remain in the EU?
    But that's the point dribbles, that you've unsurprisingly missed again. It won't be people like you that will pay the price for the failure of Brexit. It will be all the poor fuckers who believed your lies that are going to be in a worse position. You'll be protected from the results of your stupidity. That's what I'd like to see change; find all the Brexit voters, and when it fails sieze their assets to fix the mess they wanted.

Surely you believe in Brexit enough to put your assets on the line for it? Or is it just other people you expect to bear the pain for your poor decisions?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

But that's the point dribbles, that you've unsurprisingly missed again. It won't be people like you that will pay the price for the failure of Brexit.
    Maybe from Brexit. I'm guessing his normally unflappable exterior has got noticeably more shrill due to the growing awareness he isn't safe from covid and the grim reaper.

But that's the point dribbles, that you've unsurprisingly missed again. It won't be people like you that will pay the price for the failure of Brexit.
    Maybe from Brexit. I'm guessing his normally unflappable exterior has got noticeably more shrill due to the growing awareness he isn't safe from covid and the grim reaper.

Fine. So Boris and his crew of idiots use the democratic mandate they got from their 40% of the vote to push ahead with a stupid damaging course of action. As I said some time back, at least this way people like you will have no place to hide when Brexit fucks this country over utterly.

Of course you'll still try and blame it on something else, because you've never taken responsibility for anything.

I notice you've given up trying to sell the Brexit "benefits" to us. There you were saying there were a multitude you could use, and the only two you actually came up with were basically "Brexit might repair some of the damage that Brexit caused". Where's this long list you promised?
    Please don't call it a democratic mandate, more than 50% of the country voted for left leaning parties who are skeptical of Boris's Brexit for the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is one of the things that anybody with intelligence said would be the inevitable outcome of Brexit.

This is another one: https://www.theguardian.com/business...ut-deal-brexit

Posters like dribbles still want us to believe that negotiating with two entities like the US and EU that are significantly larger than us is somehow advantageous for us. It isn't. The US deal will be bad for us. We will either get a bad deal with the EU (in terms of what the Brexit crew want) or no deal, which will be worse.

It doesn't help that the entire group of people responsible for managing Brexit have shown themselves to be utter morons with their handling of the Covid 19 situation. How anyone could expect them to suddenly become competent just because it's Brexit is beyond me.

Oh, and as for them coming in with "tariffs", any deal we get with the US will allow their companies to take legal action against any UK government activity that is detrimental to them. So even if we tried to slap tariffs on their food, we would then get sued in a US court, and they would be removed. They tried to include these clauses in the deal with the EU, but because the EU had sufficient muscle to stand up to them, they refused to agree. We don't have the same muscle.

Taking back control, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Quelle surprise.

So, when Boris Johnson said, in February of this year:

"I totally understand the concerns about chlorinated chicken, because it's not a hygiene issue, it's an animal welfare issue. And what we will do is use our negotiations and persuade our partners, if they want to trade freely with us, then obviously they will have to accept our approach to animal welfare.

actually, he had no intention making them accept "our approach to animal welfare".

Own it, Brexiteers... you all lied through your teeth. I hope the poultry industry come for you in the night. PECKING AT YOUR ENTRAILS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Quelle surprise.

"I totally understand the concerns about chlorinated chicken, because it's not a hygiene issue, it's an animal welfare issue. And what we will do is use our negotiations and persuade our partners, if they want to trade freely with us, then obviously they will have to accept our approach to animal welfare.

actually, he had no intention making them accept "our approach to animal welfare".

Own it, Brexiteers... you all lied through your teeth. I hope the poultry industry come for you in the night. PECKING AT YOUR ENTRAILS.
    But it IS a hygiene issue. WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quelle surprise.

We do own it v. happily. Taking back control means:-

"products that do not comply with high UK animal welfare standards would be subject to high import tariffs."

https://www.fwi.co.uk/livestock/poul...hicken-imports

/flex that UK muscle! Isn't it great when you are sovereign? Sounds to me like remainers clucking at straws...

"products that do not comply with high UK animal welfare standards would be subject to high import tariffs."

/flex that UK muscle! Isn't it great when you are sovereign? Sounds to me like remainers clucking at straws...
    Ahhh... i understand now, stupid old me.

As long as the yanks bribe us to consume their low welfare produce, that's all ok.

Clearly, exactly what Johnson implied in the statement I linked above.

if they want to trade freely with us, then obviously they will have to accept our approach to animal welfare.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh... i understand now, stupid old me.

As long as the yanks bribe us to consume their low welfare produce, that's all ok.

Clearly, exactly what Johnson implied in the statement I linked above.

if they want to trade freely with us, then obviously they will have to accept our approach to animal welfare.
    Talking of animal welfare no one is shoving manky chicken down your neck like an EU forced fed foie gras goose you know. You don't have to eat it, taking back control and allowing you the choice is a brexit benefit.

We brexiteers don't have to list the benefits of brexit when remainers continually do it for us. Got any more?

Talking of animal welfare no one is shoving manky chicken down your neck like an EU forced fed foie gras goose you know. You don't have to eat it, taking back control and allowing you the choice is a brexit benefit.
    Umm... you never consume chicken the origin of which is unknown? Restaurant / takeaway? Chicken tikka masala from your local anglo-indian takeaway not a favourite of family Dribbles?

We brexiteers don't have to list the benefits of brexit when remainers continually do it for us. Got any more?
    You don't have a list of benefits? Umm... what the fuck happened to:

"The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history.” – Liam Fox

“There will be no forms, no checks, no barriers of any kind [between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK]" - Boris Johnson

“If we vote to leave then I think the union will be stronger” - Michael Gove

Can't be arsed to go on...

Lies, lies, lies.

You should just stop.
    No one here believes you anymore.
    I know that owning a mistake can be tough for some people, but at some point you are making yourself look ridiculous. That's even worse than owning up to your mistake.

I love a bit of Jamie, particularly when he's going off on one:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Oliver
    Dear Boris Johnson,

I hope you’re well and your family is safe.

I write this letter because I believe you’re about to seriously undermine public health and unpick the delicate patchwork quilt of farmers and food producers that are the backbone of this country. While we’ve all been focussed on the fallout of this dreadful pandemic, most people reading this probably won't know that you’ve whipped your MPs to vote down the Agriculture Bill amendments that would have maintained our British food and animal welfare standards for future trade deals and imports.

We could be about to open the floodgates to a whole raft of low-quality food that would normally be illegal in the UK. Chlorinated chicken is just the tip of the iceberg. We’re talking about genetically modified food, stuffing animals full of hormones and antibiotics, banned pesticides that kill our bees, and an avalanche of foods that are high in fat, salt and sugar. What's more, we’ll be threatening the future of our farmers and food producers, who – despite extraordinary challenges – have worked so hard to keep us fed throughout the COVID crisis.

Boris, it’s in your power to map out an intelligent structure where we maintain our high standards but also retain the ability to strike trade deals that are good for the economy. In my opinion, some of the biggest emerging economies right now are hungry for a trusted and safe food supply, and this is where Britain can flourish. Brand Britain and its wealth of food producers are already perfectly placed to over deliver, but if food standards are weakened, a race to the bottom will ensue, and I believe that’s a race we will lose. Public health will be compromised, and our ability to export quality, trusted product will diminish.
    We shouldn’t need reminding that COVID-19 most likely originated in the food chain. This crisis has definitely made us all stop and think a bit more about what we eat, where our food comes from and how it affects our bodies. The association between high standards, food safety, animal welfare, ethics, traceability and sustainability has never been more important. These matters affect us all, every day.

Boris, I know you need to lead in a way that allows your teams to do their job when it comes to trade deals. I presume that you voted down the amendment to give you a blank sheet of paper in order to get deals done quickly. Of course we want trade, but not at any cost. Having standards – in law – will actually strengthen your hand in negotiations as we move forward. I believe that you have it in you to find the right balance. What looks like a simple piece of legislation will mark you in history either as a guardian to the land and its prosperity - or as someone that opened Pandora’s box to the quick erosion of the UK food and farming industries.

This is a pivotal moment, and an opportunity for us to rebuild a stronger and better food system. If it turns out that producers from other countries can make and sell us high-quality food to British standards at a cheaper price than we can produce it ourselves, then fair play to them. Of course we need to be flexible and we need to be open to trading with both old friends and new. But ultimately we should be striving to push trade partners’ standards up, not negotiating our own down. As those critical trade negotiations heat up, we must ensure that we’ve learned our lesson from this pandemic.

The COVID crisis has highlighted the need for us to simplify our food system so we can get to a place where we are less reliant on imports. The UK is blessed with some of the best food producers in the world, something we should value and protect. Yet we currently produce only 53% of our own veg and 16% of our own fresh fruit. Our climate is perfectly suited to growing produce, so we could easily grow more on our doorstep, not only for ourselves, but for export, too. And producing more fruit and veg here would of course be better for the planet too.

Boris – I urge you to take a fresh approach to the Agriculture Bill. Only you have the power to set us on the right path. Only you have the power to get all those MPs to vote for the amendment (and please press the right voting button this time, Rishi).

This Bill should be about championing the UK’s high standards in food safety and traceability, animal welfare and care for our environment. It should ensure that British farmers and food producers can continue to evolve and to deliver sustainable, healthy food without having to worry about being unfairly undercut.

I know you have Britain’s best interests at heart, Prime Minister, but true democracy cannot rely on one man or woman’s word – it requires the assurance of a lasting legal framework that interrogates and scrutinises the decisions that affect British businesses and public health.
    We only have a few days to get this right ahead of the next critical debate in the House of Lords on the 10th of June. Hopefully the public will already be writing letters to their local MPs to voice their concerns.

This is a unique opportunity for you, as Prime Minister, to demonstrate real leadership and reshape our food system for the better. It’s an opportunity to support all those key workers who’ve ensured we were able to put a meal on our tables throughout this crisis. An opportunity to allow the UK to set the standard for sustainable food production, and – crucially – to put public and child health at the true heart of government.

Good-quality food should be accessible to everyone, but having campaigned about child health for the best part of 20 years now, I am incredibly concerned about the impact that bad trade deals could have on our children. Our kids will be the most vulnerable if our markets are flooded with unhealthy foods high in fat, salt and sugar.

We need to put our children’s health first. Right now, more than ever, we need our kids to grow up strong and healthy, ready to face whatever life throws at them. We’ve just seen, for example, that having obesity or being overweight has made people more vulnerable to COVID-19. We absolutely must give our kids the best possible chance of making healthy choices.

Boris, as you’ve rightly said yourself, we owe it to our future generations to build back better. One in eight jobs in the UK is in food supply. This Agriculture Bill is a critical first opportunity to help the British economy bounce back and to support thousands of small family businesses, while also protecting our health and our countryside. Prime Minister, please take that opportunity and reassure us that food standards won’t be compromised.

SIGN THE PETITION HERE: www.campaigns.nfuonline.com/page/56262/petition/1?locale=en-GB

I notice that you ignore the fact that our trade deal with the US will allow US companies to sue us in a US court if we do something detrimental to their business. Which means if we try and put tariffs on, we are going to get sued. In a US court. What do you think our chances are of winning that?

Taking back control my fucking arse.

And before you say "isn't going to happen" they tried to get that in the deal with the EU. We've got zero leverage and we're tiny compared to the US. They are going to write the deal and we're going to sign whatever it says. You and your ilk have lied about every step of this process, and all that's going to happen now is that the next stage will cement the lying fuckwits that you all are.

Brexit is still shit, and it still has no actual benefits. The only question now is if you're going own the shit you've created, or try and make out it's somehow the fault of the rest of us.

I notice that you ignore the fact that our trade deal with the US will allow US companies to sue us in a US court if we do something detrimental to their business. Which means if we try and put tariffs on, we are going to get sued. In a US court. What do you think our chances are of winning that?

Taking back control my fucking arse.

And before you say "isn't going to happen" they tried to get that in the deal with the EU. We've got zero leverage and we're tiny compared to the US. They are going to write the deal and we're going to sign whatever it says. You and your ilk have lied about every step of this process, and all that's going to happen now is that the next stage will cement the lying fuckwits that you all are.

Brexit is still shit, and it still has no actual benefits. The only question now is if you're going own the shit you've created, or try and make out it's somehow the fault of the rest of us.
    51st state jokes incoming Who would have thought that all along, Dribbles were more keen on the UK being a lapdog for the US and the EU, instead of a powerhouse within the EU and through that globally.