View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I'm not happy that you sully a response with names like that. There is precious little a limited intellectual mind can contribute and while it was amusing for a while, he'll never admit anything, because he's trolling. The only thing accomplished here is reigniting my disgust for the moderation on this forum, supporting long-term trolling casually. It is people like them that enable the Idiocracy of today's time and age. They have zero excuse for what they do.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm going to have to invoke the name of @dribbles at this point. Because I'm a bit confused about this. Is this fake news? Because it seems to be just a statement of fact. Is it remoaners attempt to sabotage Brexit? Because this is one of the supporters of Brexit doing this. Is this somehow still a brilliant benefit of us leaving? Because it seems like it is another factory that was going to be built in the UK that is now going to end up in the EU.

Come on dribbles, talk us through how this is a good thing, rather than a hypocritical Brexit supporter fucking over the people that supported him to line his own pocket a bit more.
    A wealthy Brexit supporting Briton buying half of Mercedes is a win for the EU? How so? Perhaps he'll pick up BMW on the cheap next would that be another win for the EU too?...

And he moved to Monaco to escape the EU, well done to him standing by his beliefs. A benefit of Brexit is that once the newly sovereign UK can unilaterally reduce taxation below EU, illegal until transition end, minimum levels and become a tax haven he and many other wealthy individuals may move back. Singapore on Thames anyone?

With the benefit of very low taxation come January very little difference between Torbay and Monte Carlo in the summer other than sunshine hours.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    A wealthy Brexit supporting Briton buying half of Mercedes is a win for the EU?
    He bought a relatively small factory from Mercedes (about 800 workers), so that he can build a low-volume car. Don't get ahead of yourself.

And he moved to Monaco to escape the EU, well done to him standing by his beliefs.
    He moved because he refused to pay his taxes in the UK. Such a patriot. Sorry, leech. He's a leech - using the benefits of the UK but refusing to pay for it. He's worse for the country than the fictitious welfare tourists you hate so much.

With the benefit of very low taxation come January very little difference between Torbay and Monte Carlo in the summer other than sunshine hours.
    And who will pay for it, when the country has no income?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post

The poor. probaly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I suppose the tory dream (other than preventing coal miners making unions): Pay for it by cutting funding to things like schools, nhs, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And he moved to Monaco to escape the EU, well done to him standing by his beliefs. A benefit of Brexit is that once the newly sovereign UK can unilaterally reduce taxation below EU, illegal until transition end, minimum levels and become a tax haven he and many other wealthy individuals may move back. Singapore on Thames anyone?
    But.. Why didn't he move to the UK then? Because last I checked, which granted was a while ago, Monaco wasn't the UK, so any benefit, theoretical or otherwise, for Brexit has no bearing on Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm not happy that you sully a response with names like that. There is precious little a limited intellectual mind can contribute and while it was amusing for a while, he'll never admit anything, because he's trolling. The only thing accomplished here is reigniting my disgust for the moderation on this forum, supporting long-term trolling casually. It is people like them that enable the Idiocracy of today's time and age. They have zero excuse for what they do.
    I completely agree.
    It's pretty sad that trolling is tolerated to such an extent. A lot of threads end up being hard to navigate and real discussion is often impossible.
    Maybe I always misunderstood the term "Off-Topic". I thought that meant "not WoW related" and not "trolling corner for kiddies"

Do you then also think that posts like the following should be banned?
    I'm sorry that you're poor. You are clearly not representative then. Congratulations, you are the exception. Now go and be outraged and dismiss the entire argument! That's what you ought to do when the discussion doesn't revolve around your personal life, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Do you then also think that posts like the following should be banned?
    Unlike you, I don't go out of my way to get people banned because I personally dislike them. It still amazes me that you would go out of your way to look for a debatable post just to make a silly whatabout post. How much time did you invest in this? And THAT is the worst post you could find? Come on, show some dedication...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Unlike you, I don't go out of my way to get people banned because I personally dislike them. It still amazes me that you would go out of your way to look for a debatable post just to make a silly whatabout post. How much time did you invest in this? And THAT is the worst post you could find? Come on, show some dedication...
    I didn't spend any time on it - since it was a follow-up to a question I asked, and then I see you riding on your high horse I couldn't fail to see the irony.

The post was factually incorrect, and clearly meant as an insult; so if you want to clean up shit-posters from the forum you should also look in the mirror.

I didn't spend any time on it - since it was a follow-up to a question I asked, and then I see you riding on your high horse I couldn't fail to see the irony.

The post was factually incorrect, and clearly meant as an insult; so if you want to clean up shit-posters from the forum you should also look in the mirror.
    I think he wrote that as a sarcastic post reflecting what some people and think, not as a point of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    I think he wrote that as a sarcastic post reflecting what some people and think, not as a point of trolling.
    Ah, the famous "I was just sarcastic" defence.

Look at it in context:
    Yes, ask where Swedes are these weeks. They're not in the cities, I can tell you that much.
    Hmm...
    That seems very specific, are you a German visiting Swedish cities for summer holidays and finding them empty?
    No, but I know that in the nordic countries pretty much everyone owns a summer house at the lake, because it's cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    lol... cheap to own a summer house at a lake? just checking briefly what they cost where i live... 2 that are by a lake...

first one 95 sqm costs 2.9 million sek, that's 281214€... second one 90 sqm costs 1.5 million sek, that's 145455€...

cheap? a normal worker won't be able to afford either of them...

there is nobody in my social circle that has a summer house by a lake because they are too expensive...
    I'm sorry that you're poor. You are clearly not representative then. Congratulations, you are the exception. Now go and be outraged and dismiss the entire argument! That's what you ought to do when the discussion doesn't revolve around your personal life, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    The absolute majority don't own a summer house, far from it. Hell, most Swedes don't even "own" their primary home (there are very few apartments you downright own in Sweden, you buy the right to it instead). Most people rent their apartment. Source: https://omvarldsbevakning.byggtjanst...-vi-i-sverige/

Last numbers I saw was from 2013 and then only 16-17% owned a summer home. I doubt the number is higher because house and apartment prices keep going up while our salaries don't follow the curve.

It's not like in, say, Norway where almost everyone own their home, like 80-82%.
    You still think that it was called for?

But now back to the sinking Britannica.

Dude, I'm flattered, but you really need to move on and spend less time on me. It's a bit embarassing at this point.

A little update:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9681496.html

Barnier feels like trade negotiations are going backwards, thinks an agreement is unlikely. Hope everyone is prepared for a crashout over there, what with the recession and all, that's going to make it even worse.

A little update:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9681496.html

Barnier feels like trade negotiations are going backwards, thinks an agreement is unlikely. Hope everyone is prepared for a crashout over there, what with the recession and all, that's going to make it even worse.
    I am shocked, who ever could have seen this coming...

The deadline has passed, Boris & Co no longer need to keep up appearances to avoid Parliament forcing them to ask for an extension.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

That's what happens when you're an idiot and ignore scientists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Called it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    They're also out of their minds to not get an extension on the negotiations, so..

Ah okay, did not know that.. But still, I doubt he wants to be the one in charge when shit hits the fan, because then he'll get all the blame. If he can get someone else to take over the ship before that happens, they get all the blame and he can be like "Well, wasn't my fault!" even when it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. any bets on who the tories will make have a turn in number 10 next? I have a suspicion it might be Michael Gove up next.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    So.. any bets on who the tories will make have a turn in number 10 next? I have a suspicion it might be Michael Gove up next.
    Who will want it? Taking control of the party and the country at a time when Brexit is going to be destroying the reputation of both. It's going to have to be someone too stupid to recognise the damage they will do to their own reputation, or too determined to gain power to care.

So yeh, Gove has to be in the discussion.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.